Red Spot Interactive

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Jason Tuschman

1. Great opportunity to work for a company that offers a state-of-the-art product.

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Red Spot Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for anyone who is able to manage their time effectively, work under little supervision and able to sell a complex solution. I have nothing but positive things to say about my time with Red Spot Interactive. I had the ability to work for a company while treating it as if it were my own. Great compensation and amazing support, even though I worked remotely. Never once heard "I already have that" or "XYZ Company does the same thing" from clients.

Cons

You won't succeed here (or any other remote sales position) if you aren't capable of being self-disciplined and setting your own goals in addition to the company's goals.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving. Wish it would've started a couple months sooner.

The positive reviews are fake ones by Management to hide ALL the negative ones

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Red Spot Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no such thing here. They will tell you that you should make "AT LEAST $75K year 1", but you will quickly learn that it is impossible since the unrealistic goals determine if you get your residual commission, which are rarely paid out! You are lucky to get a deal per month, yet to make residual you need to have 2!

Cons

They make you lie to prospects and tell them arbitrary cost, so if you are a potential client and strangely would do business with this company you up front fee can be had for $3K even if they tell you it is $10. The sales rep is just trying to get his earned residuals!

Advice to Management

Fire YOURSELVES, you are an embarrassment to other business people!

Great Company with Career Growth Opportunities

Former Employee - SEO Manager in Jupiter, FL
    Former Employee - SEO Manager in Jupiter, FL

I worked at Red Spot Interactive

Pros

Over the 6 years I was employed at RSI I was given many opportunities to advance my career. The company believes in it's employees and provides advancements and a wealth of education and experience you can't find anywhere else.

I worked alongside some of the brightest and best in the industry who inspired me everyday. There is a great team dynamic within the company that encourages everyone to pitch in, rally together and provide the best product and service level.

I truly enjoyed my time at Red Spot Interactive.

Cons

RSI is a fast paced environment with a demanding workload. This is not for the weak at heart or for someone who just wants to coast and collect a paycheck. As a rapidly growing organization, employees must to possess a strong work ethic, positive mindset and determination.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the lines of communication. Keep employees updated on company growth and future goals.

Great Product and Great Management Support

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Red Spot Interactive full-time

Pros

Everyone is subject to their own opinion, but one thing to keep in mind reading these reviews, is that the majority of people leaving scathing reviews are doing so out of spite bc they were let go for not doing their job. I've worked for 3 sales organizations, but here is my honest opinion/review on this company:

This is a great company to work for. They have created a product on the cutting edge of consumer engagement. It will change the way SMBs spend marketing and advertising $$$. One of the clients I brought on literally said to us "This is absolutely genius! why aren't other companies offering this!?" I did not have daily interaction with Jason, the CEO, but the interactions I did have were enjoyable. He was always very passionate about the company and the vision and asked how I was doing.

My daily interaction was with the Sales Director, Ryan. I've worked for a lot of managers in the past. Ryan was the most enjoyable and helpful person to work with. Ryan literally flies all over the country to help his sales manager close deals when they need help. He is happy to do it. He was open to new ideas. If someone was having success doing 1 thing, he would ask them about it so he could figure out a way to replicate it for the rest of the sales team. I found it very funny that someone questioned his sales skills, bc ryan played a roll in the majority of deals sales managers brought in. without the help he provided, those managers would have made a lot less $$$.

If I wasn't seeing the results I wanted with my calls, Ryan would listen in on them to figure out a way TO HELP me. NOT to "micro manage". At the end of the day, ALL sales jobs are similar in the sense that you're either 1, doing your job and you get left alone, 2, not doing your job and working with your boss to fix it or 3, not doing your job and need to move onto a new company. All the help and support Ryan provided me with was to help me to get from #2 to #1. He was helping me learn more about the product, learn more about sales in general or improve some of my weaknesses. I've NEVER worked with a manager who has helped me grow as a salesman and a person.

Working with Ryan was the best part of this job.

Cons

Just as I was honest with my pros, i'll be honest with the cons. This is a very complex product to sell. It's a long sales cycle. I had a hard time with the process of calling into doctors offices, I thought my conversion numbers were very inconsistent.

Lastly, this is a young company/start-up/however you want to describe it. The brand equity is not there yet, people don't know the name when you call in, so as a sales person you don't have that to fall back on.

Advice to Management

1. Market yourself more. Take more steps to get your name out in the market. Have a Business Development(not sales) division that focuses on marketing the company and services, setting up webinars with potential clients and presenting at conferences.
    2. Hire better sales people. I worked in sales, so this is the only division i can really speak on. I was surprised by some of the hires they made. I was surprised with how much some sales people would complain about having to do the basic essentials of a sales job(i.e. pick up the phone and call someone to sell to!). It seemed like they shouldn't be in a sales role, and they struggled for a period of time and then they were gone. EVERY sales organization has turnover, Ryan does EVERYTHING in his power to make someone successful but at the end of the day, I feel like they had some unnecessary turnover bc of who they hired.

Launching pad for continued success throughout my career...

Former Employee - Account Executive in Jupiter, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Jupiter, FL

I worked at Red Spot Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Red Spot Interactive is a great place to work from a professional development perspective. I started with this company in 2008 and worked with them until 2011, when I was offered another opportunity that I couldn't pass up. I learned invaluable skills while working here and attribute my success today to the foundation that I built at Red Spot. The technology that you'll have access to is fantastic and the skills you'll develop in this fast-paced environment will serve you throughout your career. I was also able to earn a raise each year with this company due to my performance. I always appreciate an organization that rewards on results and this is certainly one of them.

