RediClinic

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014

Webster Golinkin

Excellent Company

I have been working at RediClinic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hourly pay
    3.5 workdays per week
    No call
    Great people!
    Great management!

Cons

Work every other weekend
    Work many holidays
    Lonely in clinic sometimes due to lack of co-workers

Average company

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at RediClinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay, the benefits, the days off and co-workers.

Cons

Where to begin! FIRST of all, all those messages that speak of what a fantastic place to work is completely FALSE. That is corporate just making up false reviews for damage control. The hours are long but what makes it so stressful is that you're required to see a patient every fifteen minutes from the moment you open until 30 minutes past closing time with a 30 minute lunch in a 12 hour shift. No one takes into consideration that there's phones to be answered, patients to check in, patients to room and vital, perform rapid tests or blood draws. This is all done by one MA and one PA--no extra help. You are also required to work every other weekend and CONSTANTLY harassed to pick up extra shifts! You have to perform other tasks such as ordering, putting up new signs for advertising, stocking supplies , do inventory counts and just other pointless things and again see a patient every 15 minutes. The turnover rate is ridiculous. You are spied on in the cameras and and called in the clinic if you're not outside your clinic harassing people to come to rediclinic for services on your "down time" (believe me there's no such thing) It must really suck to be disliked by all your employees and although they may not care just know you're constantly in everyone's mouth being talked about in a very negative way! Same goes for all management in the corporate office because everyone knows that the hardest part of your day in a normal day's work is walking over to the break room and making a selection of what flavor coffee to drink next! Since I was there there was ONE good manager that actually made an effort to make our employee experience a good one but he was fired. It seems that when there's actually a good employee they find ways to get rid of them just like they did with him because he knew that rediclinic's expectations were unrealistic and corporate didn't care to listen, it was all about numbers, numbers, numbers! DO NOT TRUST ANYBODY in corporate!!!! If you're overall a good employee who shows up for work, doesn't cause problems, or get any complaints--wait don't get excited, they still won't work with you and accommodate your needs regardless of how long you have served them and been loyal to them. At the end of the day you're just a body filling a spot in a clinic to keep it moving.

Future employees: you will NOT have a break room, some clinics don't even have a restroom, you can't really take your lunch so that just became another expense.

Be prepared for RUDE patients that walk in ALL day long! Also, the number one question you'll be tired of hearing is......"HOW LONG IS THE WAIT?"

I can go on and on AND on ranting about what a negative experience it was because there were more bad days than good one's. The company itself is great, it's just the people managing it that make it so awful.

Seriously! take care of your employees!! Especially the one's working the clinics, your little fieldworkers! They are the one's who work out there and make the money for the company so you can take a paycheck home and keep your little fancy coffee machine well stocked!

STAY AWAY!

Former Employee - Clinician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Clinician in Houston, TX

I worked at RediClinic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay with some flexibility in work schedule, unless they're short

