Red Ventures Reviews

232 reviews filtered by
3.3
Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • Food in the cafe is good, free yoga, basketball court, company trip (in 18 reviews)

• Great benefits: casual dress, flat structure and fast-paced work environment (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Its hard to get to bed at 2am most nights and still have a work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• It's high pressure at times it's a fight to the finish with certain calls u got to be prepared and have tough skin (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

An Amazing Ride

Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Red Ventures for 4+ years. I started in sales, have lived in three different cities and taken on new and exciting positions. The people who work here truly are amazing. The benefits are great, but that's not what it's about for me. I love that I'm around hilarious people who routinely challenge themselves to do more. Many of those that I started with have followed a similar track, working their way into associate, sales management, and marketing roles. I believe this to my core, am proof of it, and have seen it happen time and time again; this place provides awesome opportunities for people from all walks of life.

Cons

We're growing fast. The faster you grow, the harder it is to communicate and keep culture the same. The other side of that coin is that personal accountability from an employee side could be better. We need to continue finding new and innovative ways to communicate what we're doing, and reward those who are constantly challenging ourselves.

Even if you communicate well doesn't mean that everyone underneath you does. Make sure you're communicating often, consistently, and with accountability. The more people know, the more pride they have in the work they're doing.

2. Great experience for a first job

Current Employee - Red Ventures Analyst in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Red Ventures Analyst in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great experience here if you are up for a challenging, fast-paced working environment. You will have to work hard, but can expect to be rewarded both financially and in terms of opportunity. You learn a great skill set that is extremely applicable anywhere and most RV alums run circles around their coworkers. Great, fun culture as well.

Cons

Hard work, have to be strong both analytically and creatively.

Be thoughtful about hiring in externals versus promoting from within and the perception it creates.

3. Great Organization

Current Employee - Corporate in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Corporate in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture are Red Ventures is phenomenal. They hire highly motivated, energetic, positive go-getters that are able to self manage and like to have fun! You cannot ask for a better working environment.
    Comprehensive benefits package
    Opportunity to earn profit units
    Compensation is directly related to performance and not tenure
    Subsidized meals
    Onsite clinic
    Open, feedback rich environment
    Nothing is ever off the table at Red Ventures - they are progressive and love testing new ideas
    Annual international co. trip
    Additional incentives outside of salary - electronics, trips, Visa Gift Cards

Cons

The only con is that it is a flat organization - not a lot of upward mobility on the Corporate side, BUT they will compensate you as you progress and perform so I am ok with the lack of a career path.

Keep it up! Red Ventures is the future of marketing, technology and sales and we have to continue to protect our culture :)

5. awesome job

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

bowling alley, food court, relaxed environment, progressive

Cons

none none none none none

6. Good starting point

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Commission, after the initial learning curve one can make a decent monthly commission. Really dependent on how hard you work, is how much you make. Decent base bay but if that's what you want this job is not for you.

Cons

Cubicle fever, this is your typical call center work environment. You will sent in a cube your entire shift with the exception to use the bathroom and eat. As teams start doing better, they make the commission harder to achieve. For instance when you get better and should be making more you really make the same because they change the metrics.

Try to keep the commission the same, changing it every month to hinder top performers is not the best strategy even though it makes the company more money.

7. Great Opportunity

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The facilities are state of the art
    They will train you like no other
    Great culture

Cons

Micro managed
    Late hours when you first start
    Commission plan changes on a monthly basis

The company is excellent, the culture is great but the sales side needs to improve. If agents were treated like adults it will show in performance

8. Great atmosphere, lots of perks...but you got to perform.

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Casual work environment,campus, and if you perform you get rewarded.

Cons

Schedule was a big issue at first. Your performance is based on some issues you have zero control over

9. n/a

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

great place to start your career

Cons

n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

Great environment, little career advancement

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at RV for many years. The facilities are state of the art and full of great amenities like a full court basketball court, fitness gym, bowling alley, on-site clinic, and several eateries.

Cons

1. The instability in the pay structure. You only earn $10.00/he base pay + uncapped commissions. The problem is that the commission structure constantly changes. You may make $1000 or $5000 a month...you never know.
    2. To advance your career into a manage role, you will take a severe pay cut. It's backwards of any place I've ever seen. You are talking about dropping your overall salary from $60,000 to less than $40,000.
    3. The sales perform managers, as a result of point #2, are young, barely out of college managers who can afford to take the pay cut. That results in little to no coaching and improvement of sales skills.

Pay the sales performance management levels a fair salary. This will open up seasoned veterans with proven sales and leadership skills to make the move. This will help build the sales teams performance and build a higher degree of success for the company.

Not the company for adults with a family to support!

Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay for your insurance licensing, stay a 6 months to a year and LEAVE! better money and career advancement other places.

Cons

High turnover, way too much micro management and not enough training. The sales floor is run like a daycare! Constant mandatory over time when call volume doesn't merit it. Extremely HIGH turnover. Something is definitely wrong when sales people want to get off the phones to go another position in the company.