Red Ventures Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.1

Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • Casual work environment, lots of contests, good bonus', great commission potential (in 16 reviews)

• The people, building- gym, basketball court/track and bistro, scheduling flexibility (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Its hard to get to bed at 2am most nights and still have a work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• High pressure sales environment is not customer friendly (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

There's a reason there is a trial period

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity to make money and hone skills as a sales agent

Cons

Middle management contradicts one another at every single turn.

Get it together, work together, empower your people or you'll lose all of them.

sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice ppl and good coaching, make a decent quick bucks
    fun and entertaining

Cons

micromanaged to the max, no work life balance, intense pressure
    non stop work

Alright

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

The overall atmosphere of the company is awesome. The facilities and everything are cool. There's lots of contests.

Cons

If you don't do every little thing exactly as they say, you're out the door.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun energetic and good money

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Money is good...great incentives...wear what you want....always training on new products company outings

Cons

Its a what have you done for me today job who cares about yesterday or last month

let us do our job

Do you like being micromanaged? Then this is the place for you! Otherwise, beware!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a great in house course that prepares you for getting the licenses needed to do the job. As well they don't force you in on the job but rather "nested" into your team.

Cons

Where to begin...

I want to first say, legitimately I tried very hard to make this job work. I am a professional that ended up with anxiety from dawn till dusk and dusk till dawn. I am not someone who quits but adapts. This job is not for the creative, the innovative or someone with self respect. This job, my friend is for people who can sell and have no problems with being micromanaged every step of the way.

So I'll start there...
    - Micromanaged - want to take a break? go to the bathroom? Maybe lunch? Ha! well you have to add a request to the "Workforce" team that then decides if it is okay for you to go. They will either allow you, or deny based on call volume, time of day and other factors. You are given an hour lunch break, two fifteen min breaks and two, no more than five minute breaks. Sorry ladies, your body better form to this schedule otherwise your screwed. I actually watched the Workforce deny a girl from going to the bathroom three times when she had "time of the month" (for lack of a better phrase) problems. Finally she just got up went and was scolded like a child for leaving. Needless to say, she was gone the next day on her own accord.
    - Tethered - I've never wanted to be attached to any one place, although I now know what my dog feels like when I strap him to a tree. You have to wear headsets. Not so bad, well the reason you wear these all day is when you are not on a call you're on Standby, and you're listening for this faint beeping sound that means you have an incoming call. Your screen changes and you have to read the script fast enough and natural enough so no one hangs up on you. I have never felt so much anxiety in my life ever; not an exaggeration. What if I missed a beep, would I get dinged on my record for missing one? Would the Workforce team (big brother) walk over to me and scold me for not being prepared? Would the world collapse? The answer to all of these questions is YES!
    - Workflow - So you're okay with being a clock watcher when your on break. And you've said yea, I'd like to know what it feels like to be tied to a computer all day. Great! Then you're probably cool with having your calls timed, your summary notes timed (after you end a call you have a certain amount of time to wrap up any notes you may have) and then going back on "ready" to take another call. And if you take to long between calls, in your summary notes, you can bet on someone from Workforce yelling across the room or coming up to you and asking you what in the world are you doing!? Not to mention these calls can take anywhere from 20 to 30 mins. And know when a customer asks, "How long will this take?" you say just a few more minutes.
    - Sales - If you have never made sales before your "PM"(manager) will give you feedback on how to improve. Well, I am here to say, simply following the feedback does not mean you are going to be successful. It means you have followed the wisdom of the 20 something year old's advice and if you can't get it, you can't get it. I understand this is sales but when you're willing to let go of quality of quantity then you have made an egregious business mistake. And that is you have stopped caring.
    - Games - Because they're a cool place to work, some sales reps have Nerf guns. Well, almost everyone has these toys. At first you think, maybe this is cool. But in practice there's a reason these toys are for kids. It's very distracting! Being shot at, maybe a stray bullet comes your way. Maybe the foam baseball has smacked you in the head. But they're a cool "hip" place to work for! Oh the places you'll go...

