Red Robin

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley
Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, lots of hours during busy season, opportunity for tips (in 23 reviews)

• Great Management, Flexible hours, time well spent(Not alot of time doing sidework) (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests (in 12 reviews)

• long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Slow steady decline from customer service mecca to corporate hellhole

I worked at Red Robin

Pros

Fewer every day. 50% off certain menu items and being employed somewhere is technically a "pro" but I'm really stretching to think of others. Easy to swap shifts in emergencies I suppose.

Cons

Loss of shifts due to: arbitrary beverage/appetizer/dessert order rates, inability to force guests to complete satisfaction surveys, and inability to force guests to register reward cards. Customer base expects "free fries" at all times despite only offering "refills" (as opposed to pre-fills). Local management endures constant termination threats, all hourly employees capped at 30 hours to prevent claiming benefits. I could go on.

Advice to management would be to read my list of Cons and address them instead of punishing employees, view order rates as reflective of demographic not reflective of employee failure, provide immediate incentives for guest voice surveys ($3 off next bill instead of "occasional cash and prizes"), provide avenue for employee feedback, clarify "fryfill" policy on menu (this will help appetizer rates by the way), and for the love of God stop neutering local managers by micro managing comps and discounts. Lastly, factor fry refills into food costs instead of berating kitchen staff for exceeding cost they have little control over.

this company is a joke

I worked at Red Robin

Pros

if you like cooking crappy food work here. if your ready for a good laugh go ahead an apply. you will see what im talking about.

Cons

nobody knows how to do their job, they are all a bunch of fake cheesy people that know nothing about food service.

you suck.

Great place to eat, not so much to work

Current Employee - Server in Saucon Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Saucon Valley, PA

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The discount is great, you will probably get a lot of hours

Cons

Sometimes too many hours, no breaks, it gets very busy, the managers can only do so much at once, the scheduling is a nightmare, sometimes you'll come in and work 8 hours, sometimes 2.

Pay attention to scheduling and your doubles for the day.

started off good, went down hill

Former Employee - Hostess/Food Runner in Millbury, MA
    Former Employee - Hostess/Food Runner in Millbury, MA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people i worked with were great so friendly, getting free food YUMMM

Cons

the mangers needed to get there act together, new management came in and ruin the place

Do not hire idiots.

I place that will take you to the next level.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Phila, PA

I worked at Red Robin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very big on training and developing you into a leader.

Cons

This is a place where you need to get it on the 1st or 2nd time. Sometimes the 1st time. If not your out.

Take a step back and understand you workers and stop using them as tools.

A good temporary place to work with fun people.

Former Employee - Host in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Host in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Red Robin part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The thing that I enjoyed the most about working here is the people; everyone was really social and fun, which made the sometimes tedious work enjoyable. Managers were well-balanced between laying down the law and being relaxed, so we got everything done without them riding us too hard.

Cons

It was pretty difficult to switch shifts, and the hosts had to do a lot more work beyond what I thought was the job description. No tips for hosts.

Great Company Environment

Current Employee - Server in Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Server in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good culture
    Great employees
    Great Management

Cons

No consistent money.
    Lower tips on average.

Ups and downs

Former Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Red Robin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fairly easy job, some promoting within for top performers, growing company, going in a good direction

Cons

Low / average salary compared to industry, bonus structure can be difficult to attain

Great Values, Bad Management.

Current Employee - Server in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Server in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, values, and goals. I love the company and its goals.

Cons

The management is rude sometimes. Issues with scheduling and asking off. Awkward in and out times. Management can't seem to hire good workers recently, either.

Remove your managers from this store. One can't speak to guests well, the other can't handle the pressure. There is only one that is good.

Hardly controlled chaos in burger form

Current Employee - Linecook in Hamburg, PA
    Current Employee - Linecook in Hamburg, PA

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, always hiring, usually busy, getting hours isn't an issue, the few employees that we do maintain for longer than 3 months are on the whole decent workers and reliable, time off is usually honored

Cons

Managers don't deal with problems, no weekends, no chance of overtime, benefits have gone down in the past year, low employee retention, "core values" are not followed by the management staff, little to no break time, very hostile work environment

Learn to listen to the employees when they tell you things, take what they say with more than a few grains of salt because they're the backbone of your work force.