RediClinic

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Webster Golinkin

Small company, great people!

Clinician (Current Employee)

I have been working at RediClinic full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat pay, benefits and many opportunities for recognition because it is a small company. I feel rewarded by my manager and my patients.

ConsNot for everyone, as you can see from the reviews of very disgruntled employees who probably lost their job

Advice to Senior ManagementI just opened up this site because I heard about a couple of the negative comments and wanted the opportunity to give an opinion from someone who has been a Clinician for 10 years and with this company for 3. Don't take the negative feedback to heart. This is a great company and we are providing good care to our patients. You allow us to provide good care and are supportive of our ideas to build our practice. I have never had a member of management discuss the cameras in our clinic as stated in other comments. If people are so worried about someone seeing them on a camera (that I always believed was for our safety and no one has proven otherwise), they are probably not doing their job and you should be watching. I've never felt fearful of retaliation and I speak my mind and opinion frequently. I'm sure it is not always what you want to hear, but I appreciate the opportunity. Thank you for listening.

Overworked and underpaid MA

Clinical Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at RediClinic full-time for more than a year

Proswork 3 days out the week with 12 hour shifts

Consa 12 hour shift with a 30 minute lunch break
corporate does not appreciate its employees. they forget they need us at the clinic in order to be succeed.
Those who have NO patient care experience at all make decisions and do NOT have your back at all. if a pt wants antibiotics then the clinician is expected to give the pt what they want.
very high turnover rate - plp literally run out of here both clinicians and MA

Advice to Senior Managementhave your employees back and respect their clinical decisions. If you have no experience in healthcare then who are you to tell a clinician what they are supposed to prescribe. This is not a drive thru clinic where you can order what meds you THINK you need without respecting the clinical decision made.

BEWARE

I have been working at RediClinic full-time for less than a year

ProsPay was the best part of the job

ConsLong hours, management, marketing expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to President, COO, CEO please become more hands on with the staff that actually works in the clinics and stop going off information provided by the PC's, CC's and the VP. RediClinic was by far been the worst company that I've ever worked for!! Management is the worst and that is completely across the board ESPECIALLY in the North Houston Area. The turnover rate is unbelievable and due to everyone resigning and in some cases more than one person a week they expected others to step up to work those extra hours. Let me correct myself they don't expect, they make you if you refuse to volunteer for "EXTRA SHIFTS." Therefore it becomes really unbearable and absolutely no descent work life balance because you're always concerned if you will be assigned a shift on your scheduled day off. Whomever wrote the review below must be one of PA favorites or perhaps it was one of management team. I feel so sorry for the recruiters because they are always looking to fill positions because someone is always quitting and the saddest part is as the VP states, "its not management that's the problem its the employees"...complete BS. The company could be an okay place to work if it wasn't for management, if they took the time to listen to the employees the turnover rate wouldn't be so bad. Also, this is a clinic and we are certified/licensed to take care of patients, not to market the company. Yes, that is correct the clinic staff is expected to market during times when it is slow, and if you do not you run the risk of being reprimanded. I mean seriously this is why the marketing department is being paid so much to market, so why is this the clinics staffs responsibility? In addition the patient care isn't that great either, because if a patient comes into the clinic for an issue that we clearly don't treat the MA is expected not to say anything to the patient, however they must check the patient in, take their copay and send them back so that the PA/NP can inform them they can't assist with the problem. Clearly making this business all about money and not patient care. In regards to the retaliation, this is definitely something that occurs within the company. I know of several employees who would try to speak up in a very respectful way and in turn they would be terminated. Another issue is when someone resigns they never give the real reason they are leaving due to the fact they are afraid of being "retaliated" against and being fired before their 30days. This goes for MA, NP, and PA, they would resign and give bogus reasons as to why they are resigning. The north territory is the worst they can't keep good employees and its clearly the management team in place but everyone is afraid to speak up and tell the truth because at the end of the day everyone needs their job, so they are silent until they find something new. If the CEO and COO don't step up soon then the company will continue to suffer, changes need to be made immediately beginning with VP, PC's, CC's as they are all horrible with the exception of two staff that are in the south.

Beware this company is a nightmare

Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee)

I worked at RediClinic full-time for more than a year

ProsPay was decent and benefits were good

ConsVery long hours with only a lunch break. Management is the worst I have ever worked for

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Support your employees. Don't watch the overhead cameras and then call the clinic to tell an employee that they are 2 minutes late. Build a culture of respect and support not a culture of fear and retaliation.

