Red Ventures

Updated October 29, 2014
3.1

Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • Food in the cafe is good, free yoga, basketball court, company trip (in 17 reviews)

• Casual work environment, lots of contests, good bonus', great commission potential (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Its hard to get to bed at 2am most nights and still have a work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Bathroom breaks are counted against your 30 minute break time per shift (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing atmosphere with the potential to grow!

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Center activities
    Commission payouts
    Great atmosphere to work in
    Has it's own cafe

Cons

Micro managed
    Difficult to max out comp plan

Align the managers comp plan to the agents

I actually like going to work here!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Personally, I don't understand a lot of the negative reviews. Someone said going over break/lunch by a SECOND gives you attendance points and that's a flat-out lie. You have a three minute buffer on each. If you can't manage that (with or without the buffer) you need to grow up and realize it's a job and you need to be there. The problem isn't the company; it's you. Then people say they hide the fact that it's phone sales. They don't. When you have your in-person interview, you actually sit in on phone calls of other sales agents. That's not really "hiding" anything. I love the people I work with, I love the amenities (bowling alley, free yoga, subsidized meals, etc). There are great benefits (medical, vision, dental, 401k, even assistance with adoption costs if you're looking for that!). The campus is beautiful. Most of the managers I've dealt with (performance managers, workforce managers, et cetera) are helpful, nice, understanding, and good at keeping constant coaching to develop you and boost morale. They're constantly giving away money and great prizes (cruises, football tickets, tablets). They give you a base pay AND an uncapped commission structure where it's very, very easy to make money (and I work on easily one of the most difficult businesses to sell on). There are also plenty of opportunities to move up and advance. They create a great culture, a comfortable atmosphere, and actually care what the employees think.

Cons

It's not for everybody. It's a very high-paced intense job that can burn you out if you aren't cut out for it. They don't tolerate people who make a lot of excuses very well. The hours can be rough (but if you do your job, not for long).

Don't let the more successful/veteran sales agents go uncoached because they know what they're doing. Everyone can use constructive criticism, even the #1 sales agent. And keep doing what you're doing!

great atmosphere

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love coming into work. everyone is awesome and makes the day fun with lots of incentives. we play games, have spirit week and there are lots of contests you can win money every day. the management is approachable and wants to help you make sales.

Cons

business is open till 12 and on weekends. hours can be different.

great leadership and management skills

on the fence

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

Good to get your feet wet and sponge all the sales experience up. Get ready to go the extra mile every single minute in management because its expected to or you're falling short of whats expected. You'll need to commit 100% to success by working addtl' hours at work and from home or you'll fall far behind the talent curve.

Cons

Very little but demanding on management that are in it to get off the phones and walk the floor. If you're in it for a break off the phones, STOP and focus on your sales goals! Lots of chiefs very little Indians @ times.

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Nothing. They don't listen. They don't tell the truth. They don't cooperate with you at all. It's their way or no way.

Cons

Pretty much everything. It's a lot of hush hush problems. Everyone sees them, but no one talks about them. When I was disrespected, I addressed a lot of problems.

Stop faking and actually make your actions match your words and vice versa. You say you are open door and you're happy to listen and help, then why when I wrote an email to the CEO, why was I immediately fired the next day?

An Amazing Ride

Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Red Ventures for 4+ years. I started in sales, have lived in three different cities and taken on new and exciting positions. The people who work here truly are amazing. The benefits are great, but that's not what it's about for me. I love that I'm around hilarious people who routinely challenge themselves to do more. Many of those that I started with have followed a similar track, working their way into associate, sales management, and marketing roles. I believe this to my core, am proof of it, and have seen it happen time and time again; this place provides awesome opportunities for people from all walks of life.

Cons

We're growing fast. The faster you grow, the harder it is to communicate and keep culture the same. The other side of that coin is that personal accountability from an employee side could be better. We need to continue finding new and innovative ways to communicate what we're doing, and reward those who are constantly challenging ourselves.

Even if you communicate well doesn't mean that everyone underneath you does. Make sure you're communicating often, consistently, and with accountability. The more people know, the more pride they have in the work they're doing.

