Reed Construction Data

2.1

Peter de Mönnink

Thankful for my position at Reed Construction Data

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work here include the managers. I'm not sure why everyone is complaining, but I personally, am very happy to work for my manager. I think the current management team in Research is wonderful. They are very open and honest. They respect us as adults and don't micromanage. They give us the tools and resources we need to get our job done. When we need help, they encourage us and give us the advice and education that we need.
    The benefits are better than most companies I've worked for. The insurance is great, the 401K match is great. We get more days of PTO than some places. I like the new relaxing breakroom and will always love the 25 cent drinks!

Cons

I'd like to see more of a work-life balance as far as flex-time. I'd also like to see the ability to work overtime if we find it necessary. Research has a lot of work to do on a daily basis and sometimes it would be nice to do some of the data entry at the end of the day.
    I'd like to see more energy in the Research area. It can be a drag coming in every day to do the same old thing. Let's make it a little more fun. We work hard and should be able to squeeze in a little break sometimes. Even if it's just to sing "Happy Birthday" or say "Congratulations on your promotion."
    I also believe that the base pay for Research is a little low for the amount of work and data we produce on a daily basis.
    There are administrative assistants who make more per year than the Researchers make.

Promises, promises. We've been told that there would be more transparency, but there has not been a change. We were told that we would see new carpet, and nothing has been done.

Also, you want to boost morale? Get rid of the people who complain all the time. Some of us are very happy to be here and get tired of hearing all the negativity day in and day out.

Fun, growing company...

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've tired of the endless negative reviews of this business. Far too many disgruntled employees have chosen to air their misguided grievances in a public forum in a thinly veiled attempt at "revenge".

I've worked here for a long time and I'll give you the truth:

- Yes, the benefits are great. The 401k match is outstanding; if you put in 7%, they match and then add 2%.
    - Reed Elsevier sold a 51% stake to Warburg Pincus, the growth investor. Trust me, that's a good thing.
    - It's a fun place to work with the majority of the employees staying very engaged.
    - From what we've been told the business is growing.
    - The products are innovative and cool.
    - Great central location just off PIB in Norcross.

Yes, there are bad managers - shocker - every business has them. Every business also has whiny, entitled employees that drone on about actually having to do work, bringing down the morale of their coworkers.

I'm all for sharing opinions on Glass Door - good and bad - but I think we should use this forum to post something meaningful, something of substance, something that gives job seekers a real window into the place, rather than incessant whining because your manager told you to do something. Get over it!

Cons

Let's continue the honesty trend:

- The building has a bad layout and the grey cubicles are tired. The carpet is very dirty and needs to be replaced. We were promised a reconfiguration of the cubicles but it never happened.
    - More needs to be done to eliminate bad managers. Especially in Research!!!
    - The new CEO is rarely around and promised transparency, yet his blog is updated infrequently.

Follow through guys ... walk the walk.

Avoid like the plague!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Reed Construction Data

Pros

Co-workers are pretty nice. They voice the same concerns as you most of the time. Cokes are $.25 each at the store.

Cons

Took me over 2 months to get my benefits started.
    Pay is horrible for the work you do.
    Bad management needs to shape up or ship out.
    Something in the air makes you cough the entire time you're in the building.
    No matter if you're right about something, the manager's favorites are always right and you're wrong.
    Favoritism is RAMPANT in this company! If you're not one of the favorites then you might as well leave because you will get walked on. I have been threatened by management numerous times for PETTY things, like talking to my co-workers while working and having my cell phone on my desk.
    If you think I'm some entitled kid spouting off on a public forum, you may want to check your status in the company on my last statement.

Learn what your employees actually do. Stop playing favorites; we're adults, not children.

Source Relationship

Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (more than an year)

Pros

NOTHING! One star is too many for this dump! PTO is needed to sustain your sanity. The people are ok, but you have to wonder about those who choose to stay at a dead end job for so many years.

Cons

So many! Management is a complete joke! The director is horrible & middle management are micro-managers who will stand & watch what time you leave for lunch, or even when you go to the bathroom. They wouldn't make it at a reputable company. All they do is forward reports & threaten you. The reports are ridiculous & the employees that are doing well are playing the system. It's a miserable & toxic environment. People have left on the spot, but for some reason HR seems to be clueless about what's going on.

Dump them all! They offer no support or guidance. Also, get rid of the TPS report, as long as this is the performance tool, employee dissatisfaction will continue.

monotonous

I have been working at Reed Construction Data

Pros

good people, easy going, benefits

Cons

boring, recently sold, poor training, too automated, pay does not correlate with responsibility

Overload of work and terrible managing

I have been working at Reed Construction Data

Pros

PTO MUCH NEEDED AT THIS JOB, benefits

Cons

Managers almost never respond, overload of work, when someone is out guess who is taking their place....U. No direction recently sold. Depressing place to work, very monotonous. Since being some changes are going to happen, used to be a good company when I first started has gone down in quality of training.

Lessen the workload pay does not correlate with work. Get rid of tps reports and quality of work is not recoginized shady ethics of some workers to do well on tps.

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Norcross, GA

I worked at Reed Construction Data full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent, but not great benefits. PTO is ok, but not the best available. Good, hard working people in the trenches. Learn how to cold call which is valuable.

Cons

Management. The good old boys club that run sales is full of a bunch of bumbling fools that have known each other and favored each other for years. All but one or two have little chance of succeeding outside of the organization. I can think of one in particular who has no chance of gaining respect in an environment full of professionals rather than entry levels bedazzled by spreadsheets and temper tantrums. Look at the blanket response by HR in some of these reviews to gain a perspective of how much they really care about these reviews. Low pay, high pressure and brainless solutions that are no better than the rest are other negatives.

Try and keep your job if you can, your BS won't work in many other places.

Account manager

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Reed Construction Data

Pros

The PTO policy, you need it to stay sane. Other than that, nothing at all. I can't think of anything positive.

Cons

Like all of these other reviews, EVERYTHING is a con. Upper sales management is more worried about their friends getting ahead rather than those who actually do their job and work hard. Middle management is absolutely worthless and show the same favoritism in regards to leads and sales. They manage with negativity, drama and intimidation. The place is an absolute nightmare. It is the most negative/hostile work environment that I have ever been a part of.

Quit, you don't have a clue what you are doing.

Good Opportunity for skills (not professional) growth. Not the greatest environment.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You become part of a solid organization with solid tools to help you hone our outbound skills. If you can't be successful here and grow your skills with the tools provided, you either aren't trying or you need to try something else.

Also, good benefits, time off, community service leave, etc.

Cons

Environment was (at times) poisonous, and the company was so focused on sales that they didn't invest as much in Account Managers and others resourced dedicated to maximizing retention, which again put more pressure on Sales.

From what I understand, much of what I listed has been addressed. Either way, I've moved on, so I can't really give them advice on the present.

Good company, great benefits.

Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has good benefits since they are part of Reed Elsevier. As an IT staff member I had a good work environment.

Cons

Work as part of a global team. This isn't bad, but it means you have to communicate UK based mentality to the US business who doesn't think the same way.

Really need to make sure key members of teams are being taken care of appropriately.