Red Ventures

Updated November 19, 2014
3.3

Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • Food in the cafe is good, free yoga, basketball court, company trip (in 17 reviews)

• Casual work environment, lots of contests, good bonus', great commission potential (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Its hard to get to bed at 2am most nights and still have a work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Bathroom breaks are counted against your 30 minute break time per shift (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, fun atmosphere, annual company trip to Caribbean.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities in some positions.

None

Awesome Company

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Great Perks, Awesome Culture, Amazing facility

Cons

You will not always get ongoing training and development. Besides innovation there is no development program in place.

The company is awesome in all regards

Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Indian Land, SC
    Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Indian Land, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Career advancement opportunities are great.

Cons

The Pay scale is low compared to other companies.

I have No advice at this time

Great company 5 stars

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to works great benefits

Cons

No cons about the job love what i do

Wonderful place to work.

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

Excellent training. Many opportunities for advancement. Constant growth. The company culture is forward thinking and we have a ton of fun everyday.

Cons

Need to develop a compensation plan for the performance manager. Right now, it is a HUGE pay cut to leave the phones for a PM position. RV also needs to be FAR more accommodating for those with families. As it is now, it is near impossible to succeed on a leadership track if you have young children.

Great atmosphere and lively environment to work in!!!!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Love love love working at Red Ventures! !! The best job I've had in my life. Call center environment but on a totally different level and the commission is uncapped!!! My first commision check after only a month of being on the phones was over $1,600!!! I love my team and the performance managers are great too they help you through the tough sales cause it can be stressful at times but the rewards are great!! Contests going on all the time with your teams everyday (visa rewards cards, flatscreen tvs, cash money, trips, extended break, extended lunches, overtime, pto, paid lunches from your managers, etc.) Music is on to keep u energized. The bowling alley, full basketball court, food court, another cafe restaurant, gym, yoga, zumba, fire pit outside, patios, couches, lounge areas, parking deck, comfortable areas to work in Ahhhhh it's the best Red Ventures is where it's at plus there's tons of businesses to work on ADT, AT&T, Verizon, Hughes Net, Century Link, Frontier, Sprint, Just Energy, MetLife, Lifelock, and the most profitable business DirectStar also known as DirectTV!!! Security is always on deck, there's great and easy ways to communicate by Pandion an instant messenger that u have on your computers.

Cons

The volume of calls can be alot at times like back to back to back you have to be on it!! Whatever happens on one call when u finish that call whatever happened just LET IT GO and it's back on the phones on to the next! Time to make money!! These potential customers are not in control YOU ARE! Don't let them have control of the conversation they called for a reason. This is a SALES AND MARKETING career so it is a performance based job remember that numbers are everything so if u aren't delivering then u can be replaced easy! It's high pressure at times it's a fight to the finish with certain calls u got to be prepared and have tough skin! This job ain't for no wussies lol if u want that money u will go hard or go home!! Be confident and make that sale!! Credit gets u paid so remember every call into credit matters regardless if u sell that call or not. Closing on a sale can make or break you LOW RISK SALES ARE BIG MONEY MAKERS SELL THEM LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!! If u don't have pain u don't get paid....customers obviously are calling to get better service for less money so find out why they are unhappy FIND THEIR PAIN AND STIR IT!!! REMIND THEM WHY THEY CALLED AND MOVE THE CALL FORWARD AND CLOSE!! DO NOT PAUSE NO MATTER WHAT THE CUSTOMER SAYS DON'T GIVE THEM ROOM TO TALK SHUT THEM UP AND CLOSE THE SALE!!! If u do these things then u won't have anything to worry about. Happy Selling!!

Amazing atmosphere with the potential to grow!

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Center activities
    Commission payouts
    Great atmosphere to work in
    Has it's own cafe

Cons

Micro managed
    Difficult to max out comp plan

Align the managers comp plan to the agents

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I unfortunately have nothing nice to say about this company. One of the worst places I have ever worked for.

Cons

The employee turnaround is out of control. People get fired on a daily basis, not for not doing their job, but for quality control reasons. Definitely not a company you want to grow with, especially in their childish environment.

on the fence

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

Good to get your feet wet and sponge all the sales experience up. Get ready to go the extra mile every single minute in management because its expected to or you're falling short of whats expected. You'll need to commit 100% to success by working addtl' hours at work and from home or you'll fall far behind the talent curve.

Cons

Very little but demanding on management that are in it to get off the phones and walk the floor. If you're in it for a break off the phones, STOP and focus on your sales goals! Lots of chiefs very little Indians @ times.

I actually like going to work here!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Personally, I don't understand a lot of the negative reviews. Someone said going over break/lunch by a SECOND gives you attendance points and that's a flat-out lie. You have a three minute buffer on each. If you can't manage that (with or without the buffer) you need to grow up and realize it's a job and you need to be there. The problem isn't the company; it's you. Then people say they hide the fact that it's phone sales. They don't. When you have your in-person interview, you actually sit in on phone calls of other sales agents. That's not really "hiding" anything. I love the people I work with, I love the amenities (bowling alley, free yoga, subsidized meals, etc). There are great benefits (medical, vision, dental, 401k, even assistance with adoption costs if you're looking for that!). The campus is beautiful. Most of the managers I've dealt with (performance managers, workforce managers, et cetera) are helpful, nice, understanding, and good at keeping constant coaching to develop you and boost morale. They're constantly giving away money and great prizes (cruises, football tickets, tablets). They give you a base pay AND an uncapped commission structure where it's very, very easy to make money (and I work on easily one of the most difficult businesses to sell on). There are also plenty of opportunities to move up and advance. They create a great culture, a comfortable atmosphere, and actually care what the employees think.

Cons

It's not for everybody. It's a very high-paced intense job that can burn you out if you aren't cut out for it. They don't tolerate people who make a lot of excuses very well. The hours can be rough (but if you do your job, not for long).

Don't let the more successful/veteran sales agents go uncoached because they know what they're doing. Everyone can use constructive criticism, even the #1 sales agent. And keep doing what you're doing!