Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews in Hoover, AL

Updated October 2, 2014
Updated October 2, 2014
4.0

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 21 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management is afraid to ask what the specific goals of upper management are (in 24 reviews)

• Can be very aggressive with pushing sales goals (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Regions is a very nice place to work!

Current Employee - Information Technology in Hoover, AL
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great personal and professional growth opportunities. Competitive compensation. Very much committed to promoting from within and developing leaders internally. Friendly yet professional work atmosphere.

Cons

Benefits are just average. Can't really think of any other cons.

Management needs to be more willing to listen to associates and not be so narrow minded. Think out of the box and be a little more open to change even if it means a bit more risk.

I hated it there no opportunities to move up unless you are kissing some......

Former Employee - Corporate in Hoover, AL
    Former Employee - Corporate in Hoover, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everything about Regions sucks this is a horrible company to work for or do business with

Cons

There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all There are not pros to Regions at all

train your managers not to suck

sales

Former Employee - Telebanker in Hoover, AL
    Former Employee - Telebanker in Hoover, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

real family oriented and insentive good

Cons

sales...you are pushed to get credit cards and accounts even if customers don't want them

Recovery Collector

Current Employee - Recovery Colllector II in Hoover, AL
    Current Employee - Recovery Colllector II in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is great and bonus potential is awesome.

Cons

Hard to move up or to change departments.

Former Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Relationship Banking Associate in Hoover, AL
    Former Employee - Relationship Banking Associate in Hoover, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Regions is an overall good place to work. I was promoted after just 8 short months. Nice management, enthusiatic team, and flexible schedule. They are quick to hire entry level individuals.

Cons

The pay is simply not enough for the workload, attitude of the customers, and job requirements of this position. Not much room to advance to management and they are quick to hire and fire.

Beware: The place is overflowing with bureaucracy and turnover is high for a reason

Former Employee - Information Technology in Hoover, AL
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Hoover, AL

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

It's one of the biggest employers in the state and if you're interested in working in the financial sector (why would you though?) you could probably use Regions to make the leap to bigger banks in the country. Also, the cafeteria and facilities were nice/clean/modern.

Cons

There are meetings 24/7. In the department I worked, you would get "talked to" if you were literally 2 minutes late to start the day (no lie - one day I came in at 8:02 and my boss was waiting next to my cubicle, despite there being a shift of 7am workers already there --- however no one cared if I had to work into my lunch or after 5pm!!!). By far the worst aspect was dealing with Region employees - the majority of whom are ridiculously clueless about technology. From tellers who can't figure out how to turn off their PC (no that's your monitor) to Executive VPs who get to work from their cushy homes or the golf courses and then moan/groan when their remote login access isn't working on their personal iPad device (and everyone inbetween).

Not only that, but the turnover department- and company-wide is atrocious. It should have told me something when they just shoved all sorts of employees together (who would never see each other again) for orientation. Does it really matter what "Life Green" or "Bike Imagery" represents? Yet again, committee design in everything is 100% obvious and you constantly have to deal with stuff that shouldn't be part of your job.

At Regions, you're just a number. Your opinion/ideas don't matter. There's no way to move up unless you stay at least 1 year because of their stupid waiting policy. Also, tuition reimbursement and 401k options are a joke.

Stick to the pre-approved work assignment and hope you're not on the management whipping-boy list on any given day.

During my short time there I saw 2 managers and 4 coworkers in my department quit/get fired (both managers were "demoted" to non-management roles). I left when I got fed up with the crap there and couldn't deal with the tedious work (despite me earning the highest marks on performance/job quality reviews) and even worse, Regions employees I had to assist could never have anything negative written about them in the IT system (Regions hates a paper trail - especially when it comes to management acting stupid/doing bad stuff).

My advice to management? Stop treating normal employees as cattle. Oh, and thin your own herd because at Regions, there are too many chiefs and not enough indians. Although how likely is Regions to get LESS bureaucratic? Let's be serious.

tech support was really credit card sales

Former Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Hoover, AL
    Former Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Hoover, AL

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

The call center is a revolving door so if you need a job, and can cast a shadow you'll easily get hired. You will be expected to run a credit check and sell a credit card to each caller whether it's morally correct or not.

Cons

Managers give Southerners a bad name and many are just hick morons. Mine was a little short guy who thought he was hot and used to sleep at his desk. Regardless of the degree of contact with the public you're under pressure to sell credit cards. To reach quotas my co-workers sent unsolicited debit cards and credit cards regularly. These folks won all kinds of recognition and it was all called Meet the Need of the customer.

Now that Dowd has retired maybe the bank could turn around. But those hidden fees that the middle class customers are strapped with are just wrong. Change your policy and allow telephone clerks to credit customers those obscene fees when it's an honest mistake!

Regions Financial Photos