Red Ventures Reviews

Reset

Sales Rep

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, exciting work environment where you didnt have to worry about being quiet and serious. It was alot of fun and they would have games for the agents to play when ever we made a sale

Cons

Point system for attendance, Point system for QA, before i left they had raised how many sales we needed that month knowing that our call volume was going to be low for the month and that put a lot of stress on us agents...

Advice to Management

Instead of giving us a different manager every couple months, i think it would have been helpful to have one manager because it was difficult to keep up with what we were suppose to be working on when each manager was telling us something different

2. Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has poured tons of money into making the office a "fun" place: TV's everywhere, a catering truck, games and contests always happening.

Cons

Pay is extremely low. Commission structure constantly changing to benefit the company and short-change the employees. Mandatory overtime even on scheduled days off. Schedule can be changed at any time without warning. Employees micro-managed. High rate of turnover and low morale.

Advice to Management

Set commission plan each month and do not change it during the course of the month. Allow sales staff to always know where they are at in commission plan. Give bonuses based on record-setting, closing rates, retention rates, etc.

3. bonus changes every 2 wks

Pros

Subsidized cafeteria for cheap lunches n all day free coffee

Cons

Bonus changes way too frequently. U can go from making 3k in bonus to less than 1k the following month.keep switching u to diff business teams every two months. Compliance is strict people get hired n fired very easily.training doesn't emphasise that enough. No stability or job security.

Advice to Management

Coach on compliance

5. Good company.

Former Employee - Sales Team Lead in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Team Lead in Miramar, FL

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money if you can sell.

Cons

The way they let go of the entire Miami staff.

6. Experience

Pros

The best job I have ever had

Cons

You better hit your numbers

7. Decent

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Great pay, decent benefits, really fun work environment with competitive people and commission was great

Cons

Long hours, a lot of overtime, not many breaks, always asking to cut lunch short & not flexible scheduling

Advice to Management

Start taking time to actually get to know your employees and learn their needs. Care about them.

Software Engineer

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Free environment where you can really execute on your ideas and goals. Very good support from your peers and management as well.

Cons

Sometimes you're challenged to go outside your comfort zone, which can be a good thing, but at the end of the day you have to stay true to who your are.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing those under you to have the freedom necessary to execute on ideas that they feel are important.

9. Accelerate Your Career

Pros

Great place to work. Dynamic, fast-paced environment. Opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you are able to handle and get a broader set of experiences/responsibilities than most other companies. Performance-based culture & compensation model.

Cons

Not for you if... -you are not flexible/adaptable -you are not okay with change -you don't want to be a part of a team -you don't want to be stretched or uncomfortable in your role -you lack passion, curiosity, or a sense of humor

Advice to Management

Continue to push thinking outside the box, take bigger calculated risks, and be willing to allow employees to stretch and grow

Red Ventures Response

Aug 5, 2015 – Human Capital Team

Glad to hear how much you're enjoying your career at Red Ventures. We couldn't agree more with your assessment of the wide range of opportunities available, and the things that help make people ... More

Great Job beware of the slam

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Opportunity to make great money. Management is driven to help you succeed. Best work environment I have ever been a part of the culture is awesome.

Cons

You can tell that there are hidden politics going on that employees aren't aware of but are affected by. They train you to walk the line and you get ultimately penalized for tipping over.

Advice to Management

Make sure you know what will get someone fired before you tell them to do it. There's plenty of money to make without being shady and people can't make any money if they get fired so don't coach people to do things that will get them not you in trouble.

Great Company

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. Definitely opportunities to move upward or into a completely different role. Pay is competitive. Sales incentives such are great.

Cons

All of your breaks, including to the bathroom, are timed. If you go over your break time you get attendance points which reminded me of something you would see in high school.

RSS Feed </> Embed