Reedy Industries

Reedy Industries Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bill Reedy

Decent company with many great people, Mechanical side of business is undergoing many positive changes.

Sales Engineer (Former Employee)
Bensenville, IL

I worked at Reedy Industries full-time for less than a year

ProsReedy Industries is a very financially strong company which provides the necessary capital to do things other companies cant. Mechanical group has some very good technicians, many of which have been with company for 20 years plus. Sales staff are all very decent people who try there best to take care of there customers. GM (RMC Mechanical) is honest with his people and is not a micro manager, he allows his team the flexibility to work in a manner that best suits there personalities and styles. The office ladies are all very friendly and helpful. Management had an open forum with there employees and as result have listened to concerns and are currently making sweeping changes in the organization that will ultimately create a much more streamlined operation.

ConsSome layers of support staff are missing creating more work for the sales force than they would typically be responsible for, although I believe this may be changing. The ability to go after some larger projects is challenging due to the previous comment, so the sales team is sort of limited as to what they could effectively go after. Lastly, there were some issues with quality control as a result of the last comments that required extra attention in order to rectify.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou listened to what your people asked for and needed in order to do a better overall job for the company, and that was fantastic on your part. My only advice would be to insure you follow thru with your planned modifications and changes so that your credibility remains high with your teams.

Once great now not so great

Lombard, IL

I worked at Reedy Industries full-time

ProsCo-workers, customers & most technicans

ConsUpper management & their inability to grasp the employees value vs. going for most money to be had

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat once was a family owned business that the family took great interest in has been relegated to individuals who don't have the experience and have formed a clique who do not take any information, suggestions and rule with the threat of firing someone who does offer input

I totally disagree with the post of Jun 10th.

I worked at Reedy Industries full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI worked for this company for more than 15 years. Was a great place to work when times were good and the company was run by the founder’s son who always was and still is a fine and decent individual.

ConsThe current president and CEO is neither fine nor decent and lack the knowledge and business acumen for success.

Advice to Senior ManagementI doubt they are capable of recognizing meaningful constructive criticism.

Once a good place to work

Cooking Tec (Current Employee)
Lombard, IL

ProsWas a great place to work for 17

ConsThe last 2 years were constantly threatened with nasty emails The only way they control their technicians is to constantly threaten their jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up your good technicians are now working for your competition

different

I worked at Reedy Industries full-time for more than 10 years

Prosit used to have a very good reputation, with good people.

ConsRun by a spoiled rich kid who doesn't listen to anyone . The quality of the management has suffered greatly, because the top people can't recognize talent. They say that they want "A " performers, but to do so you have to be one yourself . They really hire people who can take orders, keep their mouth shut and not have any real ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Management group doesn't listen so why bother.

Great Place to Work and Grow!

General Manager (Current Employee)
Bensenville, IL

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time for more than 3 years

ProsReedy Industries is the largest and best HVAC company in the Midwest. Everyday we strive to be a World Class service provider. With over 300 trained HVAC professionals we can perform any project that you throw at us! The company is all about personal and professional growth which is why we average over 20 years of experience with the company. The company is also very involved with giving back to the community through the work of Reedy Cares.

ConsSince we are so committed to providing a low cost solution to our customers, we have really become lean and mean in the overhead department. This leads to wearing multiple hats and sometime that translates into longer hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with our vision of transformational growth. This leads to more opportunities to promote our great people into higher positions.

A rewarding 16 years in a challenging economic climate.

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)
Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time for more than 10 years

ProsA family company that makes you feel you are part of the family.
Very solid financial foundation.
Always encouraging growth for the company and employees.
Rewards employees with recognition and financial benefits.

ConsVery competitive industry with some less than desirable competitors who promise more than they know they can deliver.
Due to economic conditions, there are fewer construction opportunities and less emphasis on preventive maintenance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat plans in place. We certainly have to be consistent and tenacious in our efforts to achieve our desired results.

Outstanding people, leadership, integrity, and charitable to the community.

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAn outstanding place to have a career . Why ? Great people, leadership, integrity, and charitable to the community ( as shown by building a playground for deserving children ). All in all, I highly recommend this company.

ConsThe only "Con " is this company might not be for everyone. They want high integrity, hard working, results oriented people. If this is you it is a great place to work,

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it going. An great atmosphere of winning , integrity, clearly defined results.

A great company with a record of growth and financial stability

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time for more than 8 years

ProsReedy Industries is a company that recognizes and rewards employees who produce results. It is a financially stable company that is able to take the long view of business. This means that tough decisions can be made and implemented, resulting in solid long-term growth and stability. It provides career opportunities for those interested in advancement.

ConsIf you're not goal-oriented and interested in success, this is not the company for you. Every employee is evaluated; no hiding out in a corner at this organization!

Where do you see yourself in the next 30 years?

Sales/Service Supervisor (Current Employee)
Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI see myself with Reedy Industries for the rest of my career. I Have been with three other companies and none of them have had the financial backing to allow us to grow and better serve our customers as Reedy Industries does.This company has proven to me in the last 5 years that they are here stay.
They follow through with everything they say and provide an opportunity for you to advance your career. They compensate there employee's very well and are very family oriented. If you work hard you will succeed and if you chose to be a number and not push to be you best your career will be short lived. We want to be the best and if you are not willing to work for it, this is not the place for You.

ConsI think there is always room for improvment! There needs to be more people willing to work for what they have.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Every month that goes by I see bigger and better things happening. Cant wait to see what 2014 will bring us.

Worked for Reedy Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Reedy Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Reedy Industries CEO Bill Reedy. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Reedy Industries employees.