A 100% vote of no confidence

Physician Assistant (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at RediClinic full-time for more than a year

ProsPay is at or above industry average in the Austin area

ConsFor providers at Rediclinic it has been made abundantly clear that the corporate offices have no idea that revenue is generated in the clinics through the hard work of providers and clinical staff. After watching this company run for over a year, I cannot help but laugh at that the corporate offices as they literally “command” providers to respect them through punishments, threats and assigning inconvenient schedules to providers when they wish to make a point. Rediclinic is a clinical study in how under-educated managers should not attempt to manage manage providers with more education and experience than they have. Teamwork and bringing people who actually see patients into meetings about clinical operations is the correct management style; Rediclinics futile attempts at management are comical picture of one squirrel trying to live off another squirrels nut.

However, management is not a complete failure; they excel at creating contempt and distrust between clinicians and clinical staff. Most of the providers believe this dissension is encouraged because it keeps the providers and medical assistants from providing a united front against the a never ending stream of corporate edicts that come down without the hint of a thought process behind them.

Some of the wonderful management tools I’ve observed include:

The monitoring of clinicians via overhead cameras in the clinics.
    Clinicians having to double enter all vaccinations and injectable medicines; first in the EMR and again by hand in a logbook because the corporate offices cannot manage their inventory correctly.
    I was joking with another provider and told her that she would retire from Rediclinic (The company joke). She started crying and said that it was the meanest thing anyone had ever said to her. Is that a picture of job satisfaction or what?
    Secondary providers writing antibiotic prescriptions and injecting steroids to patients when the attending provider refused. Want to get anything you want at Rediclinic, call corporate and complain. They will order the original provider to change the treatment to the patients commands or bring in one who will.
    A provider being written up for asking a patient to get off the phone during an examination.
    Clinicians, mostly female, were recently told to “put on their big girl panties” by a corporate officer when they complained about the cutback of medical assistants on weekends.
    A supervising physician once asked me how I liked it at Rediclinic, when I said I had only been there a few weeks and hadn’t made up my mind, he told me to wait a month. One clinician was told during her interview that Rediclinic has a high turnover of providers and after she had been there a while she would understand why...

Bonuses are withheld from providers for low patient satisfaction scores. Sadly, corporate does not have the intelligence to realize that these low scores are directly related to their continual “edicts from on high” requiring providers to gather an ever increasing amount of marketing data during patient visits. This data is entered into an extremely cumbersome EMR; I could examine and diagnose a patient in a few minutes in most cases, it took an additional 10 to enter non-pertinent information into the EMR. One clinic had computers so slow they had to be rebooted in-between patients causing additional delay and complaints. This sure sounds like the providers fault to me!

Long term success of a medical corporation that does not have a managerial staff competent enough to recognize that providers must be included in clinical decisions is bleak. Rediclinic will continue to hemorrhage providers and clinical staff until there is a realization that those who generate revenue and see patients have a greater understanding of clinical requirements than those who only follow the crumbs to the trough....

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the skills of handing employees who are better educated and have more experience than you.
Bring providers, the people who actually generate the revenue, in when you make decisions that increase the workload on the clinics to see if it's feasible before declaring an edict.

A growing company that values hardwork, patient satisfaction, and innovation

I have been working at RediClinic full-time for more than a year

Pros- great pay
- opportunities for growth
- feels like I operate my own clinic with support staff
- more autonomy as a Clinician than you would have elsewhere
- suggestions and ideas are respected and listened to
- high standard for 'evidence-based' practice
- patient focused

ConsSimilar to a previous comment - this company is not for every person. You must have a desire for more responsibilites other than a typical NP, PA, or MA position. You have the responsibilites of 'operating' a clinic and you must be flexible. Some personalities thrive in this environment and some do not.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening to your field as you do now, and this company will continue to succeed

Decent Company to Work For...Good Pay!

Health Educator (Former Employee)

I worked at RediClinic full-time

ProsPay is pretty good for starting out

ConsJob can be a bit boring during slow times

I don't know what these other people are talking about

Medical Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at RediClinic full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Pay, Great Bonuses. Management cares about employees and patients. My manager is great and trys to foster my development

ConsSome long days but they were upfront during the interview. Also because of the long days i work 3 1/2 to 4 days a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Nightmare of a company

Clinical Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay- good PTO= great PAs and FNP and MAS

ConsOnly a 30 minute break in a 12 hour shift. Standing up all day. Have to ask to keep pts credit card or debit card on file, have to market, too much work for one person

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have a minimum of 3 people at a clinic to funtion properly

Unappreciated,Used, belittled,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Round Rock, TX

I worked at RediClinic

Proscompetitive pay, Paid time off

ConsDisrespect among the whole company, frequent belittlement, lack of understanding of family values in management. Unappreciate, dishonest

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourselfs in your employees shoes, take a pay cut from the CEO or dont pay your investors and see what kind of reaction you get. We are human beings not slaves or animals you can not dis respect us all the time and expect 100% in return!!!!!!!!!!!! Make better choices, STOP USING YOUR STAFF!!

Worked for RediClinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RediClinic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RediClinic CEO Webster Golinkin. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by RediClinic employees.