RediClinic

Add Photos

Webster Golinkin

A Great Place to Work

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) Conroe, TX

Prossalary, benefits, tuition reimbursement, vacation time

Consopen all holidays except Easter and Christmas

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is fair and supportive

Thanks! Glad to hear it

STAY AWAY!

Clinician (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPay with some flexibility in work schedule, unless they're short

Cons- Lack of management support for all employees. You can pick up extra shifts and become a team player all you want, but at the end if you need a day off, the tables turn. Management is not on your side if a patient complains. Just remember that! They want you to appease the patient as much as possible. The clinic closes at 8 pm, and if a patient walks in at 8 pm, you are forced to see them anyways.
    - During the interview process, management will paint a beautiful picture of how the clinic will be. But what they don't tell you is that there is a high turnover rate, poor job satisfaction, and you're often dealing with nonsense from management.
    - You work every other weekend, but it's more like you work every weekend because the clinics are always short staff. Also, they tell you that you only work 3.5 days out of the week, but basically you work anywhere from 4-5 days because of staffing issues.
    - Rediclinic does not care about your life outside the clinic. You're basically glued to the job. Rain or shine, you better come to work. During the snow/rain/sleet days in Houston, you were expected to come to work regardless of the hazards on the road!
    -They will also make you travel to different clinics for no good reason. For instance, one CA's usual clinic is Bunker Hill. So one day they moved the CA from Bunker Hill further west, so that another CA from another clinic can work at Bunker Hill because they were short a CA elsewhere in Houston. Makes no sense!
    - They have these ridiculous meetings every Tuesday that cuts into your lunch time. The fact that you only receive a 30 minute lunch break for a 12 hour shift is illegal. Also, having your lunch period disturbed is also illegal. Try looking at the Methodist lawsuit, Rediclinic.
    -There is not enough help at the front desk, and the clinicians will often times pick up after the CA. They really need a second personnel in the front.
    - Also, don't demonstrate that you can adequately check in a patient if you're a clinician because sometimes they'll let you open and close the clinic by yourself. How unsafe is that!? Some clinicians had said that they pretend to not know how to register patients so that way they can always have a CA with them.
    - Management will watch you from the security camera that is located in each clinic. When I floated to the North Houston Clinic, the CAs will often times tell me that I need to look like I'm working, otherwise I can get written up.
    - If you're not busy, you need to market yourself in HEB. I'm a healthcare worker, I didn't go to school for marketing. If you need marketing, hire someone with that particular degree.
    -During my time there, 2 managers quit at the same time. What does that tell you about the system? All except a few people in management have some sort of medical background. The others are all business majors, so they run the clinic like a business. Sometimes I will see patients who are underserved and I can't assist them because it's not cost effective for them. Also, Rediclinic has this plan (CCPs) where they need to keep patient's credit cards on file. I think this is a scam, because I have had patients call and complain about how they had charges for services they did not even receive on their card. As an employee you are forced to instill this CCP program for every patient no matter what. I have had management refuse service for patients who refuse CCP contract. If you're paying with cash, employees are required to ask for a credit card to leave on file as well. There is a percentage that each clinic must meet at the end of the week regarding new CCP contracts. Rediclinic management will tell you that most healthcare clinics now do this, but they don't. I have worked in many private practices and never have seen this type of services required.
    -Training for new NPs or PAs - very lacking. They tell you training is for 2-3 weeks. Really the 2-3 weeks is about how to work their computer system, and how to market yourself or phrase things in a way to bring in more customers and money. There's nothing clinical based, so basically they throw you into the water without teaching you how to swim.
    - Also to mention the CCPs again, there is a contest for this. If your clinic doesn't make a particular quota on them each week, you can get penalized.
    - They tell initially during the hiring process that employees can get bonuses up to $3000 at a time for their performance. Don't buy into that. I had worked there for 10 months and never received a single check with a bonus. I've even seen over 50 patients one time and not seen anything.
    -Most employees will stay at the clinic for <1 year. I went on vacation one time, and came back and 4 clinicians had resigned. So hiring and firing are a common occurrence every week.
    -Rediclinic is the worst place I've ever worked for. I contemplated many times going back to work as a regular staff nurse so that way I can just be happy at what I am doing. Even if it meant to take a huge pay cut.

Advice to Senior Management- Hire more people with clinical background to run things
    -Stop the CCPs
    - Better lunch period, it's unethical
    -Learn to appreciate your employees. The reason why you have a hire turnover rate is because of job dissatisfaction. Figure out the reason why and fix these things.

