Regis Corporation
www.regiscorp.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014
Regis Corporation – Scottsdale – “Pretty Basic”

Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan

Daniel J. Hanrahan

Pros:
  • "Great culture with an emphasis on work/life balance"
    in 5 reviews
  • "paid vacation, although it's minimum wage it's better than nothing"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "The lack of communication to the level 1 teams from upper management sure didn't help"
    in 19 reviews
  • "Minimum wage as a base salary with no chance of reaching a decent commission rate"
    in 16 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Ups and downs, Regis is still trying to define itself.

Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery loyal employees with a very deep knowledge.

ConsToo many chiefs not enough worker bees.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees.

middle of the road

Salon Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Prosalways get a pay check. on going education. nice atmosphere

Consstylist in the salons treated bad but stylist brings in the money. with out stylist there would be no company.

Advice to Senior Managementthere is a need of respect for the stylist. stop punishing stylist for a non busy salon, advertise more. please move into the present and strive for the future

regis is finally getting better

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Prosthis company is really changing for the good..I see dan making big changes that is company and industry needs.they really want to know how the employee feels and upper management is really being awesome..a new regis is coming

Consthe salary..if we want the best we need to get this company to pay more..7.50 to 850 for a manager is crazy

Advice to Senior Managementput the people in management that will make a difference

the ups and downs at regis chattanooga

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood job descent pay overtime if wanted

Consfavoritism back stabbing and low leadership skills

Advice to Senior Managementdon't let the employees tell you what they are or not going to do because of classification

On a downward spiral.... Future employees Beware!!

Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOffers lots of opportunities for advancement. Opportunity to build and create relationships with people that work at the HO and in other states.

ConsRegis used to be a family based company. It provided hardworking people growth opportunities. Since the addition of new CEO in 2012 things have gone south. They have laid of long term field staff, whole departments, and salon employees. These come without any prior notice. They promise employees better paying jobs, better incentives, and more opportunities for advancement. None of these are ever full-filled. They always expect and want more but never provide the resources to make it happen!! Rarely are you provided with feedback on performance improvement. Currently they are again restructuring! I say again because they had a restructure in 6/2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you say something then do it! If you make it a priority to "be the employer of choice" then be the employer of choice. Cutting costs isn't about hiring unqualified people for jobs to pay them less.

Fun Environment, stressful upper management.

Stylist (Former Employee)

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time for more than 3 years

ProsRegis owns many concepts, so there is a variety of salons that you can transfer to throughout the company and world. Continuing education is great when provided.

ConsMany concepts have a quantity far out ways quality sort of practice. Even when speed is not specifically stated in job requirements. Average pay for the same position in the same City is $3-4 lower than comparable business. Only promotions available require moving to commission before being considered. Benefits are nearly equal to paying for private personal insurance. Laws are often overlooked and those who point out the mistakes so improvements can be made find themselves with less hours and far less leeway than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the quality of the services being rendered rather than how fast a customer is moved out of the salon. More strongly enforce area supervisors following labor and discrimination laws.

A company that cannot find its way, used to be a much better place to work.

Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA lot of nice and talented people, though fewer now. There are not a lot of pros here anymore

ConsSr. Management as of 2013 is extremely short sited. Things must change, but this isn't the way to do it. Management keeps corporate staff in the dark much of the time. Rather than blame current state of company on past management team, they seem to blame the corporate staff. People are realizing that not only are the benefits horrible, so are salaries. Most people are looking to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in staff at HQ

can I sue regis?

Hair Stylist (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time for more than 3 years

Prosnone really. i witnessed my boss book appointments for stylists who were not comfortable doing highlights and from the get go thats not a good time.

Consonly spanish speaker in the salon. ( translator) in a mall where majority of customers speak little to no english. they're giving me 3 days off i'm barely hitting 24-25 hrs a week. my boss never cancelled my insurance, she insists that "it takes a couple of checks to go through and cancel " but the year is almost over and my checks have been like 199 each because she never faxed the info to hr to cancel my benefits :( i cant live with what they pay. and less than 3 classes a year, and whenever we had an educator teach us she always talked crap about there techniques. its sad because you go to school for that crappy pay?im so glad to be leaving to a better salon.

Advice to Senior Managementhire people who can speak more than one language.

Run the other way!

Hair Stylist (Former Employee)
Acworth, GA

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt is a good place to get experience because you encounter all hair types.

ConsPretty much everything else. Pay is crap- the more you work, the less you make! They are not interested in a stylist with talent...get them in and get their money. Does not matter if the customer leaves looking a hot mess.

Fun place to work if you don't need to make much money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt was an easy going place. Love the people I worked with and the clients. Had lots of fun.

ConsYour commission is %40. yes you can make 45% and 50% but it's hard because you share the work with so many other workers. 40% is a complete rip off.

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Regis Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan. All 183 reviews posted anonymously by Regis Corporation employees.