Red Ventures

Red Ventures Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias

Ric Elias

Pros
  • Casual work environment, lots of contests, good bonus', great commission potential(in 15 reviews)

• The people, building- gym, basketball court/track and bistro, scheduling flexibility(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is the one difficult piece(in 9 reviews)

• High pressure sales environment is not customer friendly(in 7 reviews)

First time introduction to Jack Welch style management

Software Developer (Former Employee) Fort Mill, SC

ProsFull of competent people.
    Senior Management is very open to sharing business strategy with employees at all level to keep everyone moving in the right direction.
    The software development team is pretty close.

ConsIt seems the goal of the organization to have as high of a turnover rate as possible.
    The work/life balance is the worst I've seen anywhere; developers are working long hours, many of them on the weekend, and feeling extremely insecure about getting enough work done to keep their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might find that high turnover doesn't necessarily produce the best results, especially with software.

Not worth it

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFood in the cafe is good, free yoga, basketball court, company trip

ConsAbsolutely no work/life balance.

Managers are all young and have little to no training, so they're horrible. RV seems to either not care about this, or senior management is blind to it.

The culture is very, very clique and sorority/fraternity type. Recruiting will say it's all about uniqueness, but in reality if you don't fit a very specific mold, you're out. If you don't drink the Koolaid, you're out. There's a HUGE amount of dating within the company - it's almost encouraged.

A huge con of the "flat" organization - there is no middle management. You're either straight out of college, or have 10+ years and an MBA. No middle ground, so most people make their way out at year 2 (if they last that long).

RV has some very unsavory business practices for the industry, but corporate employees seem to really get off on "tricking" people.

Recruiting model is volume based, even for corporate. They hire a bunch of college kids, throw them in the deep end (very little job-related on-boarding) and see who sticks. If your manager doesn't like you, you're done, no matter how good your work is.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart training your managers and recognizing good work!

Fought to keep job, job didn't fight to keep me

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

Prosfun relaxed environment and co workers nice

Consmanagement and commission always changing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good (for a limited time)

Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Mill, SC

ProsSubsidized meals in cafe
    Great early career development opportunity
    "Unlimited vacation"
    Annual Caribbean company trip
    Fast paced company

ConsWork Life Balance (Required Weekend Work)
    Culture is Diminishing
    Managers receive little training so poor managers are abundant
    Company has been "letting go" of many employees

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are losing your company culture with your growth. It is impacting moral for both sales and corporate employees.

Can Be Great

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Fort Mill, SC

ProsAtmosphere, bonuses, training, learn to SELL

ConsManagers, coaching is non-existent, terrible hours for new hires, penalized for things well outside of your control

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your employees feel like they matter. Don't spend so much time of appearances. Really help people to be successful and not feel like they will be fired any day.

Good Money

ProsMade some great money and for the most part had a good time at work

ConsCrazy schu. and can be stressful

Great Place To Work If you love Sales

Master Sales Agent (Current Employee) Fort Mill, SC

ProsThe best thing about Red Ventures are the opportunities. You can make good money if you work hard, but you need to have the drive to be successful or you will not make it long. There is a very high standard that is set for performance, but that standard helps not only the company, but your pocket as well!

ConsDoing the same thing over and over can be mentally draining, but do your best and you will reap the benefits in your compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing! Super supportive upper management.

Great Place to Work

ProsAmazing culture, fun work environment, great training programs and personal development opportunities.

Constalent is under appreciated and under compensated

Advice to Senior Managementif you want to keep the talented people you employ compensate them fairly.

Awesome! Love the people, making good money, very chill place to work

ProsMoney is great but could be better for the best agents

ConsHours can be tough, I have a 2 to 11 because I go to school before work

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat best agents with better compensation

I think I'll stick around

ProsThe people, building- gym, basketball court/track and bistro, scheduling flexibility

ConsCompensation needs to be more competitive

Worked for Red Ventures? Contribute to the Community!