Reed Construction Data

1.7

Peter de Mönnink

Fun, growing company...

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've tired of the endless negative reviews of this business. Far too many disgruntled employees have chosen to air their misguided grievances in a public forum in a thinly veiled attempt at "revenge".

I've worked here for a long time and I'll give you the truth:

- Yes, the benefits are great. The 401k match is outstanding; if you put in 7%, they match and then add 2%.
    - Reed Elsevier sold a 51% stake to Warburg Pincus, the growth investor. Trust me, that's a good thing.
    - It's a fun place to work with the majority of the employees staying very engaged.
    - From what we've been told the business is growing.
    - The products are innovative and cool.
    - Great central location just off PIB in Norcross.

Yes, there are bad managers - shocker - every business has them. Every business also has whiny, entitled employees that drone on about actually having to do work, bringing down the morale of their coworkers.

I'm all for sharing opinions on Glass Door - good and bad - but I think we should use this forum to post something meaningful, something of substance, something that gives job seekers a real window into the place, rather than incessant whining because your manager told you to do something. Get over it!

Cons

Let's continue the honesty trend:

- The building has a bad layout and the grey cubicles are tired. The carpet is very dirty and needs to be replaced. We were promised a reconfiguration of the cubicles but it never happened.
    - More needs to be done to eliminate bad managers. Especially in Research!!!
    - The new CEO is rarely around and promised transparency, yet his blog is updated infrequently.

Follow through guys ... walk the walk.

monotonous

I have been working at Reed Construction Data

Pros

good people, easy going, benefits

Cons

boring, recently sold, poor training, too automated, pay does not correlate with responsibility

Source Relationship

Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

NOTHING! One star is too many for this dump! PTO is needed to sustain your sanity. The people are ok, but you have to wonder about those who choose to stay at a dead end job for so many years.

Cons

So many! Management is a complete joke! The director is horrible & middle management are micro-managers who will stand & watch what time you leave for lunch, or even when you go to the bathroom. They wouldn't make it at a reputable company. All they do is forward reports & threaten you. The reports are ridiculous & the employees that are doing well are playing the system. It's a miserable & toxic environment. People have left on the spot, but for some reason HR seems to be clueless about what's going on.

Dump them all! They offer no support or guidance. Also, get rid of the TPS report, as long as this is the performance tool, employee dissatisfaction will continue.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overload of work and terrible managing

I have been working at Reed Construction Data

Pros

PTO MUCH NEEDED AT THIS JOB, benefits

Cons

Managers almost never respond, overload of work, when someone is out guess who is taking their place....U. No direction recently sold. Depressing place to work, very monotonous. Since being some changes are going to happen, used to be a good company when I first started has gone down in quality of training.

Lessen the workload pay does not correlate with work. Get rid of tps reports and quality of work is not recoginized shady ethics of some workers to do well on tps.

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Norcross, GA

I worked at Reed Construction Data full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent, but not great benefits. PTO is ok, but not the best available. Good, hard working people in the trenches. Learn how to cold call which is valuable.

Cons

Management. The good old boys club that run sales is full of a bunch of bumbling fools that have known each other and favored each other for years. All but one or two have little chance of succeeding outside of the organization. I can think of one in particular who has no chance of gaining respect in an environment full of professionals rather than entry levels bedazzled by spreadsheets and temper tantrums. Look at the blanket response by HR in some of these reviews to gain a perspective of how much they really care about these reviews. Low pay, high pressure and brainless solutions that are no better than the rest are other negatives.

Try and keep your job if you can, your BS won't work in many other places.

Account manager

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Reed Construction Data

Pros

The PTO policy, you need it to stay sane. Other than that, nothing at all. I can't think of anything positive.

Cons

Like all of these other reviews, EVERYTHING is a con. Upper sales management is more worried about their friends getting ahead rather than those who actually do their job and work hard. Middle management is absolutely worthless and show the same favoritism in regards to leads and sales. They manage with negativity, drama and intimidation. The place is an absolute nightmare. It is the most negative/hostile work environment that I have ever been a part of.

Quit, you don't have a clue what you are doing.

Good Opportunity for skills (not professional) growth. Not the greatest environment.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

You become part of a solid organization with solid tools to help you hone our outbound skills. If you can't be successful here and grow your skills with the tools provided, you either aren't trying or you need to try something else.

Also, good benefits, time off, community service leave, etc.

Cons

Environment was (at times) poisonous, and the company was so focused on sales that they didn't invest as much in Account Managers and others resourced dedicated to maximizing retention, which again put more pressure on Sales.

From what I understand, much of what I listed has been addressed. Either way, I've moved on, so I can't really give them advice on the present.

Good company, great benefits.

Current Employee - Operations Engineer  in  Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has good benefits since they are part of Reed Elsevier. As an IT staff member I had a good work environment.

Cons

Work as part of a global team. This isn't bad, but it means you have to communicate UK based mentality to the US business who doesn't think the same way.

Really need to make sure key members of teams are being taken care of appropriately.

Full-time for 10 years in research/reporting.. so many changes since my start & lots of changes in upper mgmt.

Former Employee - Private Researcher
    Former Employee - Private Researcher

I worked at Reed Construction Data full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay & benefits were good. PTO was great if scheduled.. hopfully u don't have a sick kid or could get wrote up if call in more than 3 times in a calendar year. Honestly not sure why I stayed so long.. so much happier now.
    Did make some great contacts with the customers.. some contractors really did enjoy this service but there are many out there that do not and have no problem telling u that.

Cons

Extremely high workload and goals. Lots of cold calling and phone work... minimum # of calls that need to made per day and its tracked! Feels more like a sales/telemarketing position. The tution reimbursement changed and was not able to get any of my classes reimbursed. Management is not very helpful all they would say is to make more phone calls, really!?! It didn't matter I was never doing enough.. wouldn't take lunch and worked late... still wasn't able to meet their goals in the end... eventhough in the past I had received several awards including Reporter of the Year. So many changes in upper management I couldn't keep track. Sent some work overseas mostly data entry but they would call your contacts.. they would get so mad when someone else would call that couldn't speak english... not cool! Very, very little room to move up in this department.

Consider more closely the workload you are asking your employees and allow time for them to reach these goals. Focus on a more team approach everyone is out for themselves struggling and taking eachothers customers & projects trying to make these goals.

Toxic work environment

Former Employee - Source RElationship Specialist  in  Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA

I worked at Reed Construction Data full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid Time Off Policy is good but you will need it with the way you are treated and the amount of unnecessary stress that you will be under.

Cons

Everything else.. Unobtainable goals which impacts if you get a raise or not, constantly being setup for failure. Always changing things up but never following through with the first change before making new ones. All of the good people who worked for Reed in the past are all jumping ship to new and better things. Human Resources department is the absolute worst. I am Caucasian and can tell you that minorities are not treated well. Minorities are placed in entry level positions and never given promotions. As a former loyal employee I highly advise against pursuing a job at this company. This company isn't going to make it, there are just too many issues facing this company that works against it's success. The parent company is going to sell off this "asset" soon imo. RCD does not have a CEO or CCO and the positions have been open for a year.

Treat your employees better, the environment is beyond toxic and suffocating.

Worked for Reed Construction Data? Contribute to the Community!