RedPrairie Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated April 15, 2014
Updated April 15, 2014

Hamish Brewer

Pros
  • Great people at RedPrairie - good set of solutions - good focus (in 8 reviews)

• Work from home and travel (could go either way) (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor communication between departments (in 3 reviews)

• Measured by billable hours, and little concern to customer satisfaction (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Company

Former Employee - Software Developer II  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company to work for. Nice people.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. This was a good company to work for. They are bought out now by JDA. I left before that.

Keep up the good work

Was a great place, once upon a time; the JDA merger killed a good thing

Former Employee - Product Development Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For most of us at the Alpharetta office of RedPrairie, we came from the old BlueCube acquisition for the retail solution. That was the perfect merger; RP stayed out of BC's way in terms of retail businesses. And things were great! The people were fantastic and it showed it employee retention and loyalty.

Cons

Then the JDA merger came along and while they called it a merger, it was a takeover by JDA. People with fancy titles having no clue what our products did were put in charge and they killed the free enterprise spirit. Development-wise, we were eons ahead and instead of encouraging it, they killed the spirit and dismantled the teams. Bad idea.

Well, in some ways, it's too late. If people weren't laid off, most of the talent walked right out of the door. There are very few people from the old RP days left behind and most of them are new and can't push the product forward anymore.

Wide variety of software and consulting services provided

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

International portfolio of clients. Wide and deep product portfolio. Lots of variety of assignments for employees. Kept filling pipeline. High involvement in User Group Community.

Cons

Trained employees on customers' billing time. Project Managers rarely certified during employment. Poorly defined separation of duties between project teams and Help Desk personnel.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I learned a lot at RedPrairie, but there are some frustrations I had.

Former Employee - Master Software Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Master Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. I learned more at RedPrairie then I've learned at most jobs. I worked with MOCA, C, Java, C#, shell scripting, SQL, Unix and Windows. Their supply chain package is one of the most customizable and flexible with the MOCA architecture, DDA's, and report writer.
    2. I worked with integration and multiple versions of several different WM packages.
    3. There are a lot of good people at RedPrairie that care about doing a good job.
    4. There is good training available and I took several week long classes.
    5. The salary was ok. I did get a bonus for extra hours worked.

Cons

1. When I made suggestions to improve the product, product help, or documentation, it seems like some people did not want to listen or accept feedback.
    2. You basically have to work about 1 or 2 levels above your job title sometimes. I found myself doing a lot of checking and rechecking of functional designs from Project Leaders and some Project Leaders don't want to listen when their designs aren't written well or have mistakes.
    3. Sometimes it was frustrating to be pulled on and off projects. One project I was pulled onto about 4 times, each time I did some work and then I wasn't given anything on that project for weeks, just to be pulled back on again.

Listen to the opinions and suggestions of the Master Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers that are customizing and implementing the product for clients. The Product teams have too much control and it seems like ideas to improve the products get rejected or ignored from the guys and gals in the field actually working with the product. Also improve support. The help desk should be more responsive to customers and every other email shouldn't be a request for a trace file and then a response days later that it isn't an issue - when the issue is obvious. Way too many times did I have to spend a back and forth email battle with the Help Desk or the Product team about a bug - even when I found the issue in the trace file and the source code and pointed it out.

Best Job Ever!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at RedPrairie full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is GREAT! Redpairie offers competitive salaries. The people are amazing to work with. It has a laid-back feel but is an extremely fast paced environment.

Cons

Layoffs due to JDA Software Group merger. The new CEO of JDA is bound to change the culture of Redprairie. Leadership at JDA Software Group seem extremely snobbish and arrogant, and don't seem to care about the people at the company.

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at RedPrairie full-time

Pros

Good DDD design. Good agile practices. Good people. Good work-life balance. Latest tools.

Cons

Company has declared that 70% of all jobs must be outsourced after it merged with JDA Software. Total staff demotivation. Do not bother applying for work at this company (unless you live in India).

Congratulations on completing the merger with JDA Software. It should present a compelling value proposition to the clients and also the investors.

Flexible, but chaotic work environment

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RedPrairie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home
    Friendly co-workers
    Robust, marketable software

Cons

Last-minute assignments & travel (usually on a bad project)
    No onboarding
    Several re-orgs in a short timeframe

None

Great Company

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at RedPrairie full-time for more than a year

Pros

RedPrairie is a wonderful company to work for. They have a relaxed environment and NO CUBICLES, but instead open desk areas. There hours are flexible and this means that you can have a great work/life balance. Everyone that I have met thus far is so inviting, welcoming, and friendly. From the point you walk into the doors you feel like you are part of a team.

Cons

Meetings-- everyday, twice a day, sometimes all day. Its very meeting heavy and somehow it still means that there is a lack of communication between departments when trying to keep products consistent.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at RedPrairie full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun place to learn and grow

Cons

you have to work, but it is a great place to do that

Keep encouraging employees and allow they to grow their career

good line of products, no structure whatsoever, poor management

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours, good people, interesting product line with a lot of potential

Cons

Extremely poor management, not rewarding those we deserve it but rewarding purely on billable hours which can be easily manipulated

You have a good product line, please do something to better serve your customers, your workers

Worked for RedPrairie? Contribute to the Community!