RedTech Reviews

CEO

I can't complain

Current Employee - Quality Analyst  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at RedTech as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great boss, overall culture is laid back

Cons

Low pay and no benefits

Great support, variety of opportunities and flexibility

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at RedTech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I highly recommend Redtech as a place for talented people to plant themselves and thrive. I’ve been with Redtech over 10 years, and have stayed because they continue to prove that they genuinely value people. In situations where others would call for a death march, I’ve seen Redtech stay calm and steady, making decision to support the team and manage project scope. These are hard choices that require real conviction.

Another strength of Redtech is that they allow talented people the flexibility to take on multiple hats and try different ways of achieving results. The management and processes are not overly rigid. This can cause some people angst, but for me it provides the satisfaction of taking on a lot of responsibility and of contributing in a variety of ways. Examples include heads-down development, presentations, internal process improvements, mentoring, and so on.

Working for Redtech has also allowed me to invest in a variety of technical skills, including .NET, SQL, Javascript, SharePoint, Cloud, and mobile. And, they’ve given me the chance to work with great clients, including major non-profits.

The most significant strength of Redtech comes back to their genuine value of people. I’ve personally experienced their support during tough times, including family medical situations that affected my schedule and availability. They quickly made it clear that my family was the top priority. I know they’ve provided the same support for others as well.

Cons

I believe every company has strengths and weaknesses, but in Redtech’s case the strengths are way more important to me. Some of the strengths can cause weakness when we don’t find the right balance. For example, the same flexibility that allows me to contribute in many ways can also leave gaps, where efficient processes would reduce stress and inefficiency.

Also, if looking for a beautiful office and a constant flow of high profile projects, you might be disappointed. However, we are right next to a great park, have the tools we need, and cool projects do come are way.

Keep following the core principles that allow talented people to thrive, by continuing to support people and providing flexibility. However, provide a reasonable amount of direction and structure (find the sweet spot) so that we can increase our efficiency, reduce stress, and work across disciplines more effectively.

Over 15 years and still going strong

Current Employee - Senior Management  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at RedTech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Redtech is a very people and client-oriented company. Redtech management highly values all types of personalities and cultures and is a strongly positive client-results company because of this quality. Redtech offers a diverse job and skills environment - from the new to the job market web-based positions, to the most seasoned and skilled professional permanent and contract staff working at the highest level of responsibility. Most perm employees and many contractors have been at Redtech over 10 years and are very happy and comfortable with Redtech's personal and business rules of engagement. Redtech also offers an excellent benefits package with generous PTO and medical or, if chosen otherwise, a wage bump.

Cons

Redtech can be difficult to work for if employee or prospective employee has a rigid sense of "right" and "wrong" or doesn't appreciate team input. Management believes there is usually room for animated discussion and encourages thinking outside the box. That environment is not for everyone and should be considered before accepting an internal position at Redtech.

No need to keep unusually difficult or angry employees on staff. They will be happier elsewhere and their team members will be happier when they are gone.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great environment, great people, great company to work for!

Former Employee - Advertisement Analyst  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Advertisement Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I worked at RedTech as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Working for Redtech was nothing short of a great experience. It was really a breathe of fresh air to work with people that care about their job and give all they have every single day. Redtech was very organized and professional with great management that was always there to assist you whenever you have questions. From the first initial interview working with the recruiters to get the ball rolling, all the way until the day I left, they made my experience fantastic. I would definitely work for Redtech in the future if the opportunity presented itself.

Cons

No downside to working at Redtech. Great place!

Redtech is a great place to work

I have been working at RedTech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people at Redtech are the key. Great people who work well together have been what have kept me with Redtech for over 10 years. Also, we have very interesting projects and work local clients that appreciate and value our solutions.

Cons

I know the centrally located Eastside location is difficult for those who live in the edges of Seattle or in the outer suburbs. However, Redtech has s good working from home policy that helps this greatly.

Maybe consider offering Metro pass subsidy for those who can commute via bus.

Questionable business practice. Company has no vision.

Former Employee - User Experience Designer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - User Experience Designer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at RedTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Owner and management are genuinely great people, but company was set up to run as is. Strategy is no change, so 3 types of people fit really well here: 1) family/relatives of owner 2) people in their last years of their career 3) fresh grad who don't mind the most mind-numbing copy & paste work.
    Many can make up any work titles they want. Everyone is a director there, even though majority has no reports nor has any L1 managerial skill.

Cons

Can't stand the unethical business transactions I witnessed and had heard from many others. I felt like watching Microsoft code of business conduct training in real life. It was hard for me. If I ever have a chance back to MS, sorry, I'll do what is right.

Address bad hires. Those who swear at everything and bad-mouth everyone, those who have troubles managing their anger are eroding the space. Others make adjustment to them okay, but are those who you want to represent your company? Good work come from good people, but no good people can't thrive in this toxic environment.

RedTech has provided me an excellent contract experience and steady employment

I have been working at RedTech as a contractor

Pros

Hiring process was smooth and felt all questions were answered before making my decision to join. Staff provides ongoing support and works as my advocate when needed to clarify my role with a client, etc. Also glad they don't push company rah rah events every couple weeks like some vendors, as I'd rather spend my hours outside of work with my family and friends and not small-talking about work!

Cons

Not really, all I need is periodic check-in and I'm good.

No support after the contract runs out

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at RedTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very hands off, only saw account rep twice.

Cons

No support or even effort to find another opportunity for me after the contact ended, even though it ended due to buget reasons only.

Should work with the talent you have.

Good first job out of college

I have been working at RedTech as a contractor

Pros

Worked with about 50 other people just out of college. It was a great place to build friendships

Cons

While the job had its challenges, for the most part, it was very simple and time consuming.

Stop changing protocol every week

Satisfactory, steady employment

I worked at RedTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

simple approach to managing people
    great location in Bellevue
    good work/life balance

Cons

not great benefits
    upper management seems uninterested in people
    office environment is boring
    facilities are outdated

Worked for RedTech? Contribute to the Community!