Regions Financial

www.regions.com

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros
  • Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move(in 16 reviews)

• Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen(in 21 reviews)

• They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service(in 11 reviews)

Room for Growth

Bsl (Current Employee)

ProsCoaching tools, training, benefits. Great team of engaged co-workers

ConsRaises are slim, consistency is challenging...should be able to be paid out for unused sick time.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition in pay, not dinner or prizes. Take notice in how many hats we wear, and reward us with a decent raise.

Good company with great people!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to move up if you apply yourself.

ConsNot much room for raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementA candy bar and printed out certificate or pizza party is not sufficient reward for a job well done. Grown ups like money...

Has been a good place to work in the past but the last few years it's taken a downturn.

Branch Team Leader (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits, good team members for the most part, good work-life balance

ConsSo sales oriented now that it's hard to enjoy your day to day customer interactions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive fair PE values for products, quit reducing them every quarter. Consider changing the incentive plan altogether so we are encouraged to not only sale, but have fun doing it. Better products would help with that as well. Also, a "thank you" or "I appreciate your hard work" would go a long way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lowest Paying Bank

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Tupelo, MS

ProsExcellent benefits, focus is on customer service not just sales, excellent continuous training, strong operationally and a nice place to work

ConsLow salaries, limited staffing, goals are reset each year so when you make your goal they reward you by increasing it the next year!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf they want to retain experienced managers and cut down on management turnover they should consider promoting from within and pay a competitive salary.

The experience was long but worth it.

ProsStability, HourS, Benefits, Pay, Potential to advance

ConsThe only Con I have is the Long processing time.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great start to a career

Teller (Former Employee)

ProsGood company to work for and get your foot in the door.
    Co-workers are more than willing to help you learn & grow.
    Qualify for benefits at 30hrs per week.

ConsDepending on the market - upward mobility could be stifled.
    At 30 hrs a week - still considered part time and don't qualify for any vacation time

Working for Regions Financial was an interesting,educational,and rewarding experience.

Financial Services Specialist II (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe leadership there was great,there were positions for advancement,the atmosphere was positive and kept morale up and there chances to earn extra money by promoting products offered by the bank.

ConsSome of practices in sales were repetitive in that if the same customer called several times in one day,each associate he/she spoke with was required to discuss the same products on each call.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause the all industries are constantly changing in an effort to improve and be competitive,more time needs to be allowed for training and "hiccups" in new information should be corrected before it is presented to the associate to learn incorrectly.

Overall good company

Prosgood benefits, good coworkers, great training. Good company overall at national level.

ConsAdvancement may be slow. Hard to believe things upper management says until actually see it happen... Have been told one thing and another thing happens. All depends on local upper management.

Great Company, Strong Leadership

Compliance Officer (Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsGood Benefits, Great Atmosphere, Above average Compensation. Good Structure and you know what to expect.

ConsPromotions can be political. Employees in the production side could be more respected.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR processes could be much more efficient. Treat inside employment candidates as equal as outside candidates.

Good opportunities if you work at it

Financial Services Specialist (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsTraining is pretty good all around, from service, to regulations, to sales.
    Back office puts together generally good campaign lead lists to call for sales which can greatly benefit the customer.
    You have the potential to help people and make a bit of commission, but you have to use the tools that the company provides to do the work.
    Good support from inside the company between branch management and help line.
    Company seems to always be growing and making a profit.
    Good work/life balance - manager gave me free paid (non-vacation) day off to allow me to move.
    Sometimes they have sales contests for paid time off.

ConsYou can potentially spend a lot of time on the phone calling for sales. Management pushes sales hard. A lot of the work can feel like a waste of time. It's customer service, so you end up dealing with a lot of unhappy customers. Experiences are different in different locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that all the things you ask of your employees are actually useful to accomplishing your company goals.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!