Regions Hospital Reviews

Megan Remark

1. RN

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Always opportunity to lean. Great place to work!

Cons

East parking with no skywalk

2. Regions Hospital has been a blessing

I have been working at Regions Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My career so far at Regions has been the best experience. My team and manager are really great and I feel appreciated every day. I enjoy being able to work for an organization that puts the patients and families first, regardless of the position you work in. The work is hard and fast paced, but it's very rewarding. The support we get from leadership is great and the overall environment is friendly and feels like a second family. I love working at Regions and will be here for a long time!

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have a succession ladder. Employees stay for a long time, so it's more difficult to move ahead to more senior positions.

3. Great place

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Regions Hospital part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here at Regions. My coworkers and managers are so supportive and caring. Great benefits, especially with PTO, even with part time work.

Cons

People work here for a long time so there is not that much room for career advancement. Things don't open up too often.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing a great job listening to employees concerns, it's just too bad that it's all about the patient experience scores and getting funding for good scores.

Great Company; Great Culture

I have been working at Regions Hospital full-time

Pros

The culture here is fantastic. You will see the CEO in the hallway, having conversations with everyone. The organization itself is very community focused and I see the ways it gives back. Benefits for it's employees might be some of the best in the city. Work/life balance is outstanding!

Cons

People are here for a long time, which doesn't leave much room for growth. Since it is not for profit organization, you aren't being paid top dollar like some other organizations.

Advice to Management

Create succession plans with your engaged employees, make them feel valued.

6. Great start!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Regions Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have had a really great experience with Regions Hospital. Since I have started employment, I have been welcomed by everyone on my team and everyone has been so helpful and friendly. My manager has also been great; I have obtained more responsibility and feel like I am really an asset to my team. Aside from my work experience, the benefits are great - especially the PTO schedule. My co-workers also encourage me to utilize it, and we are very helpful towards each other when we need a day or two off.

Cons

Paying for parking every month is probably the biggest con that I can think of right now. It is kind of a bummer, but at the same time, it is nice to know that my vechicle is in a safe and secure parking ramp.

7. Regions Hospital RN

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, Orthopedics in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse, Orthopedics in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Regions Hospital (Less than a year)

Pros

The bennefits are highly compeditive. They have and aggressive PTO acrumint schedule. The managment is very flexible. The hospiatal has had a high census for the past year= lots of work to be had. I got hired as a 0.5 and have yet to work less than 0.7

Cons

The hospiatal has had a high census for the past year= lots of work to be done. There was a rush to get me on the floor and as a new grad, I didnt have a ton of confidence in working alone.

May 21, 2015 – Workforce Planning Manager

Welcome to Regions Hospital! I'm so glad you've chosen to bring your nursing career here! Being a new grad nurse at our busy level-one trauma center can be both daunting and exciting! More and ... More

8. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

People here are really engaged and want to make a difference for patients and families. According to the most recent employee survey 90% of staff are satisfied with Regions as their employer--I'm one of those 90%! There is a true commitment to do what is best for the patient and an equal focus on supporting employees. I'm really impressed with wellness support such as the resiliency center and our new employee fitness center that will open this year (our current fitness center is a bit small!)

Cons

The healthcare industry is a challenge. Finding the right balance to have the "extras" while maintaining financial viability is a challenge. Our leadership team has done a great job managing our financial health and long-term viability...but sometimes it's hard to "do without".

Advice to Management

Continue wellness initiatives for staff and continue to enhance communication. Communication is great--but you can't over-communicate so keep at it!

9. Challenging Leadership Environment

I worked at Regions Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unit staff and physicians very engaged in the work, wanting to deliver high level care and improve processes. Great career opportunities, as turn-over is so high, there are plenty of positions to choose from.

Cons

Suboptimal leadership direction and accountability. Antiquated data/measurement and lack of strong patient safety tracking system.

Advice to Management

Evaluate Sr. Leadership and above and reposition to utilize talents accordingly. Very top heavy leadership structure; perhaps with individuals who have been promoted to the level of incompetency?

May 21, 2015 – Workforce Planning Manager

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. Our recent engagement survey had the highest participation yet, and resulted in the highest engagement scores ever which supports your comment that ... More

10. Don't Do It! Just Don't!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Regions Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To be completely honest the ONLY thing I can drum up as a pro at this awful place is the PTO amount.......even though you could never get enough time away from this place to recharge.

Cons

Anything and everything. No breaks, awful management and pretty crappy pay for the peons of the hospital even though we did 25X more than the staff getting paid more than double what we were. Regions is a very top heavy organization and because of this the little people do an obscene amount of work because they "can't afford" to hire anyone else. Meanwhile management is nowhere to be found if there is a patient situation, especially around holidays or Friday afternoons. Life has never been better since getting away from the toxic environment that is Regions.

Advice to Management

Listen to ALL of your employees and not just your personal favorites. Remember that without us little people your organization or department fails to function properly. The response from my former manager when I brought an issue to her that affected patient care was this "Do you even want to work here?" Based on that answer I'd also like to tell management to grow up and act like a professional instead of a high school mean girl.

May 21, 2015 – Workforce Planning Manager

I'm sorry to hear your experience at Regions was not positive. While our recent employee engagement survey showed 90% of our employees are happy with Regions as their employer, we recognize that ... More

Mediocre hospital

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Great team work among nursing staff. Salary was adequate with occasional raises.

Cons

Management is horrible. There is no accepting fault when things go wrong (and they do severly go wrong). Watch your back if you work there the management is ruthless when they don't feel they need you anymore and will do ANYTHING to get you out!

Advice to Management

There is a definite us versus them mentality! At least I made it out alive!

May 21, 2015 – Workforce Planning Manager

Regrettably, sometimes things go very wrong. It sounds like that was your experience and I'm very sorry to hear it. We are committed to continuing our work to develop leaders and staff alike and to ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed