Regeneron Pharmaceuticals

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews in Rensselaer, NY

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer

Leonard S. Schleifer

Pros
  • Good work/life balance in my department(in 7 reviews)

• well work-life balance, good salary and benefits, good work environment, supportive colleagues,(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not viable in the long run considering the cost of living in Westchester County, NY(in 3 reviews)

• Upper management are in an ivory tower looking down on their peons(in 4 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Best place to work

Engineering Technical Writer (Current Employee) Rensselaer, NY

ProsPeople really want to get their work done, and done right. Great company culture of integrity. Lots of leftover free food from meetings. Friendly people. Rapid growth rate.

ConsOn-boarding needs to be streamlined. The occasional mild sexual harassment case goes unreported, but this is not the norm, and seems to be concentrated in a few individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave sexual harassment refreshers periodically, please. Everything else is very positive, and should continue as-is.

Fast Growing Company with an overall friendly attitude

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rensselaer, NY

ProsUpwardly bound company. Information on significant decisions are shared with employees on a regular basis. Opportunity to communicate questions / concerns available to Sr. Management readily available.

ConsFairness is weak during review process. Must be with company 12 months before able to apply for other positions within company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMid-level Management should be required to take HR training and learn the skills necessary to interact and guide subordinates effectively, professionally, and fairly.

The best place I've worked yet!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rensselaer, NY

ProsYoung, energetic atmosphere. They truly believe if that treat the workers well, they'll do a great job. Open to suggestions and innovation; truly an organization that will continue to improve as it ages.

ConsIt is a bio-pharma company; you work with some hazardous chemicals. The company provides all the safe-guards they can, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the worker to be careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT

IT IT (Current Employee) Rensselaer, NY

ProsGood place, Lot of growth

ConsToo much work, Less Pay

Great place to work, experiencing some growing pains

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rensselaer, NY

Pros-Decent pay
    -Awesome benefits
    -Good people
    -Company is growing and getting better every day--business is looking up

Cons-Overtime and weekends were a must
    -Poor communication between departments
    -Growing pains
    -Unstable environment (typical of the pharmaceutical industry)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose touch with your "peons". Communicate with each other.

Positive first-time-in-industry intern experience

QC Analytical Sciences Intern (Former Employee) Rensselaer, NY

ProsGreat community atmosphere, easy access to management, positive attitudes from employees, high caliber work ethic

ConsSmall company that can't offer as many perks as larger companies

Worked for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!