Regions Financial
www.regions.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

Regions Financial Reviews in Hoover, AL

Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

sales

Telebanker (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Prosreal family oriented and insentive good

Conssales...you are pushed to get credit cards and accounts even if customers don't want them

Recovery Collector

Recovery Colllector II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSalary is great and bonus potential is awesome.

ConsHard to move up or to change departments.

Former Customer Service Representative

Relationship Banking Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsRegions is an overall good place to work. I was promoted after just 8 short months. Nice management, enthusiatic team, and flexible schedule. They are quick to hire entry level individuals.

ConsThe pay is simply not enough for the workload, attitude of the customers, and job requirements of this position. Not much room to advance to management and they are quick to hire and fire.

Beware: The place is overflowing with bureaucracy and turnover is high for a reason

Information Technology (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial

ProsIt's one of the biggest employers in the state and if you're interested in working in the financial sector (why would you though?) you could probably use Regions to make the leap to bigger banks in the country. Also, the cafeteria and facilities were nice/clean/modern.

ConsThere are meetings 24/7. In the department I worked, you would get "talked to" if you were literally 2 minutes late to start the day (no lie - one day I came in at 8:02 and my boss was waiting next to my cubicle, despite there being a shift of 7am workers already there --- however no one cared if I had to work into my lunch or after 5pm!!!). By far the worst aspect was dealing with Region employees - the majority of whom are ridiculously clueless about technology. From tellers who can't figure out how to turn off their PC (no that's your monitor) to Executive VPs who get to work from their cushy homes or the golf courses and then moan/groan when their remote login access isn't working on their personal iPad device (and everyone inbetween).

Not only that, but the turnover department- and company-wide is atrocious. It should have told me something when they just shoved all sorts of employees together (who would never see each other again) for orientation. Does it really matter what "Life Green" or "Bike Imagery" represents? Yet again, committee design in everything is 100% obvious and you constantly have to deal with stuff that shouldn't be part of your job.

At Regions, you're just a number. Your opinion/ideas don't matter. There's no way to move up unless you stay at least 1 year because of their stupid waiting policy. Also, tuition reimbursement and 401k options are a joke.

Stick to the pre-approved work assignment and hope you're not on the management whipping-boy list on any given day.

During my short time there I saw 2 managers and 4 coworkers in my department quit/get fired (both managers were "demoted" to non-management roles). I left when I got fed up with the crap there and couldn't deal with the tedious work (despite me earning the highest marks on performance/job quality reviews) and even worse, Regions employees I had to assist could never have anything negative written about them in the IT system (Regions hates a paper trail - especially when it comes to management acting stupid/doing bad stuff).

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management? Stop treating normal employees as cattle. Oh, and thin your own herd because at Regions, there are too many chiefs and not enough indians. Although how likely is Regions to get LESS bureaucratic? Let's be serious.

tech support was really credit card sales

ECommerce Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Financial

ProsThe call center is a revolving door so if you need a job, and can cast a shadow you'll easily get hired. You will be expected to run a credit check and sell a credit card to each caller whether it's morally correct or not.

ConsManagers give Southerners a bad name and many are just hick morons. Mine was a little short guy who thought he was hot and used to sleep at his desk. Regardless of the degree of contact with the public you're under pressure to sell credit cards. To reach quotas my co-workers sent unsolicited debit cards and credit cards regularly. These folks won all kinds of recognition and it was all called Meet the Need of the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementNow that Dowd has retired maybe the bank could turn around. But those hidden fees that the middle class customers are strapped with are just wrong. Change your policy and allow telephone clerks to credit customers those obscene fees when it's an honest mistake!

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Financial reviews and ratings in Hoover, AL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regions Financial CEO O. B. Grayson Hall Jr. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Regions Financial employees.