Regal Entertainment Reviews

Reset
3.3
Regal Entertainment Amy E. Miles
Amy E. Miles

Pros
  • Free movies & discount concessions (in 267 reviews)

• Free popcorn and drinks while working (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Anything extra earned from yearly reviews or senior cast status disappeared after minimum wage increased to (in 45 reviews)

• Morale is unbelievably low amongst the floor staff (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Best Company

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment (More than a year)

Pros

Regal is such a great company to work for. Our General Manager cares so much about all of the staff and wants to see everyone succeed in whatever they do. All the managers are there to help. When there is a line in concessions your sure to see management back in the stand helping as much as they can. You'll even see our GM working with the staff and doing a lot of one on one training with them to improve their skills. Our building is so beautiful and is kept so clean and well maintained. As a team we make sure to keep our building looking new to make sure our guests really have a royal experience in a amazing location.

Cons

Not enough full time positions available.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and make our location outshine all other theaters.

Apr 20, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for the five star review. We appreciate your feedback and taking the time to share your experience working at Regal! We agree that Regal is a great company!

2. good environment

Current Employee - Box Office Cashier in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Box Office Cashier in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

Very flexible with schedule, school leave, and emergencies. Great management. Excellent first job experience. Steady shifts

Cons

Mostly minimum wage all around.

Aug 26, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your time with Regal.

3. Great work environment. Very fun job. Has its challenges but overall very rewarding.

Current Employee - Theatre General Manager in Waterford, CT
    Current Employee - Theatre General Manager in Waterford, CT

I have been working at Regal Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a fun job, it's good for people of all ages. Free movies is a perk that many people love.

Cons

Working nights and weekends can be tough for some. Working with the public always has its challenges.

Aug 24, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We love that you took the time to share your thoughts. Thank you for the great review!

5. Senior Cast

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time

Pros

Easy during school, lets you do hw

Cons

Gets boring really easily, horrible prices

Aug 21, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for you review. We value your input and appreciate you sharing your suggestions.

If you have a family, it's probably not the job for you!

Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Assistant Manager

I have been working at Regal Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free movies for starters! That's always an awesome pro. Really just being able to get an inside look at how distribution works and see all the marketing materials that come through. You can really gain a very cool perspective on the movie industry from working in theatre management. Regal really does take care of it's employees and that's very plain to see in the benefits package I receive and my salary.

Cons

Cons. Hmm, well, for starters working weekends, holidays, and evenings sucks. I have two very young daughters and I hate it. Knowing every year when the holidays roll around that I will have to sacrifice time with my family is the worst. It's also almost like a slap in the face from our corporate office that they get to work Mon-Thurs 9-5 and then they get half days on Friday. They also get extra time off for the holidays which is an extra kick in the gut. Senior management and general management don't have an option when it comes to working holidays. Their schedules are basically made for them by their district manager, so even if you hoped there could be some work around or compromise - you were wrong. Really other than that, I love this company and I love this job. AWESOME benefits and pay, but unless I can snag a job at corporate in the next two years or so, I say I'll be off and looking for something else, because as a mother - I can no longer handle the weird operation hours and time away from my family.

Aug 11, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Than you for your review. We appreciate your hard work and dedication. Please feel free to contact me jennifer.long@regalcinemas.com to discuss any concerns.

7. Regal Pros and Cons (Short list)

I worked at Regal Entertainment full-time

Pros

Free movies and free popcorn

Cons

Late hours. Required to work holidays. No growth. No appreciation.

Sep 1, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you sharing thoughts and suggestions.

8. Just like any other retail job. Payroll & staff turnover challenges constantly.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Regal Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free movies and good benefits plus vacation packages. Most offices have a collaborative feel between assistants, general managers and district managers.

Cons

Can feel overwhelming with the hard line on secret shopper items, payroll & new security emphasis. Pay raises are small and the bonus structure for GM's is a joke. Can also be difficult to move up.

Advice to Management

Cut out the dead weight in the corporate arena.

Aug 31, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for advising us of your concerns. Your comments are important to Regal Entertainment Group and we would like the opportunity to address those on your behalf. Please reach out to me ... More

9. Great Company

Current Employee - Floor Staff in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Floor Staff in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great and friendly management, free movies, and discounted concession items

Cons

Working with rude and snappy customers

Advice to Management

None

Aug 17, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your feedback.

10. Associate Manager

Former Employee - Part Time Associate Manager
    Former Employee - Part Time Associate Manager

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time

Pros

Benefits, flexibility with scheduling shifts and opportunity to learn more.

Cons

limited amount of hours during slow peak season.

Advice to Management

Need to utilize current employees for hours instead of hiring new employees

Aug 12, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. I will forward your suggestions to the appropriate departments.

11. If You Like A Super Strict Environment Than This Is For You

Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in New York, NY

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros about this job is that it gives you free movie tickets ( minimum of 2 ) , 50% off concessions and free popcorn and soft drinks. Also flexible hours .

Cons

The cons about this job is high favoritism . Managers don't want to help out in concession stands but always want to complain to other Team Members about them not doing their job right . It's super strict . Can't wear nothing on your wrists , no piercings ( only studs earrings ) , and can't wear a ring . Managers & GM check to see if you wearing your uniform right ; even making sure you have on black socks . Every time you go to the GM to complain about the Manager , there's no change . Can't take no tips either

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees like actual people instead of robots . Also, start helping out more in the concession stand instead of employees calling the office on the walkie 5-6 times . There's a TV showing how long the lines are . Y'all not blind .

Aug 26, 2015 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review. Regal takes all concerns seriously and I have shared yours comments with the Regional HR Manager. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns directly if you ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed