Red Skye Wireless Reviews

Updated March 19, 2015
38 reviews filtered by
2.3

1. Great company, decreasing pay.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great owner, upper management, corporate staff. Two weeks paid vacation (regardless of tenure). 401K is decent. Healthcare is probably above average.

Cons

I have taken two pay cuts in the last 3 years due to the commission structure changing. If anything, my store's productivity has increased. This is extremely frustrating.

I know you have 150 stores. Please make sure when you change a compensation plan that your tenured, high producing managers are not negatively effected.

2. small, easy company to move up with

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wichita, KS

I worked at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

small company
    easy to move up
    able to learn different parts of the company

Cons

not enough employees
    not enough benefits
    not enough pay

higher more educated employees
    have better training
    better benefits needed

3. Horrible, hopeless, horrendous, company DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT TRUST ANYONE THERE. You will eventually be screwed.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

You stand around with absolutely nothing to do then when you do get a customer you sell the worst products.

Cons

Cutthroat environment, low compensation, horrible management

Hire people with expertise, and experience

Red Skye Wireless is a great company. I've been with them for almost 3 years. This is a great place and Career.

Current Employee - Store Leader in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Store Leader in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

Company investment with employees. Thorough training program and good incentives.

Cons

None. I love my job.

6. Was Great in the beginning, After 6 months your treated like your replaceable and like garbage.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

Retail experiance, Benifits, none, none

Cons

Horrible pay and commission, Broken promises, Horrible hours, treat you like a slave, upper management doesnt care about employees, only them selves, no work life balance. They dont care what is going on in your personal life, to much for to little pay, lack of training... the list can go on and on.

actualy give a crap about your employees!!!!!

Not just a job but a fantastic career opportunity!

Current Employee - Area Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits, a lot of rewards/recognition, on going training/development towards growth in sales & promotions, sky is the limit on my commission earnings! Extremely strong company that helps you develop a career & guides you along the way to improved performance/skills. Everything I have invested in this company I've received double in return!!

Cons

There's always something new launching or changing but keeps you on your toes & plenty of resources. You won't always get out of work at your scheduled time but I'm willing to stay a little extra to close the sale.

I would recommend sending each store a laptop for the backroom that can only be used for training courses - our new hires have a lot to catch up on when they start with online courses, having a backroom laptop/computer would allow them to focus & would open the computers on the floor for sales.

Mid West Regional Recruiter

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

RSW is a great company to work for! Forward thinking, progressive and supportive!
    I have been a recruiter for many years and for a variety of organizations and I know without a doubt I have landed, found my home. I have never worked for a company that is so invested in its employees, customer service and positive growth.

With our rapid growth we have clearly gone through some growing pains which is to be expected BUT I can assure you it was worth every moment. Our recruiting and on-boarding process has been simplified for everyone.

Cons

With all the exciting growth and career opportunities with RSW, the team atmosphere and commitment to success I have no complaints or suggestions.

Red Skye Wireless

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

None come to mind. Saw some reviews that said Overtime was welcomed. Not in this area.

Cons

Compensation. Tedious, ineffective biweekly coaching, extraneous training, webinars, conference calls. High pressure like a true commission based sales environment but not paid as such.

This company bought out another in the region and changed compensation structure over night, making false promises, and inevitably stunted the growth of a performing region by allowing its staffing to crumble and jump ship behind the pay cuts. Increase the compensation if you wish to retain a higher level of salesperson.

If I could give a 0 I would.

Former Employee - Manager In Training
    Former Employee - Manager In Training

I worked at Red Skye Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I wish I could give one. I would say the people, but they back stab you and at friendly to you until they get a promotion.

Cons

Everything! I worked in the Alachua, FL store, but I have talked to people who have worked at many other location all of the USA. The commission payout scale changes from week to week it seems. There is such a high demand to do everything and ask each customer 20 different question, even when they just want to pay a bill. The leadership does not offer tool to help you do your job better. The upper level management shows favoritism in all that they do. If you are not part of the in crowd you get labeled as not being a team player. Don't have a bad day at all or you will be labeled as having a "bad attitude" and be threatened to have responsibilities taken away from you. The management on all levels say they want to help but will stab you in the back the second you walk away.

Completely get new management. You have to be a boss to everyone before you are friends. Don't show favoritism.

11. The people are awesome. Company not so much

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

Customers are really cool to work with.

Cons

Pay rate and effort put into job