Red Skye Wireless

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Needs a few changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI love everyone that I work with. Everyone is very supportive and helps one another out.

ConsThey change commission structures atleast once a year and it goes down hill each year. They make it impossible to hit certain goals and even if you work your butt off and just miss it by a hair you dont even get a percent of what you earned for the company. They just keep it.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider paying commission out on levels of acheivement. We dont work our butts off and go through coachings to receive nothing.

Look for a different employer. ..

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsIs it bad that I'm finding it difficult to answer this question?

ConsThis list could be endless. They not only rip their customers off but they rob their employees as well. Turnover rate is ridiculous because most people see what a joke this company is within the first couple of months. Expect to be miserable and poor and give every weekend to these clowns.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so concerned about lining your pockets by scamming the customers and employees and show them some dignity and respect and pay a competitive wage for crying out loud.

Not as bad as other retail jobs

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsI can get 40 hours a week easily. They recently changed it so that the base pay is $9 + commission instead of minimum wage + commission. These things make it better than 90% of other awful retail jobs like Kroger and WalMart

ConsConstant commission changes (for the worst). High pressure from Area/Regional managers for things you can barely control. Red Skye upper management institutes constant changes in the way you get paid with the direct goal of screwing you over and paying you less, this is a reality you learn to accept when you work there. The internet service for the computers we use to do our job in the store is like molasses, expect less then .5 up/down (at least in my area). There are no "culture and values" to speak of.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like real people instead of mindless replaceable drones

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst - Somewhere in Ga

Retail (Current Employee) Quiet Place in the Woods, GA

ProsCo workers are great, they really make the best of a crappy situation. Love those guys

Cons-Unattainable goals
    -Commission is about $80/ avg per month unless you're an extremely high volume store
    -No one above store manager ever has any answers. Upper management complete joke
    -Extremely higher prices than competition. Makes it difficult to complete when phones are $150 higher vs any competitor store
    -Just an overall poor company with terrible ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue

Think your doing good at your job? Think again

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe people I work with are AMAZING. They have truly become some of my best friends. but not much else

ConsI am currently a full time employee and have been for well over a year. Management is crap. and associates that become management are completely changed by the upper managment, which eventually makes them miserable to work with. The commission structure is a joke. Makeing good money in the company is impossible unless you come from a 200+ volume store. My store is only 110+. Trying to get a weekend off is a joke. I went 9 months without a weekend off at one point in time. This is the worst company i have ever worked for. also never, and i mean never, trust you Area Mangers all they do is LIE.

Advice to Senior Managementstop all the lies and stop treating the sales associates who do truly try at their jobs like they are disposable.

I don't think a job has ever made me so miserable...

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsLove my co-workers, we are able to laugh at work and have a great time. We all work well around each other and are able to help each other with what little sales we get. We all care about each other and work well together. The AT&T RAEs are amazing and always helpful.

ConsJesus, where to start?! The commission payout was changed recently and it is an absolute joke. If you're not selling 25 cell phones a month you get less than 2% off of your gross profit. Enjoy your $73 a month commission for all the work you did! Not to mention that you have to sell over priced accessories to people that are already paying insane costs for service. Don't forget to upsell the overpriced insurance policy and make sure you sign them up for every single thing you can so we can drain them for it later! If I am not on payroll when the commission checks come out, they refuse to pay you for it, so say goodbye to your final commission check!

The higher ups could care less about the actual store and only care about their numbers. Our store didn't see an area manager for over a month one time when he is supposed to make weekly visits. Some promotions required that we call our area manager to approve the transaction but he would rarely answer his phone. The actual company is terrible to their struggling sales associates. It's nearly impossible to get any time off if you haven't been there for a year, nearly impossible to get a raise, nearly impossible to do anything within this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix your commission structure for low volume stores, reprimand your area managers for not actually checking in with stores, and actually care about your sales associates.

Fun enviroment

Store Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsLots of perks, and contests

ConsDifficult to succeed, unless your at the right store

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

It's like being in an abusive relationship!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsIt's a job and you get a paycheck. The hourly pay is actually decent.

ConsThe commission structure is a joke. You can work your butt off and maybe make a couple hundred bucks, but don't be surprised if they do take what you make back for chargebacks. The 2nd cell trade in program is good at that, although they go online and sell the phones on eBay for a nice profit anyway after taking your hard earned money. Also, you had better be on top of your game all the time because if not, you won't be with the company very long unless you kiss the right behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart with treating your employees like human beings. That would be good.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Stay away!

Manager In Training (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

Pros

ConsWhere to start, pay and commission change at least twice a year.
    Management doesn't have the skills to lead
    The company is so caught up in buying out smaller retailers that charges customers an extra $20 on new activations and and extra $40 on upgrades.
    Don't expect to advance without kissing some a**.
    There is plenty of turn over so don't expect to remember every bodies name.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart recognizing those who help the company and reprimanding those who inhibit the flow of others.
    Match pricing to AT&T COR stores so you don't loss sales.

Manipulative, Self Centered Company

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsThe people I work directly with daily are amazing. They are friendly and good people. I even consider them friends.

ConsEverything else. The company is more than happy to have you pay money out of pocket for what they want but they take forever to reimburse you for Anything! The "management" belittles you infront of other coworkers and doesnt give you a change to say anything. Just tell you of your flaws and everything you're doing wrong. No positive reenforcement above the MIT level. They set ungodly high goals for you to meet monthly.They care nothing about the little guy struggling paycheck to paycheck to even attempt to make it to work everyday. Instead they are focused on their goals and their profit. Frankly its one of the worst companies Ive ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement about the MIT level: Listen to your employees and fight for their rights as people. Fight for them. There is no reason a low level sales associate should have to go above you and your boss to get something done. It should be taken care of right here and now.

Area Managers: Stop being besties with your store managers and focus on your job. Focus on helping the struggling employee instead of just worrying when your boss cracks the whip on you.

Worked for Red Skye Wireless? Contribute to the Community!