Reed Construction Data

Updated May 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter de Mönnink

Good Opportunity for skills (not professional) growth. Not the greatest environment.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsYou become part of a solid organization with solid tools to help you hone our outbound skills. If you can't be successful here and grow your skills with the tools provided, you either aren't trying or you need to try something else.

Also, good benefits, time off, community service leave, etc.

ConsEnvironment was (at times) poisonous, and the company was so focused on sales that they didn't invest as much in Account Managers and others resourced dedicated to maximizing retention, which again put more pressure on Sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom what I understand, much of what I listed has been addressed. Either way, I've moved on, so I can't really give them advice on the present.

Good company, great benefits.

Operations Engineer (Current Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsThe company has good benefits since they are part of Reed Elsevier. As an IT staff member I had a good work environment.

ConsWork as part of a global team. This isn't bad, but it means you have to communicate UK based mentality to the US business who doesn't think the same way.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally need to make sure key members of teams are being taken care of appropriately.

Toxic work environment

Source RElationship Specialist (Former Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsPaid Time Off Policy is good but you will need it with the way you are treated and the amount of unnecessary stress that you will be under.

ConsEverything else.. Unobtainable goals which impacts if you get a raise or not, constantly being setup for failure. Always changing things up but never following through with the first change before making new ones. All of the good people who worked for Reed in the past are all jumping ship to new and better things. Human Resources department is the absolute worst. I am Caucasian and can tell you that minorities are not treated well. Minorities are placed in entry level positions and never given promotions. As a former loyal employee I highly advise against pursuing a job at this company. This company isn't going to make it, there are just too many issues facing this company that works against it's success. The parent company is going to sell off this "asset" soon imo. RCD does not have a CEO or CCO and the positions have been open for a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better, the environment is beyond toxic and suffocating.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Full-time for 10 years in research/reporting.. so many changes since my start & lots of changes in upper mgmt.

Private Researcher (Former Employee)

ProsPay & benefits were good. PTO was great if scheduled.. hopfully u don't have a sick kid or could get wrote up if call in more than 3 times in a calendar year. Honestly not sure why I stayed so long.. so much happier now.
    Did make some great contacts with the customers.. some contractors really did enjoy this service but there are many out there that do not and have no problem telling u that.

ConsExtremely high workload and goals. Lots of cold calling and phone work... minimum # of calls that need to made per day and its tracked! Feels more like a sales/telemarketing position. The tution reimbursement changed and was not able to get any of my classes reimbursed. Management is not very helpful all they would say is to make more phone calls, really!?! It didn't matter I was never doing enough.. wouldn't take lunch and worked late... still wasn't able to meet their goals in the end... eventhough in the past I had received several awards including Reporter of the Year. So many changes in upper management I couldn't keep track. Sent some work overseas mostly data entry but they would call your contacts.. they would get so mad when someone else would call that couldn't speak english... not cool! Very, very little room to move up in this department.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more closely the workload you are asking your employees and allow time for them to reach these goals. Focus on a more team approach everyone is out for themselves struggling and taking eachothers customers & projects trying to make these goals.

Run as fast as you can

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNone except those who suffer

ConsToo many to list here

Good people - Bad management

ProsGreat benefits and great interaction with coworkers.

ConsUpper management has no clue and middle managers are spineless to stand up for what's right. Every walks in fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some construction experience! Treat your teams and you would want to be treated...stop micro-managing. If you treat people with respect, they will give you all they have.

If you have any self worth... DO NOT WORK HERE... I REPEAT DO NOT WORK HERE!

ProsBenefits, PTO .. umm nothing else

ConsManagement is awful, they have no clue about the day to day. The people who should be in charge aren't. If you value your sanity go clean bathrooms at the airport, you'd be better appreciated. One of the RCD "Values" is Valuing Our People... that is the biggest joke I've EVER heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe good loyal employees... are hitting the road jack and never coming back! Upper management needs to get rid of the micro-managers.. this is a hostile work environment!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Was a good company, but has gone down significantly in the last few year

(Former Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsHas allot of very good employee in research/reporter positions. Good PTO and Benifits.

ConsSpends too much on Offshore talent at the expense of good data, continues to get rid of people with knowledge of industry in favor of new hires. Data is becoming more and more questionable as they are entered live in India and not corrected/updated/verified in the states until sometime later. Upper management doesn't listen to it's midlevel managers, and forces them to micromanage their staff even when that staff is producing at a very high level. Used to be an exciting and fun place to work, new ideas all the time, now they believe that the number of projects is the most important thing, and that speed is more important then Quality and Accuracy. I used to love this company by the time I left I hated it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCultivate knowledge and talent among existing staff. Stop playing lip service to how important staff is and start treating them as if they are important. Cheap is not always best, you get what you pay for.

Up beat environment

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsThe lead source was superb

ConsIts a very high turn off over company

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to train current reps that are short on their quoted. Stop hiring new reps and concentrate on current team members.

NOT the place to be!

Source RElationship Specialist (Current Employee)
    Norcross, GA

ProsThe dress-code is now relaxed and the atmosphere is relaxed as well. Flex time is available. Benefits are okay.

ConsInstead of promoting from within, management continues to employ new hires with little or no knowledge of the industry. No opportunities for growth. It's all about who you know. Company continues to lose revenue year after year. Failed attempt at a divestiture. Used to be a fun place to work, but pressure from upper management to achieve impossible goals has ruined the morale of the organization; not to mention management sending a significant portion of our work off-shore to India. No one in management listens or seems to genuinely care. They smile in your face and stab you in the back. Being constantly lied to by management is normal. The rate of pay they offer is a joke. No bonuses unless you work in sales. If we get raises, it's less than one percent. I could go on for days....

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to your employees and ACT louder than you speak!!! Or just resign already.

Worked for Reed Construction Data? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reed Construction Data reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reed Construction Data CEO Peter de Mönnink. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Reed Construction Data employees.