Red Tettemer

www.redtettemer.com

Red Tettemer Reviews

3.7

Steve Red

Red Tettemer O'Connell + Partners is a company filled with some of the smartest, most creative people in the ad world.

Former Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Red Tettemer as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The company culture at RTOP is very open and collaborative. From the brainstorming phase to creative to development, RTOP is a collective of creative and experienced minds. You always feel like a part of a team due to the collaborative nature of the projects and office space. Everyone at RTOP gets along incredibly well and it makes the occasional late nights much easier to work through.

Cons

RTOP, like much of the ad industry, is incredibly fast paced, which can be hard for some people to keep up with. Also, the company is expanding with more clients and a few more employees, but there is still a lot of responsibility placed on various employees. Account managers, creatives, and developers are all responsible for numerous clients and projects that can overlap a lot.

Great experience, but don't treat interns very well

Former Employee - Account Management Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Red Tettemer as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience for building a resume.
    Fun people to work with.
    Cool work environment and building.
    Interesting clients.

Cons

Unpaid internships really don't instill any trust or faith in your employees.
    Long hours that don't translate to increases in pay or benefits.
    No structure to the internship program and ZERO training.
    No ability to cultivate talent and help people learn and grow.
    Treated poorly and left, to find a company that respected me and wanted me to be there.

Pay your interns and cultivate talent from the bottom up. I left because I wasn't treated like a co-worker but rather someone who was not respected and did all the menial boring tasks. If you want quality AM's then start training them early and instill trust and respect early on. You end up getting what you give to interns, which was a stipend that barely covered the train and a swift kick out the door once they were done being used.

Pretty awesome place to work.

Current Employee - Account Management Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Account Management Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Red Tettemer as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Love the agency environment. Very whimsical looking office, relaxed dresses code, and cool employees. Always have lots of cool projects to work on for clients. Great resume building opportunity for 1-2 year college students.

Cons

Wish it was paid, all we get are transit checks.

Pay your interns.

Unforgettable.

I worked at Red Tettemer as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Philly isn't known as an advertising hub, but that doesn't stop RTO+P. This company has big clients, top talent, and an amazing company culture. This place turns out beyond awesome work.

Cons

Assignments can be demanding with little guidance from management. Some of the attitudes can pretentious. The intern program was very instructed, but is improving. Also, no pay for interns - they have the biggest clients in Philadelphia and can afford to cough up minimum wage.

Set up a formal internship program with a formal hiring process and set guidelines for expectations.

Account Management Intern

I worked at Red Tettemer as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Red Tettemer was such an amazing place to work. This will probably be the coolest place I will ever work, and to say I could be a part of their team is a really awesome feeling. I learned a lot about the advertising and marketing world. Just to be part of the company and listen in on meetings will teach you the ins and outs of an advertising agency.

Cons

As an intern, I didn't get as much work or responsibility as I was hoping. I often found myself with nothing to do all day.

Develop a more structured intern program. Red Tettemer is a great place to learn and get experience. Involving the interns more will really help strengthen that.

Great agency experience

I worked at Red Tettemer as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Small agency that does some huge work for huge clients, meaning you get exposed to a lot of what is going on in every department. Cute animals roaming around. Awesome office. Nice people. Free bus pass.

Cons

As an intern, there was a lot of downtime.

I don't really think I am in a place where I can criticize much. I got everything I wanted out of my time there, for the most part.

Anything is possible, if you work for it.

I have been working at Red Tettemer

Pros

Culture is key. Great environment filled with talented, cool people. Company policy says "Ideas don't care where they come from" and they stand by it; everyone's encouraged to be creative. Opportunity to brief on everything that comes in, if you speak up. Focus is on the work rather than process or "billables." Big push/challenge to invent new ways or channels to connect with audiences. Cross platform/integrated approach to just about every brief. They push the work, hard.

Cons

You'll work your ass off. Long hours. Lots of all nighters. Not a lot of process. Not many layers to get the work done.

Better track work for pitches to better manage late nights. Do some account management training w/ outside consultants to help with detailed production schedules/account planning and client management training. Send everyone emails that tell staff about things that teams built/created/launched every couple weeks.

Overall Great.

I have been working at Red Tettemer

Pros

Great location
    Great Office
    Great People
    Good Energy
    Good Reputation
    Does Good Work

Cons

Shitty Pay
    Not a lot to do at times
    A lot of sitting around
    Not enough responsibility

The hiring/firing game needs to be played a little bit more fair. When you understaff, you make everyone suffer.

Great Energy, Long long hours

Former Employee - Interactive in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Interactive in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Red Tettemer

Pros

Design talent is off the charts, office location and space is the best you'll find in Philadelphia, leadership is passionate, creative is king

Cons

plan on giving up your personal life. creative is king, often at the expense of sound business decisions. the place seems to run by the seat of its pants

Nothing that will be heard.

No substance

I worked at Red Tettemer

Pros

Good reputation in the agency world due to lots of self-promotion. Exclusivity factor. Relaxed environment in terms of dress code, social atmosphere, etc. They do lots of networking within the creative field via parties, etc.

Cons

They only keep most people until they are eligible for benefits (either 2 months for medical, etc. or 6 months for 401(k). The ones they keep are part of a "circle of trust" (literally; it's written on a manager's wall, with a list of names) of people who socialize together. The management has torn itself apart due to personal affairs, etc. Too much shameless self promotion, and not enough substance to back it up. Most people don't have much to do around there but to socialize.

Stop concentrating on self-promotion and work on building your business. Give the employees something to work towards (other than trying to fit in to the clique.) Reduce your staffing plan to accommodate a better workload for those that want a sense of accomplishment during the day. (Agency people don't tend to like just sitting around.)