Regions Financial

www.regions.com

Regions Financial Reviews in Memphis, TN

Updated Jun 20, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move(in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen(in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service(in 11 reviews)

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working for Regions Financial was an interesting,educational,and rewarding experience.

Financial Services Specialist II (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe leadership there was great,there were positions for advancement,the atmosphere was positive and kept morale up and there chances to earn extra money by promoting products offered by the bank.

ConsSome of practices in sales were repetitive in that if the same customer called several times in one day,each associate he/she spoke with was required to discuss the same products on each call.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause the all industries are constantly changing in an effort to improve and be competitive,more time needs to be allowed for training and "hiccups" in new information should be corrected before it is presented to the associate to learn incorrectly.

The worst branch ever

Teller (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsI've met great people working at regions! It has also taught me to be cautious of everyone.

ConsThe sales goals are challenging. Every week it's something new when we haven't had the time to settle in the previous goal. As tellers, we don't get the respect we deserve. They act like we're nothing. KDS scores are important but they make it seem like we aren't doing our job because of one 4!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees. You guys are not superstars. You were once in our positions. We know you expect certain standards and outcomes but at least notice when we're performing well, instead of recognizing only the bad.

Regions...what a joke

Relationship Banker (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsSome of the best things about working in the Regions contact center (Green Line) is having the support of a great team...that's if you're lucky to get a good team leader and supervisor. Some of the daily competitions are cool and fun as well.

ConsThey push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service. You need to be selling credit cards to customers. If you're not selling, you're not worth their time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing, be available to assistance an employee if they need help instead of standing around with the irrelevant chitter chatter.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great employees at branch level - disconnect with upper mgmt however

Teller (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe training is top notch and very helpful. My fellow coworkers at the branch level were superb as well. One of the best teams I have every worked on. We all genuninely cared for one another and picked up each others slack with no questions asked. My manager genuinely wanted me to be as succesful as possible and helped me to try and achieve my goals.

ConsUpper management is disconnected from its workers at the branch level. All they care about is sales goals and customer service scores. Customer service scores are very skewed. You only get 10 surveys per branch a month that are weighted heavily. They are done by Gallup and consist of 5 or 6 questions based on a scale of 1(lowest) to 5(highest). If you get a 5 then it is comparable to getting a 100. If you get a 1-4 it is essentially a 0. Your branch's attitude and demeanor essentially is based off of your customer svc score. If you got a good score Upper mgmt says good job and you don't really hear from them for a month. If you received a poor score anything below an 80 essentially upper mgmt has your manager and possibly you on conference calls the entire month. Our regional manager "motivated" employees by constantly telling them how easily replaceable they were. I interviewed for a promotion ( sales oriented) after a year and a half and was told I did not have enough sales experience so was denied. I promptly interviewed at a main competitor and was offered a position. After being offered this position at a competitor upper management wanted me to interview with them again. I declined. And believe me.....this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within your company more often. Your training is top of the line at the branch level. Stop wasting time focusing too much time on the difference between a 5 and 4 in customer service. A 4 isn't the best but it is far from being awful. Treat your employees with respect and be grateful they are there. And stop wasting so much time on conference calls and morning meetings that accomplish nothing. 2 a week are sufficient.

Customers

Teller III (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsLike to help customers with their banking

ConsHave to say customers name 3 times and tell them ours''name plate---name badge and they are in the bank daily. Goals too high, we see same people and they don't need any more products. Like a 3 ring circus some days

Advice to Senior ManagementIf managers have a good year they are in chairman's club, with big big payouts. Last manager did nothing. for the employes that made it happen. Tellers are the backbone of a branch, reward us with more monetary gains.

Regions overall is a good place to work.

Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThey have good benefits and they are good with community involvement and participation.

ConsThe cons was really all from location. I worked in a geographical location that made it hard to meet some goals.

Contact Center Agent

Contatc Center Agent (Current Employee) Cordova, TN

ProsFlexiblity in schedule, many incentives for sales goals, friendly environment

ConsCan be stressful due to hybrid job duties of taking a inbound service-based phone call and having to turn it into a sales(needs) based call.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

The definition of micromanagement.

Financial Services Specialist II (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe salary and benefits are decent. Training is top-notch. Company vision above the area level is very positive. It is a good way to get into the banking industry.

ConsThis company really is the definition of micromanagement. I often find myself writing reports about reports that were about reports. If you miss a goal (many of the goals are unattainable) you will hear about it from your assistant manager, manager, market manager, district manager etc.. along with countless conference calls and reports(all this wasted time will cause you to miss more goals and continue the vicious cycle). There is also too much job overlap - branch level is currently only focusing on cold calling(we have a telebanking department) and door to door sales, which is counter-productive in today's day and age. This makes it difficult to hit our goals which are based on consumer banking. Also, the goals are always increasing, while they lower the points we get per product. It really just seems like the company is trying to get out of paying bonuses, which doesn't help morale much. Also, make sure you apply to a busy branch - they don't scale goals by branch, so if you're at a slow branch you will never hit your goals. The yearly raises are also an insult - I got the highest rating possible only to get a raise that worked out to be $13 a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that your company vision is being maintained in each market. Listen to your employees in high turnover areas - banking customers do not like turnover, so you're really hurting yourself with this one. Move into the 21st century - cold calling and door to door sales are dead. This will only damage your integrity and lower employee morale.

Advancement not based on quality of work

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsMany good people on staff
    Team attitudes

Conslack of opportunity
    lack of leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to start listening to the employees actually to the job.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Satisfied with local management, but have serious doubts in corporate executives ability to lead the company.

Business Banker (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsLocal management and work atmosphere; decent bonuses if you are able to exceed your goals; flexible work schedule as long as meeting goals

ConsCorporate executives seem to have a lack of concern for their employees. Seem to be very focused on making money for themselves while cutting out perks and cutting bonuses for staff that actually produces businesses. Lack of communication on where the company it going.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to be more in tune with what actually gets results. Decrease reporting and meeting to allow staff to focus on business development. Determine what information is absolutely crucial and the most efficient way to obtain this information. Request the input of employees who will be the end users of new procedures and initiatives to determine anticipated results.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!