Reddy Ice

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bill Corbin

Great Company to work for!

Driver (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsWhile most companies are challenged with development opportunities, Reddy Ice was the same for a while. Now, under the watchful eyes of CEO Bill Corbin, the company is moving in the right direction! Pay is increasing and becoming more competitive as well as greater opportunities for growth. Seasonal opportunities are good and the company also gives a returning bonus to drivers who come back each year!

ConsThe company is working on getting a better training program together for Drivers. With anyturnaraound of a company, things take time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the company moving forward. Great leadership at the very top!

HORRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsTHEY GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAY I WORKED FOR THEM! Other than that I can't identify any other pros of this job.

ConsTHEY EXIST !! They are incredibly unorganized and expect you to take the blame you for their mess ups. They require mandatory 14 hour workdays even though you aren't paid hourly . Sometimes they want you to work on your off day or they'll threaten to write you up.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and sell the company to somebody who can do better. Respect your employees!!

Don't fall into the trap! !!

Driver (Former Employee) Gaffney, SC

ProsPay is good if you're desperate

ConsLong, ridiculous hours. I worked almost 40 hours in 2 1/2 days. To many jobs for one route and one person. Office and management personnel go home at five while the drivers bust tail to get in at 9 to 11 pm.

Advice to Senior ManagementControl your routes and hours, organization is futile

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Office Personnel

Office Personnel (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThere is not a ONE

Consanagement is OLD need to retire. VERY Forgetful. How does a company keep forgetful
    Management . Pay Sucks . There's one In ther that acts like reddy Ice police . STAY AWAY unless desperate as I was

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire

Very poor management and leadership shown from management positions.

Florida Employee (Current Employee)

ProsA cool job in summer

ConsListening to customer complain because the have to "call in for ice" because we do not service them enough and properly. No company puts profit before customer service like this one. Poor management in OVER there head!!, underpaid, under appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management who care about the customers, not just there pay check! Florida

Terrible, lying corporation.

Driver (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsNothing at all. Could care less about employees and truth. Had a manager only meeting on a Friday to, on the following Monday, escort a number of employees off the property without notice. They thought these employees were not worth keeping, no chance was given.

ConsThey are having us fill out mileage logs starting November 2012 til December 2013 saying it was always a Reddy Ice policy and IRS policy. No manager was aware of this even at the end of the year meeting December 2013. They are having us falsify these logs. No logs have ever been kept. If they have any, it is a lie made within days.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to shut down.

Look elsewhere

Driver (Former Employee) Miami, FL

Prossome of the co workers are great.

ConsHaving to backdate mileage documents for tax purposes makes me feel uneasy. After a managers meeting the managers had to not only let people go, they had to escort them out of the building.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the business before you try to change it.

Stone Cold

Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNever a dull moment, constant chaos

ConsDon't open your mouth, do what you're told, don't offer logic or data-backed suggestions.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Age Discrimination

ProsMedical ins. lunch, vacation if you can get it. There is really nothing else a person can say positive about this new company.

ConsYou can have an impeccable record for over 15 years but if you are older than 40,This new Reddy Ice Corp. Holdings owned now by Centerbridge as of Jan. 2013 eliminates your job or puts you in a position that you do not qualify for only to terminate you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour upper management, I am sure you can figure out what is coming next.

Reddy Ice is in a constant state of transition; this causes considerable turbulence for all levels in the organization.

General Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsReddy Ice has a simple product that is easy to market and sell. There are some really good people that work at Reddy Ice.

ConsPoor employee relations, lack of economies of scale, trying to make a regional business model work on a national level.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak the business up into regional operations with full support staffs; re-distribute most of the labor at corporate out to the field. Push decision making to the lowest level possible.

Worked for Reddy Ice? Contribute to the Community!