Red Ventures Reviews

Reset
3.4
Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • flat culture and supportive staff, great basketball court (in 18 reviews)

• great work environment OFF of the phone (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• High pressure is an understatement (in 8 reviews)

Amazing Place to Work, Technology Needs More Love

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a blast there. I learned a ton and had a lot of creative freedom. The people and environment were great. You are able to build technology however you want as long as you provide a good argument. They mostly use open source technology. They gave me an awesome raise once they knew how capable I was. You can learn a ton about digital marketing and direct sales. They are cutting edge for a sales call center. They sell better than any company they've ever competed against. The build a lot of cool proprietary technology internally, especially on the marketing side. Time there is flexible. Engineers especially have a lot of freedom since they are so valuable and needed. You can work on lots of interesting side projects. You drive your career. Very easily, the best place to work in Charlotte.

Cons

Start out with low pay (but can increase quickly if you are a high performer). Software engineers are not as important to them as sales agents and analysts so you are often third in line for things. Engineers could use more professional development programs and structure around career in general. More time to build quality solution would be nice.

Advice to Management

Engineers are your future. Your company cannot compete without constant investment and focus on your technology. If you truly want to scale, put more effort and time towards your technology. You need incredible and inspiring technology leadership. You need senior leaders that can build technology. This will also help you build great technology strategy. You need this strategy to win.

2. Sales

Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures (More than 3 years)

Pros

good compensation, flexible schedule, good culture

Cons

Leadership program is not too good, in order to become a leader you have to take a huge paycut

Empowering, Explosive and Energizing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Endless opportunities to learn, grow, feel challenged. Amazing coworkers, employees, friends and mentors.

Cons

RV is not for everyone, but is definitely for me. Need to thrive in an entrepreneurial and often ambiguous environment, surrounded by a collaborative competition - not competing vs each other but WITH each other vs our own previous performance. Never settle!

Advice to Management

Continue to build relationships, invest in talent and push us to become better inside and outside of work.

Good company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great company. Constantly runs contests for prices and gift card in addition to commission and base pay. Can break comp plan

Cons

Very strict attendance break and lunch schedules. On phones all day. Very demanding job. At desk all day. Limited sick and vacation days.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would say to management is focus and support new managers more. Can come across as rude instead of helpful.

Challenging and fast-paced

Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures (More than a year)

Pros

As a smaller company there are tons of opportunities here. If you're interested in an area, like learning more about being a data architect or becoming a PHP developer, this company is talent-hungry and will support your exploration of new skill sets.

Cons

Sometimes people try to juggle too many balls at once: some employees confuse being busy with being successful, and as a result it's difficult to work with them.

Advice to Management

We want to move fast here but make sure there is space for someone to do a deep dive into a potentially valuable area of knowledge.

Not bad but not great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures (More than a year)

Pros

Great starter company, relaxed culture

Cons

lack of communication and every agent is nervous about their future, Change is not bad unless its at the employees expense

Advice to Management

Its not hard to communicate and keep your word. Agents may not need to know everything however when they invest their lives for your company they deserve the truth.

Sales Rep

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, exciting work environment where you didnt have to worry about being quiet and serious. It was alot of fun and they would have games for the agents to play when ever we made a sale

Cons

Point system for attendance, Point system for QA, before i left they had raised how many sales we needed that month knowing that our call volume was going to be low for the month and that put a lot of stress on us agents...

Advice to Management

Instead of giving us a different manager every couple months, i think it would have been helpful to have one manager because it was difficult to keep up with what we were suppose to be working on when each manager was telling us something different

Great Company sucky hours

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Good training Good pay Great prizes

Cons

Long hours It's sell Only 10 base pay.

great money if you like sales jobs

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Great Commission and a lot of bonuses and money that you can win.

Cons

You are constantly hounded and micromanaged. Gets annoying. But it is a sales job so if you are into that then it may not bother you.

Advice to Management

Sales are not made by pressuring customers, I which I feel we are taught to do. And I think we should be self managed on the sales floor. The PMs micromanaging us all day can make us anxious because we are constantly reminded that we make their paychecks as well.

Inside sales agent

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

Pros

The pros are unlimited coffee, casual dress code, and, nice people and sometimes decent music in the background, plus an hourly pay rate.

Cons

Be prepared to be a slave. You will be in the building at least 9 hours a day and most of the time your hour lunch will get cut in half due to `forecasted heavy call volume.` Overtime may be forced upon you too. Be prepared to ask to go to the bathroom, and pray you don't have any family emergencies, child care issues, or get sick. If you end up having to use your pas for true emergencies and then get sick yourself, either come to work with the flu or get back in the.unemployment line. The business is very money driven and be prepared to be under pressure to meet your numbers...uncontrollable calls like hang ups, wrong numbers, etc will hurt your pockets and land you on the path to getting on a performance improvement plan, which is a nice way of saying to better or they will show you the door. Your manager will always say he has coachings for you, but can't pull you for them because workforce won't allow it. So either learn how to sell by trial and error or start putting your resume out elsewhere!

Advice to Management

allow a healthy work/life balance. Don't punish employees for things they can't control like existing customers, dropped sales because the payment system went down, etc. It seems the company has grown to fast because those of us here are worked to the fullest and yet it's a constant revolving door because people don't stay too long. Put less focus on the ammenities like a basketball court to draw new faces in and more on actually giving employees continuous training so that they can improve, and maybe even stay with the company

Red Ventures Response

Aug 4, 2015 – Human Capital Team

Thank you for the feedback. We have an Open Door Policy and hope you'll share your concerns with your manger or HR rep - at any time. In response to family emergencies, our sales agents have several ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed