RediClinic Reviews

2.8
Webster Golinkin

Medical Assistant

I worked at RediClinic

Pros

Great pay, yep...that's about it.

Cons

Long hours (12 hour shift), retail setting (so sales driven), one 30 minute lunch break for entire shift. Extremely high turnover.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees.

2. certified medical assistant

Former Employee - Medical Assistant/Clinical Assistant in Westminster, MD
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant/Clinical Assistant in Westminster, MD

I worked at RediClinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was a new company and it was exciting to help with that. Great for 6 months but then I was moved into the city, never told that would happen, was no happy there

Cons

The management was very bad they did not know policy and procedure, as well as became a victim of crucification by all the management staff

Advice to Management

Really needed to know how to treat the employees that have been with you from the beginning and try to help them out of the situation that could have been avoided well I say I would never work for the company again

3. Clinical Assistant

I have been working at RediClinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and nice hours

Cons

long days and not enough patients

5. Unprofessional

Current Employee - Clinician in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at RediClinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Higher pay than surrounding positions, but the down side is you do work nights and every other weekend.

Cons

Horrible work/family life balance. Low patient volume, not respected as medical clinic, truly treated as retail with expectations of how to upsell every patient with the claim of providing a service of wellness to the community. They also expect you to market which does include telemarketing (yep thats what I said...telemarketing!!!!)

Advice to Management

Learn the role of medicine. If you want these clinics to be respected by patients and other medical professionals then you can't treat it like retail just because it's in a retail facility. Rediclinic management is making a joke of all the clinicians... Probably why they hire so many new grads... They do what they are told and don't know what their true role as a provider is just yet. The problem with that is you will have poor employee retention and an unprofessional reputation within the medical community.

6. Stay Away

I worked at RediClinic full-time

Pros

Hard to think of any

Cons

Poor management from the very top down.. Clinic management treats employees like children. level up management doesn't do much but visit the clinic with a fake smile and try and convince everyone how great everything is. Very poor communication. You can tell everything at the central office is a mess. Turnover is out of control both at clinics and central office. People dissappear from central office with no explaination. Working in the clinics is bad even though the person hiring trys to paint a pretty picture.

7. VP HR

I have been working at RediClinic full-time

Pros

I've enjoyed being part of this growing company. Great people! Great care model! Great opportunities!

Cons

Open positions, due to recent and upcoming growth! Let us know if you want to join!

Bad company to work for. They treat the staff like robots, and do not listen to employees concerns.

Former Employee - Clinician Assistant
    Former Employee - Clinician Assistant

I worked at RediClinic full-time

Pros

They pay well, however, the money is not worth your dignity as a person.

Cons

They do not care about their employees, I was treated like a animal working for this company. I left for my dignity and respect. Do not work here or you will be disappointed with the outcome. Turn over rate is growing more people leave than stay. I think this company needs to be sued you work 12 hour shifts with only a 30 minute lunch break with no breaks in between.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more, and fire the person that runs all the good employees away. They hired a manager that doesn't care about anything but himself. Embasels...

9. Excellent Company

I have been working at RediClinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hourly pay 3.5 workdays per week No call Great people! Great management!

Cons

Work every other weekend Work many holidays Lonely in clinic sometimes due to lack of co-workers

Average company

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at RediClinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay, the benefits, the days off and co-workers.

Cons

Where to begin! FIRST of all, all those messages that speak of what a fantastic place to work is completely FALSE. That is corporate just making up false reviews for damage control. The hours are long but what makes it so stressful is that you're required to see a patient every fifteen minutes from the moment you open until 30 minutes past closing time with a 30 minute lunch in a 12 hour shift. No one takes into consideration that there's phones to be answered, patients to check in, patients to room and vital, perform rapid tests or blood draws. This is all done by one MA and one PA--no extra help. You are also required to work every other weekend and CONSTANTLY harassed to pick up extra shifts! You have to perform other tasks such as ordering, putting up new signs for advertising, stocking supplies , do inventory counts and just other pointless things and again see a patient every 15 minutes. The turnover rate is ridiculous. You are spied on in the cameras and and called in the clinic if you're not outside your clinic harassing people to come to rediclinic for services on your "down time" (believe me there's no such thing) It must really suck to be disliked by all your employees and although they may not care just know you're constantly in everyone's mouth being talked about in a very negative way! Same goes for all management in the corporate office because everyone knows that the hardest part of your day in a normal day's work is walking over to the break room and making a selection of what flavor coffee to drink next! Since I was there there was ONE good manager that actually made an effort to make our employee experience a good one but he was fired. It seems that when there's actually a good employee they find ways to get rid of them just like they did with him because he knew that rediclinic's expectations were unrealistic and corporate didn't care to listen, it was all about numbers, numbers, numbers! DO NOT TRUST ANYBODY in corporate!!!! If you're overall a good employee who shows up for work, doesn't cause problems, or get any complaints--wait don't get excited, they still won't work with you and accommodate your needs regardless of how long you have served them and been loyal to them. At the end of the day you're just a body filling a spot in a clinic to keep it moving. Future employees: you will NOT have a break room, some clinics don't even have a restroom, you can't really take your lunch so that just became another expense. Be prepared for RUDE patients that walk in ALL day long! Also, the number one question you'll be tired of hearing is......"HOW LONG IS THE WAIT?" I can go on and on AND on ranting about what a negative experience it was because there were more bad days than good one's. The company itself is great, it's just the people managing it that make it so awful.

