Red Robin

Updated November 26, 2014
Updated November 26, 2014

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley
Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, lots of hours during busy season, opportunity for tips (in 23 reviews)

• Great Management, Flexible hours, time well spent(Not alot of time doing sidework) (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests (in 12 reviews)

• long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Not What I Was Looking For

Current Employee - Hostess in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Hostess in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You start work quickly. I was interviewed on Wednesday and trained by Saturday. I came in with the intention of serving and was told I would be doing that soon.
    If you do a good job you can move far and quickly.

Cons

I felt the cleanliness standards were just not to my own personal standard.
    There was a general feeling of apathy; servers were texting, gossiping, etc. on shift.
    The general lax treatment of out job and atmosphere just rubbed me the wrong way.
    I was kept at a hostess position for months because the hosts would quit too fast. But I don't blame them with the crappy pay and lack of incentive to do better.
    You have to work CRAZY hours to get good money.

Not sure.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Server in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Server in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers are great! They really look out for their employees. Team work is a huge emphasis in the place, so you're never struggling or left on your own. Everyone is always willing to look out for one another. The hours are decent and flexible, perfect if you're also in school. There are ways to move up in the company if you're dedicated and continually willing to learn.

Cons

There aren't very many cons. It can be challenging when short staffed or when it's extremely busy, but it's definitely doable.

Keep up the great work!

Great values

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Red Robin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They provide training program and regular reviews. They listen to the staff at all levels. It is a fun and dynamic environment.

Cons

There are lots of kids ad you always get to sing happy birthday songs several times a day.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun coworkers, all ages of coworkers, pretty easy work and good with college scheduling

Cons

Management was lazy and didn't care about the staff. They hat when you work anywhere near 40 hours a week.

Sales Support

Former Employee - Sales Support in Latham, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Latham, NY

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay for someones first job. The staff get along well and the place was really busy when I worked there so that was good for tips.

Cons

Tough to live off without devoting your entire life to the place. Have to get in good with the bosses which really isn't that dificult but if you want to be a server from a busser its nearly impossible.

Great values and concepts.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salaries are good, communication is acceptable. Cleanest restaurants out there. Great health and safety practices. Management training process is rigorous but worth it.

Cons

Franchise and corporate don't work together well. Lack of corporate support for franchisees. Growth potential great but only at corporate stores.

Be more involved in training.

Not terrible but not great (Host)

Current Employee - Host
    Current Employee - Host

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You start off at higher than minimum wage, so that's something. Your duties as a host are pretty minimal. Seat guests, quote wait times, take to-go orders, check and restock bathrooms, windex the front windows. Not difficult things to do, but that's also why the job is a little boring.

Cons

Boring on slow days, and sometimes boring during rushes even. No chance for a raise. The management team plays favorites since they're all about the same age as the servers and hosts. Servers and management treat support staff (hosts, bussers, dishwashers) poorly. It's clear that they don't think much of bussers. Prepare to be texted at all hours of the day and night, being asked to cover shifts. Asking for time off is easy but there's not really a guarantee you'll get it.

Not sure.

Easy place to work

Former Employee - Server in Neshaminy, PA
    Former Employee - Server in Neshaminy, PA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

easy job, flexible with schedule, friendly atmosphere, good place to start a serving job, they will hire you even if you have no experience.

Cons

terrible management, mainly hired good looking girls, more concerned with what employees were doing then how the restaurant was.

maybe it would be a better place to work if the general manager wasn't focused on harassing all of the female employees and trying to sleep with them all of the time.

They dont care about their people

Former Employee - Busser in Monona, WI
    Former Employee - Busser in Monona, WI

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lively atmosphere
    Free lunch
    Had some friendly coworkers
    Management are good at acknowledging your hard work

Cons

Super busy restaurant drives management to care less about their employees

A lot to clean up after (things can get really gross)

Wages are nothing

Cheesey football fan culture (for those not into football)

Remember to put employee saftey first. Treat them the way they deserve to be treated and they will be extra motivated to do more.

Should be called Ghetto Robin

Current Employee - Hostess in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Hostess in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people you work with are nice & the free meals during training. If it wasn't for the ppl It would suck even more to be there. But I am quitting.

Cons

Everything else. Very unorganized & they don't really care how you feel about anything. Hours are so horrible. My first week of training I worked 4 days in a row, next week I didn't work at all & had to wait a whole other week to get paid (that's 3 weeks) they told me I was getting paid 9.25 my first day on the job I was told it was 7.25 while in training & they didn't know how long training would be. It really just frustrated me. Every day I had something negative to say. Not worth it for me. Red robin is almost 30 mins away from my house & I have a daughter. They are so not worth it. My interview they even told me they make the pay high to keep ppl from leaving.. I see now it's not the pay, it's the unorganized management. I am a Hospo (hostess)

Do you job & stop being a-holes. Care about your employees and stop robbing them.