Home away from home

Clinician (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood pay, good benefits, great schedule and even better people. I love my job, my-co-workers and manager. Great team work.

ConsWorking independently is not for everyone. Clinics stay busy, short lunch (but I would rather have short lunch than stay later).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your team members no matter how much we grow. Your support has always been genuine and that is always appreciated. Thank you.

May 22, 2014

Thanksfor the review! Always great to hear from our employees on what is going well.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolutely enjoyed working for RediClinic, not sure where all the negative comments are coming from. I left due to move.

Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMade to feel part of the team and appreciated. Empowered to do my job with the right tools.

ConsIt was just too far for me to drive.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing...loved everyone that I worked with. Working for RediClinic, felt like you were working with family.

May 22, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review and provide positive feedback. I'm sorry the drive didn't work out. Houston is such a big place!

Overworked and underpaid MA

Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Proswork 3 days out the week with 12 hour shifts

Consa 12 hour shift with a 30 minute lunch break
    corporate does not appreciate its employees. they forget they need us at the clinic in order to be succeed.
    Those who have NO patient care experience at all make decisions and do NOT have your back at all. if a pt wants antibiotics then the clinician is expected to give the pt what they want.
    very high turnover rate - plp literally run out of here both clinicians and MA

Advice to Senior Managementhave your employees back and respect their clinical decisions. If you have no experience in healthcare then who are you to tell a clinician what they are supposed to prescribe. This is not a drive thru clinic where you can order what meds you THINK you need without respecting the clinical decision made.

May 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It's always good to know what we can improve on.

Small company, great people!

Clinician (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat pay, benefits and many opportunities for recognition because it is a small company. I feel rewarded by my manager and my patients.

ConsNot for everyone, as you can see from the reviews of very disgruntled employees who probably lost their job

Advice to Senior ManagementI just opened up this site because I heard about a couple of the negative comments and wanted the opportunity to give an opinion from someone who has been a Clinician for 10 years and with this company for 3. Don't take the negative feedback to heart. This is a great company and we are providing good care to our patients. You allow us to provide good care and are supportive of our ideas to build our practice. I have never had a member of management discuss the cameras in our clinic as stated in other comments. If people are so worried about someone seeing them on a camera (that I always believed was for our safety and no one has proven otherwise), they are probably not doing their job and you should be watching. I've never felt fearful of retaliation and I speak my mind and opinion frequently. I'm sure it is not always what you want to hear, but I appreciate the opportunity. Thank you for listening.

May 22, 2014

Thanks for the great feedback!

BEWARE

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPay was the best part of the job

ConsLong hours, management, marketing expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to President, COO, CEO please become more hands on with the staff that actually works in the clinics and stop going off information provided by the PC's, CC's and the VP. RediClinic was by far been the worst company that I've ever worked for!! Management is the worst and that is completely across the board ESPECIALLY in the North Houston Area. The turnover rate is unbelievable and due to everyone resigning and in some cases more than one person a week they expected others to step up to work those extra hours. Let me correct myself they don't expect, they make you if you refuse to volunteer for "EXTRA SHIFTS." Therefore it becomes really unbearable and absolutely no descent work life balance because you're always concerned if you will be assigned a shift on your scheduled day off. Whomever wrote the review below must be one of PA favorites or perhaps it was one of management team. I feel so sorry for the recruiters because they are always looking to fill positions because someone is always quitting and the saddest part is as the VP states, "its not management that's the problem its the employees"...complete BS. The company could be an okay place to work if it wasn't for management, if they took the time to listen to the employees the turnover rate wouldn't be so bad. Also, this is a clinic and we are certified/licensed to take care of patients, not to market the company. Yes, that is correct the clinic staff is expected to market during times when it is slow, and if you do not you run the risk of being reprimanded. I mean seriously this is why the marketing department is being paid so much to market, so why is this the clinics staffs responsibility? In addition the patient care isn't that great either, because if a patient comes into the clinic for an issue that we clearly don't treat the MA is expected not to say anything to the patient, however they must check the patient in, take their copay and send them back so that the PA/NP can inform them they can't assist with the problem. Clearly making this business all about money and not patient care. In regards to the retaliation, this is definitely something that occurs within the company. I know of several employees who would try to speak up in a very respectful way and in turn they would be terminated. Another issue is when someone resigns they never give the real reason they are leaving due to the fact they are afraid of being "retaliated" against and being fired before their 30days. This goes for MA, NP, and PA, they would resign and give bogus reasons as to why they are resigning. The north territory is the worst they can't keep good employees and its clearly the management team in place but everyone is afraid to speak up and tell the truth because at the end of the day everyone needs their job, so they are silent until they find something new. If the CEO and COO don't step up soon then the company will continue to suffer, changes need to be made immediately beginning with VP, PC's, CC's as they are all horrible with the exception of two staff that are in the south.

