Regis Corporation

www.regiscorp.com

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Regis Corporation – Scottsdale – “Pretty Basic”

Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan

Daniel J. Hanrahan

Pros
  • Great culture with an emphasis on work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• paid vacation, although it's minimum wage it's better than nothing(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The lack of communication to the level 1 teams from upper management sure didn't help(in 20 reviews)

• I dislike making minimum wage or commission whichever is higher(in 18 reviews)

Ups and downs, Regis is still trying to define itself.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edina, MN

ProsVery loyal employees with a very deep knowledge.

ConsToo many chiefs not enough worker bees.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees.

middle of the road

Salon Manager (Current Employee)

Prosalways get a pay check. on going education. nice atmosphere

Consstylist in the salons treated bad but stylist brings in the money. with out stylist there would be no company.

Advice to Senior Managementthere is a need of respect for the stylist. stop punishing stylist for a non busy salon, advertise more. please move into the present and strive for the future

the ups and downs at regis chattanooga

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

Prosgood job descent pay overtime if wanted

Consfavoritism back stabbing and low leadership skills

Advice to Senior Managementdon't let the employees tell you what they are or not going to do because of classification

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

regis is finally getting better

Manager (Current Employee)

Prosthis company is really changing for the good..I see dan making big changes that is company and industry needs.they really want to know how the employee feels and upper management is really being awesome..a new regis is coming

Consthe salary..if we want the best we need to get this company to pay more..7.50 to 850 for a manager is crazy

Advice to Senior Managementput the people in management that will make a difference

Nice people, bad company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe technical staff was very friendly and easy to work with. They want to do a good job. The company provides free lunch food though many employees go out.

ConsManagers did not hesitate to lie. They used software illegally. The CEO receives a large bonus that does not depend on how well the company does.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire, don't fire, the people who understand the business.

Corporate leaders need to work a day in the salon

Stylist (Current Employee)

ProsI really do not have many positive things to say anymore...new policies and protocols in recent months have really impacted the overall working experience here

ConsWhere to start?
    poor commission pay, expensive benefits, no incentive for long term employees, not enough staff, turning away clientel, optimized scheduling worst idea ever for walk in salons, poor management if any at all, micromanagement from higher ups, no set schedule for stylists with clientel, working every weekend, no accomadations or flexibilty with scheduling, unsafe working conditions, ect....ect...

Advice to Senior ManagementCome into some salons, stand behind a chair, work alone in a salon...just for one day....Improve the scheduling system because all the market analysis and research you did was a waste of time figuring out your new "optimized scheduling"...it doesnt work in a walk in salons..You will never generate new business by having one stylist on shift, turning 15 to 20 people a shift away because of long wait times...LISTEN to your stylists as we are the ones working hard making YOU money!! Give some better incentives to work for you because after 10 years of this nonsense (as a manager and stylist) Im ready to walk WITH my clientel that I earned and brought into YOUR business!

On a downward spiral.... Future employees Beware!!

Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsOffers lots of opportunities for advancement. Opportunity to build and create relationships with people that work at the HO and in other states.

ConsRegis used to be a family based company. It provided hardworking people growth opportunities. Since the addition of new CEO in 2012 things have gone south. They have laid of long term field staff, whole departments, and salon employees. These come without any prior notice. They promise employees better paying jobs, better incentives, and more opportunities for advancement. None of these are ever full-filled. They always expect and want more but never provide the resources to make it happen!! Rarely are you provided with feedback on performance improvement. Currently they are again restructuring! I say again because they had a restructure in 6/2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you say something then do it! If you make it a priority to "be the employer of choice" then be the employer of choice. Cutting costs isn't about hiring unqualified people for jobs to pay them less.

Fun Environment, stressful upper management.

Stylist (Former Employee)

ProsRegis owns many concepts, so there is a variety of salons that you can transfer to throughout the company and world. Continuing education is great when provided.

ConsMany concepts have a quantity far out ways quality sort of practice. Even when speed is not specifically stated in job requirements. Average pay for the same position in the same City is $3-4 lower than comparable business. Only promotions available require moving to commission before being considered. Benefits are nearly equal to paying for private personal insurance. Laws are often overlooked and those who point out the mistakes so improvements can be made find themselves with less hours and far less leeway than others.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the quality of the services being rendered rather than how fast a customer is moved out of the salon. More strongly enforce area supervisors following labor and discrimination laws.

Fun place to work if you don't need to make much money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was an easy going place. Love the people I worked with and the clients. Had lots of fun.

ConsYour commission is %40. yes you can make 45% and 50% but it's hard because you share the work with so many other workers. 40% is a complete rip off.

A company that cannot find its way, used to be a much better place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edina, MN

ProsA lot of nice and talented people, though fewer now. There are not a lot of pros here anymore

ConsSr. Management as of 2013 is extremely short sited. Things must change, but this isn't the way to do it. Management keeps corporate staff in the dark much of the time. Rather than blame current state of company on past management team, they seem to blame the corporate staff. People are realizing that not only are the benefits horrible, so are salaries. Most people are looking to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in staff at HQ

Worked for Regis Corporation? Contribute to the Community!