Red Ventures Reviews

Reset
3.5
Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • flat culture and supportive staff, great basketball court (in 18 reviews)

• great work environment OFF of the phone (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• High pressure is an understatement (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Web Designer: Better than an agency. Way better than inhouse.

Current Employee - Web Designer in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Web Designer in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Work the hours you want to work, just get your work done. - Take a break and play basketball, go bowling, shoot some pool, or play corn hole on the roof. - Continued education is encouraged - There is opportunity to grow within the company. - The tech you expect and most up to date software. Whatever you need, just request it. - You get to work with some of the best in your field and smartest people around. - Team outings every few months, especially on a big win. Company wide happy hours every month. - Amazing campus with all the amenities. - Great benefits. Plus opportunities to get stock in the company. Affordable healthcare plans. - Subsidized meals, and two on site cafes. Plus a food truck. - Free trip to the Caribbean each year. What else can beat that?

Cons

- Very fast paced, if you can't keep up, then it's not the place for you. - Pretty intense interview process. But hey, if you want to work with the best, you have to show you're the best and prove it. - You have to move desks every few months. But I kinda like moving. - I really don't have many, I love my "job".

Advice to Management

I love my manager and senior leadership. If I had to give any advice, get to know those who you don't normally interact with on a day to day basis. Sometimes it's nice to just walk by and say - Hi "name", how's it going? And acknowledge one another besides saying just hi.

Red Ventures Response

Aug 4, 2015 – Human Capital Team

Thank you for the detailed review and for giving Glassdoor visitors a snapshot of what it's like to be a web designer at Red Ventures. Maintaining a strong culture is incredibly important to us, and ... More

2. Well kept secret

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, engaging workplace. Smart people, interesting problems to solve. Ability to really make a difference and build your career.

Cons

Can be overwhelming at first until you learn how to navigate.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to feedback from the employees and making tweaks as needed. Make sure to tell your story more, it is a really good one that folks need to hear.

Amazing Place to Work, Technology Needs More Love

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a blast there. I learned a ton and had a lot of creative freedom. The people and environment were great. You are able to build technology however you want as long as you provide a good argument. They mostly use open source technology. They gave me an awesome raise once they knew how capable I was. You can learn a ton about digital marketing and direct sales. They are cutting edge for a sales call center. They sell better than any company they've ever competed against. The build a lot of cool proprietary technology internally, especially on the marketing side. Time there is flexible. Engineers especially have a lot of freedom since they are so valuable and needed. You can work on lots of interesting side projects. You drive your career. Very easily, the best place to work in Charlotte.

Cons

Start out with low pay (but can increase quickly if you are a high performer). Software engineers are not as important to them as sales agents and analysts so you are often third in line for things. Engineers could use more professional development programs and structure around career in general. More time to build quality solution would be nice.

Advice to Management

Engineers are your future. Your company cannot compete without constant investment and focus on your technology. If you truly want to scale, put more effort and time towards your technology. You need incredible and inspiring technology leadership. You need senior leaders that can build technology. This will also help you build great technology strategy. You need this strategy to win.

5. A little of everything

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

If you can sell, its worth the money! RV provides for amazing amenities. Also one of the few employers that understand that everyone has outside lives, so they work with your schedule!

Cons

Its a call center. If you don't like taking back to back to back calls, don't let the pretty buildings trick you. Interview process and "on boarding" don't really show what the job is about. It is easy to get burnt out! High turnover rate.

6. Sales

Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures (More than 3 years)

Pros

good compensation, flexible schedule, good culture

Cons

Leadership program is not too good, in order to become a leader you have to take a huge paycut

7. Performance Manager

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Fun place to work for Possibility* of making a lot of money Great leadership training and skills you won't learn anywhere else

Cons

EVERYTHING IS A SALE from the job responsibilities to the people you interact with Real opportunities are given to people senior management like or know previously. It's hard to do much unless you're in the right business or 'needed'

Advice to Management

Restructure the leadership program. It's very easy for someone to no longer have a life outside work and get burnt out

Empowering, Explosive and Energizing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Endless opportunities to learn, grow, feel challenged. Amazing coworkers, employees, friends and mentors.

Cons

RV is not for everyone, but is definitely for me. Need to thrive in an entrepreneurial and often ambiguous environment, surrounded by a collaborative competition - not competing vs each other but WITH each other vs our own previous performance. Never settle!

Advice to Management

Continue to build relationships, invest in talent and push us to become better inside and outside of work.

One of the best places to work ever!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was on the inside sales side and a really wonderful place to work!! The environment is A-type personalities, aggressive money motivated individuals and open door policy. Training is paid and one on ones with Performance Managers on a weekly basis or everyday. You can wear casual clothes to work, no suits or professional attire. Win gift cards on a daily basis, flexible work schedule, food is provided a couple times a week. 2 cafes, a gym and a full court basketball gym.

Cons

You start out working second or third shift when on the sales team. To change your schedule is on performance, seniority, business needs and manager approval.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training that teaches you about the position, ongoing support and training from management, amenities everywhere, friendly tenured agents to help out the new guys. You get in pay the type of effort you put into your job.

Cons

Long hours, your schedule sucks at first until you've been there a while and then you get the better schedule.

Advice to Management

I got nothing so far.

11. High pressure job but can also be fun

Former Employee - Master Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Master Sales Agent

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are good at selling on the phone, then it's easy to earn extra gift cards, rewards etc.

Cons

Long days being confined to your chair taking calls and it is difficult when they are busy to get permission for a bathroom break. Expected to sell on every call and if you don't sometimes you get reprimanded. Career opportunities are political and only for are in with corporate management.

RSS Feed </> Embed