Change everything. And for the love of God, quit making your lower to mid level managers add reviews on sites like these. Do you really think people that review your company speak/write like this, Pros: ..."If you like working with outgoing passionate people, Red Ventures is the place for you!" Cons: "Red Ventures expects you to challenge assumptions, adapt to change and give 110% all the time."

You have to be kidding, right? I heard these same phrases in the beginning rounds of interviewing. I even believe this is printed in your marketing material in your welcome packets.

Lastly, quit advertising in all your job listings that you can "win a flat-screen TV". In speaking with other sales reps that had been with the company for a few years I was told, no one has ever own anything like this. That after being with the company, moving up through the ranks and other hoops to jump that it's possible to win something like this at a convention. All this is to say this is very misleading and only speaks to your poor business practices. That is giving false impressions of what to expect.

Maybe this is part of your business model, "False impressions of what to expect. We gotcha!"

Waste of time!

Former Employee - Insurance Sales  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

This job was very fun when I started but after about 2 months I saw it for what it was a waste of time.

Cons

Red ventures was a big waste of time I've been there since March 2013 in recently left everybody on the sales floor is miserable. Everybody is looking for a new job if you looking to work at Red ventures you can make some quick money but that's about it. Nobody on the sales floor has been there longer than 2 years and that's for a reason. There is no such thing as uncapped commission at redventures they tell you that but its not true they have a way to make sure that you can make a little money but not too much money and once you get there you'll find out. There is a reason that red ventures is hiring all the time it's a bad sign if you have any common sense that will let you know that this is not the company that you can build a career with its a company that if you need some quick money you can work for them for a couple months maybe a year and that's it don't waste your time. This is coming from a top performer not anybody who got fired for attendance or not performing if you are a serious career minded person don't waste your time.

Grow up high school is over with.

Extremely stressful once you get in.

Former Employee - Security Sales  in  Indian Land, SC
    Former Employee - Security Sales in Indian Land, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed dress. Great sales training. A lot of young, fun people working there. There is a lot of money to be made.

Cons

The pressure is incredibly intense. On my floor of maybe 300 people, there wasn't 1 person that had been there a year which should tell you a lot about the turn around ratio. People quit constantly because although the face of the company is painted fun, once you begin working, the pressure is beyond anything I've experienced before. Your job is CONSTANTLY at risk! Every day. No matter how great of a job you do, it begins again every day and you have to perform or you're out! They would literally ask people to step into a "coaching meeting" while another manager would then go and pack up their desk into a box and have security meet them downstairs and escort them off the property. This was always looming over our heads if you didn't perform, on any given day, your desk could be packed up and you'd be escorted out. A terrible way to force people to work. I made a lot of money, but I would never do it again in ten million years.

Have some grace. Don't hang employment over an employees head if they have performed well prior. Have some grace. Coaching is not grace. Coaching is bullying as it was used when I was there. "Change this or your desk will be packed up while we've asked you to come into a room for a meeting." Unreal.

The Boiler Room but with TV service

Former Employee - Top Performing Sales Agent  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Top Performing Sales Agent in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to make good money for young outgoing passionate people and it doesn't even require a college degree

Cons

The only way to be really good and make it to the top where you're making the most money is to skate right on the edge of that line all of the time. Unfortunately when you do that enough they catch on and fire you.

Solid Sales job

Former Employee - Sales Agent  in  Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Miramar, FL

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great attendance policy
    Awesome benefits - Medical, Dental, etc
    Casual Dress
    Great pay

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling
    Conversion is your worst enemy because of uncontrollable things such as dropped calls, misdials, etc... all of it counts against your commission.

Red Ventures was a good Bridge Job after the hard hitting recession that sidetracked my career.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant  in  Indian Land, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Indian Land, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Recognized my talents in Sales from my background and personallity

Cons

No upward mobility for more mature individuals who has been in Sales and Marketing for over 20 years. Phone sales does not always dictate a persons true talents.

After 10 months of employment in a High call volume/high pressure job I was passed over for other opportunities that I was well OVERQUALIFIED for.

Worked for Red Ventures? Contribute to the Community!