Red Ventures Reviews

Reset

micro-managed

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

excellent work environment nice looking building

Cons

commission plan sucks and was not fully explained

Advice to Management

was coached so much I felt like I was in high school

Great Software Engineering Community

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, Red Ventures is a great place to start your career as a software developer if you are highly motivated and willing to go the extra mile. You are given more responsibility at a much faster pace than the majority of other opportunities out there. You will get to work with a wide variety of individuals from different backgrounds, all very talented. You will be given the opportunity to make a large impact. Great work culture and amazing facilities. Great insurance. Expect many social gatherings with free beer, as well as an annual company trip. Sales Support receives an entire week off for Christmas. There is also no dress code, so you can come in to work in jeans every day, which is nice. Most people come in at 9, so you can sleep in. People move around a lot, so you are not likely to get bored. If you are doing well, you will be rewarded accordingly around review times. Developer culture is also important to the RV community, which has created a tight-knit community.

Cons

This job is not for everyone, particularly developers who just want to sit at their desk with their head down coding. There are no project managers or QA team, and if you do not have great time management and communication skills, the job can sometimes be very stressful. There have been comments on here that Red Ventures is a sweat shop for developers, but this is not true. There will be people who stay until late in the night, but it is their choice. It is possible to work 40 hours a week (if you do not have a major deadline), but you have to set this boundary for yourself.

3. love it

I have been working at Red Ventures (More than a year)

Pros

Great company uncapped commission. Not to mention the amenities Basketball Gym and bowling alley.

Cons

You take a lot of phone calls daily. Need more break time in between each call

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with fun people. The management attempts to keep the atmosphere upbeat which is necessary for sales. Good training program. Great comped food on-site. Cool bowling alley and beer garden. We got to talk to the CEO during training; that was pretty neat.

Cons

Light sexual harassment is pretty common from what I experienced and witnessed. I kinda felt like I was working in a frat-house which is not cool for me, maybe you will like it. You have to request to go to the bathroom...it always gets approved...but you have to wait. That might be slightly illegal; I don't know. The PMs or managers will lie right to your face. They are very good at selling and will not hesitate to "sell" you on whatever change they are making to your team, product, pay-check, or whatever. A lot of change going on there, so beware. You have to watch and track your commission check as if you are the IRS because they will change the metrics, and con you out of money sometimes. Keep track of everything. Write every call and what happened down. Oh and their time off program looks GREAT at first, but be careful. Even walking pneumonia will not get you a day off if you don't have any time saved. Be super careful on that front.

Advice to Management

Stop "selling" (lying) to your underlings. And maybe not promote every 20-24 year old white guy that can make a sale regularly. They really do not make good managers all the time.

Red Ventures Response

Apr 22, 2015Corporate Media Strategist

Hello,

This is extremely concerning, and we feel strongly it requires a response. The situations outlined in this review are absolutely unacceptable at Red Ventures, and we urge any employee who
    ... More

Nothing is for sure, change is the only constant.

Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Good pay, benefits, amenities everywhere to distract from long term issues

Cons

You have to ask permission through a computer system to use the bathroom or take a break. You are given 30 minutes a day to use how you want and THAT IS NOT ENOUGH. You are supposed to get 1 hour for lunch, but the "workforce managers" cut it to 30 mintues almost every day. Be prepared to work nights and weekends when you first start, and for longer if you don't have children, as the parents are given earlier schedules first. Commission structure can be changed on a whim throughout the month, and numbers are frequently incorrect on the final reports. Most of management is under the age of 30 and incredibly inexperienced in appropriate workplace social interaction. HR is a nightmare, and frequently "bends" the law in their favor.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting children to manage adults. Let people manage their own "bathroom time" and hire more people to compensate. The HR department needs to triple in staff to appropriately handle the volume of needs.

Sales Consultant

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

COMMISSION very good loved it

Cons

Bad turnover rate just fire at will

Advice to Management

Stop being push overs and even if you guys do have a point system about fI ring people, look at there work ethics, and how loyal that employee was.

8. Great place to work, not for everyone

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The cafes, gift cards and games, fun atmosphere, great people to work with, the openness of the place and great vibes you get while in training. The commissions you get are outstanding.

Cons

Work experience depends on what business you are paired with, some are harder to sell than others If you do not sell the overbearing stress and pressure to sell at goal will destroy you. You are there for nine hours a day destroys your personal life, lunches reduced to thirty or forty-five minutes daily regardless on how busy it is. If you are promoted you take a pay cut because of no commissions, having to ask to go to the bathroom.

Advice to Management

Try to handle people in a more professional manner, stop with taking bathroom breaks from your overall break time and having to ask every time, be more upfront with people about the high stress levels on the sales floor

9. Great Organization

Current Employee - Corporate in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Corporate in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture are Red Ventures is phenomenal. They hire highly motivated, energetic, positive go-getters that are able to self manage and like to have fun! You cannot ask for a better working environment.
    Comprehensive benefits package
    Opportunity to earn profit units
    Compensation is directly related to performance and not tenure
    Subsidized meals
    Onsite clinic
    Open, feedback rich environment
    Nothing is ever off the table at Red Ventures - they are progressive and love testing new ideas
    Annual international co. trip
    Additional incentives outside of salary - electronics, trips, Visa Gift Cards

Cons

The only con is that it is a flat organization - not a lot of upward mobility on the Corporate side, BUT they will compensate you as you progress and perform so I am ok with the lack of a career path.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Red Ventures is the future of marketing, technology and sales and we have to continue to protect our culture :)

10. awesome job

I have been working at Red Ventures

Pros

bowling alley, food court, relaxed environment, progressive

Cons

none none none none none

Sales Agent...cubicle slave

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures

Pros

Free coffee and that's really about it. I absolutely despised this job and dreaded waking up every day that I had to go there

Cons

Management reminded me of high school....including the fact that none of them had a degree and they were younger than me. Absolutely no time for personal life with the schedule they give you

RSS Feed </> Embed