Regis Corporation
www.regiscorp.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
Regis Corporation – Scottsdale – “Pretty Basic”

Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan

Daniel J. Hanrahan

Pros:
  • "paid vacation, although it's minimum wage it's better than nothing"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Great culture with an emphasis on work/life balance"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "The lack of communication to the level 1 teams from upper management sure didn't help"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Minimum wage as a base salary with no chance of reaching a decent commission rate"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

boy have they changed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey used to care not anymore

Conscorp. not organized keep changing

Advice to Senior Managementget organized and know what you are doing

Overall Good

Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat work/life balance, family atmosphere, free lunch, fun industry.

ConsSalary - raises were hardly 2% if anything. Lack of support in IT and outdated technology. Upper management not willing to try new things - with new CEO things are changing but it will take time to put Regis back where it was back in the day. Terrible health insurance!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the basics of the salon industry. Spend a little money to get current with technology both in the salons and in the corporate office and don't be afraid to spend a little money to retain good people.

still on government assistance after working for Regis for 15 years

Orlando, FL

ProsWill hire anyone with a license, reguardless of skills.
    Located everywhere
    Good products to work with.

ConsYou have to work nights and you have to work weekends per corporate. This company only cares about the numbers. Pay scale is designed to make Regis money. Corporate promises raises, but doesn't come through, only strings you along. Screws you out of vacation pay. Guaranteed pay is only minimum wage, and is frowned upon and could get you let go and I've seen people get talked into quitting so they wouldn't have to fire so they wouldn't have to pay unemployment. I would never advise someone to work at any Regis location or any of their other salons. They are the most greedy company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvise to take a course in ethics.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

moving up = less tech, more exec, but low-level mgmt = awesome. Bottom line: move on as quickly as possible!

Help Desk Analyst I (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

Proslow-level mgmt is down-to-earth
    good entry-level experience with help desk 1 and basic network troubleshooting
    free food all three meals (gets a bit repetitive)

Consvertical/lateral transitions are difficult
    exec to mgmt to help desk communication is consistently poor and inconsiderate
    very low pay

Advice to Senior Managementblindly striving to put more money in your pocket damages the work environments of everyone else and hence your own...

famous hair- Regis salon

Manager (Current Employee)
    Canton, OH

Prosroom for growth.. don't have to "get" your own customers.. all of your supplies are supplied.

Conssalon services/ products only caters to European hair textures. micro management in salons. since under new ownership (Regis) salons have been undergoing SEVERAL changes.

Advice to Senior Managementmoney is not everything.. some people can be so money hungry and unpersonable I think they sometimes forget to take care of employees

The Smart Ones will leave after 1-3 months

Level I POS Support (Current Employee)
    Edina, MN

Prosgreat entry level for students out of college.
    remote access to salon site where you fix the issue by yourself.
    Lots of experience to learned from.
    Communication and writing is the number one thing I can not stress from working at this place.

ConsThe leads here are the worst. They themselves do not even know the supersalon issues to the point where if you asked them for help, they will direct you to a HPK article for troubleshooting references.
    What do that show to me? It shows that the leads there were chosen randomly with no IT background.
    Lastly the super-visors, being on paperwork for 5 min. plus doesn't mean that we are wasting corporate's pay, we are SPEANDING THOSE 5 MIN PLUS JUST TO LOOK FOR A HPK ID number.
    With the lack of training, me and the people that started together only got 2 days of training and went live afterward.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know, instead of directing your level 1 support to HPK, tell your level 1 support how to fix the issue.
    The problem is not HPK, it is that level 1 support already spent enough time to where they came to YOU, the leads and Super-visors just to get directed back to HPK.

stylist

Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber (Current Employee)
    Naples, FL

Pros2 percent commision on retail! mandatory Sundays, 2.00 wk deduction on pay check with no explanation why.....No further education,,,,,sell, sell sell.......10 yrs with company and BIG changes within......LOOK ELSEWHERE! No Contributing 401k....Expensive Health Care ..if you can call it that! Employee discounts offered 1 time a month! LOL ...

ConsUmmm...said it all in the pros.....not sure there are any!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're hairstylist as well....stand up for yours behind the chair!

Ex manager who gave her all and nothing to show for it

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI use to love working there till they put a local manager, made her dristrict leader, who was on a power trip and made 5 of us quit.

ConsWhen they bring in a greenhorn and bully, and makes the manager feel like it is no longer her salon use to love working there till they made a local manager drstrict leader

Advice to Senior ManagementUs workers are the ones that make your pay checks, hire only district leaders that work with there managers not against them , don't hire managers to become district leaders that are control freaks, why very hard to work with this type of personally, the hard working manager will get so disgusted with this type of bullies , and will quit and walk out , not that they want to but have to , just to keep there sanity. You do realize how you ruin the life of a manager who lived , breathed , Regis for over 13 years with them , the manager who gave there all, I have had 8 district leaders that were good with me , this last one you made district leader awful, ,,,, and to think I hired her fresh out of beauty school , what a monster she turned into. We'll in a month I will lose my car to the bank, will be on the street because of the bully you just put in charge. I didn't need this type of person in my life , someday she will be in my shoes when she is 60 and a widow and will be faced to live on 0 income , why because they listened to her lies .

Salon manager at mastercuts

Salon Manager (Current Employee)

ProsSalon chain, guaranteed clientele, bonus every month if the shop makes its goal.

ConsHave to work long hours, the pay isn't that great for being the manager

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep managers pay them like your other salon chains, not a dollar more a hour when you work on a sliding pay scale and don't see a difference in your pay check.

Ups and downs, Regis is still trying to define itself.

Edina, MN

ProsVery loyal employees with a very deep knowledge.

ConsToo many chiefs not enough worker bees.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees.

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regis Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan. All 196 reviews posted anonymously by Regis Corporation employees.