Regions Financial

Regions Financial Reviews in Little Rock, AR

Updated March 24, 2014
Updated March 24, 2014
3.3

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move (in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen (in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Work hard, move up

Current Employee - Branch Service Leader  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Branch Service Leader in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They like to promote from within. There are a lot of wonderful people in management who are willing to lead you on the right direction to move up if that is the track you choose. High standards for goals, but they make it reachable with enough energy and focus.

Cons

The pay is good in comparison to many competitors, but for a head teller, the responsibility is high, and the pay should reflect that more. The teller pay rate is good, but BSL should be closer to BTL pay in terms of expectations and responsibilities.

Advice is readily available when sought after, but it would be nice if there was more career guidance. During performance reviews, maybe tell the person what potential they see.

I worked at Regions for almost 3 years as a Teller

Former Employee - Vault Teller  in  Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Vault Teller in Conway, AR

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get decent benefits and paid holidays.

Cons

There was no encouragement or assistance to advance within the company.

Do better when hiring branch managers and listen to your employees when all of them have a complaint about said manager.

Incredible culture and values. Great place to advance skills and career, but poor compensation plans.

Former Employee - Branch Manager  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is great career mobility, especially for the financial industry

Cons

Compensation is too low, causing the top talent of the company to seek employment where they feel more equitably rewarded.

More competitive salary. You are losing your best talent because your best feel undercompensated. The career opportunities are strong, especially for the financial industry; however, that doesn't make up for undercompensating your best talent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I've enjoyed my time at Regions.

Current Employee - Teller  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Teller in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy-going culture, quality training, good communication with HR and management. I really enjoy the branch I work with.

Cons

Later hours, not much room for growth. I would love to step up to another position, but there are limitations on being able to do that in your first year. A step behind with technology. Just now using the latest systems in banking.

It has been a good one.

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

The training, pay, insurance, people

Cons

The downside sometimes are the hours

Management should have real expectations for themselves and those they manage. Also they should treat others how they want to be treated.

A lot of presure, but overall quality of loans were acceptable.

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

As long as you do your job and meet quotas you had job stability.

Cons

Corporate officers and President and CEO really didn't value the efforts of the employees.

In the mortgage business I think we all should have learned that making a loan which is of poor quality is not good business at all. To down grade employees because of their moral standards not approve or condone unethical behavior is wrong.

Not a Bank to work at, nor a Bank to your account at!

Former Employee - Bank Teller  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Regions Financial

Pros

Regions Bank was a great place to work at for a couple of months. They did offer some training and a great tuition reimbursement, if you work there long enough.

Cons

While I was in school full time, I would get calls from my manager to come in early or skip class so that they would not be short handed. Regions bank as a whole is not truly a bad place to work for, but it is a "Good Ole' Boy" run company and very sexist towards women in particular. I only stay with Regions for 2 very long years, but that was 729 days to long!

Listen to your tellers. They are the eyes and ears of your bank, and one on the hardest working members of your team. They will be able to tell you what needs to be changed and what will make the bank run smoother. A good rule of thumb, a happy teller is a happy customer. If the tellers are not happy, then the quality of customer service will go down.

Regions Financial Photos

Branch

+ Add Photo

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!