www.redrobin.jobs
Employer Engaged

was a good job, wouldnt mind working there again

Former Employee - Line Cook in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Red Robin part-time (more than a year)

Pros

good pay, good food, good

Cons

little hours given to none favorites

offer better hours

Shady Business Practices

Former Employee - Server in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Server in Seattle, WA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Always busy, so there is an opportunity to make decent tips.

Cons

Training program is outdated, and contains no information on current menu items. Breaks are not given according to state labor laws. For servers, you are required to claim all credit card tips that you made before tipping out 3% of your sales to co-workers. This results in you paying taxes on money you did not take home. Consistently understaffed.

Follow the law, and staff enough people.

Former Employee - Expo in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Expo in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Red Robin has the potential to be a fun, productive environment and restaurant

Cons

Four out of five managers at my branch were later fired for illegal drugs. This shows poor leadership and management skills.
    Dishwashers were clocked out before their shifts were complete.
    No facial hair or tattoos can be shown.
    Aggressive management tactics.
    Poor and unsanitary kitchen protocol.

Pay more attention to who is managing your restaurants. One bad experience can have an ever lasting impression. When there is poor management, you lack leadership, and a happy staff. When your staff is unhappy, they don't like their job. When they don't like their job, customers can tell. Thus, Red Robin management is creating poor customer experiences.

Should be called Ghetto Robin

Current Employee - Hostess in Davenport, IA
    Current Employee - Hostess in Davenport, IA

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are nice & the free meals during training. If it wasn't for the ppl It would suck even more to be there. But I am quitting.

Cons

Everything else. Very unorganized & they don't really care how you feel about anything. Hours are so horrible. My first week of training I worked 4 days in a row, next week I didn't work at all & had to wait a whole other week to get paid (that's 3 weeks) they told me I was getting paid 9.25 my first day on the job I was told it was 7.25 while in training & they didn't know how long training would be. It really just frustrated me. Every day I had something negative to say. Not worth it for me. Red robin is almost 30 mins away from my house & I have a daughter. They are so not worth it. My interview they even told me they make the pay high to keep ppl from leaving.. I see now it's not the pay, it's the unorganized management. I am a Hospo (hostess)

Do you job & stop being a-holes. Care about your employees and stop robbing them.

They dont care about their people

Former Employee - Busser in Monona, WI
    Former Employee - Busser in Monona, WI

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lively atmosphere
    Free lunch
    Had some friendly coworkers
    Management are good at acknowledging your hard work

Cons

Super busy restaurant drives management to care less about their employees

A lot to clean up after (things can get really gross)

Wages are nothing

Cheesey football fan culture (for those not into football)

Remember to put employee saftey first. Treat them the way they deserve to be treated and they will be extra motivated to do more.

Not terrible but not great (Host)

Current Employee - Host
    Current Employee - Host

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You start off at higher than minimum wage, so that's something. Your duties as a host are pretty minimal. Seat guests, quote wait times, take to-go orders, check and restock bathrooms, windex the front windows. Not difficult things to do, but that's also why the job is a little boring.

Cons

Boring on slow days, and sometimes boring during rushes even. No chance for a raise. The management team plays favorites since they're all about the same age as the servers and hosts. Servers and management treat support staff (hosts, bussers, dishwashers) poorly. It's clear that they don't think much of bussers. Prepare to be texted at all hours of the day and night, being asked to cover shifts. Asking for time off is easy but there's not really a guarantee you'll get it.

Not sure.

It's food service

I worked at Red Robin

Pros

The people were fun to work with and the free/discounted meal was nice. Flexible scheduling and the work was pretty easy for a restaurant

Cons

Very high turnover for managers and not enough holding people accountable. Benefits were slowing reduced and taken away over the years. Very disrespectful and hostile environment at t imes

Good place to eat --Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Hostess in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Hostess in Portland, OR

I worked at Red Robin part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Found it easy to get hired. They have many locations. Busy atmosphere.

Cons

They will send you home at the beginning of your shift for various reasons like if it's not busy enough or if you don't wear a belt with your "uniform" -- this is awful if you travel far or need the hours. They only give you a small discount on food unless you have a full time job working in the back of the house; other companies I've worked for offer free food for all employees. Of course shifts are based on seniority so new people end up with really short and non desirable shifts. You have to study a lot to learn the menus and drink specials (even if you're not a server) and at my store they pop quizzed often including stuff from food handler's learning. They give you a Red Robin card for your pay, they don't deposit it in your bank or give you a check. Most of the coworkers seemed too stressed or too busy to be friendly. I was forced to wear the Red Robin bird mascot suit...the person who wears that is supposed to get paid more than minimum wage but they told me they were just training me in it--either way no one told me that was part of my job description when I got hired.

Train managers better--some of them have no people skills.

QUALITY OF LIFE-NONE

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

car allowance, vacations and yearly conference

Cons

Never get to have enough staff or management as the company is focused on their bottom line and not the people. I have been with the company for 6 years and the culture, environment and care for the team has decreased over the years. Have asked to go to other locations and am always turned down because "we dont have anyone to fill your spot" well i have trained people but they do not fit the "image" and looking at the new managers that get hired they are rejects just trying to fill a spot vs being qualified.

Spend time with your people and see what they need to be successful.

It is ok

Current Employee - Line Cook in South Plainfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Line Cook in South Plainfield, NJ

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (less than a year)

Pros

competitive pay and flexible hours

Cons

little training, not friendly co workers

More training