Regions Hospital

Add Photos

Brock D. Nelson

Proud to at Regions!

I have been working at Regions Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

ProsRegions says it values Compassion, Partnership, Excellence and Integrity -- and I believe it. I see these lived out every day by my colleagues. It's great to know that I am part of an organization that caress about people...not just their bodies...but the whole being. I have great colleagues, and a great boss who is smart, supportive, and fun to work with.

ConsI can't really think of any As a non-profit we don't have money to throw at problems....but frankly I think it makes us more innovative and creative.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Keep the lines of communication open with your employees and with patients and families....it's the right thing to do and it is appreciated!

I Don't Recommend Working or Seeking Care at Regions Hospital or HealthPartners

I have been working at Regions Hospital part-time

ProsMy co-workers are lovely people to work with.

ConsAs a low level administrative employee I'm frequently asked for "input" and "my opinion", either in person or through one of the MANY online surveys they ask us to complete. However, I have never seen any suggestion or tip acknowledged or embraced in any capacity. My first supervisor was lovely, but a complete micro-manager to the point where he would take over even the smallest of tasks for everyone in our department, or get very anxious if we chose to handle a task in a manner different from him, even though the end result was the same.

My second manager is nice, but he has little to no experience in healthcare, but rather in the hospitality industry. Upper management hired him because of his business background (their words, not mine). As such, he would rather run a bare bones ship in order to achieve cost savings goals, but then he wonders why things don't run smoothly or aren't getting done in a timely fashion. Gee, what a noodle scratcher.

On a personal note, I had a HORRIBLE experience in the ED at Regions. They did not realize I was a Regions employee and they treated myself and my family terribly. The nurses were belittling and condescending. I will NEVER return to Regions. I will NEVER recommend Regions or HealthPartners, and I greatly look forward to quitting.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of trying to "Connect the Dots" through ridiculous and costly team building activities, make your employees feel appreciated by giving them an appropriate raise and listening to the opinions and suggestions you say you value. My yearly reviews have always been exemplary and my two 10-cent raises in 3 years are an insult. The onslaught of water bottles, stress balls, lapel pins, and pens all emblazoned with the Regions and/or HP logos are of no help when it comes to paying the bills.

great inter professionals

PCA (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat teaching hospital and many opportunities to learn and grow

ConsToo much personal conflicts of interest mingled in with work politics which makes the working environment toxic and unproductive thus giving patients a bad experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDepartment logistic could be better improved to provide patients and their families with a better experience.

Employee

I have been working at Regions Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood pay. Company values employee wellness.

ConsDisconnect between management and front line staff.

worked here for over 10 years

I have been working at Regions Hospital

Proscoworkers are competent and work well together

Consmanagement more worried about budget then patient care

Advice to Senior Managementadjust budget to take into account todays very sick patients are time consuming

Health Unit Coordinator

Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Regions Hospital part-time for more than 5 years

ProsPretty flexible place to work; they're open 24/7/365!

ConsThey're open 24/7/365, not a lot of room for 'growth' unless you go to college again.

Good team work, excellent physicians

Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regions Hospital part-time for more than 5 years

ProsManagement has your side with any issues, patient load is fair

Consnone! great company and if not for relocation i would still be there!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Stay away if you have any self-respect . . . because they'll do everything they can to take it away.

Midlevel (Current Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Regions Hospital full-time for more than a year

ProsNice co-workers, extremely competent and if they were the only factor in job satisfaction, this would be a 5 star place to work.

ConsManagement philosophy - if you keep people involved in committees and faux efforts to improve the workplace, they'll be happy being paid less and less each year as compared to increases in the cost of living. Ignoring true innovators so that they either get tired of hammering their head against a brick wall or find a more forward thinking company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some managers who have a forward thinking agenda, who actually appreciate their employees and listen to them.

Great place to work

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regions Hospital

ProsNon union, well paid, good support from management.

ConsLike every other ER, verbal and physical abuse by patients and families toward staff.

My experience with Regions hospital has been rewarding and challenging at the same time!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regions Hospital

ProsThe professionalism and team work I have experienced there has been unmatched in my 20 years of working.

ConsVery high census at times. Typical of most hospitals

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Worked for Regions Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regions Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regions Hospital CEO Brock D. Nelson. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Regions Hospital employees.