Cons

One of the challenges that I experienced here was the rate of growth because we were a true start-up. This was my first experience in a start-up and I had greater expectations on the rate of growth, which in hindsight were unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and don't deviate from your overall mission.

7. In my opinion

Current Employee - Senior Director of Human Resources in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Human Resources in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Red Spot Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

“In response to the negative comments regarding Red Spot Interactive (also known as Renaissance Interactive Media Group for researching our rating on BBB), Red Spot is still very much in its formative stage. Our product went out to market in 2011 and has been very successful in assisting plastic surgeons, dermatologists, lasik surgeons, HVAC firms and other high-end small businesses increase revenue Three years of selling a product is a very short time. We have an impressive client base and our sales team has done a great job over the years in securing long-term clients. Our product is analytic driven and most everything we do here (including recruiting!) is “numbers” driven. Our statistics have shown that conducting up to 75 calls per day as a salesperson results in 5 to 10 appointments per week. Experienced sales staff would agree with this. Experienced sales staff would also agree that if a salesperson is not achieving the desired calls resulting in fewer than 5 appointments per week and 0 sales for several months, survival in that role is at risk. Red Spot puts a lot of time and effort into training, on-site visits with our reps, follow-up calls, etc. and expects dedication on the part of every employee. We strive to see all employees succeed and provide the most up-to-date tools and training necessary to achieve that. As a growing company, we will continue to evolve and modify our processes to enable all our employees to reach their personal and professional goals.

Cons

As for Glassdoor, a website dedicated to recruiting recently posted, “Glassdoor reviews typically constitute a 1.6 percent sample size and they are not randomly selected but come from a disproportionate number of “grumpy” employees. This suggests the Glassdoor data may be severely skewed and not totally trustworthy.” As with all things in life, it’s best to take what you liked and leave the rest!”

8. Supportive Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Red Spot Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are given the ability to be promoted within. The company's work culture favors currently employees for promotions. This company is rapidly growing! There are fair benefits, and training available.

Cons

Not much to say here, I enjoy my work environment. Sure the hours are long, and the work load can get hectic, but that's in all professions.

Enter with caution

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Red Spot Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good idea and concept

Cons

Poor leadership, micro work environment, and no scale able sales process.

Advice to Management

Hire good people, set clear goals, and give them the ability to act without micromanaging.

If your looking for a job wait 15 more minutes. A better one will come along

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Red Spot Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got nothing from this job!

Cons

Everything else. Its an inside sales job wearing an outside sales jobs suit!

1. Management is so inexperienced its ludicrous. So they micromanage every aspect of the job. They listen to your
    phone calls!

2. You are given a yearly quota that No ONE in the company has ever hit. EVER!

3. The product is overly expensive

4. The benefits are HORRIBLE the absolute worst!

5. The pay is worse then my first sales job out of college. Commissions are 3% of the sale. They tell you your going to get a residual but they keep it unless you get a sale every month. No one gets residual! The bonus is great but to my knowledge no one in the history of the company has gotten one full quarterly bonus.

6. The prospecting is unrealistic and old school. Get on the phone! Get on the phone. You have to make calls like a stock broker with out the stock broker pay.

7. The product is extremely over priced

8. They hire sales people that have made 100k at their previous jobs and tell you your going to make 100K but your lucky to make 70K. The manger will say things like "making 100k is hard" "no one is going to hand you 100K". What kind of sales manger says that! not a good one!

9. Their is no leadership what so ever.

10. They are NOT a start up they have been around for over 6 years and have turned over their sales force every 4 months. They most tenured rep was let get on his one year anniversary. No Sales Rep or RSM has worked there a year.

11. The company has no definition. One minute they are a Marketing company then they are a tech company then a practice management company.

12.. Last but not least this job is ZERO percent fun! regional

Advice to Management

Advice to the CEO! Stop turning over your sales force like flap jacks and figure out that the manager is the one that needs to go. If you had a strong leader not a bean counter people would follow him into battle!

ONCE A GOOD DREAM TURNED INTO A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!

Former Employee - Web Developer in Jupiter, FL
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Jupiter, FL

I worked at Red Spot Interactive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My fellow co-workers were great to work with! Its been over a year since we left RedSpot and we still keep in touch, and work together as we did during our time here. My direct manager was more than what I could ask for in a manager, truly hard to come by these days.

Cons

EVERYTHING!!! The only reason I came to work was to enjoy the working environment of fellow colleagues. Beware of these crummy reviews claiming to offer 4 or 5 star ratings they must have kissed Jason Tuschman's(CEO) butt and would rather not loose their "job" for not seeing eye to eye with him. The environment was extremely stressful for my colleagues which was pretty obvious considering it was written ALL OVER THEIR FACE. Account managers drop like flies. Your stripped of any creative thinking, or expertise and are suppose to have a "GET IT DONE" attitude at all times no matter what. WHY??? Oh because it helps keeps the investors off of Jason's butt. Horrible company, horrible environment I will never look back or want anyone who wants more than just a job to endure a mindless thinking environment. Look at the work of RedSpot that isn't an insult towards the employee's who I know had great talent. But its a blow at management who encourages unrealistic expectations that employee's have to SACRIFICE QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!!! But hey like I said mindless thinking and no creativity. Looking at the websites they ALL LOOK THE SAME what do you think clients would say just to know a competitor site may look very similar except for colors and a logo. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS UNIQUE ABOUT THIS COMPANY accept for the great people you meet along the way who aren't brainwashed by Jason to do as he says or your fired!

Advice to Management

Advice to these guys.. yea right! If they didn't listen when I was there why would they listen now.

RSS Feed </> Embed