Reebok

Updated January 9, 2015
3.2

Reebok President Uli Becker
Uli Becker

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance, Great Relationships & People (in 16 reviews)

• reebok working environment is too good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, there is a lack of clear strategy and common goals from Senior Management (in 8 reviews)

• Upper Management does not care about the little people (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I have been working at Reebok full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A very good work atmosphere. Also provides many opportunities for personal growth with employee training.

Cons

Some challenge moving up, and salaries are generally lower than the mean.

Good ole boys culture that encourages backstabbing and lies

Current Employee - Team Leader in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Reebok full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Discount is good. Works at rebook and adidas. Not much else good to say. They reward for lies and tattling.

Cons

Paperwork training. Area and district managers ASK for dirt on assistant and store managers, if you don't have any, they ask you to find some for promotion. Very sketchy.

Upper managers are shady and a liability. You are a law suit waiting to happen. I was asked constantly about me sm and asm and their performance. My area manager promised promotions for poor evals and false info, looking for a new job

Great potential, but weak brand management

I worked at Reebok

Pros

Great campus and facilities. The spirit of the company feels young, energetic and ambitious.

Cons

External brand perception limits the success of most product or marketing initiatives.

Perhaps worth looking at a deeper brand focus beyond crossfit!? Can this niche avenue support such a large global brand....

Great company to work for with lots of opportunities.

Former Employee - Development Apparel in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Development Apparel in Canton, MA

I worked at Reebok full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun place to work. A lot of amenities: good benefits, Starbucks, gym, dry cleaning, large cafe, track around building.

Cons

They should do more to promote work- life balance for working parents. I wish they offered job share, part time, & work from home part of the week opportunities.

Offer job share & part time positions. I think employees would be twice as productive in the time they are at work, because they don't have 40 hours that week to complete all of the work.

Slightly above Average

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Reebok full-time

Pros

Awesome Benefits, very relaxed dress code, pretty decent work life balance, moderately competitive salary. An overall good company to work for. As in any case, it depends much on the people you work with shoulder to shoulder on a daily basis. My experience was great 3/4ths of my time there.

Cons

Huge changes being executed by Adidas, and yet there is an obvious lack of direction and vision.
    Unless you're in a pretty high-volume store, there is NEVER enough payroll to accomplish and complete tasks. If you're a salaried manager like I was, you are stuck working 45-55 hour work weeks. Not worth it. This was never an issue before all the changes implemented in 2014. The last few months of my career with Reebok were unpleasant do to a shift in management. I worked under a manager who is pushy, oppinionated, unreasonable and whose life is totally immersed in the company, and expected the same from me. Had I not worked with other managers and experienced a heathy and happy, non-hostile work environment during my time with Reebok, I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone else, ever.

Execute changes, after a clear vision is set.

Great company

I have been working at Reebok full-time

Pros

Benefits - challenging job - great gym - crossfit rocks

Cons

politics, pay is low, Adidas holds all the cards

kill the politics and get more done

Emphasis on Sales and Performance

Former Employee - Third Key Holder in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Third Key Holder in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Reebok full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent employee discount. Initial training during store opening was in depth and regional manager was hands on and readily available.
    Fun sales contests for employees and friendly competitions with other Rebook Outlets.
    Excellent brand which makes it easy to get excited about on the sales floor.
    Company stands by their product 100% with valuable warranty's and easy to understand return/exchange policies.

Cons

Time off requests required employees to find their own replacement for a shift, including management. Not unreasonable except 3rd Key Holder was not allowed to use any employee below them or salaried manager to cover their shift which left them no alternatives.
      3rd Key Holder has no guarantee of full time hours, even though the job description says full time. Shifts acting as manager on duty were required but employee was subject to intense review from store manager after every shift.
    3rd Key Holder, while acting as manager on duty, was required to open and close the store alone. However, employee was restricted from certain managerial duties and actions regarding customers.
    Part-Time employees were not guaranteed hours.
    Frequent employee and manager turnover.
    Employees do not work on commission but are required to fill a sales and item per transaction quota each shift which was subject to review each week.
    Required sales quota made for a stressful work environment.
    Intense scrutiny from store manager created a stressful work environment.

Store manager should allow staff to do their jobs as per their job description. Consider their opinions on store merchandising and sales strategies to optimize their talents and production within the company.
    When you ask for suggestions and opinions, don't be so quick to dismiss them because you disagree with them.
     Give management the benefit of the doubt and stop relying on employee gossip to determine how your managers are performing.
    Do not tell your current employee during an interview for an advanced position, that you are confident they can do the job but you are hiring someone else!
    Realize that customers come first and the world will not stop if one single bin is not completely filled the night before or a mirror was not polished. Employees are paid hourly and any time over their schedule is severely frowned upon so something might be missed.

Great people. Lots of change.

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Reebok full-time

Pros

Fabulous building. Friendly people.

Cons

Consistently in a state of change.

Typical americanized retailer...

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Reebok full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-networking opportunities
    -opportunities to move up/ increase potential
    -fast paced working environment
    -excellent benefits package
    -great discount across affiliated brands

Cons

-long hours/ minimal pay
    -challenges in attracting and retaining talent
    -difficult environment to be passionate in your role
    -high expectations with little to no recognition/ incentive to drive results
    -constant change in processes and procedure, consistently trying to adapt to a new culture. Very little time to evaluate processes when constantly adapting to new

More focus on European style work ethic. Less focus on hitting targets, and more 'people focus' (customers and employees). Understand your employees want you to succeed, but you need to show your employees a sense of ownership and stability

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Reebok full-time

Pros

Reebok is filled with talented and passionate people! The Fitness Strategy is focused, and the employees truly live the Brand. It is a "work hard/play hard" environment. Very team focused.

Cons

Reebok is very focused on it's mission, and needs employees that are all in on that mission - very driven and committed. If you are at that point in your career, then this is the perfect place for you. If you are looking for a part time position, or to "slow" down a bit, Reebok might not be the place for you at this time. The manager's are very flexible, but the teams are lean.

Reebok Photos

Outside the Reebok world headquarter office located in Canton, MA (Photo by Coolcaesar - available under CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0 & GFDL, v1.151)

+ Add Photo