Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Unprofessional environment. Need to belong to a clique for career advancement

Former Employee - Sample Management Assistant in La Mirada, CA
    Former Employee - Sample Management Assistant in La Mirada, CA

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (More than a year)

Pros

Company is growing and the science is good

Cons

Terrible pay and hire overqualified applicants

Advice to Management

Cliques are formed and employees treat each other mean. Learning should be removed from values because I learned nothing and taught everything I learned from larger pharma companies

Not a Good Place for Marketing Talent

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people in place Eylea continues to explode, as does the stock.

Cons

Marketing function devalued by senior leaders No one leaves, so no room to advance Low salaries.

Advice to Management

Science gets you in the game. Marketing makes sure you win the game.

3. Research Associate III

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Pros

nice company and culture!! job stability for next 5 years

Cons

low base salary and bonus,limited conference budget

5. Great Internship

Pros

Staff were all very welcoming. I was given a research project to complete during my internship and I was allowed a lot of independence in completing it. The workplace environment was great too, lots of team-building exercises.

Cons

Interns weren't allowed access to valuable information, so the background for why I was doing my research project was never shared with me.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, above average pay and benefits, and an awesome place to learn. Lots of overtime available, and the company is very flexible. Regeneron has a very youthful vibe and I have made many friends here. There is always a lot of movement within the company, so you don't have to be worried about being stuck in the position you're in forever if you want to explore other areas of the company. Also the stuff we do is really interesting, so that always helps! I would recommend Regeneron to anyone interested in biotech and pharmaceuticals.

Cons

I don't have many negative things to say about Regeneron, I am overall very happy to be a part of the company. However, as in any company with many employees, some people get by with doing very little work with others left to pick up their slack. Wish management was better about detecting this and resolving it.

Great place to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is growing so fast that it's a wonderful place to start out and develop your skills. Often can find you are good at things you never knew existed; the management is good at recognizing this and putting people where they can be most effective. Benefits and pay are great!

Cons

Work/Life balance is bad...40 hour weeks are a myth. Red tape that comes along with being in the Pharmaceutical industry can be overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but work on cultivating a less stressful/overwhelming environment.

QC

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY

Pros

Decent pay for the area but below average for industry.

Cons

Long Hours Terrible Co-workers No room for growth High turnover rate I was told by the Director of my division to stop being too ambitious.

Advice to Management

Have incentives since you are dealing with people not items.

Good place to start your career

Pros

Regeneron is a great employer for those starting their career. There are opportunities for advancement or lateral movement. There is a supporting team environment and have high employee retention rates.

Cons

Positions are entry level are very focused. You support one facet of a project and do not hear much about the technology other teams are developing.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop the talent from within. Provide a single vision for all employees regarding where Regeneron is headed and how they can grow with the company.

10. 9 month contractor

Former Employee - Contractor Data Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Contractor Data Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

Pros

Good working environment, collaboration. Small company familiarity.

Cons

Growing pains, inadequate planning, few opportunities for advancement.

A viper's den of inequity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Pros

A convenient location for employees who live in Westchester

Cons

Regeneron has too many layers of management, whose titles are not only meaningless, but fictional. While those managers may be educated in the field of science, they have no sense of business acumen. Those employees who choose to engage themselves in the game of office politics will do well. Those workers with high morals and work ethic will remain at the bottom, only to have more work put on them, in addition their own, with no thanks or validation...their supervisors and managers will take the bows. In instances of supervisor/employee conflict, and there is much at Regeneron, the employee can not count on support from Human Resources, the managers and supervisors are always right, even if they are at fault.

Advice to Management

Remove the endless layers of meaningless managers and supervisors, and start running a business. It would behoove those in upper management to pay attention to the health of their employees, who are under extreme stress, and take the time to listen to their real needs and wants.

RSS Feed </> Embed