Red Robin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros
  • Super flexible schedule; Only work during peak hours, mornings from 11-2 or nights from 5-9 (in 20 reviews)

• Work with great people who could lift your spirits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests (in 12 reviews)

• long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst Restaurant Job I have had

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsYou get free food every shift. Also, start off with 1 week paid vacation that they may or may not let you take.

ConsPoor benefits package. Lack of direction from upper management. I felt like I was torn apart every day I walked in. Their hiring system is in shambles. A lot of how this company is operated hinders middle managements ability to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a consulting fee I will explain in depth on how to fix your turnover issues and potentially more. Seriously I can make your company a lot of money.

Get out before it's too late

Server (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsThe only good thing about working at the location I'm at is a few of the other servers are amazing people (only like 3 of them)

ConsThe hostesses don't get trained properly at all! You're constantly being day 5 times in a row. Management doesn't help out and is always hiding in the office. Schedule is messed up every time it's put out. Constantly scheduled closing shifts 5 nights in a row. Sidework is not equally spread out whatsoever (and they wonder why we always go over 6 hours) managers play favorites. They post who the "overall top servers" and "overall bottom servers" are and it causes a lot of drama. If you happen to get into an argument with another teammate in front of customers or staff, the managers will just stand there and watch you and not even care what is making the company look like. I could keep going with so many things that are just completely unacceptable! I can't wait to leave and kiss the dirty bird goodbye (incase you were wondering why people call it the dirty bird, it's because it's filthy and nasty and dirty dishes are just put wherever people please, even right by the sauces that we put on our guests plates, yummmm)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys really need to figure some stuff out. No one wants to work here and the training is HORIFFIC!!

Anonymous (Current Employee) Chino Hills, CA

ProsRush hour made time go by fast, and tip money.

ConsThe shifts were sometimes 2 hrs long depending on how busy they got and they don't have a problem sending you home early. Absolutely no breaks and was rarely off on time. I would get home after working 4 hrs feeling like I worked an 8 hr shift. I also felt that management looked after the servers more than the rest of the crew. Not to mention they were also rude and complained all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone deserves their breaks specially during a long, busy shift and also don't just check on the servers, the hosts and bussers work just as hard.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible, horrible management

Server (Former Employee) Woodbury, NJ

ProsMy coworkers were the only people making it even remotely bearable.

ConsThe guests in this area are awful people. Lots and lots of nasty customers. Management does not care for its employees in the slightest and often threaten them with termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementCleaning out management is a must. They do not even give employees a chance to succeed or grow. It is a very hostile environment.

Awful workplace

Busser (Current Employee) Brighton, MI

ProsI can not think of any pro's of working here.

ConsNot knowing your schedule until a day before the new work week, the servers never gave the bussers the amount of tips they were supposed to, bad communication from all workers and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of the managers i've had at the Red Robin i have worked at have not been very good at their jobs. Most have been lazy, and fairly rude to employees. Managers give workers special privileges to the ones they like and make it obvious to the ones they don't like.

Great people, horrible corporation.

Server (Current Employee) Fort Collins, CO

ProsThe people I work with are absolutely amazing, never have felt more like a family in another of job. Pay is 95% tips and you can make easy $200 a day on a double.

ConsAll of your shifts are going to be based off of your stacker score which is made up of app/dessert sales, loyalty registered to tickets, beverages, and guest service reviews. Doesn't matter how hard you work or how amazing you are if you have a bad score you will not get good shifts. Also some stores give wright ups for their bottom 20% and three wright ups you're fired. And if your stacker score is low you also can't pick up shifts to try to improve your score.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your hard working employees the better shifts and stop threatening your employees with bad shifts because of their stacker scores. Just because they don't meet scores doesn't mean they are making customers come back.

Kiss your social life goodbye

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsFree meals and health benefits.

ConsHypocritical, contradicting, favoritism and managers fraternization.

Advice to Senior ManagementExplore your options before moving into a Management position.

Red robin needs Jesus!! Or something to help them treat employees better

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsPeople I work with, flexible hours

ConsWay too corporate.. And low quality food for too much money... Expos recently got tips taken away, which in the many years I've worked there, this is the second time red robin has changed how much their employees should get paid... Very unethical.. And they don't show any concern for it what so ever. It's solely just "surprise, like it or not you no longer are going to be making money." Servers are also angry about this as they know the work ethic of the expos will go down because before they were willing to help in any case, now they won't, servers are not paying them... On top of that they have taken away 50% off on any food for team members that actually do the hard work for the restaurant and give 250$ per quarter to most corporate employees... Every time these corporate employees come into my restaurant they barely tip 15%... Really? Honestly red robin treats there employees like trash, at least the ones that work within the restaurants.... But then they expect everyone to go above and beyond with a smile on their face when nothing is given in return except the false promises of a "great future" for red robin... In all the time I have worked here I have watched this company slowly drown... It is a failing company that always is making changes in hopes that it will grab the guests and keep them coming back...but guests are looking else where now... With all the other options like five guys that actually serves fresh food not half microwaved food or hockey puck burnt burgers, at half the cost, I don't blame the guests... A couple weeks ago, a guy in my kitchen was yelled at because he threw away 16 burgers that had freezer burn and we're pure grey, he has pictures to prove, unlike the regular uncooked burger color of red... That manager on duty had said that we really needed to watch food cost... So, bottom line, employees within the restaurants are being trained to serve poor food to guests to save red robin money, degraded for choosing to do the right thing, and lastly the guests are NOT getting good quality food... What kind of company is this? I am very passionate about this kind of stuff, and this is morally wrong.. The people at the top should be ashamed of themselves!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like humans... And corporate really needs to try and understand its market... People want good food that tastes great and is fresh at a decent price... There is no reason to charge 15$ for a burger because it's angus patty... And stop making changes on how much people make an hour by decreasing it.. Cutting peoples pay no matter how you do it, within the law or not is wrong... Your employees have mouths to feed, bills to pay too, and most are going to school and paying for it! We're not just dogs...Please try and remember those things... It would be very appreciated

Assistant manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat training, good compensation, the other assistant managers really worked hard too, if you like to not sleep, this is the place for you

ConsHorrible work/life balance. After a lifetime in the restaurant biz, this place showed me how ruthless a company can be in pursuit of the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is only about the numbers, everything else doesn't matter

Worst Company I have ever been employed by.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI'm really thinking hard about this question but can't find anything that was positive about Red Robin.

ConsThe entire company from the CEO to Human Resources department don't care about anyone but themselves. They are very deceptive. They lie and break labor laws like they are a joke. They have no concept of what a company policy means or how to enforce them. As long as the Board of Directors are getting there pockets lined with stacks of cash and stock options this company will operate as a fascist state.
    If you work here, I warn you not to call the Red Robin Whistle Blower phone number. You will be investigated by the Nazi.HR Department and then they will discriminate and harass you until you quit or fire you for no reason.
    Bottom line is they don't care. They tell you they do in orientation but it's a huge lie. They talk about core values and helping others through there bogus Caring Program in which you must donate from your weekly pay check. But it's a scam.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will all have to account to God one day. I know where I'm heading, I think your all heading a little further south than me!

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!