Regency Centers

Add Photos

Hap Stein Jr.

Regency Centers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople orientated, good work/family balance

ConsSome management levels tend to micro-manage

An O.K. experience......

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat parties and celebrations. Team members are great people. Salary is competitive.

ConsI've seen better insurance. A small company like this means everyone knows your business - even HR. People focus so much on their title and position in the company. Overall, not a very diverse company. Inexperienced and power-abusing lower-level management.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper level management has a great vision and very knowledgeable but out-of-touch with lower level management and their issues.

Not all it's cracked up to be.

Property Administrator (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to start and move on.

ConsThey claim a big emphasis on people and culture, but when it comes right down to it it's just like any other big corporation. You need to kick and scream for a promotion within, very little room for real advancement.. It was an extremely frustrating experience to be a part of a 360 review process ("high potential employee"), apply for every possible opportunity to advance my career and let down over and over again. I personally felt led on by upper management during my 3.5 year tenure and my career was stalled.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR is too slow to react with no guiding principles or concrete practices. Policies seem to change on the daily, very disappointing for a public company of this size.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly and collegial atmosphere; fun staff outings and a great work environment!

ConsComplex issues may require help from other employees

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing volunteer opportunities with united way

Could be better - Could have been worse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat PTO, 401k and profit sharing plans. Pay is okay. They do invest in their properties so you can be proud of what you're offering to the market. Good place to gain experience and take elsewhere.

ConsNot a lot of feedback from managers regarding job performance, they seem to promote based on appearances and hobnobbing instead of quality of work and experience, not a lot of openness between managers and normal employees led to feelings of us vs. them - low morale. I heard this from corporate and field offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't close your doors or have overt whisper conversations that incite paranoia, do give honest feedback to employees more than once a year, do value the good employees you have (like the ones that do a really good job, not just the ones that do a really good job kissing up), sr. management should make more of an effort to visit satellite offices more often.

Great company

Property Administrator (Former Employee)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

ProsRegency Centers has great benefits and excellent people to work with. When I started working for Regency Centers in 2004, Regency Centers was a great company to work for and there was a lot of upper management support from the Jacksonville office as well as direct management support from the office I worked in.

ConsAfter some restructuring and downsizing, I felt there was less support from upper management to the satellite offices. I only had contact with the regional officer directly above my manager about 3-4 times in the 8 years I worked there. During this time, I felt unmotivated and underutilized by direct management and had no real avenues to express my dissatisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore involvement from upper management to the satellite offices.

Great company and culture

Accounting - Manager Level (Current Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsPeople, at all levels, are amazing to work with.

ConsNone noted at this time.

I am enjoying my time here.

Jacksonville, FL

ProsIn a good economy it was a nice place to work. Would recommend for employment. Benefits package was very good.

ConsIn a bad economy it was not a nice place to work. There was a lot of job cuts in the recent downturn.

Advice to Senior ManagementMangers seemed okay. There was definitely politics going on and depending what department you worked in some managers could be problematic.

Brainless corporation lucky to have so many good properties.

Property Administrator (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThere is a lot of paid time off, but it is sometimes detrimental because the work doesn't go away just because you do.

ConsThere is very little leadership shown during these tough times. You would think someone would share their overall vision for what is expected. Individuality doesn't seem to be rewarded. Lower level employees get the exact same wage increases regardless of performance or effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some leadership! Your employees want more of it during these stressfull times.

Not too shabby

Walnut Creek, CA

ProsThe people are great to work with. Fantastic software and IT department.

ConsThe salary is too low and not enough perks for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you would like to keep the best of the best you will need to compensate them better. I understand if you can't afford to pay them or you don't want to play the salary game, but there are many other ways to reward them. Perhaps more time off or 7 hour work days.

Worked for Regency Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regency Centers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regency Centers CEO Hap Stein Jr. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Regency Centers employees.