Red Robin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros
  • Super flexible schedule; Only work during peak hours, mornings from 11-2 or nights from 5-9 (in 20 reviews)

• Work with great people who could lift your spirits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests (in 12 reviews)

• long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

working as a server at red robin

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSometimes (if you get good customers) the tips are good.

Consif management is bad you will get crappy schedules (even scheduling you when you said you were going to be out of town and they will still make you find someone to cover your shift), no help in general (other servers will help if they are not too busy), lack of concern if any thing goes wrong - its usually more of a you better fix it! or whats wrong with you! look they give you if u make a mistake. Overall not very encouraging (esp. if you are new to serving). All of the money the company pays u goes to taxes so your salary is dependent upon your customers (which some nights you will be lucky if you make $20 dollars) Big parties are not required to tip so sometimes you will get screwed and actually lose money (since you have to tip the bar, the busser, and the expo)

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Managers who are supportive and pay your servers more. Stop being cheap. and require parties over 5 to tip (add that automatically on the bill)

Get in and Get OUT

Server/Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsAt first everyone is really nice and the management staff act like they care about you. Food is sometimes good. Fast paced. Room for growth.

ConsManagement sucks. Side work is a joke. N everyone cares about themselves not about the overall wellness of the restaurant.

Advice to Senior ManagementMakeover management training. Put more emphasis on the team and the guests rather than charts and numbers.

A place where colleagues are family

Server/Trainer (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsRelaxed and fun work environment, menu variety but simple to learn, wide range of clientele so never a boring day.

ConsHigh turnover rate for staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place To Grow and Then Move On

Jack of All Trades (Former Employee) Madison Heights, MI

ProsVERY Flexible with school hours (I worked there all throughout high school and most of college)
    You get very close to your fellow team members.
    There is the ability to grow!

ConsA little hectic and caddy at time. But, hey! It's a restaurant!

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on keeping on!

Amazing workplace

Server (Current Employee) Muskegon, MI

ProsGreat Management, Flexible hours, time well spent(Not alot of time doing sidework). Alot of room for Cross training into other positions and being able to do what you want to further yourself.

ConsBad Guests from local "poor" district other than that nothing,

Worst Restaurant Job I have had

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsYou get free food every shift. Also, start off with 1 week paid vacation that they may or may not let you take.

ConsPoor benefits package. Lack of direction from upper management. I felt like I was torn apart every day I walked in. Their hiring system is in shambles. A lot of how this company is operated hinders middle managements ability to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a consulting fee I will explain in depth on how to fix your turnover issues and potentially more. Seriously I can make your company a lot of money.

Get out before it's too late

Server (Current Employee) Wilsonville, OR

ProsThe only good thing about working at the location I'm at is a few of the other servers are amazing people (only like 3 of them)

ConsThe hostesses don't get trained properly at all! You're constantly being day 5 times in a row. Management doesn't help out and is always hiding in the office. Schedule is messed up every time it's put out. Constantly scheduled closing shifts 5 nights in a row. Sidework is not equally spread out whatsoever (and they wonder why we always go over 6 hours) managers play favorites. They post who the "overall top servers" and "overall bottom servers" are and it causes a lot of drama. If you happen to get into an argument with another teammate in front of customers or staff, the managers will just stand there and watch you and not even care what is making the company look like. I could keep going with so many things that are just completely unacceptable! I can't wait to leave and kiss the dirty bird goodbye (incase you were wondering why people call it the dirty bird, it's because it's filthy and nasty and dirty dishes are just put wherever people please, even right by the sauces that we put on our guests plates, yummmm)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys really need to figure some stuff out. No one wants to work here and the training is HORIFFIC!!

Anonymous (Current Employee) Chino Hills, CA

ProsRush hour made time go by fast, and tip money.

ConsThe shifts were sometimes 2 hrs long depending on how busy they got and they don't have a problem sending you home early. Absolutely no breaks and was rarely off on time. I would get home after working 4 hrs feeling like I worked an 8 hr shift. I also felt that management looked after the servers more than the rest of the crew. Not to mention they were also rude and complained all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone deserves their breaks specially during a long, busy shift and also don't just check on the servers, the hosts and bussers work just as hard.

Horrible, horrible management

Server (Former Employee) Woodbury, NJ

ProsMy coworkers were the only people making it even remotely bearable.

ConsThe guests in this area are awful people. Lots and lots of nasty customers. Management does not care for its employees in the slightest and often threaten them with termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementCleaning out management is a must. They do not even give employees a chance to succeed or grow. It is a very hostile environment.

Awful workplace

Busser (Current Employee) Brighton, MI

ProsI can not think of any pro's of working here.

ConsNot knowing your schedule until a day before the new work week, the servers never gave the bussers the amount of tips they were supposed to, bad communication from all workers and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of the managers i've had at the Red Robin i have worked at have not been very good at their jobs. Most have been lazy, and fairly rude to employees. Managers give workers special privileges to the ones they like and make it obvious to the ones they don't like.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!