Red Ventures Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
3.1

Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • Casual work environment, lots of contests, good bonus', great commission potential (in 16 reviews)

• The people, building- gym, basketball court/track and bistro, scheduling flexibility (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Its hard to get to bed at 2am most nights and still have a work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• High pressure sales environment is not customer friendly (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazingly fun times with coworkers and upper management.

Current Employee - Senior Sales Agent  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working here because the schedule is very flexible and there is always room for improvement. If you want to succeed in any sales position this is definitely the one for you. You can make an unlimited amount of commission and always apply for leadership even in the first 3 months of your employment if you qualify.

Cons

When you are having bad days and your sales are not "up to par" that can really help in your metrics. Just like any other job there are numbers you have to reach and goals you have to succeed. If you are not a good sales person or do not have it in you to be aggressive this is not the job for you.

If you're looking for something innovative, fast-paced, and fun......come to RV and enjoy the ride!

Current Employee - Corporate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

My favorite part of working at Red Ventures is the people. They put a lot of effort into hiring very motivated, results-oriented, and passionate people so you get to work along side people like this daily. Not to mention, I also laugh A LOT on a daily basis. I've met some of my closest friends at work and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Red Ventures business model is a very unique and innovative and I've gotten the opportunity to work on several projects that are very new in the online marketing space. The growth rate is crazy and it's amazing to see how the company has changed it's business model to keep up with all the growth.

The key to Red Ventures though is the culture. I love all the fun perks, but that's not what I mean by culture. I mean that fact that we have a "flat structure" so you don't have to move up a very tall ladder to get to a leadership role and titles don't really matter that much. We also move fast! This is refreshing in Charlotte when the other options are likely slow moving huge corporations. We are also not afraid of change and actually welcome it! It's easy to get things done meaning you don't have to wait 6 months to get approval of things before we change them up.

Cons

Sometimes the ever changing environment can seem a bit overwhelming

Excellent opportunity to learn, opportunity to grow only for some

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work closely with your boss. Lots of opportunities to continuously learn from extremely smart peers. Everyone is very friendly and wants to help you succeed. Basketball league, free yoga classes, on-site gym, subsidized bistro are great perks.

Cons

The access to senior leadership varies based on what team you are on. There are significantly fewer opportunities for growth than there are new hires. A decent amount of turnover from people who work extremely hard but are not promoted. Company trip is beautiful, but the focus on drinking seems a little strange in a work environment.

Be more up-front in recruiting. Focus less on the great perks, work/life balance and company trip and more on the hard work. In the end, no one will feel upset that those things are only a small portion of their experience and RV will attract more people who are excited to come in and put in the long hours.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Red Ventures was a good Bridge Job after the hard hitting recession that sidetracked my career.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant  in  Indian Land, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Indian Land, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Recognized my talents in Sales from my background and personallity

Cons

No upward mobility for more mature individuals who has been in Sales and Marketing for over 20 years. Phone sales does not always dictate a persons true talents.

After 10 months of employment in a High call volume/high pressure job I was passed over for other opportunities that I was well OVERQUALIFIED for.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture!
    - Great team of people to work with
    - Fast, paced environment

Cons

- High expectations of employees

So far, so good

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual work environment, lots of contests, good bonus', great commission potential. Everyone who works there is really great. Lots of good food :)

Cons

SCARED DAILY THAT ONE CALL WILL GET ME FIRED. You are extremely replaceable and could easily get fired. There are a lot of graphs and numbers to meet on those graphs. You could easily become obsessed with your numbers on a call-by-call basis.

No more PIP!

Good Money

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Made some great money and for the most part had a good time at work

Cons

Crazy schu. and can be stressful

First time introduction to Jack Welch style management

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full of competent people.
    Senior Management is very open to sharing business strategy with employees at all level to keep everyone moving in the right direction.
    The software development team is pretty close.

Cons

It seems the goal of the organization to have as high of a turnover rate as possible.
    The work/life balance is the worst I've seen anywhere; developers are working long hours, many of them on the weekend, and feeling extremely insecure about getting enough work done to keep their jobs.

You might find that high turnover doesn't necessarily produce the best results, especially with software.

Fast paced and number oriented.

Former Employee - Top Performing Sales Agent  in  Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Top Performing Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment as far ad the people and casual dress code. Company has a lot of on campus activities for employees. Impressive campus.

Cons

Can be a serious grind. Very "salesy" environment. Attendance policy has some flaws. "Uncapped Commissions" is loosely applied on some businesses.

Not worth it

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Food in the cafe is good, free yoga, basketball court, company trip

Cons

Absolutely no work/life balance.

Managers are all young and have little to no training, so they're horrible. RV seems to either not care about this, or senior management is blind to it.

The culture is very, very clique and sorority/fraternity type. Recruiting will say it's all about uniqueness, but in reality if you don't fit a very specific mold, you're out. If you don't drink the Koolaid, you're out. There's a HUGE amount of dating within the company - it's almost encouraged.

A huge con of the "flat" organization - there is no middle management. You're either straight out of college, or have 10+ years and an MBA. No middle ground, so most people make their way out at year 2 (if they last that long).

RV has some very unsavory business practices for the industry, but corporate employees seem to really get off on "tricking" people.

Recruiting model is volume based, even for corporate. They hire a bunch of college kids, throw them in the deep end (very little job-related on-boarding) and see who sticks. If your manager doesn't like you, you're done, no matter how good your work is.

Start training your managers and recognizing good work!

Worked for Red Ventures? Contribute to the Community!