Regal Entertainment
www.regalcinemas.com Knoxville, TN 5000+ Employees

Regal Entertainment Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014
Regal Entertainment – “Midway 9”

Regal Entertainment CEO and Director Amy E. Miles

Amy E. Miles

Pros:
  • "get to watch free movies for you and a friend, young managers that can sometimes be cool"
    in 190 reviews
  • "Free popcorn and drinks while on the clock, discounted food/candy at all REG locations"
    in 27 reviews
Cons:
  • "Floor staff will always start at minimum wage and increase approximately 20 cents a year"
    in 35 reviews
  • "There was a significant lack of professionalism by both floor staff and management"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

not that great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time for less than a year

Prosfree movie tickets and posters

Consbad work hours, management is a hit or miss

nice

I have been working at Regal Entertainment as an intern

Prosfun to work at a lot

Conspay stinks for all employees

Good for Short-Term

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time

ProsGreat job for high school and college kids. Building customer service skills is a transferable skill to other jobs.

ConsManagement was a mixed bag - some good, some not so good - but led by someone who wasn't often present and picked favorites. Typical for a retail job, but given that the staff is young, there should be a leader who can handle that.

Miss this job

Associate Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Regal Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFun environment, opportunities for advancement,

Consmany hours that are potentially social life killers

A decent starting job

Associate Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time for more than 5 years

ProsEasy to pick up on what needs done. Almost guaranteed job safety since people always go to the movies. Management is easy to work with. Free movie tickets are awesome and make for a cheap date night.

ConsWildly varying hours from season to season. Very long nights when movies sometimes don't end until after one in the morning. The job can be a little repetitive and advancement opportunities do not come along very often.

Movie theater work

Associate Manager (Former Employee)
Kaneohe, HI

I worked at Regal Entertainment full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is opportunity for advancement.

Conslow pay even as you move up the chain.

Advice to Senior Managementgive better pay incentives.

Happy beginning. Decent middle. Towards the end you just want to get out.

Part Time Associate Manager (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time for more than 5 years

ProsI liked that the company worked around our school schedules. I liked having most days off that I requested. This did not include weekends or holidays though. I liked receiving two free passes each day. I liked the free popcorn and drinks while on shift. I liked the people that I worked with. The majority of management was good too. The regulars were nice as well.

ConsMinimum wage job. There used to be a huge opportunity to move up the Regal ladder but ever since the recession, corporate management has cut these opportunities. Associate and assistant managers make only a modest more than floor staff. Working every weekend and every holiday was hard. Percaps, percaps, percaps. My theatre in particular was understaffed much of the busy weekends. The person to blame is our district manager. He always is barking about payroll. Many of the Associate Mangers are immature and unprofessional. You may see drama and/or fraternization between floor staff and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease wages (it will never happen, but it makes me feel good to write this), add more full-time associate jobs (don't be scared to pay for Obamacare), reward and recognize your employees ( 40% CEO approval rating? Thanks Amy Miles), Don't make it all about the numbers (unless it's a 40% approval rating), and realize that this will never be a career choice for graduates because the company culture is sadly not that structured.

Recent company culture shifts have hurt the business

Theatre General Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Regal Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFree movies, exciting work, unique experiences. Usually the staff develops close friendships and gets along well. Managers get relative autonomy depending on the GM.

ConsDifficult work load, unmotivated staff, unable to properly compensate your employees. If the most you can offer a person after a year is a quarter why are we even giving reviews? While the concession stand is an entry level job it isn't simple nor is it easy.

Advice to Senior Management"Do more with less" has resulted in harm to your company. While we used to have too much staff on at a time for profit reasons, your shift has resulted in longer lines at the box office and concession stand. The longer lines are resulting in missed revenue as people leave the line. Additionally as you over work your staff members the ones that can move on will, leaving you with the employees that have no other choice. You're concentrating the bad into your profit areas while failing to provide for the good.

Hellish nightmare on busy nights but overall an easy job

Senior Cast Member/Shift Leader (Former Employee)
Round Lake Beach, IL

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time for more than 3 years

ProsI moved up quickly within the company. Flexible hours if you are a college student. Fun people to work with. Free movies if you have an open schedule.

ConsStrict policies regarding seeing movies on your time off (I worked 35 hrs a week and I was unavailable to work in the mornings because of school-- so I was never really able to see movies because that was "requested time off." Favoritism amongst managers with certain employees. Minimal raises when you are promoted (I was also told I had to come in on my time off to get further training for a position --without pay, which I refused to do.)

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit the favoritism and help out the floor staff when needed instead of standing and watching everyone struggle with the concessions crowd. Also there needs to be more staff on Thursday nights when the stocking for the weekend occurs.

Good first job

I have been working at Regal Entertainment

Prosflexible hours if in school

Conslow pay, dead end job, no appreciation of time and effort, lots of favoritism

Worked for Regal Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regal Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regal Entertainment CEO Amy E. Miles. All 318 reviews posted anonymously by Regal Entertainment employees.