RedChip

www.redchip.com

RedChip Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014
RedChip – “In the studio.”

Dave Gentry, M.A.

Strong learning experience, and company has great potential

(Former Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsEmployees typically have many responsibilities which allows you to gain experience in many ways. I would definitely say this is a strong stepping stone for young professionals looking to gain experience in film, sales, IT, finance, and communications. At RedChip you are exposed to a lot of successful business people and CEOs. There are a lot of young business professionals that truly see the potential in the company and try to do the best possible job they can do.

ConsThere is absolutely no company culture which I personally believe correlates with the extremely high turn-over rate of employees. The majority of employees only stay for about a year. CEO tends to micro-manage way too much and often gives asinine tasks to employees. He often yells and screams and requires side tasks (which he usually forgets about) to be done immediately despite more important deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementBehave in a more professional manner and do not micro manage as much.

Great Potential, Great Experience, still needs to work out kinks

Equity Analyst (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat place to learn, especially working closely with Research Director.
    Some of the best and smartest people I have worked with.
    Being part of a company developing its culture.
    Good location

ConsInformation isn't always shared across departments efficiently.
    Poor career advancement as its a small company
    Zero training provided.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate company values, consistent hierarchy and minimize micromanagement

Learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsI love learning about different industries and their strategies. Great job for those looking to begin a career with finance.

ConsToo micro managed, depleting employee productivity.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging work and opportunities

Video Editor (Current Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsRedChip is an interesting place that is always making me learn new skills. I started off in IT and moved into video editing/production, a field I had no experience in but I put in the time and learned it. I have learned several software suites on the job that will benefit my resume greatly as well as continuing to expand my knowledge of network, server, and website systems. I am the type of personality that likes to always have a goal and something to do so this works out well for me. I really enjoy the people I work with and its not a stuffy atmosphere like I imagine some corporate jobs to be. Everyone knows everyone and we are essentially a family.

ConsSince its not a huge corporation, some of us wear many hats and have lots of responsibilities. This can be both good and bad. When 2 of your jobs require immediate attention, sometimes things can fall through the cracks. We are ever-expanding and hiring people to pick up the slack so this has definitely improved. There's also a bit of pressure to get things done asap, so this job isn't for the timid or lazy. You will always have something on your to do list and you may need to stay late to get things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore perks and bonuses would always be welcome. And things like team-building events would be nice.

Pretty harmonious work environment and a good place for people to get start. Daily work is busy but a lot significance

Fundamental Research & Analyst Internship (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

Prosnice supervisor, full of energy

Consdatabase is not that functional

Probably the most unprofessional environment I've ever worked in

(Former Employee)

ProsNot corporate-owned (single owner) so you're not just a "number" to the company, upper-level management is easily accessible, every employee's birthday is celebrated with a cake/party, flexible with time off requests

ConsUnprofessional, unprofessional, unprofessional. Lots of profanity, yelling, screaming, and mistreating of employees across all levels. There is no HR department so there is no one to go to when feeling harassed or mistreated. Education is not valued.

Rewarding and Challenging

Media (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThere is great opportunity to build your skill sets serving emerging companies. The learning experience was excellent and the company is staffed with able hard working people who havd a team attitude.

ConsWorking in too many directions trying to get the job done. Sometimes there are not enough hours in the day to keep up with an ever-changing agenda.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus razor sharp and keep up the winning attitude.

Very negative

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsIndependence to work by myself

ConsIncompetence of senior management and assistance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your due diligence

Fast paced whirlwind of changes with lack of mission and structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsGood industry experience. Friendly co-workers. Exposure to many clients in many different geographies. New products and ideas are constantly being introduced.

ConsPoor communication between management and employees. Constant changes to business processes. ittle to no professional training. High pressure work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish clear goals and strategies to obtain them. Communicate those strategies regularly to employees. Conduct regular employee reviews. Provide professional trainings and continuing education to employees.

Rewarding Career

Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsDuring my employent at RedChip I have had the pleasure of working with professionals that create harmony with customers and collaberate with each other to get the job done. RedChip has active and vigorous processes for sharing and learning across departments. Boudaryless leaders strive to make the company better 24/7. What makes RedChip a fun and exciting place to work is the constant exchange of ideas that go on amoung the leaders and all the employees. Over the years the company has always operated with unyielding intergrity with a staff that's always ready to srping intop action and make a difference. If you're going to work for a small-cap firm, learn from the best-RedChip.

ConsThe fast paced financial markets might not be for everyone. There are time when bosses must make decisions without consulting with employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving for excellence

Worked for RedChip? Contribute to the Community!