Reed Construction Data

2.0
Peter de Mönnink

Inside Sales

I worked at Reed Construction Data

Pros

If you are not restricted to territory you can make some money. The bid deals would be split with a senior rep that will assist you with the closing.

Cons

Good Ole Boy Network. Not a fun and encouraging place to work. They don't believe in a work and family life balance.

2. I enjoyed working at Reed Construction Data. They had a good salary with great commissions and good benefits as well!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great commissions, good salary, great benefits as well as 401k, tuition reimbursement, long term and short term disability. good company to work for

Cons

Turnover was a bit high but overall a good company. The training was good and it was paid.

Advice to Management

Consider continuing education.

3. Good Inside Sales Position if U know Sales force.com

I worked at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, tenured people work there you can learn from. Managers are knowledgeable

Cons

The training was not the best but that could have been due to them bringing in someone from the outside vs internal

Advice to Management

You have a good model, if not having to relocate would loved to have stayed

Toxic Environment

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits such as PTO and 401k. Easy to make friends with other Co-workers. Training is so-so.

Cons

Meetings are long and not useful for development. Over worked with the territories. No extra compensation for training others. Most Managers and other upper management are not approachable and unfriendly. Management always ask for input to improve the company overall but they do not listen or implement these suggestions. TPS is a joke. You will be happy somewhere else

Advice to Management

Listen to the workers (busy bees). People here have no trust in management and have grown in negativity for the company.

The more you know, the less satisfied you will be.

Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist
    Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid time off at 18 days pretty much always approved, health insurance, 401k with 5% match.

Cons

Supervisors do not value employees, contributing to a demotivating workplace. Managers promote deceit and untruthfulness in order to achieve and surpass company goals. Upper management refuses to promote from within in order to better select candidates in line with those characteristics they desire. Those put in place to uphold the quality of our product and data play favorites, allowing for friends to slack while holding others to a much higher standard. Many of the company processes are asinine, rewarding those undeserving and taking away from those putting forth tremendous effort. Without care, they promote a "revolving door" environment.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Unfortunately there have been numerous, yet unsuccessful, attempts to improve company culture.

7. Thankful for my position at Reed Construction Data

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work here include the managers. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining, but I personally, am very happy to work for my manager. I think the current management team in Research is wonderful. They are very open and honest. They respect us as adults and don't micromanage. They give us the tools and resources we need to get our job done. When we need help, they encourage us and give us the advice and education that we need.
    The benefits are better than most companies I've worked for. The insurance is great, the 401K match is great. We get more days of PTO than some places. I like the new relaxing breakroom and will always love the 25 cent drinks!

Cons

I'd like to see more of a work-life balance as far as flex-time. I'd also like to see the ability to work overtime if we find it necessary. Research has a lot of work to do on a daily basis and sometimes it would be nice to do some of the data entry at the end of the day.
    I'd like to see more energy in the Research area. It can be a drag coming in every day to do the same old thing. Let's make it a little more fun. We work hard and should be able to squeeze in a little break sometimes. Even if it's just to sing "Happy Birthday" or say "Congratulations on your promotion."
    I also believe that the base pay for Research is a little low for the amount of work and data we produce on a daily basis.
    There are administrative assistants who make more per year than the Researchers make.

Advice to Management

Promises, promises. We've been told that there would be more transparency, but there has not been a change. We were told that we would see new carpet, and nothing has been done.

Also, you want to boost morale? Get rid of the people who complain all the time. Some of us are very happy to be here and get tired of hearing all the negativity day in and day out.

Fun, growing company...

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've tired of the endless negative reviews of this business. Far too many disgruntled employees have chosen to air their misguided grievances in a public forum in a thinly veiled attempt at "revenge".

I've worked here for a long time and I'll give you the truth:

- Yes, the benefits are great. The 401k match is outstanding; if you put in 7%, they match and then add 2%.
    - Reed Elsevier sold a 51% stake to Warburg Pincus, the growth investor. Trust me, that's a good thing.
    - It's a fun place to work with the majority of the employees staying very engaged.
    - From what we've been told the business is growing.
    - The products are innovative and cool.
    - Great central location just off PIB in Norcross.

Yes, there are bad managers - shocker - every business has them. Every business also has whiny, entitled employees that drone on about actually having to do work, bringing down the morale of their coworkers.

I'm all for sharing opinions on Glass Door - good and bad - but I think we should use this forum to post something meaningful, something of substance, something that gives job seekers a real window into the place, rather than incessant whining because your manager told you to do something. Get over it!

Cons

Let's continue the honesty trend:

- The building has a bad layout and the grey cubicles are tired. The carpet is very dirty and needs to be replaced. We were promised a reconfiguration of the cubicles but it never happened.
    - More needs to be done to eliminate bad managers. Especially in Research!!!
    - The new CEO is rarely around and promised transparency, yet his blog is updated infrequently.

Advice to Management

Follow through guys ... walk the walk.

Avoid like the plague!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Reed Construction Data

Pros

Co-workers are pretty nice. They voice the same concerns as you most of the time. Cokes are $.25 each at the store.

Cons

Took me over 2 months to get my benefits started.
    Pay is horrible for the work you do.
    Bad management needs to shape up or ship out.
    Something in the air makes you cough the entire time you're in the building.
    No matter if you're right about something, the manager's favorites are always right and you're wrong.
    Favoritism is RAMPANT in this company! If you're not one of the favorites then you might as well leave because you will get walked on. I have been threatened by management numerous times for PETTY things, like talking to my co-workers while working and having my cell phone on my desk.
    If you think I'm some entitled kid spouting off on a public forum, you may want to check your status in the company on my last statement.

Advice to Management

Learn what your employees actually do. Stop playing favorites; we're adults, not children.

10. Source Relationship

Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NOTHING! One star is too many for this dump! PTO is needed to sustain your sanity. The people are ok, but you have to wonder about those who choose to stay at a dead end job for so many years.

Cons

So many! Management is a complete joke! The director is horrible & middle management are micro-managers who will stand & watch what time you leave for lunch, or even when you go to the bathroom. They wouldn't make it at a reputable company. All they do is forward reports & threaten you. The reports are ridiculous & the employees that are doing well are playing the system. It's a miserable & toxic environment. People have left on the spot, but for some reason HR seems to be clueless about what's going on.

Advice to Management

Dump them all! They offer no support or guidance. Also, get rid of the TPS report, as long as this is the performance tool, employee dissatisfaction will continue.

11. Overload of work and terrible managing

I have been working at Reed Construction Data

Pros

PTO MUCH NEEDED AT THIS JOB, benefits

Cons

Managers almost never respond, overload of work, when someone is out guess who is taking their place....U. No direction recently sold. Depressing place to work, very monotonous. Since being some changes are going to happen, used to be a good company when I first started has gone down in quality of training.

Advice to Management

Lessen the workload pay does not correlate with work. Get rid of tps reports and quality of work is not recoginized shady ethics of some workers to do well on tps.