Advice to Management

Seriously! take care of your employees!! Especially the one's working the clinics, your little fieldworkers! They are the one's who work out there and make the money for the company so you can take a paycheck home and keep your little fancy coffee machine well stocked!

STAY AWAY!

Former Employee - Clinician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Clinician in Houston, TX

I worked at RediClinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay with some flexibility in work schedule, unless they're short

Cons

- Lack of management support for all employees. You can pick up extra shifts and become a team player all you want, but at the end if you need a day off, the tables turn. Management is not on your side if a patient complains. Just remember that! They want you to appease the patient as much as possible. The clinic closes at 8 pm, and if a patient walks in at 8 pm, you are forced to see them anyways. - During the interview process, management will paint a beautiful picture of how the clinic will be. But what they don't tell you is that there is a high turnover rate, poor job satisfaction, and you're often dealing with nonsense from management. - You work every other weekend, but it's more like you work every weekend because the clinics are always short staff. Also, they tell you that you only work 3.5 days out of the week, but basically you work anywhere from 4-5 days because of staffing issues. - Rediclinic does not care about your life outside the clinic. You're basically glued to the job. Rain or shine, you better come to work. During the snow/rain/sleet days in Houston, you were expected to come to work regardless of the hazards on the road! -They will also make you travel to different clinics for no good reason. For instance, one CA's usual clinic is Bunker Hill. So one day they moved the CA from Bunker Hill further west, so that another CA from another clinic can work at Bunker Hill because they were short a CA elsewhere in Houston. Makes no sense! - They have these ridiculous meetings every Tuesday that cuts into your lunch time. The fact that you only receive a 30 minute lunch break for a 12 hour shift is illegal. Also, having your lunch period disturbed is also illegal. Try looking at the Methodist lawsuit, Rediclinic. -There is not enough help at the front desk, and the clinicians will often times pick up after the CA. They really need a second personnel in the front. - Also, don't demonstrate that you can adequately check in a patient if you're a clinician because sometimes they'll let you open and close the clinic by yourself. How unsafe is that!? Some clinicians had said that they pretend to not know how to register patients so that way they can always have a CA with them. - Management will watch you from the security camera that is located in each clinic. When I floated to the North Houston Clinic, the CAs will often times tell me that I need to look like I'm working, otherwise I can get written up. - If you're not busy, you need to market yourself in HEB. I'm a healthcare worker, I didn't go to school for marketing. If you need marketing, hire someone with that particular degree. -During my time there, 2 managers quit at the same time. What does that tell you about the system? All except a few people in management have some sort of medical background. The others are all business majors, so they run the clinic like a business. Sometimes I will see patients who are underserved and I can't assist them because it's not cost effective for them. Also, Rediclinic has this plan (CCPs) where they need to keep patient's credit cards on file. I think this is a scam, because I have had patients call and complain about how they had charges for services they did not even receive on their card. As an employee you are forced to instill this CCP program for every patient no matter what. I have had management refuse service for patients who refuse CCP contract. If you're paying with cash, employees are required to ask for a credit card to leave on file as well. There is a percentage that each clinic must meet at the end of the week regarding new CCP contracts. Rediclinic management will tell you that most healthcare clinics now do this, but they don't. I have worked in many private practices and never have seen this type of services required. -Training for new NPs or PAs - very lacking. They tell you training is for 2-3 weeks. Really the 2-3 weeks is about how to work their computer system, and how to market yourself or phrase things in a way to bring in more customers and money. There's nothing clinical based, so basically they throw you into the water without teaching you how to swim. - Also to mention the CCPs again, there is a contest for this. If your clinic doesn't make a particular quota on them each week, you can get penalized. - They tell initially during the hiring process that employees can get bonuses up to $3000 at a time for their performance. Don't buy into that. I had worked there for 10 months and never received a single check with a bonus. I've even seen over 50 patients one time and not seen anything. -Most employees will stay at the clinic for <1 year. I went on vacation one time, and came back and 4 clinicians had resigned. So hiring and firing are a common occurrence every week. -Rediclinic is the worst place I've ever worked for. I contemplated many times going back to work as a regular staff nurse so that way I can just be happy at what I am doing. Even if it meant to take a huge pay cut.

Advice to Management

- Hire more people with clinical background to run things -Stop the CCPs - Better lunch period, it's unethical -Learn to appreciate your employees. The reason why you have a hire turnover rate is because of job dissatisfaction. Figure out the reason why and fix these things.

RSS Feed </> Embed