Red Ventures

Updated November 25, 2014
3.3

Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • Food in the cafe is good, free yoga, basketball court, company trip (in 18 reviews)

• Great benefits: casual dress, flat structure and fast-paced work environment (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Its hard to get to bed at 2am most nights and still have a work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• It's high pressure at times it's a fight to the finish with certain calls u got to be prepared and have tough skin (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, fun atmosphere, annual company trip to Caribbean.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities in some positions.

None

Awesome Company

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Great Perks, Awesome Culture, Amazing facility

Cons

You will not always get ongoing training and development. Besides innovation there is no development program in place.

The company is awesome in all regards

Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Indian Land, SC
    Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Indian Land, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Career advancement opportunities are great.

Cons

The Pay scale is low compared to other companies.

I have No advice at this time

Great company 5 stars

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to works great benefits

Cons

No cons about the job love what i do

Wonderful place to work.

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

Excellent training. Many opportunities for advancement. Constant growth. The company culture is forward thinking and we have a ton of fun everyday.

Cons

Need to develop a compensation plan for the performance manager. Right now, it is a HUGE pay cut to leave the phones for a PM position. RV also needs to be FAR more accommodating for those with families. As it is now, it is near impossible to succeed on a leadership track if you have young children.

Great top leadership - bad managers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The CEO and other top leadership really know what they're doing.
    The headquarters are pretty nice with some good food and stuff to do.
    If you know the right people, there are some good opportunities.
    There are some really great people to work with.

Cons

Sales agents have the opportunity to make a lot more than salaried employees. Salaried employees are paid quite a bit lower than the industry average. The company sells employees on the benefits so they won't feel bad about not getting paid as much.
    Management is very poorly trained. Watch out for back stabbing and a career you have to navigate on your own. Some managers do care, but it's few and far between.

Be more honest and don't whitewash the grave.

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I unfortunately have nothing nice to say about this company. One of the worst places I have ever worked for.

Cons

The employee turnaround is out of control. People get fired on a daily basis, not for not doing their job, but for quality control reasons. Definitely not a company you want to grow with, especially in their childish environment.

on the fence

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

Good to get your feet wet and sponge all the sales experience up. Get ready to go the extra mile every single minute in management because its expected to or you're falling short of whats expected. You'll need to commit 100% to success by working addtl' hours at work and from home or you'll fall far behind the talent curve.

Cons

Very little but demanding on management that are in it to get off the phones and walk the floor. If you're in it for a break off the phones, STOP and focus on your sales goals! Lots of chiefs very little Indians @ times.

Amazing atmosphere with the potential to grow!

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Center activities
    Commission payouts
    Great atmosphere to work in
    Has it's own cafe

Cons

Micro managed
    Difficult to max out comp plan

Align the managers comp plan to the agents

I actually like going to work here!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Personally, I don't understand a lot of the negative reviews. Someone said going over break/lunch by a SECOND gives you attendance points and that's a flat-out lie. You have a three minute buffer on each. If you can't manage that (with or without the buffer) you need to grow up and realize it's a job and you need to be there. The problem isn't the company; it's you. Then people say they hide the fact that it's phone sales. They don't. When you have your in-person interview, you actually sit in on phone calls of other sales agents. That's not really "hiding" anything. I love the people I work with, I love the amenities (bowling alley, free yoga, subsidized meals, etc). There are great benefits (medical, vision, dental, 401k, even assistance with adoption costs if you're looking for that!). The campus is beautiful. Most of the managers I've dealt with (performance managers, workforce managers, et cetera) are helpful, nice, understanding, and good at keeping constant coaching to develop you and boost morale. They're constantly giving away money and great prizes (cruises, football tickets, tablets). They give you a base pay AND an uncapped commission structure where it's very, very easy to make money (and I work on easily one of the most difficult businesses to sell on). There are also plenty of opportunities to move up and advance. They create a great culture, a comfortable atmosphere, and actually care what the employees think.

Cons

It's not for everybody. It's a very high-paced intense job that can burn you out if you aren't cut out for it. They don't tolerate people who make a lot of excuses very well. The hours can be rough (but if you do your job, not for long).

Don't let the more successful/veteran sales agents go uncoached because they know what they're doing. Everyone can use constructive criticism, even the #1 sales agent. And keep doing what you're doing!