Regions Hospital

Brock D. Nelson

Fantastic

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Opportunities are everywhere to further, education, and skills. Regions is invested in a healthy workplace and has a strong leadership to support ideas

Cons

Everything is great. Leadership does a great job at connecting with all levels of Organization

NA

Regions

Current Employee - Mental Health Associate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Mental Health Associate in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Great co-workers who are easy to work with. Competitive pay and great benefits

Cons

There are many changes occuring all the time. Sometimes it takes a white for all the kinks to get worked out.

Proud to at Regions!

Pros

Regions says it values Compassion, Partnership, Excellence and Integrity -- and I believe it. I see these lived out every day by my colleagues. It's great to know that I am part of an organization that caress about people...not just their bodies...but the whole being. I have great colleagues, and a great boss who is smart, supportive, and fun to work with.

Cons

I can't really think of any As a non-profit we don't have money to throw at problems....but frankly I think it makes us more innovative and creative.

Keep up the great work. Keep the lines of communication open with your employees and with patients and families....it's the right thing to do and it is appreciated!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I Don't Recommend Working or Seeking Care at Regions Hospital or HealthPartners

Pros

My co-workers are lovely people to work with.

Cons

As a low level administrative employee I'm frequently asked for "input" and "my opinion", either in person or through one of the MANY online surveys they ask us to complete. However, I have never seen any suggestion or tip acknowledged or embraced in any capacity. My first supervisor was lovely, but a complete micro-manager to the point where he would take over even the smallest of tasks for everyone in our department, or get very anxious if we chose to handle a task in a manner different from him, even though the end result was the same.

My second manager is nice, but he has little to no experience in healthcare, but rather in the hospitality industry. Upper management hired him because of his business background (their words, not mine). As such, he would rather run a bare bones ship in order to achieve cost savings goals, but then he wonders why things don't run smoothly or aren't getting done in a timely fashion. Gee, what a noodle scratcher.

On a personal note, I had a HORRIBLE experience in the ED at Regions. They did not realize I was a Regions employee and they treated myself and my family terribly. The nurses were belittling and condescending. I will NEVER return to Regions. I will NEVER recommend Regions or HealthPartners, and I greatly look forward to quitting.

Instead of trying to "Connect the Dots" through ridiculous and costly team building activities, make your employees feel appreciated by giving them an appropriate raise and listening to the opinions and suggestions you say you value. My yearly reviews have always been exemplary and my two 10-cent raises in 3 years are an insult. The onslaught of water bottles, stress balls, lapel pins, and pens all emblazoned with the Regions and/or HP logos are of no help when it comes to paying the bills.

great inter professionals

Former Employee - Pca  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Pca in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Great teaching hospital and many opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Too much personal conflicts of interest mingled in with work politics which makes the working environment toxic and unproductive thus giving patients a bad experience.

Department logistic could be better improved to provide patients and their families with a better experience.

Employee

Pros

Good pay. Company values employee wellness.

Cons

Disconnect between management and front line staff.

worked here for over 10 years

Pros

coworkers are competent and work well together

Cons

management more worried about budget then patient care

adjust budget to take into account todays very sick patients are time consuming

Health Unit Coordinator

Former Employee - Health Unit Coordinator  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Pretty flexible place to work; they're open 24/7/365!

Cons

They're open 24/7/365, not a lot of room for 'growth' unless you go to college again.

Good team work, excellent physicians

Current Employee - Psychiatric Nurse  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Psychiatric Nurse in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Management has your side with any issues, patient load is fair

Cons

none! great company and if not for relocation i would still be there!

Keep up the great work!

Stay away if you have any self-respect . . . because they'll do everything they can to take it away.

Current Employee - Midlevel  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Midlevel in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Nice co-workers, extremely competent and if they were the only factor in job satisfaction, this would be a 5 star place to work.

Cons

Management philosophy - if you keep people involved in committees and faux efforts to improve the workplace, they'll be happy being paid less and less each year as compared to increases in the cost of living. Ignoring true innovators so that they either get tired of hammering their head against a brick wall or find a more forward thinking company.

Hire some managers who have a forward thinking agenda, who actually appreciate their employees and listen to them.

Worked for Regions Hospital? Contribute to the Community!