RedTech Reviews

CEO

1. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at RedTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RedTech is a special company which exudes a great sense of teamwork with talented professionals who know the business climate in the Northwest.

Cons

We are a local company only with no off-shore capability.

2. A Company that values it's team!

Current Employee - Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at RedTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a gift to be a part of a team that values the contributions of it's employees and contractors. From the top down, I have always felt supported, trusted, heard and considered when it comes to my team and it's projects. Redtech's leadership always conveys an open door policy and honors creative solutions and flexibility. The result is an environment where people can thrive and develop. It's a win-win for both company and contributor.

Cons

In my experience, I haven't found cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. It is what you make it

I worked at RedTech

Pros

If you have good ideas about how you you can contribute to the company you'll do well. Bring up well thought out ideas and the management will definitely consider them. You'll be able to implement some of your own ideas so it will be a lot of work but rewarding. The small size of the company makes many things manageable and fast. Communication is decent.

Cons

There are a lot of decisions that are based on things other than actual skills. This can spin morale around and lead to some grumbling. Work can be highly subjective with some members.

Advice to Management

Hire/promote based on skills and results. Consider more variety in the client base.

5. Over 15 years and still going strong

Current Employee - Senior Management in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at RedTech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Redtech is a very people and client-oriented company. Redtech management highly values all types of personalities and cultures and is a strongly positive client-results company because of this quality. Redtech offers a diverse job and skills environment - from the new to the job market web-based positions, to the most seasoned and skilled professional permanent and contract staff working at the highest level of responsibility. Most perm employees and many contractors have been at Redtech over 10 years and are very happy and comfortable with Redtech's personal and business rules of engagement. Redtech also offers an excellent benefits package with generous PTO and medical or, if chosen otherwise, a wage bump.

Cons

Redtech can be difficult to work for if employee or prospective employee has a rigid sense of "right" and "wrong" or doesn't appreciate team input. Management believes there is usually room for animated discussion and encourages thinking outside the box. That environment is not for everyone and should be considered before accepting an internal position at Redtech.

Advice to Management

No need to keep unusually difficult or angry employees on staff. They will be happier elsewhere and their team members will be happier when they are gone.

6. Great support, variety of opportunities and flexibility

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at RedTech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I highly recommend Redtech as a place for talented people to plant themselves and thrive. I’ve been with Redtech over 10 years, and have stayed because they continue to prove that they genuinely value people. In situations where others would call for a death march, I’ve seen Redtech stay calm and steady, making decision to support the team and manage project scope. These are hard choices that require real conviction. Another strength of Redtech is that they allow talented people the flexibility to take on multiple hats and try different ways of achieving results. The management and processes are not overly rigid. This can cause some people angst, but for me it provides the satisfaction of taking on a lot of responsibility and of contributing in a variety of ways. Examples include heads-down development, presentations, internal process improvements, mentoring, and so on. Working for Redtech has also allowed me to invest in a variety of technical skills, including .NET, SQL, Javascript, SharePoint, Cloud, and mobile. And, they’ve given me the chance to work with great clients, including major non-profits. The most significant strength of Redtech comes back to their genuine value of people. I’ve personally experienced their support during tough times, including family medical situations that affected my schedule and availability. They quickly made it clear that my family was the top priority. I know they’ve provided the same support for others as well.

Cons

I believe every company has strengths and weaknesses, but in Redtech’s case the strengths are way more important to me. Some of the strengths can cause weakness when we don’t find the right balance. For example, the same flexibility that allows me to contribute in many ways can also leave gaps, where efficient processes would reduce stress and inefficiency. Also, if looking for a beautiful office and a constant flow of high profile projects, you might be disappointed. However, we are right next to a great park, have the tools we need, and cool projects do come are way.

Advice to Management

Keep following the core principles that allow talented people to thrive, by continuing to support people and providing flexibility. However, provide a reasonable amount of direction and structure (find the sweet spot) so that we can increase our efficiency, reduce stress, and work across disciplines more effectively.

7. Redtech is a great place to work

I have been working at RedTech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people at Redtech are the key. Great people who work well together have been what have kept me with Redtech for over 10 years. Also, we have very interesting projects and work local clients that appreciate and value our solutions.

Cons

I know the centrally located Eastside location is difficult for those who live in the edges of Seattle or in the outer suburbs. However, Redtech has s good working from home policy that helps this greatly.

Advice to Management

Maybe consider offering Metro pass subsidy for those who can commute via bus.

Questionable business practice. Company has no vision.

Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at RedTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Owner and management are genuinely great people, but company was set up to run as is. Strategy is no change, so 3 types of people fit really well here: 1) family/relatives of owner 2) people in their last years of their career 3) fresh grad who don't mind the most mind-numbing copy & paste work. Many can make up any work titles they want. Everyone is a director there, even though majority has no reports nor has any L1 managerial skill.

Cons

Can't stand the unethical business transactions I witnessed and had heard from many others. I felt like watching Microsoft code of business conduct training in real life. It was hard for me. If I ever have a chance back to MS, sorry, I'll do what is right.

Advice to Management

Address bad hires. Those who swear at everything and bad-mouth everyone, those who have troubles managing their anger are eroding the space. Others make adjustment to them okay, but are those who you want to represent your company? Good work come from good people, but no good people can't thrive in this toxic environment.

No support after the contract runs out

Former Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at RedTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very hands off, only saw account rep twice.

Cons

No support or even effort to find another opportunity for me after the contact ended, even though it ended due to buget reasons only.

Advice to Management

Should work with the talent you have.

10. Satisfactory, steady employment

I worked at RedTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

simple approach to managing people great location in Bellevue good work/life balance

Cons

not great benefits upper management seems uninterested in people office environment is boring facilities are outdated

11. Poor management, extremely boring

Former Employee - Advertising Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Advertising Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I worked at RedTech full-time

Pros

Laid back work environment. Worked with everyone your own age. Super easy job that did not require any prior knowledge. A monkey could do the work.

Cons

Management never seemed to know what we actually did on a daily basis. Which is a problem since they were managing roughly 45 people. They also rarely took advice on how we thought we could do our jobs better. Always gave a reason the couldn't. Poor pay. No benefits.

RSS Feed </> Embed