RedChip

Dave Gentry, M.A.

Great first job.

Current Employee - Equity Research Analyst in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Equity Research Analyst in Maitland, FL

I have been working at RedChip full-time

Pros

As an Equity Research Analyst the learning curve was very steep however, the Director of Research is extremely knowledgeable and is always more than happy to help. This is a job that will really open up a lot of doors for young professionals. The work environment can be fairly relaxed but it also has its stressful days especially when deadlines approach. As someone said before, because it is a small company you have to wear many hats. Over this past year I have worked on several different projects with the media department, sales department, marketing department, and communications department. I believe this type of exposure has made me a well rounded professional. The compensation is pretty competitive for a first time job. CEO, Director of Research, and both VPs are always willing to help and answer any questions you have.

Cons

Things can get pretty stressful especially because there are a lot of moving parts in the company. Employees should definitely participate in more team building activities to build trust and a better company culture. Training could be a little better, but management does a really good job at answering any questions

Management has a wealth of knowledge that should be shared a little more often. Add a 401K matching.

Great life opportunity with reputable company.

Former Employee - Specialist in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Specialist in Maitland, FL

I worked at RedChip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CEO keeps the business focused and moving foward. Great chance to learn many different industries, learn about Wall Street and the economy. For the most part as long as you do what's expected of you then the days go smoothly. Also like that CEO has made Redchip into industry leader in its space. The company name is well known which makes things easier.

Cons

You will need to be a self starter, enjoy learning, and motivated. As long as you are that person you will enjoy the opp. If not, then... Training could be better but if you have a question you will get the help.

Strong learning experience, and company has great potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I worked at RedChip (less than an year)

Pros

Employees typically have many responsibilities which allows you to gain experience in many ways. I would definitely say this is a strong stepping stone for young professionals looking to gain experience in film, sales, IT, finance, and communications. At RedChip you are exposed to a lot of successful business people and CEOs. There are a lot of young business professionals that truly see the potential in the company and try to do the best possible job they can do.

Cons

There is absolutely no company culture which I personally believe correlates with the extremely high turn-over rate of employees. The majority of employees only stay for about a year. CEO tends to micro-manage way too much and often gives asinine tasks to employees. He often yells and screams and requires side tasks (which he usually forgets about) to be done immediately despite more important deadlines.

Behave in a more professional manner and do not micro manage as much.

Great Potential, Great Experience, still needs to work out kinks

Former Employee - Equity Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Equity Analyst in Orlando, FL

I worked at RedChip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to learn, especially working closely with Research Director.
    Some of the best and smartest people I have worked with.
    Being part of a company developing its culture.
    Good location

Cons

Information isn't always shared across departments efficiently.
    Poor career advancement as its a small company
    Zero training provided.

Create company values, consistent hierarchy and minimize micromanagement

Learning Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I have been working at RedChip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love learning about different industries and their strategies. Great job for those looking to begin a career with finance.

Cons

Too micro managed, depleting employee productivity.

Challenging work and opportunities

Current Employee - Video Editor in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Video Editor in Maitland, FL

I have been working at RedChip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

RedChip is an interesting place that is always making me learn new skills. I started off in IT and moved into video editing/production, a field I had no experience in but I put in the time and learned it. I have learned several software suites on the job that will benefit my resume greatly as well as continuing to expand my knowledge of network, server, and website systems. I am the type of personality that likes to always have a goal and something to do so this works out well for me. I really enjoy the people I work with and its not a stuffy atmosphere like I imagine some corporate jobs to be. Everyone knows everyone and we are essentially a family.

Cons

Since its not a huge corporation, some of us wear many hats and have lots of responsibilities. This can be both good and bad. When 2 of your jobs require immediate attention, sometimes things can fall through the cracks. We are ever-expanding and hiring people to pick up the slack so this has definitely improved. There's also a bit of pressure to get things done asap, so this job isn't for the timid or lazy. You will always have something on your to do list and you may need to stay late to get things done.

More perks and bonuses would always be welcome. And things like team-building events would be nice.

Pretty harmonious work environment and a good place for people to get start. Daily work is busy but a lot significance

Former Employee - Fundamental Research & Analyst Internship in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Fundamental Research & Analyst Internship in Maitland, FL

I worked at RedChip as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

nice supervisor, full of energy

Cons

database is not that functional

Probably the most unprofessional environment I've ever worked in

I worked at RedChip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not corporate-owned (single owner) so you're not just a "number" to the company, upper-level management is easily accessible, every employee's birthday is celebrated with a cake/party, flexible with time off requests

Cons

Unprofessional, unprofessional, unprofessional. Lots of profanity, yelling, screaming, and mistreating of employees across all levels. There is no HR department so there is no one to go to when feeling harassed or mistreated. Education is not valued.

Rewarding and Challenging

Former Employee - Media in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Media in Orlando, FL

I worked at RedChip full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is great opportunity to build your skill sets serving emerging companies. The learning experience was excellent and the company is staffed with able hard working people who havd a team attitude.

Cons

Working in too many directions trying to get the job done. Sometimes there are not enough hours in the day to keep up with an ever-changing agenda.

Keep the focus razor sharp and keep up the winning attitude.

Very negative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I have been working at RedChip

Pros

Independence to work by myself

Cons

Incompetence of senior management and assistance.

Do your due diligence