Cons

- Lack of management support for all employees. You can pick up extra shifts and become a team player all you want, but at the end if you need a day off, the tables turn. Management is not on your side if a patient complains. Just remember that! They want you to appease the patient as much as possible. The clinic closes at 8 pm, and if a patient walks in at 8 pm, you are forced to see them anyways.
    - During the interview process, management will paint a beautiful picture of how the clinic will be. But what they don't tell you is that there is a high turnover rate, poor job satisfaction, and you're often dealing with nonsense from management.
    - You work every other weekend, but it's more like you work every weekend because the clinics are always short staff. Also, they tell you that you only work 3.5 days out of the week, but basically you work anywhere from 4-5 days because of staffing issues.
    - Rediclinic does not care about your life outside the clinic. You're basically glued to the job. Rain or shine, you better come to work. During the snow/rain/sleet days in Houston, you were expected to come to work regardless of the hazards on the road!
    -They will also make you travel to different clinics for no good reason. For instance, one CA's usual clinic is Bunker Hill. So one day they moved the CA from Bunker Hill further west, so that another CA from another clinic can work at Bunker Hill because they were short a CA elsewhere in Houston. Makes no sense!
    - They have these ridiculous meetings every Tuesday that cuts into your lunch time. The fact that you only receive a 30 minute lunch break for a 12 hour shift is illegal. Also, having your lunch period disturbed is also illegal. Try looking at the Methodist lawsuit, Rediclinic.
    -There is not enough help at the front desk, and the clinicians will often times pick up after the CA. They really need a second personnel in the front.
    - Also, don't demonstrate that you can adequately check in a patient if you're a clinician because sometimes they'll let you open and close the clinic by yourself. How unsafe is that!? Some clinicians had said that they pretend to not know how to register patients so that way they can always have a CA with them.
    - Management will watch you from the security camera that is located in each clinic. When I floated to the North Houston Clinic, the CAs will often times tell me that I need to look like I'm working, otherwise I can get written up.
    - If you're not busy, you need to market yourself in HEB. I'm a healthcare worker, I didn't go to school for marketing. If you need marketing, hire someone with that particular degree.
    -During my time there, 2 managers quit at the same time. What does that tell you about the system? All except a few people in management have some sort of medical background. The others are all business majors, so they run the clinic like a business. Sometimes I will see patients who are underserved and I can't assist them because it's not cost effective for them. Also, Rediclinic has this plan (CCPs) where they need to keep patient's credit cards on file. I think this is a scam, because I have had patients call and complain about how they had charges for services they did not even receive on their card. As an employee you are forced to instill this CCP program for every patient no matter what. I have had management refuse service for patients who refuse CCP contract. If you're paying with cash, employees are required to ask for a credit card to leave on file as well. There is a percentage that each clinic must meet at the end of the week regarding new CCP contracts. Rediclinic management will tell you that most healthcare clinics now do this, but they don't. I have worked in many private practices and never have seen this type of services required.
    -Training for new NPs or PAs - very lacking. They tell you training is for 2-3 weeks. Really the 2-3 weeks is about how to work their computer system, and how to market yourself or phrase things in a way to bring in more customers and money. There's nothing clinical based, so basically they throw you into the water without teaching you how to swim.
    - Also to mention the CCPs again, there is a contest for this. If your clinic doesn't make a particular quota on them each week, you can get penalized.
    - They tell initially during the hiring process that employees can get bonuses up to $3000 at a time for their performance. Don't buy into that. I had worked there for 10 months and never received a single check with a bonus. I've even seen over 50 patients one time and not seen anything.
    -Most employees will stay at the clinic for <1 year. I went on vacation one time, and came back and 4 clinicians had resigned. So hiring and firing are a common occurrence every week.
    -Rediclinic is the worst place I've ever worked for. I contemplated many times going back to work as a regular staff nurse so that way I can just be happy at what I am doing. Even if it meant to take a huge pay cut.

- Hire more people with clinical background to run things
    -Stop the CCPs
    - Better lunch period, it's unethical
    -Learn to appreciate your employees. The reason why you have a hire turnover rate is because of job dissatisfaction. Figure out the reason why and fix these things.

A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Conroe, TX

I have been working at RediClinic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

salary, benefits, tuition reimbursement, vacation time

Cons

open all holidays except Easter and Christmas

Management is fair and supportive

Thanks! Glad to hear it

Absolutely enjoyed working for RediClinic, not sure where all the negative comments are coming from. I left due to move.

Former Employee - Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at RediClinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Made to feel part of the team and appreciated. Empowered to do my job with the right tools.

Cons

It was just too far for me to drive.

Nothing...loved everyone that I worked with. Working for RediClinic, felt like you were working with family.

May 22, 2014VP HR

Thanks for taking the time to review and provide positive feedback. I'm sorry the drive didn't work out. Houston is such a big place!

Home away from home

Current Employee - Clinician in Houston, TX

I have been working at RediClinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, great schedule and even better people. I love my job, my-co-workers and manager. Great team work.

Cons

Working independently is not for everyone. Clinics stay busy, short lunch (but I would rather have short lunch than stay later).

Keep listening to your team members no matter how much we grow. Your support has always been genuine and that is always appreciated. Thank you.

May 22, 2014VP HR

Thanksfor the review! Always great to hear from our employees on what is going well.