Great Place to work

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

I'm not going to lie. Yes it is phone sales. But it's a company unlike any other. Rather than hiring you and throwing you on the phones and hoping for the best, they give you all the training and offer all the support you need to succeed. They personally invest time in each and every employee to make sure you are doing your best. The atmosphere is amazing and there are tons of cool incentives to motivate you.

Cons

The hours can be a little intense at the beginning but as long as you work hard, it doesn't stay that way.

Oct 21, 2014Corporate Media Strategist

Thanks for sharing! We appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll continue to help keep this kind of positive attitude and big-picture perspective up on the floor. Whether that means taking a ... More

Do the best they can to hide the fact it's phone sales.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great money, uncapped commission. awesome work environment, benefits, perks. One of the coolest places to work in Charlotte. Play hard work hard mentality pays off most of the time.Company seems to want to spend money on employees via trips and incentives.

Cons

Business always comes first, even over customer, kind of just feel like a number. On the phones for 8+ hours a day. Does not care too much about customer experience. Definitely a young mans place to work also. Loud music Nerf guns, games etc. Hours can be rough. (off at 2am)

Lay off on the mandatory overtime. Usually just ends up hurting numbers.

Slept with the enemy...

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job. If you're wiling to sell completely out and lose your sense of morals it can be consistent.

You have chances to win things daily.

The cafe and the workers ther are top notch.

Cons

This place will suck you dry. I started out as an agent which where most people start. Management knows how to sell you the dream. I started out with the absolute worst PM who never offered any real assistance and if you could finally flag her down to help you her attitude made it seem like it was painstaking. We moved businesses to what had to be the worst biz ever and lo and behold they sold us another dream on how easy this sale was....lies. they ended up putting all of us on action plans so we had 2 weeks to get it straight or lose your job. I was able to survive and eventually settle in to one of the top sales agents. I was promoted to team lead and that's where the fun began. Lying to agents knowing their fate was sealed as you sent them to a coaching only so you could pack their stuff as they were being fired. Being judged daily on your team not hitting goals that someone in marketing drummed up as attainable. Being judged for how you dress, act and look which was very rude and really just disturbed me. Being yelled at or being berated for not doing more more more work. Watching agents morale decline and not being able to just tell them the truth. Those were the things that hurt the most. Treating people who needed this job like numbers. It's the worst and if I were you considering a job there know full well that this job is not stable, they prey on the meek and if you can't cut it they will do theor due diligence to get you out of the door...no remorse.

Be honest. All the bells and whistles can't hide this frat sorority house hierarchy you have here. You have management who possess little to no skills to motivate people and they ultimately are responsible for the high turnover because they truly don't care about the agents. The word is already out about you guys and you can build 10 20 300 new buildings people will eventually avoid red ventures like the plague as they should until you investigate the real problems in the sales building.

Oct 6, 2014Corporate Media Strategist

Hello, sending a response here because this is one of the more concerning reviews we’ve seen. We truly believe our employees – and particularly our sales agents – are the most important asset RV has ... More

Don't fall for it!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

All meals are $4. So I would say the best thing is the food. They have bowling and gym but your chances to utilize them are slim to none. The money can get great IF you're lucky.

Cons

The money can be great IF you're lucky. Most of the customers are un sellable. The same way you are trying to sell the product they are trying to sell you off of hopes and dreams. I haven't met many people that have been there a year so the turn over rate is really high. The managers yell at you and listen to every call. You can do really good one day and bad another. Its hard to catch up if you have a bad day. They can also choose to send you unsellable customers if they choose. This place is boot camp. I may get 2 low risk customers all day and the rest are medium or unsellable. It's a Conspiracy. I was looking for a stable career but it looks like my days are numbered just like the past agents! They want fresh new agents every so often, so if your looking long term keep looking. Their idea of team is switching out agents to get the job done. Fortunately it works for them but unfortunately for you, you are just a number.

Oct 6, 2014Corporate Media Strategist

Hi there, thanks so much for sharing your perspective. The problems you’ve outlined are not in line with our company values or our business model. Unsellable calls aren’t just bad for you, they are ... More