www.redskyewireless.com

Red Skye Wireless Reviews

Updated February 21, 2015
Updated February 21, 2015
2.3

small, easy company to move up with

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wichita, KS

I worked at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

small company
    easy to move up
    able to learn different parts of the company

Cons

not enough employees
    not enough benefits
    not enough pay

higher more educated employees
    have better training
    better benefits needed

Red Skye Wireless is a great company. I've been with them for almost 3 years. This is a great place and Career.

Current Employee - Store Leader in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Store Leader in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

Company investment with employees. Thorough training program and good incentives.

Cons

None. I love my job.

Not just a job but a fantastic career opportunity!

Current Employee - Area Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits, a lot of rewards/recognition, on going training/development towards growth in sales & promotions, sky is the limit on my commission earnings! Extremely strong company that helps you develop a career & guides you along the way to improved performance/skills. Everything I have invested in this company I've received double in return!!

Cons

There's always something new launching or changing but keeps you on your toes & plenty of resources. You won't always get out of work at your scheduled time but I'm willing to stay a little extra to close the sale.

I would recommend sending each store a laptop for the backroom that can only be used for training courses - our new hires have a lot to catch up on when they start with online courses, having a backroom laptop/computer would allow them to focus & would open the computers on the floor for sales.

Mid West Regional Recruiter

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

RSW is a great company to work for! Forward thinking, progressive and supportive!
    I have been a recruiter for many years and for a variety of organizations and I know without a doubt I have landed, found my home. I have never worked for a company that is so invested in its employees, customer service and positive growth.

With our rapid growth we have clearly gone through some growing pains which is to be expected BUT I can assure you it was worth every moment. Our recruiting and on-boarding process has been simplified for everyone.

Cons

With all the exciting growth and career opportunities with RSW, the team atmosphere and commitment to success I have no complaints or suggestions.

Was Great in the beginning, After 6 months your treated like your replaceable and like garbage.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

Retail experiance, Benifits, none, none

Cons

Horrible pay and commission, Broken promises, Horrible hours, treat you like a slave, upper management doesnt care about employees, only them selves, no work life balance. They dont care what is going on in your personal life, to much for to little pay, lack of training... the list can go on and on.

actualy give a crap about your employees!!!!!

If I could give a 0 I would.

Former Employee - Manager In Training
    Former Employee - Manager In Training

I worked at Red Skye Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I wish I could give one. I would say the people, but they back stab you and at friendly to you until they get a promotion.

Cons

Everything! I worked in the Alachua, FL store, but I have talked to people who have worked at many other location all of the USA. The commission payout scale changes from week to week it seems. There is such a high demand to do everything and ask each customer 20 different question, even when they just want to pay a bill. The leadership does not offer tool to help you do your job better. The upper level management shows favoritism in all that they do. If you are not part of the in crowd you get labeled as not being a team player. Don't have a bad day at all or you will be labeled as having a "bad attitude" and be threatened to have responsibilities taken away from you. The management on all levels say they want to help but will stab you in the back the second you walk away.

Completely get new management. You have to be a boss to everyone before you are friends. Don't show favoritism.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

None come to mind. Saw some reviews that said Overtime was welcomed. Not in this area.

Cons

Compensation. Tedious, ineffective biweekly coaching, extraneous training, webinars, conference calls. High pressure like a true commission based sales environment but not paid as such.

This company bought out another in the region and changed compensation structure over night, making false promises, and inevitably stunted the growth of a performing region by allowing its staffing to crumble and jump ship behind the pay cuts. Increase the compensation if you wish to retain a higher level of salesperson.

The people are awesome. Company not so much

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless

Pros

Customers are really cool to work with.

Cons

Pay rate and effort put into job

Growing company with a lot of opportunity!

I have been working at Red Skye Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with! The employee discount is great! The wireless industry is constantly changing and evolving which keeps you on your toes! Pay has both a base and commission component!

Cons

Just like any other retail job I have held the shifts can vary from week to week. The pay structure is fairly complicated.

Simplify the pay structure.

The Worst Company to work for! IN HAMPTON ROADS AREA & ALL OVER

Former Employee - Sales Representative, MIT in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative, MIT in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Red Skye Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only pros in this shady company is that they will hire almost anyone who has a decent record. Also the discount on your service thats it!!! NOT WORTH IT.

Cons

HR doesn't exist!. VERY VERY CHEAP unorganized company. Would not recommend this to anyone. The pay structure is terrible and always changing with higher goals and expectations with the same pay! MIT position's are jokes because that is basically an Assistant Manager position with sales rep pay! DO NOT fall VICTIM to this company. They will promise you everything in the world and NEVER give it to you. The dollar raise you are promised does not come until all 123 trainings are done (impossible). NO HOLIDAY PAY, NO OVERTIME, NO WEEKEND(S) Good money can not be made in this company. Do not try to let them fool you "PRINT THIS OUT" They will scam you out your paychecks and hours per week if you go over 40. If you leave the company for any reason they will garnish your wages. I personally was an outstanding rep and met goals every month and made terrible money. Words of wisdom DO NOT work for AUTHORIZED DEALERS!!! They will brainwash you to think they are better than CORPORATE! LIES. I hope this was beneficial to anyone reading it! Watch them do not sign any paperwork that can harm you or you pay. Take picture's so they wont fraud you on signing off on documents. Don't waste your time here. I was an amazing rep and left on great terms.

Questions to ask your hiring manager when getting employed:

What is the benefit for working for an Authorized Dealer??
    When and how do I qualify for my Dollar Raise? Answer is 3 months but ask how.... (Note that down)
    Benefit of a MIT?? "Growth" <---- Joke they are desperate for workers
    Does MIT's get payed the same as sales rep?
    If i leave the company for any reason will I get my last commission check and hourly ??
    What do you have to offer me other than a job??? Good Jobs offer you something as well.

Promises they give:
    We are growing! (LIES)
    Room for new management (LIES)
    Trying to be like CORPORATE but yet nag on them??? ( DOESN'T Make Sense)
    Commission is great (LIES)
    Money can be made (LIES) Money can be made anywhere

Stop Brainwashing Employees. Stop getting Brainwashed by upper management.