Red Robin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros
  • Super flexible schedule; Only work during peak hours, mornings from 11-2 or nights from 5-9(in 19 reviews)

• Work with great people who could lift your spirits(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests(in 12 reviews)

• long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork(in 11 reviews)

I truly enjoyed my experience with Red Robin.

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat training program for managers. Very thorough.

ConsJust like most restaurant jobs.. Long hours on your feet

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

All About the Brand

Server (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsLove the cornerstones -- they apply both to the company and a lifestyle.
    Flexible Schedules -- great for college students
    Understanding Management
    Fun Environment!

ConsUpper Management is disconnected from the Servers
    They score servers like bartenders -- it is much harder for a server to get a high Bev/App rate than a bartender
    They want you to sell more sodas, but require you to put in a water for certain appetizers (inconsistent scoring)

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your servers -- they are the heart of your business. They are the ones in the trenches. If they are saying that they think that the Hospos should be in charge of the silverware, then there is probably a reason. If they are saying that the kitchen/hospos/other servers/other management is being disrespectful, then there is probably a reason. If a server actually busts their butt for the company and becomes a CLC -- reward them (because I am a CLC and I have received nothing but a 4 hour training with no food.

A place where colleagues are family

Server/Trainer (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsRelaxed and fun work environment, menu variety but simple to learn, wide range of clientele so never a boring day.

ConsHigh turnover rate for staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

general manager

General Manager (Current Employee)

Prosfriendly staff, quick advancement for those that care to advance, good stepping stone into management. Each of the stores ambiance varies so much its depressing going from one to the next as frequently as they move managers.

ConsEach of the stores ambiance varies so much its depressing going from one to the next as frequently as they move managers. High turn over rate for managers, poor compensation, expensive benefits not worth the payroll deduction amount.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay and benefits would keep managers longer than a year. Value the team that you have instead of taking advantage of them.

bad pay, ok atmosphere

Server (Former Employee) Carmel, IN

Prosgood training, decent hours, good crew to work with

Conshorrible pay, bad hours, management could not care less if you had a problem

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some sensitivity training and learn how to schedule

Fine until I was fired for personal health reasons. Gotta love a manager who literally doesn't care about his staff

Line Cook (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsBase level cook experience, not much else. Cooks get a free meal albeit with general limitations on pricier ingredients like avocados.

ConsManagerial staff that doesn't do anything, but complain. No team synergy and god forbid the managers schedule enough people for a shift

Advice to Senior ManagementFind managers that can keep their numbers in check and still find time or the humanity necessary to care about their staff. When an employee is little more than another number, it's hard to be enthusiastic about your job.

working as a server at red robin

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSometimes (if you get good customers) the tips are good.

Consif management is bad you will get crappy schedules (even scheduling you when you said you were going to be out of town and they will still make you find someone to cover your shift), no help in general (other servers will help if they are not too busy), lack of concern if any thing goes wrong - its usually more of a you better fix it! or whats wrong with you! look they give you if u make a mistake. Overall not very encouraging (esp. if you are new to serving). All of the money the company pays u goes to taxes so your salary is dependent upon your customers (which some nights you will be lucky if you make $20 dollars) Big parties are not required to tip so sometimes you will get screwed and actually lose money (since you have to tip the bar, the busser, and the expo)

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Managers who are supportive and pay your servers more. Stop being cheap. and require parties over 5 to tip (add that automatically on the bill)

Get in and Get OUT

Server/Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsAt first everyone is really nice and the management staff act like they care about you. Food is sometimes good. Fast paced. Room for growth.

ConsManagement sucks. Side work is a joke. N everyone cares about themselves not about the overall wellness of the restaurant.

Advice to Senior ManagementMakeover management training. Put more emphasis on the team and the guests rather than charts and numbers.

Great Company...... sometimes confusing to work for

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat concept with some opportunities to move up within the company, some of the systems in place are easy to use, very clean and well maintained, GMs have a great quality of life, benefits are good not great, salary is competitive with other companies

ConsTraining systems went from great to below average, trying to find reports to make your job easier is harder with a system called "yammer", Great quality of life for the GM but for Asst. managers its a lot of closes, Regional managers only talk to the GM makes it hard to be heard, benefits keep getting worse (insurance), when I first started it was all about their team members now they are going the other direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegional Managers should do more store visits especially if the GM isn't working, GO BACK TO FORMS BROWSER, have better planning when setting out promo dates and not last minute emails informing everyone, the training on the iPads suck go back to the old way of doing things cause that is not working, bring back the CDT program with all their benefits, figure out what is wrong with your internet connections, hire more managers since each location in Illinois is short, do a better job with promoting within the company (there is a ton of talent out there), quality of life for assistant managers could be better and GMs schedules need to be watched closely, GIVE MORE PRAISE to locations that are simply rocking it!!!!

Bad management

Host (Current Employee)

ProsNice people and good discount

ConsTerrible with hiring managers.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!