Regions Financial
www.regions.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros:
  • "Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Competitive benefits and good work life balance"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management is disconnected from its workers at the branch level"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Sales goals can be a little unrealistic sometimes"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company

Business Banker (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Regions Financial part-time for more than 3 years

ProsAbilities are rewarded. Promotions available for those who are willing to work for it. Great co-workers - I really enjoyed it. Great experience and a good way to build up resume.

ConsStressful environment, can sometimes feel like support is lacking. Could be better about communicating expectations to workforce. Management could do a better job at setting the company direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore support

Great company with aggressive sales focus.

I have been working at Regions Financial

ProsGreat competitive pay and benefits.

ConsCertain areas are TOO aggressive.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on enjoy life.

Great corporate culture with plenty of opportunity for upward mobility.

Branch Service Leader (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsRegions provides many opportunities for employees to move up the ladder, provides solid career paths, and typically helps to promote within the company. Every manager I have worked for has been fair and willing to help develop me as an employee. Rarely do I run across somebody I absolutely can't stand to work with.

ConsSometimes salary seems low for the responsibilities required in the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunity for sales training among associates.

Excellent

Prime Time Teller (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at Regions Financial part-time for less than a year

ProsExtensive training/ support (mentorship), awesome company culture, really fun environment and bonuses for meeting referral/sales goals, great pay for prime time tellers. It was the perfect job for me while I was in college.

ConsSales goals can appear challenging, but with the right coaching and support they are completely achievable

great work/life balance and superb middle management. salary and compensation were lacking, however.

Portfolio Manager (Current Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Prosflexible hours and friendly work environment. promote from within and are keen to develop young talent. great place to start a career in finance.

Conscompensation and benefits are not great. i guess thats one of the tradeoffs to a relaxed work environment. coworkers can be unambitious. this sometimes makes project work difficult.

Enjoyed my time at Regions

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee)
Huntsville, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of training opportunities and encouragement for success in role

ConsHigh pressure, lots of multitasking requirements, compensation for employees getting promoted minimal- an encouragement to leave the company and renegotiate

Not a big bank, which is good and bad.

Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

ProsSmall bank feel. Not a lot of politics in the branches. The sales goal's are manageable and not too oppressive like other places I've worked at. Management seems to understand a work life balance and the benefits are on par with the industry.

ConsTechnology is lagging in some areas. In this position you will have a lot of work to do for simple tasks. Other banks I've worked for want you to sell products, this bank wants you to sell and handle all the maintenance issues that are very time consuming. A lot of operational issues here too. You'll spend 50% of your time with clients (selling/maintenance), and the other 50% is spent submitting paperwork and pulling reports for said sales and maintenance. This bank operates similar to a bank 10 years in the past. There seems to be very little branch support in form of teller functions (deposit holds, balancing, fraud etc.). If you end up working on the teller line be careful, they are just looking for ways to fire someone for taking a deposit and not putting a hold on the checks. Branches are getting thin on staffing, but that seems to be the norm for banks now a day's, so be prepared to be on the teller line some.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet us do what we do best...sell! We spend way too much time doing operational stuff when we could be on the phone or talking to clients.

The worst branch ever

Teller (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

ProsI've met great people working at regions! It has also taught me to be cautious of everyone.

ConsThe sales goals are challenging. Every week it's something new when we haven't had the time to settle in the previous goal. As tellers, we don't get the respect we deserve. They act like we're nothing. KDS scores are important but they make it seem like we aren't doing our job because of one 4!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know your employees. You guys are not superstars. You were once in our positions. We know you expect certain standards and outcomes but at least notice when we're performing well, instead of recognizing only the bad.

Regions...what a joke

Relationship Banker (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome of the best things about working in the Regions contact center (Green Line) is having the support of a great team...that's if you're lucky to get a good team leader and supervisor. Some of the daily competitions are cool and fun as well.

ConsThey push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service. You need to be selling credit cards to customers. If you're not selling, you're not worth their time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing, be available to assistance an employee if they need help instead of standing around with the irrelevant chitter chatter.

Branch Team Leader

I have been working at Regions Financial

ProsNice hours and holidays, people

Conslittle growth opportunity, low salary, understaffed, behind on technology

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regions Financial CEO O. B. Grayson Hall Jr. All 311 reviews posted anonymously by Regions Financial employees.