Regions Financial
www.regions.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

Regions Financial Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014
Regions Financial – Birmingham – “Branch”

Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance is great, overtime is quite rare"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Easy to advance in company, semi-national company (not a small town bank), good benefits"
    in 26 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper Management manages by intimidation and are completely unproffessional"
    in 19 reviews
  • "They push sales so hard that you're no longer focused on customer service"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Working for Regions Financial was an interesting,educational,and rewarding experience.

Financial Services Specialist II (Former Employee)
    Memphis, TN

ProsThe leadership there was great,there were positions for advancement,the atmosphere was positive and kept morale up and there chances to earn extra money by promoting products offered by the bank.

ConsSome of practices in sales were repetitive in that if the same customer called several times in one day,each associate he/she spoke with was required to discuss the same products on each call.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause the all industries are constantly changing in an effort to improve and be competitive,more time needs to be allowed for training and "hiccups" in new information should be corrected before it is presented to the associate to learn incorrectly.

Wonderful company to work for.

ProsProfessional atmosphere with great chance for advancement. Bonus structure. Great working conditions and facilities.

ConsIndustry is changing through no fault of Regions Bank and most of the customers coming into the bank are those of lower incomes, with problems or with overdrawn accounts which they don't feel are their fault.

Excellent Company

Bank Teller (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsGreat Pay, benefits, and hours Management Listens and understands employees concerns

ConsCustomer service and having to deal with peoples money can be frustrating

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

ProsThe company putos people first. The work environment is great. Great management. I love it here. It is a great company to build a career. Though I don't have every luxury, I have everything that I need in order to be successful and have a fulfilling career here.It's the best bank that I have worked for.

ConsI am happy with my compensation, though I have heard others say that it is average.

Regions is a very nice place to work!

Information Technology (Current Employee)
    Hoover, AL

ProsGreat personal and professional growth opportunities. Competitive compensation. Very much committed to promoting from within and developing leaders internally. Friendly yet professional work atmosphere.

ConsBenefits are just average. Can't really think of any other cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more willing to listen to associates and not be so narrow minded. Think out of the box and be a little more open to change even if it means a bit more risk.

Overall great experience. Will definitely stay awhile.

Vice President, Marketing (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

ProsNot the best compensation in the world, but the benefits are good. Small annual salary increase based on your performance and the company performance. (Basically cost of living/inflation adjustment.) I started out with 3 weeks of vacation being an exempt employee. You earn a 4th week of vacation after 5 calendar years with the company. 401k 4% match. Work/life balance is great. They understand last minute things come up and you have to take care of it. Lots of opportunity for advancement in or outside your department.

ConsNo tuition reimbursement for Master's Degrees or MBA, only undergraduate.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the customer, especially younger ones. The majority of our current customers are getting older and their needs are not the same as younger customers. Invest in technology and don't charge for it. Change policies to benefit the customer rather than the company. (i.e. Reg E, check cashing, etc.)

Great company with aggressive sales focus.

ProsGreat competitive pay and benefits.

ConsCertain areas are TOO aggressive.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on enjoy life.

Great corporate culture with plenty of opportunity for upward mobility.

Branch Service Leader (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

ProsRegions provides many opportunities for employees to move up the ladder, provides solid career paths, and typically helps to promote within the company. Every manager I have worked for has been fair and willing to help develop me as an employee. Rarely do I run across somebody I absolutely can't stand to work with.

ConsSometimes salary seems low for the responsibilities required in the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunity for sales training among associates.

Excellent

Prime Time Teller (Former Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsExtensive training/ support (mentorship), awesome company culture, really fun environment and bonuses for meeting referral/sales goals, great pay for prime time tellers. It was the perfect job for me while I was in college.

ConsSales goals can appear challenging, but with the right coaching and support they are completely achievable

Regions is a great company to work for.

Teller (Current Employee)
    Bainbridge, GA

ProsYou get to be apart of something greater.

ConsThe only con I seen was that our branch was as involved as other branches on different things.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would really let each Branch express themselves a little more. It may gain more customers.

Worked for Regions Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regions Financial CEO O. B. Grayson Hall Jr. All 349 reviews posted anonymously by Regions Financial employees.