Beware this company is a nightmare

Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee)

ProsPay was decent and benefits were good

ConsVery long hours with only a lunch break. Management is the worst I have ever worked for

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Support your employees. Don't watch the overhead cameras and then call the clinic to tell an employee that they are 2 minutes late. Build a culture of respect and support not a culture of fear and retaliation.

A 100% vote of no confidence

Physician Assistant (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPay is at or above industry average in the Austin area

ConsFor providers at Rediclinic it has been made abundantly clear that the corporate offices have no idea that revenue is generated in the clinics through the hard work of providers and clinical staff. After watching this company run for over a year, I cannot help but laugh at that the corporate offices as they literally “command” providers to respect them through punishments, threats and assigning inconvenient schedules to providers when they wish to make a point. Rediclinic is a clinical study in how under-educated managers should not attempt to manage manage providers with more education and experience than they have. Teamwork and bringing people who actually see patients into meetings about clinical operations is the correct management style; Rediclinics futile attempts at management are comical picture of one squirrel trying to live off another squirrels nut.

However, management is not a complete failure; they excel at creating contempt and distrust between clinicians and clinical staff. Most of the providers believe this dissension is encouraged because it keeps the providers and medical assistants from providing a united front against the a never ending stream of corporate edicts that come down without the hint of a thought process behind them.

Some of the wonderful management tools I’ve observed include:

The monitoring of clinicians via overhead cameras in the clinics.
        Clinicians having to double enter all vaccinations and injectable medicines; first in the EMR and again by hand in a logbook because the corporate offices cannot manage their inventory correctly.
        I was joking with another provider and told her that she would retire from Rediclinic (The company joke). She started crying and said that it was the meanest thing anyone had ever said to her. Is that a picture of job satisfaction or what?
        Secondary providers writing antibiotic prescriptions and injecting steroids to patients when the attending provider refused. Want to get anything you want at Rediclinic, call corporate and complain. They will order the original provider to change the treatment to the patients commands or bring in one who will.
        A provider being written up for asking a patient to get off the phone during an examination.
        Clinicians, mostly female, were recently told to “put on their big girl panties” by a corporate officer when they complained about the cutback of medical assistants on weekends.
        A supervising physician once asked me how I liked it at Rediclinic, when I said I had only been there a few weeks and hadn’t made up my mind, he told me to wait a month. One clinician was told during her interview that Rediclinic has a high turnover of providers and after she had been there a while she would understand why...

Bonuses are withheld from providers for low patient satisfaction scores. Sadly, corporate does not have the intelligence to realize that these low scores are directly related to their continual “edicts from on high” requiring providers to gather an ever increasing amount of marketing data during patient visits. This data is entered into an extremely cumbersome EMR; I could examine and diagnose a patient in a few minutes in most cases, it took an additional 10 to enter non-pertinent information into the EMR. One clinic had computers so slow they had to be rebooted in-between patients causing additional delay and complaints. This sure sounds like the providers fault to me!

Long term success of a medical corporation that does not have a managerial staff competent enough to recognize that providers must be included in clinical decisions is bleak. Rediclinic will continue to hemorrhage providers and clinical staff until there is a realization that those who generate revenue and see patients have a greater understanding of clinical requirements than those who only follow the crumbs to the trough....

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the skills of handing employees who are better educated and have more experience than you.
    Bring providers, the people who actually generate the revenue, in when you make decisions that increase the workload on the clinics to see if it's feasible before declaring an edict.

A growing company that values hardwork, patient satisfaction, and innovation

(Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros- great pay
    - opportunities for growth
    - feels like I operate my own clinic with support staff
    - more autonomy as a Clinician than you would have elsewhere
    - suggestions and ideas are respected and listened to
    - high standard for 'evidence-based' practice
    - patient focused

ConsSimilar to a previous comment - this company is not for every person. You must have a desire for more responsibilites other than a typical NP, PA, or MA position. You have the responsibilites of 'operating' a clinic and you must be flexible. Some personalities thrive in this environment and some do not.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue listening to your field as you do now, and this company will continue to succeed

Worked for RediClinic? Contribute to the Community!