Red Robin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros:
  • "Super flexible schedule; Only work during peak hours, mornings from 11-2 or nights from 5-9"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Work with great people who could lift your spirits"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork"
    in 10 reviews
  • "All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great college job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Robin

Prosquick money, easy place to make friends

Constoo corporate sometimes take fun our of the job

Assistant manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Robin full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat training, good compensation, the other assistant managers really worked hard too, if you like to not sleep, this is the place for you

ConsHorrible work/life balance. After a lifetime in the restaurant biz, this place showed me how ruthless a company can be in pursuit of the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is only about the numbers, everything else doesn't matter

Energy Required

Host/Server (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Red Robin full-time for less than a year

ProsWork with great people who could lift your spirits. Caring, friendly managers are a plus.

ConsNo matter what, the customer is always right. That being said, you have to sacrifice your ego sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting like everyone is replaceable.

Worst Company I have ever been employed by.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Red Robin full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI'm really thinking hard about this question but can't find anything that was positive about Red Robin.

ConsThe entire company from the CEO to Human Resources department don't care about anyone but themselves. They are very deceptive. They lie and break labor laws like they are a joke. They have no concept of what a company policy means or how to enforce them. As long as the Board of Directors are getting there pockets lined with stacks of cash and stock options this company will operate as a fascist state.
If you work here, I warn you not to call the Red Robin Whistle Blower phone number. You will be investigated by the Nazi.HR Department and then they will discriminate and harass you until you quit or fire you for no reason.
Bottom line is they don't care. They tell you they do in orientation but it's a huge lie. They talk about core values and helping others through there bogus Caring Program in which you must donate from your weekly pay check. But it's a scam.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will all have to account to God one day. I know where I'm heading, I think your all heading a little further south than me!

Business people should run businesses, not restaurants

Bartender/Server/Certified Learning Coach (Current Employee)
Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Red Robin full-time for more than a year

ProsThe local environment will change depending on the mid managers, heart of house, front of house, and general mangers. The corporation itself will remain the same, so that is what I will discuss.

The pros are that as a corporation, there will always be a higher head to talk to if things are awful. Red Robins tend to have a higher standard than other restaurants and keep riff raff at bay.

ConsHeart of house will have the fairest advantage in that corporate will only worry about their hours. Front of house will worry about corporate making their jobs harder. Some servers will be let out without extra duty while you pick up the way to appease corporate's unrealistic time expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the GM's do their job and run a restaurant. Training should be done by the CLC's, ongoing development should be run by in house employees. If your goal is to keep track of every percentage and poll of each employee, at least show up at the restaurant more than once a year. During the GM cruise, it was discussed that the reason new team members leave is because of the management. This is a short sighted cop out. Most of the team members I have trained and worked with have left because corporate's influence on the restaurant force the managers to make calls that hinder the restaurant, aggravate the workers, and give the guests less of a great experience all to gain a green status on the score card to look good as a restaurant.

Great

I have been working at Red Robin

ProsGood training. Good hours.

ConsHave to deal with servers and Smell like burgers.

Hard work, but with great team

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Red Robin full-time for more than 5 years

ProsUnlike other restaurant concepts, you will find at RR that the team works together and all levels will do their part to get the job done. Have a strong leadership at the top.

ConsCompany has become focused too much on the bottom line. Supplies are not regulated or updated based on sales, so if you are strong on togo orders you do not get a supplies bump which could effect bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the little things. Listen to your managers who are in the line of fire everyday. Make morning routines easier to manage. Give the restaurants what they need to grow, instead of hindering them through unrealistic expectations that make management afraid to try anything fresh and new (i.e. outside marketing)

Easy waitress position

Server (Current Employee)

I have been working at Red Robin part-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorks with my full time job schedules, easy to learn menu, great atmosphere

ConsMenu prices are slightly high for burgers and fries

Overall decent experience

Host (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Robin part-time for less than a year

ProsMeet someone new everyday, most employees had a great attitude, 50% discount on food, free fries and soft drinks.

ConsThe general manager when I started was awesome, everyone worked pretty well together, and things ran smooth for the most part. When we got a new general manager, that ship sank. He made his favorites nearly crystal clear, and treated you as such.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between all employees, including managers.

Great College Gig

Server (Former Employee)
Issaquah, WA

I worked at Red Robin part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible with Hours. Made enjoy at the location i worked at to buy a new car and only work weekends.

ConsWorking weekends. Your hours are the complete opposite of everyone else not in the service industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery server needs to charge the same way. A tavern burger for a kid, is still a tavern burger and they don't get a free drink.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Robin reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Robin CEO Stephen E. (Steve) Carley. All 284 reviews posted anonymously by Red Robin employees.