Regal Entertainment

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014

Regal Entertainment CEO and Director Amy E. Miles
Amy E. Miles

Pros
  • Free movies, flexible schedule, time off as long as it isn't around the holidays (in 267 reviews)

• Free popcorn/drinks when working/on breaks (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Staff starts at minimum wage and annual salary increases are capped at 2 (in 45 reviews)

• Floor staff are hired on a seasonal basis so you can be let go at any time for no reason (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Extravagant

Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free movie tickets, discounted concession items, free entry at ANY other Regal Entertainment Group locations.

Cons

Not too many, just do your job and you will be fine.

Always make an attempt at applying for the Associate Manager's position. nothing better than moving up and gaining the most extraordinary experience in your life, especially at a movie theatre.

Pretty much a job for a high schooler

Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Germantown, MD

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free movies at any regal theater, half off concessions, my coworkers were great to work with, some managers were pretty easy going, raises are decent, flexible with your schedule

Cons

Low profile job, some managers take their job too seriously, sometimes there is favoritism, some managers shouldn't even be managers, start you at min wage, open on all holidays, so easy it gets boring

Show more professionalism, hire managers based on competence or skill, not loyalty

An ok part time job.

Current Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free tickets (including Imax) when it's not crowded
    Free popcorn + soda
    Half off concessions

Cons

Sometimes management won't even look at how sold theatres are before denying employee tickets. There are problems with workers on floor and concession receiving their ten minute breaks. Overall employees deal with such a high volume of people for little pay. Anything extra earned from yearly reviews or senior cast status disappeared after minimum wage increased to $9/hr. Very few opportunities to move up. Sometimes management's logic in deciding who stays after seasonal employment is faulty. Box office has no air conditioning, and currently no fan.

Invest in your workers.

It's alright

I have been working at Regal Entertainment

Pros

Free movies, great coworkers, cool managers.

Cons

a lot of work for the little pay.

Floor Staff

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free movie tickets. Great for your first job.

Cons

Pay is no good. To many favoritism

Floor Staff

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Dublin, CA

I worked at Regal Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This was my first job working with coworkers my age. It was honestly the best time of my life. We not only made friendships but we got our work done correctly and in a timely manner. Some managers were friendly, easy to talk too. Got 2 free movie tickets with a friend and 3 movie tickets if you were with family.

Cons

During budget cuts they cut our movie passes down. Worked long hours until 230am sometimes. Some managers took sides, and you always knew when the manager didn't like you because the picked every little negative out. They aren't willing to give you raises. The do a manager poll on your work ethic and if you score a certain amount they will give you a raise, which is NOT fair, because for example; I didn't get a raise because 1 manager just started at our theater from a different one and the other one didn't like me.

No Comment, because I have been back there lately and there are only a few managers that were my managers still left. All the new managers are fellow coworkers or new people that started after me. Tweedy is the best always treats her workers and everyone equal.

Good as a side job or temporary job. Hours are crazy.

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Regal Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get free movie tickets for yourself. Some managers may give extra tickets to you for your friends. Depending on who your fellow employees are, regal can be an enjoyable job. If you're a dependable good employee you get more hours and promotions are very possible upon request. Floor Staff are equal to manager quality in other jobs because of their job responsibilities. (My manager told me that).

Cons

Bi-weekly pay checks is how Regal pays. The hours can be hectic. Sometimes they will schedule you for the entire day, so be clear about your availability. Concessions don't get to leave their stations and must up-sale customers, although being successful isn't required. Depending on the size of the theater, floor staff can get swamped with a lot of work when a big movie hits theaters.

Order your troops, but make sure you speak to them not at them. Working with and helping your employees to do things goes along way. It shows them how you expect the quality of job to be and they'll like you for it and it will get them to work better for you. As a leader your are naturally in control of the work environment. Keep it fun and loose, but not so much it's chaos.

There wasn't the best of management. Scheduling manager definitely played favorites and those people got the hours.

Former Employee - Cast Member in Lynnwood, WA
    Former Employee - Cast Member in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's awesome for someone working in school, but it's bad for anyone under 18 because they are limited to short shifts. No time off or anything for Cast Members.

Cons

Smelling like butter all the time.
    Got a great review for my 90 day review or whatever, but the company was unable to give me a raise.

Schedule your employees based on who works the hardest.
    Give your employees reason to come to work. Most people hated it.

Good Pay. Easy Job.

Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher)
    Former Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher)

I worked at Regal Entertainment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The job included good pay for retail. The benefit of seeing movies for free was nice. The company makes sure the theaters are kept clean.

Cons

The hours are terrible since movies start late at night. If you close you could not get out till 3 am.

Work on proper scheduling so people don't close the open.

Welcoming experience with a lot of people willing to help from staff to management.

Current Employee - Floor Staff (Box Office Cashier, Concessions, and Usher) in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, dealing with an array of people, seeing movies for free.

Cons

Late shifts can span past 1am, will have to perform some undesirable taks.

Regal Entertainment Photos