Regal Entertainment
www.regmovies.com Knoxville, TN 5000+ Employees

Regal Entertainment Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Regal Entertainment – “Midway 9”

Regal Entertainment CEO and Director Amy E. Miles

Amy E. Miles

Pros:
  • "get to watch free movies for you and a friend, young managers that can sometimes be cool"
    in 201 reviews
  • "I liked the free popcorn and drinks while on shift"
    in 26 reviews
Cons:
  • "Floor staff will always start at minimum wage and increase approximately 20 cents a year"
    in 36 reviews
  • "I started as regular floor staff and was promoted to management at my 4 year mark"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It's whatever

Henderson, NV

ProsFree movies, good managers, flexible hours, free popcorn,

ConsThe boring moments in between sets, customers complaining bout prices , worrying about a secret shopper -_-

It has it's ups & it's downs, but all-in-all, a good first job!

Syracuse, NY

ProsScheduling is flexible & you can virtually get any day that you request off without any problem. It's not a very hard job especially during matinee shifts when few people come. Free movie passes is a huge plus.

ConsThis job really only has two cons. First - the customers. Seeing as how Regal's prices are a little outrageous, customers feel the need to remind you of that constantly. They can truly be a pain about a lot of different things. Secondly - the hours. You have to be willing to work a lot of Friday & Saturday nights which can be a pain for teens & young adults.

Advice to Senior Management1) Employees should get all concession items at least 50% off. It's only fair for all of the stuff we put up with.
    2) Lower the prices at least a little bit. There's no way we need to charge $5 for a bottle of water.
    3) Allow more money to have more floor staff on at one time. That allows everyone to remain in a good mood & do their jobs more efficiently.

It's a great first job!!

Oviedo, FL

ProsThe scheduling was extremely flexible, and vacation time is not hard to acquire.
    The employees that are hired generally are extremely nice to new employees and there is a sense of community between the staff.
    This job has been an excellent first job. It teaches responsibility and people skills (which, in today's world are a must have for any job).

ConsThe biggest con that comes with this job is the customers. You have to have a thick skin and not let their snide remarks affect how you handle other customers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good first job

Box Office Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsThe work is easy and your schedule is very flexible. You are also given a lot of freedom when you work. Free movies are a nice plus.

Also, if you are a seasonal worker, they'll generally let you come back if you want.

ConsGenerally, the work is dull and you spend a lot of time working alone. You/your coworkers probably won't stick around long enough to make good friends. Also, it consistently smells like super buttery popcorn.

It's an ok job

Atlanta, GA

ProsNot too strenuous
    Love my managers and co-workers
    Free movies

ConsNot enough hours
    Not really much advancement once you've made it to box cashier
    Not a long term job
    A lot of micromanagement from corporate

It was just a regular job

Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Foothill Ranch, CA

Prosnot too much pros, except free movies

Consmanagement and advancement is low, pay is low

Advice to Senior Managementmake more room for advancement

Mostly okay place to work part-time, but pretty unsatisfactory management.

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) (Former Employee)
    Newnan, GA

ProsGood, clear procedures to follow for safety and cleanliness in the workplace. Pretty flexible when it came time to go back to school and work only on weekends. The employee gets a free movie pass for them and and one other person as well as discounted concessions items.

ConsThe management has problems, at least at my local theater. The turnover rate for the General Manager was too high. The turnover rate for the employees was too high as well. Not enough incentive, hours, or pay to stay. There was not enough supervision and cross-checking of the lower-level managers and their performance in the workplace. They had obvious favorites, like their friends and people they just liked better than others, which they're not supposed to have. Also, there was never enough hours, and the scheduling was inconsistent. They would very often send you home early without getting to complete all of your shift unless otherwise very busy, which was unfortunately infrequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on getting better managers who know what they are doing (and care) and don't have favoritism. Managers are not supposed to play favorites. It was quite obvious who was one of their friends and who wasn't. Also, the annual employee review/performance appraisal was pathetic. Employees are supposed to have a meeting with a manager to talk about the good and bad of their performance that year, tell them what they wrote, and give constructive criticism to allow room to improve, but out of the 3+ years I worked there I never once had any semblance of this annual review or any constructive criticism. They merely asked me to sign it and then left with no further discussion. They don't even let you retain a copy of your own performance appraisal.

Understaffed to save payroll

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) (Current Employee)

Prosfree movies, you get max 2 tickets per day for you and a guest.

Consunderstaffed, they always send people home 2-3 hours into a shift to save payroll just for it to get busy. Then the rest of the people who didnt get sent home have to pick up the slack.
    low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementYoung managers are sometimes lazy

No pay for hard work

Floor Staff (Former Employee)

ProsBasically just free movies and popcorn, that's it

ConsFavoritism, scheduling problems, low pay for a lot of work

Not terrible, but also not worth it

Charlottesville, VA

ProsFree movies, free movie posters & memorabilia, flexible on requesting days off

ConsLazy management, very apparent favoritism from management, you don't get paid enough for all the hard work you do, there are very limited advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better, honestly. They're the ones doing all the hard work. Anything would help; higher pay, better benefits, more incentives, etc. We simply do not get paid enough or are treated well enough for all the hard work we do.

Worked for Regal Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regal Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regal Entertainment CEO Amy E. Miles. All 353 reviews posted anonymously by Regal Entertainment employees.