Redcats

Be The First To
Add Photos

Redcats Chairman & CEO Jean-Michel NOIR

Jean-Michel NOIR

Okay as a stepping stone in your career but not a big job opportunity so don't overstay your welcome

Online Marketing & Web Merchandising (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDue to everyone taking on triple their duties and sometimes crossing department lines, you can learn more than what your job entails and gain skills in many things outside of what you already know.

Sample sales!

30% discount off merchandise

Location of office (in the garment district)

Flexible time (you can choose when you come in - doesn't have to be 9-5 - and work your 8 hours and leave, if you don't have a ton of work sitting on your desk)

Great co-workers (with the exception of upper management)

ConsUpper management is not helpful at all. They claim its a open door policy but honestly, it feels like they are just doing that to take notes to use later when deciding who to lay off. So if you have a voice or are not a YES person, this might not be the best company for you.

Limited Room for Growth, not much opportunity for promotion. It took me 6 years to get promoted and even then, I had to jump through hoops, beg and wait for my boss to go on vacation to do all of that because she didn't want me to advance and leave the dept.

Company politics plays a huge role in personal growth as well. Your work doesn't hold any value. It's all about favorites and who is well-liked. Many unqualified people have risen in the ranks while over-qualified people have remained in their entry-level positions. Because of this, turnover is high. If you're French, you're golden. You will always have a high level job here. Sometimes at the expense of others.

Every department acts like a separate department, which can make working across different channels challenging.

Office space is small. Even when I finally made it to managerial level, I was put in a tiny cube and was the only manager in a cube in my department. Again, while I did fantastic work, it was all about who you know. I ended up being laid off after being told my position was being eliminated. Only to find out that my position was renamed and added to someone else's workload. So she was left doing my job and hers. The story of Corporate America.

Technology is very outdated to the point where short-cuts and go-arounds are a thing of the norm in order to get your work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt this point, I think management will do what they want to do regardless of any advice I have. Just know that you have laid off some great people and loss other great people who have left to work for your competitors. Wonder why?

strong e-commerce platform though now in maintenance mode so less exciting.

Merchandising (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosleadership, work-life balance, culture, e-commerce

Conssmall margin business = low merit adjustment averages and bonus.

Sales Agent

Sales Agent (Current Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsStable hours, could call in so many times, easy to set up your schedule

Conscall center environment..the feeling of being a caged rat comes to mind....every once in a while you get rude customers....sitting for long hours...

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HORRIBLE!

Bilingual Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsWorking early shift 6:am - 2:30 pm, go in early get out early.

ConsManagement INSISTS on the HARD SELL to inbound callers that are offered the CREDIT CARD. Must, must offer it 3 times, even if the Caller is adamant about the offer and refuses to accept the Card offered. This is NOT Explained in the 6 week Training Program before going out to the Live Calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire Management Team that have a Degree, or some College.

Graphic Designer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible Schedule and great coworkers.

ConsLow Pay and bad commute.

Not worth losing your mental sanity

Assistant Product Manager (Former Employee)

Prosdepending on title, you can travel for work
    learned a bit of product development

Conseverything is needed "yesterday" or "ASAP"
    restructuring of management due to new owners equalled more disarray
    too many impromtu meetings held which interrupted workdays and workload
    too many processes to follow
    too many spreadsheets were created that did not have formal names---and even if they had formal names, they were referenced differently by other words
    colleagues forgetting what they said 5 minutes later
    unfair performance review process

Advice to Senior Managementneed more structure
    need for project manager to help with deadlines and pushback when necessary

Repetitive, easy, good benefits

Telemarketing Sales Associate (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsGood benefits, paid vacation, good hours

ConsImpersonal with supervisors, repetitive, can be boring

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your adherence policy

good

Online Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood work environment and good colleagues

Consshould be open to outside environment

Redcats USA Assistant Producst Manger

Assistant Product Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSalary is good for entry level
    Very true 9-5

ConsCompany is outdated with it's systems and processes

Assistant Product Manager

Assistant Product Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCompany still offers flexible time.

ConsLimited workspace. Cubicles are a joke!
    Limited Room for Growth, not much opportunity for promotion.
    Management is not there for you when you need them.
    Management claims there is a revolving door only thing is that it's closed most of the time. No manners or greetings whatsoever.
    Everything is always due yesterday and there isn't sufficient time to accomplish work AND maintain web sites in a work day.
    Too many pets. Its about who you know and being french is a super PLUS! Save yourself the grief, you're better off financially and mentally working at the corner deli.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo point in advising, DMMs or brand "president" doesn't care about anyone but herself.

Worked for Redcats? Contribute to the Community!