Red Roof Inns

www.redroof.com

Red Roof Inns Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014
Red Roof Inns – US – “Red Roof inn”

Andrew C. Alexander

Front Desk Clerk: frustrating work place

Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) Flint, MI

ProsGetting to know customers the regulars, striking up conversations with them. Knowing your job and the system.

ConsDifferent personalities. The boys club. There were only two girls that worked at the desk when I worked there it was definately a boys club, which included the manager. Alot of not appropriate comments made. Should have been more professional. Also the pay, when people have more seniority they should be making more money. But new people coming in were making more than the ones that had been there a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore friendly to the workers. The front desk clerks are the ones that have seen and know everything that is going on. Start with them when asking a question.

Great 1st Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome team to work with, great people

ConsThey need to pay their employees better.

Love this place!

General Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI'm a AGM. At a property in Chicago, we are a franchise. A love working for the owner. The company it self sucks but the owner makes the best of it. Pay for front sucks. But for management is decent.

ConsNo benefits for franchise property's:/

Advice to Senior ManagementFouad it's awesome! But the over all managment could do a lot better!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Front Desk

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy work environment, great management

Cons3 holidays, completely rancom holidays as well.

Bad Company, Bad Management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsYou get paid, if your lucky and someone doesn't screw up your timecard. Walmart $25 gift card at Christmas, lame cook outs and maybe a cheap clothing with Company logo once a year.

ConsEvery year they do less and less to appreciate their people. You watch the worthless and lazy people get promotions and special treatment. HR lies and manipulates and Mr. Alexander is content to let others do the dirty work while he pretends to have an open door policy. The pay is substandard for the positions unless you are a good ol' boy/girl, then you get 6 figures and turn a deaf ear to everything. It's the sweat shop of the hotel industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive management could care less about advice, they are only in it for themselves. Only those who actually are above them can do anything and that is clean house. Realize that the President, SVPs, VPs, Directors and Managers are running the company into the ground, it's the ones that are actually there day in and day out every hour of the day that actually keep operations going. While the managers do anything but manage, it's their own little playground.

Not Terrible.

Reservations Specialist (Former Employee) Springfield, OH

ProsSet schedule. Not terrible pay for the work you're doing.

ConsBreaks. Schedules available. Ignorance of customers you have to deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your A$$ and actually help when is it need.

Okay

GSR (Former Employee) Hampton, VA

ProsGreat benefits for full timers, vacation pay

ConsNo advancement to move up. I believe eventually every Red Roof would be franchise owned. High turnover rate in management

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is advice to corporate. Stop overlooking your own people, and having them to train new managers coming in. Hire your managment staff from within

Horrible! Red Roof ought to be ashamed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros to working here.

Cons1.Employees are underappreciated and do not make a livable wage whatsoever. Raises are usually denied and the most the employees get in appreciation for their service is a gift card at Christmas.
    2. Owners are bullies. They will find any way to get rid of you and if they don't have a good reason, they will make something up. Employment laws mean nothing to them.
    3. Most of the employees, with the exception of maybe 4 have a very poor work ethic
    4. Management gets no help or support.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop messing with your employees. They are the first people that your guests see.
    Better yet just close down.

Disappointing management practices across the board

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNot many to speak of... The people are nice and friendly and will help out when they can but that is rare. There is no cross training and when key people leave, no one is prepare to fill in the vacancy. The company will allow you to maintain employment even if you are not able to meet the basic requirements of the position you were originally hired for. They will reward your incompetence.

ConsManagement has no true decision making ability. They also like to change their focus and renege on their own stated principles. They claim to want creativity and thinking "outside the box" but when faced with a truly original thought, the overwhelming fear of the unknown surfaces. They are the box.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be true to your own principles, make your brand image as generic as possible, be transparent and say "we are industry followers, with no desire to forge a new path, if we find another brand with a good idea we will be glad to copy and implement it after you have proven it to be successful."

Operations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOther than a paycheck, there are none. Looks great when you walk in the door, after that the physical and hidden ugliness hits you like a pile of garbage.

ConsCompany is all about who you know and who you kiss up to. If Executive or Senior Management like you, you can take half the year off and still keep your job (get paid extra personal time too). Others have been fired for missing an extra day. The harder you work, the worse you are treated, work less (or none) and get extras and promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is a total joke, the investors 5 Mile, Dune and Westmont need to take a look at the Circus and shut it down.

Worked for Red Roof Inns? Contribute to the Community!