Red Robin

Updated December 13, 2014
Updated December 13, 2014

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley
Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, lots of hours during busy season, opportunity for tips (in 23 reviews)

• Great Management, Flexible hours, time well spent(Not alot of time doing sidework) (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests (in 12 reviews)

• long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Great environment to work in.

Former Employee - Server, Bartender, Mid-manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Server, Bartender, Mid-manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, management is very caring, and it pays the bills!

Cons

Difficult to get breaks if you're working a long shift and it's a busy night.

Not my favorite, but decent enough

Current Employee - Line Cook
    Current Employee - Line Cook

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of hours, decent pay for someone still living at home, fun staff, most management is awesome.

Cons

Extremely busy, lots of tasks to complete in a day, a lot of expectations from managment

Please invest in some PPE, I have NEVER worked in a restaurant that didn't have it and when I have to work fryers I don't like getting burnt.

Great Environment

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Work well with schedule (I worked as both a high school and college student & they were always understanding of my scheduling constraints)
    -Great atmosphere

Cons

-Difficult to move up into higher positions after you are a server

Not too bad until management changes.

Former Employee - Bartender/Shift Lead in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Bartender/Shift Lead in Dallas, TX

I worked at Red Robin full-time

Pros

I would love to say that if you just work hard, you'll move up, but that's not always the case. I did work hard, and had previous experience, but I also was friends with a lot of the right people and quickly moved into the bar and then into hourly management.

It's a typical restaurant though, easy menu, easy to pick up extra shifts to make money, work hard and do your job and help out when needed and you'll probably get what you want. I worked for a franchise, so I'm sure it was different that a corporate store, but I still think it was better than another restaurant I worked at where there was so much drama since there were so many high school aged servers.

It really is pretty easy to move up though I feel like. I worked there for over 5 years and knew several servers that moved into management. So if that is your goal, it seemed fairly easy within this franchise.

Another pro is that our owners were really good examples of constantly working. They could have easily come in and pointed out stuff that was wrong and then leave, but they would come in and actually work on those things with you (as far as cleanliness and inventory and food presentation).

Cons

Obviously lots of long days, especially when the restaurant was short-staffed. Having to work nights and weekends, which is typical of most restaurant jobs--luckily they weren't open too late. There seems to be a lot of management turnover or swapping, so they aren't always the most consistent.

Also, they changed their training to the way corporate likes, which I honestly think has made it go downhill. Yes, all the paperwork quizzes sucked but at least servers came out of training with a little more knowledge. So be prepared to help out the new people quite a bit since they may not be fully prepared!

Focus on training. Maybe this franchise isn't doing it the way corporate intended, but they need to do something considering most of the employees they get are first time servers.

Not the Opportunity I thought it was

Current Employee - Hostess in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Hostess in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Easy to get Hired
    -Friendly Staff
    -Hours to work, if you have the right ones available
    -Time off when asked for.

Cons

-Terrible Pay
    -Delayed advancement (if it happens at all)

Please realize that people cannot rest at hostess positions and must make more to live.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Server in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Server in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers are great! They really look out for their employees. Team work is a huge emphasis in the place, so you're never struggling or left on your own. Everyone is always willing to look out for one another. The hours are decent and flexible, perfect if you're also in school. There are ways to move up in the company if you're dedicated and continually willing to learn.

Cons

There aren't very many cons. It can be challenging when short staffed or when it's extremely busy, but it's definitely doable.

Keep up the great work!

Great values

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Red Robin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide training program and regular reviews. They listen to the staff at all levels. It is a fun and dynamic environment.

Cons

There are lots of kids ad you always get to sing happy birthday songs several times a day.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun coworkers, all ages of coworkers, pretty easy work and good with college scheduling

Cons

Management was lazy and didn't care about the staff. They hat when you work anywhere near 40 hours a week.

Red Robin life

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Red Robin

Pros

The bonds that are built with the guest and team members

Cons

Hours development quality of life

Sales Support

Former Employee - Sales Support in Latham, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Latham, NY

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay for someones first job. The staff get along well and the place was really busy when I worked there so that was good for tips.

Cons

Tough to live off without devoting your entire life to the place. Have to get in good with the bosses which really isn't that dificult but if you want to be a server from a busser its nearly impossible.