Redknee

3.7

Lucas Skoczkowski

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great learning experience

Current Employee - Solution Delivery Specialist II in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Solution Delivery Specialist II in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Redknee full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and lot to learn

Cons

Work gets repetitive if you don't move around

Improve office culture and provide professional training to employees

In-different behavior within company locations

Current Employee - Solution Delivery Specialist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Solution Delivery Specialist in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Redknee full-time

Pros

You will never get bore of doing repetitive work. Always on toes and challenges up for you. You actually feel that you are contributing to the success of the company.

Cons

Policies are not very friendly any more, budget constraints are killing the morale and lay-offs too. Forgetting the hard and best work put the employees for all these years and making Redknee The Redknee which has acquired big part of NSN.

Policy should be employee friendly as we are moving away from that. All the hard and extra hours of work put by employee gets use to get compensated by providing the flexibility in working hours or whatever employee needs the most after he proven himself. Delaying and hardening of employee friendly practices and policies will have cascade effects not only on actual productivity but the edge which he use to deliver while highly motivated. I am hopeful situation is continuously monitored by high management before its too late.

Great place to start your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Redknee full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lot of opportunities to grow, great work life balance, amazing CEO.

Cons

Office politics, lot of turnover over and over again.

Great place to get experience if you're willing to working hard

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Redknee full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will be given the opportunity to go from design, development to operational support. You will be given the tools but you have to dig in deep yourself to solve problems and do them quickly. Immediate managers and team leads are great, will support you genuinely. Everyone around you is very busy, so if you have specific questions you'll get help. You will be recognized for the good work you do. Once you are accustomed to the team you have good flexibility in terms of work/life balance.

Cons

There used to be a major disconnect between the upper and Immediate managers, the middle management was chaotic, and have heard of many false promises. It seems to have gotten better over the last year but I'm still not confident about them. The ramp-up time is short and not everyone has the time to help, which is sometimes stressful.

Upper management seem to be doing better job over the past year so I would encourage to keep going in right direction.

Sweatshop where I learned all the hard lessons of coding

Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Redknee full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and lots of fun to work here. I loved the atmosphere and moving up the ranks very quickly. My first job out of school and it taught me a lot about what it took to get a product working.

Cons

Lots of turn-over, so there wasn't much in the way of stability. Random layoffs were a big problem that I would've like to not see happen so often. The monthly company meeting was a bit of a joke.

I love the fact that my shares are worth something after all these years! Great job.

Results Oriented and High Skilled Environment

Current Employee - Software Programmer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Programmer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Redknee as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

-It's all about the work, you get credit for how fast you learn and if you are able to deliver

-No one will get pissed of at you if you finish you work quick, they will give you as much work as you can take

-QAs here are the best i had ever seen, if I was a little less than I am, I will get stormed by them technically

-seen quite a few smart people here although not everyone is

-there is opportunity for advancement if you perform well

-it's a huge company that bought out Nokia offering a results oriented culture

-flex hours really helped after you had proved yourself

-nice coworkers and alot of hard working people

-you get recognized for your skills if you are very good at what you do

Cons

-it the majority of the managers are good but there are exceptions

-there are alot meetings to attend and it occurs during early in the morning as meetings often include coworkers from India that are in different time zones

-there is alot of talk going on about system developement as I only beleive actions speaks louder than words

-The overtime I did was the most I ever done in my life as usaully OT is not a problem for me but the OT here really took a toll on me (unpaid BTW)

-I got thrown into something that I had never done in my life and was expected to learn it all on my own, the training support I got was ridiculous, I got given a resource that didnt know anything about the technical piece I was working on and was told that I was dumb when I never did this before which I had pulled through myself and a little help from one of the good architects in the later stages of training, but glad I finally felt some love from the company to know that someone actually cares

-coworkers were good at what they do, but they had so much work that no one wants to answer my questions when i was learning and one dude even tell me wrong answers for me to know that I should depend on myself

-technical pieces gets outsourced easier, so if you are not the best, you can get laid off due to outsourcing and the dudes in India arent the brightest people, just hard working and cheap to hire

-keep your hard working culture consistent throughout the company

Everything I do today is mainly based on what I learned at Redknee

Former Employee - Product Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Redknee full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn
    Culture of 'just get it done'

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge

Good

Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Redknee

Pros

Good experience, friendly people, lots of opportunitues, big company, challenging with great support to help you really learn as much as you can

Cons

Not a lot of interns, not a lot of cross-functional opportunities, heavy workload, can be stressful at times especially near deadlines,

Nice company to start career or develop middle management skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Redknee

Pros

Great people, flexible work hours.

Cons

- Long and sometimes odd work hours with early morning and late night calls
    - Promotions at the senior management level very difficult for existing employees. Management seems to favour hiring externally for these positions
    - Company unable to grow beyond current revenues

Great place to learn and work but Company is not growing as fast I would like it to grow

I have been working at Redknee

Pros

Totally free and open culture.
    Face paced with no red tape
    Open communication.
    Excellent IT

Cons

Company's revenue is not growing as fast as I would like it too.
    Senior Level management executive changes happen quite often
    There is not enough communication from leadership and strategy and growth

Senior Level Management and Leadership must actively communicate strategy and growth initiative, results and explain major changes to executive and senior management positions which happen quite often.