Redbeacon

Anthony Rodio

Fast Paced & Data Driven

Marketing (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsYou will always be kept in loop with the company's overall goal. There's never a grey area.
    Approachable CEO, CTO & Directors.
    Freedom to test new ideas without a fear of failing.
    Open culture. Work-life balance & huge opportunity for growth.

ConsEven if's acquired by The Home Depot, it still has a start-up culture. If you are looking for someone who will hold your hand and guide you at every step, this is not the place. However, if you ask for help, everyone is willing to lend a hand.

The hidden gem of Silicon Valley

Marketing (Former Employee)
    Foster City, CA

Pros- Redbeacon will make you want to come into work everyday. It's as simple as that. You'll enjoy the people around you. You'll enjoy the challenge and the (sometimes) long hours. It's a start up environment backed by a Fortune 30 company, how cool is that?
    - The people at Redbeacon are everything. If you're lucky enough to get a job (because we're very picky about cultural fit) you'll have a great time.
    - Whether you're an engineer, marketer, or designer, you'll be challenged every day.
    - I'm glad I can really call my coworkers my friends.

Cons- Interview process can seem difficult. They thoroughly go through candidates and make someone meet almost everyone in the department.

Advice to Senior Management- Do more "design sprints". It allows employees who are scared to speak up a chance to really make a difference.

An amazing place to work with incredible opportunities and fantastic people!

Customer Ops (Former Employee)
    Foster City, CA

Pros-Startup culture well alive despite THD ownership
    -Amazing and passionate employees (and drama free)
    -Ability to work with nearly every department in the company, regardless of your job title
    -You'll never work hungry
    -Incredibly smart coworkers who want you to succeed

ConsIt's frustrating to be the worst ping-pong player in the company...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast moving, fun, and great place to work

Foster City, CA

ProsRedbeacon is changing the way home services are provided. Being part of the team that helps refine, iterate, and create these methods is exciting. Whatever your role is, you feel like you are making a difference with the product and at the company. Here are some pros:
    -- Gym Reimbursement
    -- Frequent social outings and team building events
    -- A great team led by even better founders and management
    -- Fast paced work environment where ideas can become reality in a short period of time.
    -- Great office building
    -- Catered lunches and snacks

Cons-- Not an easy commute if you don't live in the Peninsula (no direct public transportation though they do have a shuttle from San Francisco).
    -- Hard to balance work/life sometimes due to the hours and commute times.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job!

Simultaneously, the most fun and the most productive team out there.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsRebeacon's product makes life easier for people in an obvious way, so you'll always go to sleep knowing that you made the world better. Redbeacon's regular events include Beer Fridays, bug fix competitions, ping pong and Street Fighter tournaments, trips to the movies and to baseball games. The office has a commercial grade espresso machine, a giant screen for video games and movies, even a small classic arcade. With that much fun and distraction one might guess that the team's output would be hindered. On the contrary, Redbeacon is formidably productive and is the fastest moving team that I know. Very few teams have this level of helpfulness in combination with the level of competitiveness. This might be cliche, but It's like being a part of a large family.

ConsIf you don't like learning or don't like moving fast you, Redbeacon wouldn't be a good fit for you.

An amazing place to work with some of the greatest people in tech; opportunities abound!

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Foster City, CA

ProsGreat people that really feel like family; opportunity to work on something that will be seen by millions of people online and offline; backed by a Fortune 30 company but operates like an agile, Silicon Valley startup; work hard, play hard.

ConsNot many! Not the easiest commute for people that use public transit but luckily we have a shuttle that picks up in two locations in SF.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Love everything about it

San Mateo, CA

Pros* Super smart people who want you to succeed
    * Ability to pursue your passions and ask questions along the way
    * Ownership of your job and projects that you think will grow the company

Cons* The food is too good

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's keep rocking!

Great startup once upon a time, perfect fit for recent grads

ProsEven though owned by THD, still have the startup culture and pushing the envelope to move faster

ConsLong commute to Foster City and once you're there, nothing's around

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is not technically capable other than the CTO and they've a vague understanding of what can be done with the current technology. They're mainly executing whatever their boss (THD) mandates.

Everything you do here are Redbeacon will impact millions of people

ProsSmart, driven, and immensely fun colleagues
    Ability to work on a product/project that affects so many people
    Employees are trusted with huge responsibilities.
    Strong culture makes it fun to work here!
    We are hiring like crazy!

ConsSince we are a true startup, we can sometimes feel understaffed which means you have more responsibility and ability to define your work. But we are focused on bringing aboard top talent, so this will change!

Advice to Senior ManagementVision is great! Keep doing what you are doing!

Worked for Redbeacon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Redbeacon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Redbeacon CEO Anthony Rodio. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Redbeacon employees.