Redmane Technology

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014
3.2

Tony Lakier

Good company but they have management problems

Former Employee - Java Programmer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Java Programmer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Redmane Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice staff, very friendly. easy work schedule, you can choose the hours you like to work. great and helpful people. their interview process was reasonable as well. I had to take a java coding test which I think was a great idea. that way company make the right judgement of each candidate. their offer was less than the market price though but benefits were good. but as a start, I can say that it is a good company where you can gain experience and move forward.

Cons

I couldn't see any problems.

Good Company to work for

I worked at Redmane Technology

Pros

Great upper managment who will listen to you.

Cons

Lot of politics between employees. Salaries are okay compared to the market.

Not a place to grow

Former Employee - Curam Software Developer
    Former Employee - Curam Software Developer

I worked at Redmane Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office environment, free cokes and snacks, good location, nice building, easy parking, working hours flexible if your project manager allows

Cons

Very old-fashioned ways of working here. Don't really practice real Agile or Waterfall. No working from home. Employees must move to different cubicles when a project changes. Most of the people that have been there longest are unfriendly like a click. High turnover.

Need to update the way you do things and manage more fair. Promote people because what they know and do not your favorites who aren't good workers or your family

Excellent company to work for, if software design is your thing

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Redmane Technology

Pros

- Excellent work/life balance: Like any consulting job, there are times when projects demand long work hours. However, you are well compensated for those hours (either through cash or additional vacation time)
    - Very open and friendly atmosphere: The people there are extremely talented and experienced, but I can't honestly think of anyone there with an inflated ego. The company has done a good job at promoting a friendly culture where everybody is willing to help
    - Easy access to management: One of the perks of being a small company, I suppose. You interact a lot with management through lunches, company events, etc. Any grievances can easily be voiced
    - Recognition for work: Again, since it's a relatively small company, employees feel that their work is valued and they're not just cogs in a big machine.
    - Strong emphasis on doing what's right for the client: The work is usually of very high quality, and the company tries to develop a sense of honesty, responsibility, and integrity. It's the rare company that realizes that putting the client first ultimately serves the company's best interests.
    - Free snacks, soda, and coffee: nuff said.

Cons

- Little chances for career advancement: The organizational structure is relatively flat (intentionally so, I think). One problem with that is the work can get boring and repetitive, depending on which project you're on. If you get tired of what you're doing, it's not easy to switch to something else, as there are only so many projects.

You guys are doing a good job; keep it up! I just hope that as the company grows, the same spirit will remain.

Great place to work at but limited growth opportunities

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Redmane Technology

Pros

Good work life balance
    Management very understanding of personal situations
    Fun place to work at
    Relaxed and casual work atmosphere

Cons

Limited growth opportunities
    Projects are too long term - Its not uncommon for people to stay on the same project for 4+ years
    Very few opportunitites to have a leadership role within the organization as it's already too top heavy

Offer better career and growth opportunitites to employees
    Offer variety in terms of the roles one can perform at the firm (verticals or horizontals)

Stay away, they will real you in then SCREW you

Current Employee - Technical Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Technical Business Analyst

I have been working at Redmane Technology

Pros

- Pay is good, you can negotiate effectively for pretty much every thing, as long as you know how to bring your demands to HR
    - Nothing else

Cons

-Management Sucks
    -Management takes client side without knowing all the facts
    -Very unrealistic with what they want you to do and expect from you, but they do not provide training to get you there.
    -You must use they way, but you have to figure it out your self
    -Full of themselves bu offering free Soda and snacks, big deal go down the street and you pay a couple of bucks for the same.
    -All the above make me feel uncomfortable at the job and realy contemplating a move.

Get you affairs in order with your people or just shut it down.
    Reputation is very bad in the industry.