Red Ventures Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
3.1

Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • Casual work environment, lots of contests, good bonus', great commission potential (in 16 reviews)

• The people, building- gym, basketball court/track and bistro, scheduling flexibility (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Its hard to get to bed at 2am most nights and still have a work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• High pressure sales environment is not customer friendly (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to work

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

I'm not going to lie. Yes it is phone sales. But it's a company unlike any other. Rather than hiring you and throwing you on the phones and hoping for the best, they give you all the training and offer all the support you need to succeed. They personally invest time in each and every employee to make sure you are doing your best. The atmosphere is amazing and there are tons of cool incentives to motivate you.

Cons

The hours can be a little intense at the beginning but as long as you work hard, it doesn't stay that way.

Do the best they can to hide the fact it's phone sales.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great money, uncapped commission. awesome work environment, benefits, perks. One of the coolest places to work in Charlotte. Play hard work hard mentality pays off most of the time.Company seems to want to spend money on employees via trips and incentives.

Cons

Business always comes first, even over customer, kind of just feel like a number. On the phones for 8+ hours a day. Does not care too much about customer experience. Definitely a young mans place to work also. Loud music Nerf guns, games etc. Hours can be rough. (off at 2am)

Lay off on the mandatory overtime. Usually just ends up hurting numbers.

Strategic Business Analyst

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Challenging work. Great corporate culture. Ownership of your work and results. Tremendous benefits. Opportunity to manager your own career. Brilliant co-workers -- all my managers so far have McKinsey / HBS pedigrees. Risk-taking / entrepreneurial environment. Willing to invest in emerging technologies. Great place to learn cutting edge digital marketing analytics -- world-class in paid search, natural search, display, and in-house technology integration. Work side-by-side with highly capable engineers. Really fun / adventurous coworkers. Invest in world-class facilities to retain talent (bowling alley, indoor basketball court, etc.). Merit-based upward mobility. Opportunity to gain equity. Still private company so can maintain long-term focus and investment discipline.

Cons

Slightly below market pay for entry-level analysts. Can be long hours if you're on the sales operations side.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't fall for it!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

All meals are $4. So I would say the best thing is the food. They have bowling and gym but your chances to utilize them are slim to none. The money can get great IF you're lucky.

Cons

The money can be great IF you're lucky. Most of the customers are un sellable. The same way you are trying to sell the product they are trying to sell you off of hopes and dreams. I haven't met many people that have been there a year so the turn over rate is really high. The managers yell at you and listen to every call. You can do really good one day and bad another. Its hard to catch up if you have a bad day. They can also choose to send you unsellable customers if they choose. This place is boot camp. I may get 2 low risk customers all day and the rest are medium or unsellable. It's a Conspiracy. I was looking for a stable career but it looks like my days are numbered just like the past agents! They want fresh new agents every so often, so if your looking long term keep looking. Their idea of team is switching out agents to get the job done. Fortunately it works for them but unfortunately for you, you are just a number.

Slept with the enemy...

Current Employee - Performance Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a job. If you're wiling to sell completely out and lose your sense of morals it can be consistent.

You have chances to win things daily.

The cafe and the workers ther are top notch.

Cons

This place will suck you dry. I started out as an agent which where most people start. Management knows how to sell you the dream. I started out with the absolute worst PM who never offered any real assistance and if you could finally flag her down to help you her attitude made it seem like it was painstaking. We moved businesses to what had to be the worst biz ever and lo and behold they sold us another dream on how easy this sale was....lies. they ended up putting all of us on action plans so we had 2 weeks to get it straight or lose your job. I was able to survive and eventually settle in to one of the top sales agents. I was promoted to team lead and that's where the fun began. Lying to agents knowing their fate was sealed as you sent them to a coaching only so you could pack their stuff as they were being fired. Being judged daily on your team not hitting goals that someone in marketing drummed up as attainable. Being judged for how you dress, act and look which was very rude and really just disturbed me. Being yelled at or being berated for not doing more more more work. Watching agents morale decline and not being able to just tell them the truth. Those were the things that hurt the most. Treating people who needed this job like numbers. It's the worst and if I were you considering a job there know full well that this job is not stable, they prey on the meek and if you can't cut it they will do theor due diligence to get you out of the door...no remorse.

Be honest. All the bells and whistles can't hide this frat sorority house hierarchy you have here. You have management who possess little to no skills to motivate people and they ultimately are responsible for the high turnover because they truly don't care about the agents. The word is already out about you guys and you can build 10 20 300 new buildings people will eventually avoid red ventures like the plague as they should until you investigate the real problems in the sales building.

Use the amenities to distract from the cons of the job.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Earning potential, benefits, casual and fun environment, lot of opportunity for advancement. You can change departments every 90 days. Coaching is constant and there's always someone to answer your questions.

Cons

They hide the fact that it's phone sales. They don't like to tell you that yes, while there's a bowling alley and cafeterias and gyms, there is also a bunch of political BS. The optimizations of the calls you get are all based on how much they like you. It's almost as if the calls are filtered and the people they like get the buyers and good credit customers while the ones that seem weak get the unsellable calls and bad credit. Don't get me started on how easy it is to get fired. No wonder the turnover rate is so high.

Be upfront about the bull. Let people know that the "uncapped" commission really is capped. Tell them that compliance is hard. Warn them that it's a call center.

It gave me a place to work when I needed employment

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are gainfully employed. Coworkers a dedicated individuals

Cons

You alwas feel like a prisoner in this job. You work, work, work and then you work.

None

Great Company

Current Employee - Master Sales Agent  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Master Sales Agent in Miami, FL

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly People, great pay and love the extra bonuses. As far as call centers go Red Ventures has the best pay structure and they have great contests where you can win IPADS, HD TV's and PS4's etc. You can make a lot of money if you can handle rejection. This is sales so if you can't deal with a little stress or sometimes rude customers then this is probably not the job for you. I had sales experience but never call center experience. They have great trainers who give you everything you need to be successful. Such a good company that I am moving up to Fort Mill, SC from Miami next month. I have been here for 3 years and have never been happier.

Cons

None really except maybe the schedule when you first start out. I go lucky and got a 2-11 shift my first 90 days which I loved.

Maybe a little better job of screening during the interview process recently but other than that keep doing what you are doing. It is a great place to work and a fun environment.

I love my job.

Current Employee - Designer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Designer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've found a home at Red Ventures. They provide me with the perfect atmosphere to build my skill set and really put me in the drivers seat of my own career. I love coming to work every day.

Cons

I honestly have no cons to list here. Seriously, I truly think this is the perfect company for me, if there were cons I wouldn't feel that way.

Avoid at all costs!!!!!! Would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Although this was by far the worst job I have ever had, I did meet some great people from it.

Cons

The worst micro-managing from any company I have ever been a part of. They are always changing the comp plan and changing the goals that you need to meet so you make less and less money each month. This job is NOT worth all the stress it comes with. They fire people all the time so just know your days are numbered. This job feels like you are back in high school…you even have to ask to go to the bathroom and only have so many minutes in the day to use for bathroom or break time. The point system there is ridiculous (even if you are literally a second late, you get points) and is what gets most people fired.

Worked for Red Ventures? Contribute to the Community!