Red Ventures

Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias

Ric Elias

46 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

So far, so good

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

ProsCasual work environment, lots of contests, good bonus', great commission potential. Everyone who works there is really great. Lots of good food :)

ConsSCARED DAILY THAT ONE CALL WILL GET ME FIRED. You are extremely replaceable and could easily get fired. There are a lot of graphs and numbers to meet on those graphs. You could easily become obsessed with your numbers on a call-by-call basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo more PIP!

High growth company and great culture

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

ProsMy experience so far has been great. This company is very different when it comes to the way they approach their business partnerships with large brands and it's exciting to see how we are a pioneer in the online marketing and sales space. The company is growing quickly which opens up lots of growth opportunities for employees and the ability to move around to different teams and try new things.

The environment is very unique especially for the Charlotte area. We wear jeans, play ping pong, basketball, have crazy contests, company trips, etc, which really does make working here fun even when there are stressful days. I really think the company hires great people and that also makes it enjoyable to come to work everyday.

ConsThe performance expectations at Red Ventures are high, so this company isn't for everyone. However, I like working with people who are motivated and carry their weight on team projects.

Competitive and run environment, hard work and high expectations, low pay

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

ProsThe best part about the corporate side of Red Ventures is the atmosphere. RV is filled with young and outgoing people who work hard and play hard.

ConsRed Ventures does not offer competitive pay for the type of talent they bring on. Many of RV's employees could be paid much better in another job, but choose RV because of the atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more clear about the performance requirements for promotions and raises.

Fantastic Work Environment with Growing Company

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat quality of work. Flexible hours

ConsLow salary for industry standard

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise your pay

If they are as great as they say why can they not keep employees?

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

ProsCafeteria and cafeteria workers are the best! There is a gym. The initial training is good and well documented.

ConsNothing is as it seems. They just want to get you and get you out. They change the sales figure to meet what they need. It is unbelievable how they manipulate the numbers but they'll say "no we can't". Why then is there such a turnover with a company that purports to be so fantastic. If it was great people would stay and not want to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are told again and again the same thing and you turn a blind eye.

overall positive with long working hours

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Prosflat culture and supportive staff, great basketball court

Conslong hours, unreasonable high expectation

Good for someone out of college

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Prosfun place to work, excitement every day, lots of "work perks"

Consunstable, no real room for growth, unstable managment

Advice to Senior Managementactually care about your employees and build a real company, not a turn and burn chop shop

Too many changes...for the bad

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat coworkers (while they last), casual dress code, decent benefits

ConsRV is only concerned about their bottom line now and habitually changes the structure of the pay plans for the salespersons in a way that the "uncapped" commissions are definitely capped. They also tend to fire top performers that make too much money for "QA" violations. Overall, it's a very stressful way to try to eek out a living. I am a survivor there and have made it almost three years now...not sure how much longer I can stand it though.

Advice to Senior ManagementRic, go back to the old days when you came to visit the salespeople, knew your top performers by name and cared about our well-being as well. Here lately it's all coming across as lip service. :( Greed seems to be sneaking in and it's no longer a pleasant place to work by any stretch of the imagination. At all.

Only if you have No Other Options

Sales Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is plenty of flexibility if you work in sales support. Everyone is issued a laptop, making it convenient to work at home when necessary. No one really hassles you if you have to leave early. PTO is not tracked.

ConsPay is subpar and you will work like crazy only to get a mediocre review and no raise. They try to be clever to the point of overkill. RV'ers are not as unique and innovative as they'd like to think. They like to throw around a lot of corpspeak and theories in business reviews. There is a fratboy sorority girl culture there that centers around alcohol and quite frankly it's tired.

The company trips are a nice perk, however pay a decent salary and folk can travel on their own dime to wherever they want to go. I won't go into the foolishness that exists on the telesales side. RV is not a professionally run organization, nor is the culture as appealing as they sell it to be. Over time people see it for what it is and leave.

Upper management is sorely lacking in diversity. Over 40? Don't bother applying.

There is a reason the company has dropped in Charlotte's Best Place to Work rankings from 1st to 6th over the past 3 years. Mark my words, next year they won't even place in the top 10.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. College is over.

It was a great learning experience

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people you work with are very nice

ConsThe compensation was not getting better as the company grew

Worked for Red Ventures? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Red Ventures reviews and ratings in Charlotte, NC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias. All 46 reviews posted anonymously by Red Ventures employees.