Regal Entertainment

www.regmovies.com

Regal Entertainment Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014
Regal Entertainment – “Midway 9”

Regal Entertainment – “Midway 9”

Regal Entertainment CEO and Director Amy E. Miles

Amy E. Miles

Pros
  • Free movies, free movie posters & memorabilia, flexible on requesting days off (in 217 reviews)

• I liked the free popcorn and drinks while on shift (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Floor staff will always start at minimum wage and increase approximately 20 cents a year (in 38 reviews)

• I started as regular floor staff and was promoted to management at my 4 year mark (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Easy job for a high school student--wouldn't recommend for college.

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) (Former Employee) Lake Wales, FL

ProsFree movies, flexible schedule, time off as long as it isn't around the holidays.

ConsYou have to work holidays because it's the busiest time for movies. The pay is minimum wage and that certainly isn't enough through college. Managers don't make much either and most of the managers were only part time. There was a lack of continuity in management.

pros & cons.

Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate (Former Employee) Richmond Heights, OH

ProsThere were always hours to work, tight on money then it was never a task a get more hours from another employee,

ConsBeing over worked, and having to stand in the same position all day when tearing tickets.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven up the schedule a bit more

Great company to learn all level of job skills.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAble to accommodate all schedules, uses physical and mental capabilities, opportunities for growth and advancement.

ConsWeekends and holidays mandatory, some egos get in the way of development.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow enough staff to be scheduled so the customers needs are met.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A pretty good first job

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) (Former Employee) Lynnwood, WA

ProsRegal is able to work with school schedules and they are pretty good with time off. Most of the time it was pretty easy, and you get to watch movies for free.

ConsYou make minimum wage and you won't ever make much more than that. Hours vary a lot depending on the season and movies playing. Managers were unhappy with their salaries and didn't like their jobs and it's pretty noticeable.

Good first job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree movies, everyone here is so friendly so the work environment is a fun and enjoyable place to work at, and gives you work experience. The management is very understanding when it comes to school/other job commitments. They even can give you two weeks off if you have midterms to study for. I don't know any other job that lets you have this many days off work. Everyone gets along so well which gives you a sense of pride working there.

ConsSometimes when the theater is busy, staff can be short-handed making it harder and more difficult to get things done in quickly. Low pay for the work you do, the raises are like 5 cent raises and it's very hard to move up unless you have been working there for 5+ years. Only the upper management can get full-time positions. It's rare where they let you have weekends off so you have no social life.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your workers more and they'll be motivated to work harder. They should also have better discounts on food for employees.

Great Place to Work

ProsWonderful place to work, met alot of great people working for regal. They really know how to treat there employees.

ConsNot Enough hours for me to work full time.

Great for a first job with opportunity to grow

First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsI was able to move up quickly through management. If you are a self-starter, it's pretty easy to stand out from the crowd and move up through management. Healthcare for full time employees (if lucky enough to receive status) was excellent.

ConsHard work for little pay. The raise structure is small. It seems at times that management can have their hands tied when determining higher pay.

Very mediocre

Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) (Current Employee) Bend, OR

ProsFree movies! Free popcorn and soda when you're working. Easy to get time off. Get sneak peaks of some movies. Working concessions is the best. You are by the popcorn and sodas. Time goes very fast. You will always have your job if you show up on time. People will always go see movies.

ConsHours are really hard. 8 hour shifts and hard to get a shift off no matter what the excuse is. Usher is the hardest. You clean and tear tickets. Minors will not get sent home. Ushers won't be sent home. Minimum wage. The uniforms. Black pants and bad quality polo shirts.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people more choice over their shifts. Allow people who need to be sent home, be sent home.

Good Entry Level Position

no chance of raise

Easy Frist Job for Students

Usher (Former Employee) Foothill Ranch, CA

ProsI was an Usher at a Regal theater for about 4 years while in school
    Extremely flexible availability. I was in theater and had a demanding school schedule, and it was never difficult to get time off for anything.
    Easy-going management that was easy to get along with and talk to with issues.
    Free movies!

ConsManagement didn't always pay close attention to the Ushers, and we were left to ourselves often.
    In addition, they sometimes promoted inefficient people to supervisor positions who weren't necessarily great at leadership.
    No real upward mobility, but not what I would expect from a job like this
    Also having to get yelled at by customers for movies/projection failing, because obviously we are to blame.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved with Ushers

Worked for Regal Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!