Overworked and underpaid MA

Current Employee - Clinical Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at RediClinic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

work 3 days out the week with 12 hour shifts

Cons

a 12 hour shift with a 30 minute lunch break
    corporate does not appreciate its employees. they forget they need us at the clinic in order to be succeed.
    Those who have NO patient care experience at all make decisions and do NOT have your back at all. if a pt wants antibiotics then the clinician is expected to give the pt what they want.
    very high turnover rate - plp literally run out of here both clinicians and MA

have your employees back and respect their clinical decisions. If you have no experience in healthcare then who are you to tell a clinician what they are supposed to prescribe. This is not a drive thru clinic where you can order what meds you THINK you need without respecting the clinical decision made.

May 22, 2014VP HR

Thank you for your feedback. It's always good to know what we can improve on.

Small company, great people!

Current Employee - Clinician in Houston, TX

I have been working at RediClinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits and many opportunities for recognition because it is a small company. I feel rewarded by my manager and my patients.

Cons

Not for everyone, as you can see from the reviews of very disgruntled employees who probably lost their job

I just opened up this site because I heard about a couple of the negative comments and wanted the opportunity to give an opinion from someone who has been a Clinician for 10 years and with this company for 3. Don't take the negative feedback to heart. This is a great company and we are providing good care to our patients. You allow us to provide good care and are supportive of our ideas to build our practice. I have never had a member of management discuss the cameras in our clinic as stated in other comments. If people are so worried about someone seeing them on a camera (that I always believed was for our safety and no one has proven otherwise), they are probably not doing their job and you should be watching. I've never felt fearful of retaliation and I speak my mind and opinion frequently. I'm sure it is not always what you want to hear, but I appreciate the opportunity. Thank you for listening.

May 22, 2014VP HR

Thanks for the great feedback!

BEWARE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at RediClinic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was the best part of the job

Cons

Long hours, management, marketing expectations

Advice to President, COO, CEO please become more hands on with the staff that actually works in the clinics and stop going off information provided by the PC's, CC's and the VP. RediClinic was by far been the worst company that I've ever worked for!! Management is the worst and that is completely across the board ESPECIALLY in the North Houston Area. The turnover rate is unbelievable and due to everyone resigning and in some cases more than one person a week they expected others to step up to work those extra hours. Let me correct myself they don't expect, they make you if you refuse to volunteer for "EXTRA SHIFTS." Therefore it becomes really unbearable and absolutely no descent work life balance because you're always concerned if you will be assigned a shift on your scheduled day off. Whomever wrote the review below must be one of PA favorites or perhaps it was one of management team. I feel so sorry for the recruiters because they are always looking to fill positions because someone is always quitting and the saddest part is as the VP states, "its not management that's the problem its the employees"...complete BS. The company could be an okay place to work if it wasn't for management, if they took the time to listen to the employees the turnover rate wouldn't be so bad. Also, this is a clinic and we are certified/licensed to take care of patients, not to market the company. Yes, that is correct the clinic staff is expected to market during times when it is slow, and if you do not you run the risk of being reprimanded. I mean seriously this is why the marketing department is being paid so much to market, so why is this the clinics staffs responsibility? In addition the patient care isn't that great either, because if a patient comes into the clinic for an issue that we clearly don't treat the MA is expected not to say anything to the patient, however they must check the patient in, take their copay and send them back so that the PA/NP can inform them they can't assist with the problem. Clearly making this business all about money and not patient care. In regards to the retaliation, this is definitely something that occurs within the company. I know of several employees who would try to speak up in a very respectful way and in turn they would be terminated. Another issue is when someone resigns they never give the real reason they are leaving due to the fact they are afraid of being "retaliated" against and being fired before their 30days. This goes for MA, NP, and PA, they would resign and give bogus reasons as to why they are resigning. The north territory is the worst they can't keep good employees and its clearly the management team in place but everyone is afraid to speak up and tell the truth because at the end of the day everyone needs their job, so they are silent until they find something new. If the CEO and COO don't step up soon then the company will continue to suffer, changes need to be made immediately beginning with VP, PC's, CC's as they are all horrible with the exception of two staff that are in the south.

Beware this company is a nightmare

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I worked at RediClinic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay was decent and benefits were good

Cons

Very long hours with only a lunch break. Management is the worst I have ever worked for

Listen to your employees. Support your employees. Don't watch the overhead cameras and then call the clinic to tell an employee that they are 2 minutes late. Build a culture of respect and support not a culture of fear and retaliation.