Red Ventures Reviews

Reset

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The cafeteria is wonderful and the people that work there.

Cons

90% turn-over rate! It is a revolving door. These perky reviews are written by managers. Sales practices are very on the fence, so if you have no morals, apply

Advice to Management

It is scary your company brings people in and act like they are the problem instead of your business practices. If you were great to work for, people would be lined up

Red Ventures Response

Jul 17, 2015 – Corporate Media Strategist

Hi there. Thanks for the feedback and review. While we’re sorry to hear that you wouldn’t recommend Red Ventures as a place of employment, we appreciate the opportunity to clear up the inaccuracies ... More

2. Preformance Manager

Current Employee - Performance Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money is good, great environment, constantly changing

Cons

Long days and take work home with you

Smoke & Mirrors

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

All the kuereg coffee and tea you can stand! Sure there's good food, a bowling alley, and a basketball court, but....

Cons

...you'll never get to use those perks unless you literally live on campus (not an option BTW) If you have an actual life outside of RV you're not going to want to be there early to use the perks and THEN work a 9 hour shift. You can forget it. You'll interview in the state of the art building but let's be clear, that's NOT where you'll be working. You'll actually be in tighter,busier, less pretty environment with the all the people who are actually making the company its millions. Your managers will live listen to your calls all day long and pull you off the phones for coaching. Its like they have to fill a quota or something. That's annoying. I was fired for slamming a sale which is how I was trained but they won't admit that part. As long as your making them money by any means necessary, its OK. But the moment your sales drop, they find a way to get rid of you. They are constantly hiring people because once your 90 days kick in they have to pay your insurance and I believe that's a part of the trimming process too. No one is safe. 90% of senior leadership and non-sales positions are filled by Caucasians. Your chances of being anything outside of a team lead are slim to none.

Advice to Management

Less coaching sessions or switch to team coaching in a less frequent basis so people can make there money on the phones. Get on one accord..trainers and team leads should be practicing the same business techniques. It confuses the workers learning new dos/donts everyday.

Don't drink the kool aid

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commission so you can bring in a lot of money (in addition to hourly check) a month. Laid back dress code, games and tavs all over the office for a "fun" atmosphere.

Cons

EVERYONE is expendable. You can have a great MONTH and you will be praised to no end. Turn around and have a bad WEEK and they're ready to fire you. Not all managers started on the phones so when they call themselves trying to coach you they are speaking from a place of ignorance and speculation, not experience. Rules and guides often change, sometimes without warning or clarity. Disciplinary actions can come of this at the drop of a hat and there is NO defending yourself or your job.

Ehh

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money to be made! I was a top agent making 5000 a month on commission

Cons

Management there sucks ! All though I do respect a few the reason I got fired is because I needed help on a call and what my manager told me to do was wrong and I was fired !!! When I try to fight it they told me it's his word against mine and when I brought legal matters , my Laywer they lied and said the manager was never working that day when I kno he was since he works every Saturday!!!!

Advice to Management

Know wtf ur doing

7. Digital & Technology Powerhouse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Surrounded by some of the smartest people I've ever met, I feel constantly challenged at RV. There's never satisfaction with the status quo, but instead a healthy competition to do win/improve and a healthy fear that were moving too slow. The pace at RV is the most exciting part. Pace of innovation, pace of change, pace of growth...all provide opportunities to stretch.

Cons

If you aren't confortable moving quickly or changing, RV could be a stressful place.

Advice to Management

Culture is key, so ensure we continue to keep the bar high (or raise it) for who we bring on-board. I know it's tough given how fast were growing, but I believe it's the only way we'll continue to be who we are today.

8. Senior sales agents

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

Super laid back atmosphere. The only company i know that has a bowling alley, bier garden, video games and nerf guns at work. Great benefits and 401k, they also have subsides lunches. You have the opportunity to make alot of money!!!

Cons

The one thing I dont like is that you are very micro managed. You have to request a break to go the bathroom. Also your managers on your back 24/7 live listening to your calls.

Advice to Management

Coachings could be alot better....just depends on who you get as your manager.

Don't believe the hype.

Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great sales training and benefits package!

Cons

You're only a number. This company is quick to hire and quick to fire.

Advice to Management

Young management lacks fundamental leadership skills. The "culture" is more of a manipulation tool.

salary

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

competitive salary if tenured agents

Cons

not consistant pay, varies monthly

11. Human Resources

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Fun environment and they listen ! They make the workplace/work environment fun. They listen to their EEs. Everyone in management is energetic and values feedback. They implement ideas EEs propose.

Cons

Turnover. Due to the nature of the business the company does have turnover. They recruit a lot and have new hire classes and training on a consistent basis.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing. EEs love to work for this company. The company is growing and EEs value being a part of the growth.

RSS Feed </> Embed