Red Robin

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Robin CEO and Director Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Stephen E. (Steve) Carley

Pros
  • Super flexible schedule; Only work during peak hours, mornings from 11-2 or nights from 5-9 (in 20 reviews)

• Work with great people who could lift your spirits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • All in all, I loved me job their for my team members and the Guests (in 12 reviews)

• long hours and alot on lists to complete daily too much paperwork (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Good money for high school student....typically horrible management

Waiter (Current Employee) Towson, MD

Health Benefits
    Hours You Get

ConsVery Poor Management
    Unfair Pay
    Not carrying much for their staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomers are #1 priority but remember employees make their food and make the reputation of RR.

Your life revolves around Red Robin

Prep Cook, Line Cook, Dish Person (Former Employee)

ProsLot of hours, decent pay

ConsDrama, stuck in one position, can't plan anything because schedules change all the time and are always posted last minute, you have no life outside of RR

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good for a first job

Server (Former Employee) Folsom, CA

ProsAlways busy and you work with a great team

ConsCan get stuck in one position

Server- Fun and exciting environment.

Server (Current Employee) Tukwila, WA

ProsFood sells itself, very easy going environment, must like to work around children, tips are reasonable for the amount of work.

Consas with any restaurant, will get the unwanted clientele, mgmt deals with this by comping large amounts of money off unhappy guest check which people now know and abuse of.

Advice to Senior Managementstand up for employees every once in a while, have dealt with mgmt that will kiss up to unhappy guest rather than to handle a situation sternly and reasonable.

Career Advances Were Possible and Encouraged

NRO Trainer/Mixologist/Server (Former Employee) Willoughby, OH

ProsStarting off as a host, I enjoyed career growth than included being an in-house trainer as well as an NRO (New Restaurant Opening) trainer. The experience has really helped me to grow professionally.

ConsLong hours, both on the road and in the restaurant.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the managers I worked with were great. I would advice management in general to remember a happy team member will worked harder than one you just upset.

Worst employment experience I have ever had. What a toxic environment!

ProsThe discount was nice if you eat the food. Some of the people were nice to work with but most would stab you in the back to get ahead.

ConsPolitics in the company are horrible. HR department disorganized, payroll department is not friendly, the company culture is strong but coming from the outside you are never part of the group.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not as great as you think you are. People should be your number 1 investment. Get rid of toxic corporate employees and look for fresh perspectives.

Red Robin Waiter

Waiter (Current Employee) Encinitas, CA

ProsDiscount on food sometimes, tips are decent and atmosphere is enjoyable. This is a great job for students in high school or going to college.

ConsHigh turnover, somewhat of a disconnect between management and employees. The managers would often times be found in the back of the restaurant, especially when you needed help with something. They should be roaming the floor, being proactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind that connection with your employees. Foster a greater collective sense in the company and the employees will follow. Be proactive

Best restaurant I have worked for.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Rogers, AR

ProsGreat Pay
    Great hours
    Good work environment
    Awesome upper management

ConsUpdate older stores
    Update menu
    Open more stores

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what your doing. The CEO, Stephen Carley, is making great restaurant decisions, and letting me earn more money. Red Robin takes good care of their managers. As a manager for the company, I feel I have the opportunity to grow within the company. Red Robins values and the importance they put on our guests is unprecedented compared the companies I have worked for. They truly back on of their Core Values; Our people first.

Whole Lot of Broken Promises

Management Trainie (Former Employee) South Jordan, UT

ProsThis was a local owned store in Utah "Sizzling Platter" Management Company
    Very Busy Store
    Great group of Line Employees

ConsNO TRAINING PROGRAM IN PLACE
    NO Uniforms given not even a hat.
    No Break Schedule
    Lack tools to do the jobs
    They break down the food lines two hours prior to close to save labor dollors which impacts food quility and safety.
    No place to put personel items. One five hook coat rack does not work when a staff of thirty is on.
    Getting paid on Sunday.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut up the schedule more then the day prior of the next work week.
    Follow up on pay increases that are promised.
    Budget Training I was told it is not in the budget.
    If you promise management growth follow through on it.
    I was given a hand held video device and four hours later given a video exam ( 92% ) and that was my line training.
    Give new employees a tour of the building. I was never even given basic fire safety instructions for the building. I was never shown the walk-in cooler\freezer or food storage. I was scheduled a shift on the dishwasher ( nine hours no breaks ) and not shown how to clean, change water, or operate. Dishwashing was I was told part of my management training.

Worked for Red Robin? Contribute to the Community!