Regal Beloit

Be The First To
Add Photos

Regal Beloit CEO and Director Mark J. Gliebe

Mark J. Gliebe

Stable, but no career advancement

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Regal Beloit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA nice place to work. There are many excellent engineers to work with and learn from. Co-workers are nice and help each other.

ConsVery little opportunities to advance the career.
Only 10 paid off days for employees who has worked less than 10 years. There is no sick leave, paternity leave, or personal days.

Company is going down the tubes and the leadership is waiting to be bought

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Regal Beloit full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company will be a stepping stone to other positions in the Midwest. I can honestly say that the only positive aspect is that the checks cleared.

ConsThere were no rules in terms of who is hired or promoted. EPC acquisition brought over barely educated members to the team who quickly filled up the promoted positions. People leave and continue to leave because there is very little hope that things will change

Advice to Senior ManagementFire Mike Wickheiser and replace him with someone who is trustworthy and enables the business to improve. React to the employee surveys with believable improvements.

Horrible Company to work for!! RUN NOW!!!!!!!

Finance (Current Employee)
Beloit, WI

I have been working at Regal Beloit full-time for more than a year

ProsIf you suck up to leadership you will be promoted. Besides that there are NO pros.

ConsHORRIBLE place to work, old school thinking, promoted/hired people that DO NOT know how to manage at all!! HR is horrible at Corporate. HR and Senior Management would make promises and not keep them at all. There Employee Performance Reviews are ridiculous. Management fills in whatever they want and it is not true, and you can't change them because its already in there. Work Life balance is horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring/promoting those that deserve it and those that know how to manage. This month they have lost 6 employees.. Employees leave because of management. If management doesn't change they will continue to lose great talent

I have been working for Morrill Plastic in Erwin (Regal of American)

Fall Guy for Failures of Management (Current Employee)
Erwin, TN

I have been working at Regal Beloit full-time for more than 8 years

ProsA pay check every week other than that zero Pros about the place

ConsThe moral is bad because of the favoritism certain people receive. The turnover is the result of one person that cannot do her job. She has too much control for an uneducated employee. She has destroyed the moral and the ability of the company to function properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking for another job. The company will not last unless you start getting rid of the uneducated management team members.

Regional Manager

Regional Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Regal Beloit full-time for more than a year

ProsServed as a bridge while seeking better opportunity.

Cons- politics
- compensation based on old GE forced ranking system
- performance was stellar and rewards were weak
- tenured leadership was untouchable even though they didn't embrace change
- a "who you know" culture
- no accountability for down stream staff members
- Senior HR leadership not in touch with reality

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip

as shift leader

Shift Leader (Team Leader) (Former Employee)
McAllen, TX

I worked at Regal Beloit as a contractor for less than a year

Prosvery stable company, with a very good opportunity to growth

Consis too hot inside the production floor

Advice to Senior Managementwork as a team

Closed minded

Machine Operator (Current Employee)
Lincoln, MO

I have been working at Regal Beloit full-time for more than 10 years

Proslocal, close to home 4 day work week some of the people are engaged and try to make it a better place to work.

ConsFactory...clickish....rumor mill....alot of employees are set in doing things "the way we always have"

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend the money to fix Machines!!!! Continuous Improvement should be just that! Not a popularity contest to see if you can get more "face" time with a PART-TIME plant manager.

Consistent challenges in the Oracle environment.

I have been working at Regal Beloit full-time

ProsChallenging IT environment wiith a great team experience. Constant changes and company in acquisition mode which allows for working with great people.

ConsToo much on the job training and lack of formal training. The schedules are tight which does not allow for time away from the job for training. IT does not necessarily have a backup strategy in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore formal training and backup strategy.

It's a place to work

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee)
Del Rio, TX

I worked at Regal Beloit full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get a weekly pay check, You get benefits, You meet some friendly people, You ger bonuses, You ger holidays, You get vaction, they have education reimbursement.

Consthere are no promotions, there are clicks, there are kiss A*S, they have untrained upper management, they have very heavy work loads

Not a great company to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Beloit, WI

I worked at Regal Beloit

ProsThe company has good people in many areas of the company.

ConsThere are a lot of people working at the company that are stuck in their old ways and don't want to change. The management team is so so. They really don't get it. They don't see the forest from the trees. Cutting headcount across the board without considering where it makes sense is ridiculous. Every year they go through the exercise of who to cut and then they have overworked people. Company is very thin on staff and people are really over worked. The operate a very lien environment because their margins are so thin that adding headcount can really reduce their bottom line. Company has talent issues and will never change. The other issue is people are not really paid well there, aside from Senior Management. They get paid well, market rate while the rest of the employees get below market. I don't think that's fair. A way to cut cost, get rid of the company cars for executives. Most companies in the U.S. don't offer that to executives. There's a cost cutting measure which doesn't impact employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get new people at the company. The current thinking needs to go. The company is very old fashioned and backwards.

Worked for Regal Beloit? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regal Beloit reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regal Beloit CEO Mark J. Gliebe. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Regal Beloit employees.