Regions Financial
www.regions.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

Regions Financial Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Apr 13, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall great experience working for Regions, the company wants the employees to strive to be their best.

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAlways providing training opportunities, likes to identify and promote hard working employees, pay seems competitive, good benefits.

ConsIf you do not have a four year degree it is harder to be promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. If you prefer employees to have a degree provide a better tuition reimbursement program.

Not a big bank, which is good and bad.

Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsSmall bank feel. Not a lot of politics in the branches. The sales goal's are manageable and not too oppressive like other places I've worked at. Management seems to understand a work life balance and the benefits are on par with the industry.

ConsTechnology is lagging in some areas. In this position you will have a lot of work to do for simple tasks. Other banks I've worked for want you to sell products, this bank wants you to sell and handle all the maintenance issues that are very time consuming. A lot of operational issues here too. You'll spend 50% of your time with clients (selling/maintenance), and the other 50% is spent submitting paperwork and pulling reports for said sales and maintenance. This bank operates similar to a bank 10 years in the past. There seems to be very little branch support in form of teller functions (deposit holds, balancing, fraud etc.). If you end up working on the teller line be careful, they are just looking for ways to fire someone for taking a deposit and not putting a hold on the checks. Branches are getting thin on staffing, but that seems to be the norm for banks now a day's, so be prepared to be on the teller line some.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet us do what we do best...sell! We spend way too much time doing operational stuff when we could be on the phone or talking to clients.

Poor mid level management. Arrogant and condescending.

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
Jasper, GA

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenefits and 401K match. Multiple opportunities from heavy turnover.

ConsDisconnected leadership. Concerned more about how you play the games and not results.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire mid-level managers that have been on the line.

Post Amsouth Merger made for a very difficult environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt seems like all commercial banks are the same, so, if you worked for one, you know what it's like. Other than size, I cant think of any significant difference between commercial banks today.

ConsAmsouth take over made for a difficult environment outside of Birmingham. Narrow and unpredictable authority structure made lending and work outs extremely difficult. As of 2008, a time of crisis, that was likely the norm at most commercial banks.

Micromanagement at its best

Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStable company, most people a pleasure to work with

ConsUnless you're a pro with sales, don't expect much job mobility

Run very, very fast away.

Business Banker (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood co-workers and clients who both put up with a lot.

ConsWhen I was there, they were the last major bank that hadn't paid back TARP funds and it showed. Everything was about cutting costs. Just look at the older branches. They have been promised remodels for over a decade! Also, it is management by fear. Produce or you will be fired. High stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and inspire them. They know the economy is tough, bankers have a bad reputation in general, and are trying to service their customers. You don't need to keep threatening them.

Satisfied branch manager

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regions Financial

ProsI have a great team and that makes all the difference in this position. I am happy with my manager and that is also very important. Without those two elements this job could be horrible. It varies depending on the people who are around you.

ConsVery aggressive sales culture. two much emphasis on today instead of building long term success for the future of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of the employees. Bring back the 401k match and get a better insurance plan. Stop making decisions based on quanity instead of quality.

Small fish trying to swim in the ocean.

Non-Branch Position (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regions Financial

ProsBenefits, pretty decent work/life balance, can learn about other lines of business, not a super large bank who is always in the news for something negative, MBA not required for most positions.

ConsInternal technology/systems lagging, internal processes are debilitating, too many layers of management, tough to compete with other banks, no consistency between geographic locale, too many forms.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer quarterly anonymous employee feedback questionaires, offer quarterly sales reporting open to everyone for all lines of business to know the "top performers" of the company, work on all the downsides listed above, offer specialized line of business gatherings/trainings to bring lines of business together throughout the company, have other layeres of management at the headquarters come meet you or visit your office at least 2xs a year.

Come work for Regions Finacial.

Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regions Financial

ProsRegions is a company that provides a relaxed working enviroment and really takes great care of their employees. The company provides a stress free enviroment and allows employees a variety of ways to achieve at the company.

ConsIn this current economic time it is hard to determine which companies will be around once the banking fallout ends and if Regions will be bought by a large bank

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support your employees across the board

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Financial reviews and ratings in Atlanta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regions Financial CEO O. B. Grayson Hall Jr. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Regions Financial employees.