Redcats Reviews

Updated August 6, 2014
2.6

Redcats Chairman & CEO Jean-Michel NOIR
Jean-Michel NOIR

Pros
  • I made a lot of friends, I was able to maintain a good work/life balance and the office culture was fun, high paced and exciting (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Almost everyone is working long hours and everyone is constantly looking over their should wondering if they are next (in 3 reviews)

• The French and the fact that management basically hires their friends (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Redcats full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, at least when I was there, vacation, sick and personal days, 401K and a competitive salary. I enjoyed the work atmosphere and the professional yet nice people. They leave you alone to get your job done, not micromanaged like most companies.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments.

Hire new people that have fine tuned their communication skills. Maybe seminars on team building may help.

RedCats is a GREAT place to work... as long as you work for the right department

Former Employee - Social Media and Assistant Product Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Social Media and Assistant Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Redcats full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for RedCats for almost 5 years, in a variety of departments, and I loved all of them but the very last one I worked for. I made a lot of friends, I was able to maintain a good work/life balance and the office culture was fun, high paced and exciting!

Cons

The last department I worked for was BrylaneHome... it had a bad reputation and unfortunately when I started working in that department I very quickly learned why. The employees were almost hostile towards each other and coming to work every day was miserable. It was a stark contrast to the 2 other brands I had worked in before (KingSize and BCO) where everyone worked together as a team and was even enjoyable to work with. In addition to their hostility, my boss seemed relatively incompetent and I often picked up the slack, as well as getting blamed for her mistakes - and they were in the dark ages technology compared to their other brands.

For the management team at KingSize and BCO I would tell them to keep up the good work, they were amazing to work for! For the BrylaneHome management team, I think there are immense amounts of improvement that need to happen. It was a miserable environment and a large portion of management mistakes were blamed on lower level employees. If a manager goes through 3 assistants in less than a year... it is not because the assistants are faulty...

Okay as a stepping stone in your career but not a big job opportunity so don't overstay your welcome

Former Employee - Online Marketing & Web Merchandising in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Online Marketing & Web Merchandising in New York, NY

I worked at Redcats full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Due to everyone taking on triple their duties and sometimes crossing department lines, you can learn more than what your job entails and gain skills in many things outside of what you already know.

Sample sales!

30% discount off merchandise

Location of office (in the garment district)

Flexible time (you can choose when you come in - doesn't have to be 9-5 - and work your 8 hours and leave, if you don't have a ton of work sitting on your desk)

Great co-workers (with the exception of upper management)

Cons

Upper management is not helpful at all. They claim its a open door policy but honestly, it feels like they are just doing that to take notes to use later when deciding who to lay off. So if you have a voice or are not a YES person, this might not be the best company for you.

Limited Room for Growth, not much opportunity for promotion. It took me 6 years to get promoted and even then, I had to jump through hoops, beg and wait for my boss to go on vacation to do all of that because she didn't want me to advance and leave the dept.

Company politics plays a huge role in personal growth as well. Your work doesn't hold any value. It's all about favorites and who is well-liked. Many unqualified people have risen in the ranks while over-qualified people have remained in their entry-level positions. Because of this, turnover is high. If you're French, you're golden. You will always have a high level job here. Sometimes at the expense of others.

Every department acts like a separate department, which can make working across different channels challenging.

Office space is small. Even when I finally made it to managerial level, I was put in a tiny cube and was the only manager in a cube in my department. Again, while I did fantastic work, it was all about who you know. I ended up being laid off after being told my position was being eliminated. Only to find out that my position was renamed and added to someone else's workload. So she was left doing my job and hers. The story of Corporate America.

Technology is very outdated to the point where short-cuts and go-arounds are a thing of the norm in order to get your work done.

At this point, I think management will do what they want to do regardless of any advice I have. Just know that you have laid off some great people and loss other great people who have left to work for your competitors. Wonder why?

strong e-commerce platform though now in maintenance mode so less exciting.

Former Employee - Merchandising in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandising in New York, NY

I worked at Redcats full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

leadership, work-life balance, culture, e-commerce

Cons

small margin business = low merit adjustment averages and bonus.

Sales Agent

Current Employee - Sales Agent in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Redcats part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stable hours, could call in so many times, easy to set up your schedule

Cons

call center environment..the feeling of being a caged rat comes to mind....every once in a while you get rude customers....sitting for long hours...

N/A

HORRIBLE!

Former Employee - Bilingual Inbound Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at Redcats part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working early shift 6:am - 2:30 pm, go in early get out early.

Cons

Management INSISTS on the HARD SELL to inbound callers that are offered the CREDIT CARD. Must, must offer it 3 times, even if the Caller is adamant about the offer and refuses to accept the Card offered. This is NOT Explained in the 6 week Training Program before going out to the Live Calls.

Hire Management Team that have a Degree, or some College.

Graphic Designer

I worked at Redcats

Pros

Flexible Schedule and great coworkers.

Cons

Low Pay and bad commute.

Not worth losing your mental sanity

Former Employee - Assistant Product Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Product Manager

I worked at Redcats full-time (less than an year)

Pros

depending on title, you can travel for work
    learned a bit of product development

Cons

everything is needed "yesterday" or "ASAP"
    restructuring of management due to new owners equalled more disarray
    too many impromtu meetings held which interrupted workdays and workload
    too many processes to follow
    too many spreadsheets were created that did not have formal names---and even if they had formal names, they were referenced differently by other words
    colleagues forgetting what they said 5 minutes later
    unfair performance review process

need more structure
    need for project manager to help with deadlines and pushback when necessary

Repetitive, easy, good benefits

Former Employee - Telemarketing Sales Associate in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Telemarketing Sales Associate in El Paso, TX

I worked at Redcats part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, paid vacation, good hours

Cons

Impersonal with supervisors, repetitive, can be boring

Change your adherence policy

good

Current Employee - Online Marketing Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Redcats full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good work environment and good colleagues

Cons

should be open to outside environment