Regis Corporation Reviews

Reset

1. 50/50

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Regis is a true midwestern, family friendly company to work for. The focus is always on doing the right thing, whether that is for a customer, fellow employee, or a shareholder.

Cons

It takes a lot of time/energy/effort to turn around a company with so many different brands, business owners, target audiences, and challenges to focus on.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the customer and the stylist and don't be afraid to make mistakes. This company is a cash cow, but it needs some fresh angles to stay relevant to the customer and the stylist.

2. Great Company

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist and Guest Service Representative in Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was 19 when I got hired. It was great pay. They really allowed me to prove myself. The flexibility and understanding is great. The company does little things to show appreciation to the employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

3. salon manager

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

The best thing I liked about this company were the discounts and my co workers.

Cons

They dont care about the staff. Poor pay. The benefits are a joke.

Advice to Management

HIRE PROFESSIONAL DISTRICT AND REGIONAL LEADERS THAT ACTUALLY TRAIN MANAGERS. I KNEW MORE THAN MY DISTRICT LEADER, NOT A GOOD THING.

Regis

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We are "salon support" not "headquarters," which correctly gives us a bit more humble approach to supporting our great field organization. Nice size - large enough to have scale and presence, small enough to be able to make a difference.

Cons

Being part of a turnaround and investing in growth means some perks may have to wait a bit...just like if you ran your own small business!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on a few key things - stay the course - don't go crazy with initiatives.

6. Company who cares

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working for Regis! They take good care of their employees and want stylist to have a careers for life! Good Benefits and lots of training opportunities.

Cons

It takes a year to get benefits once you start. They have been really short staffed so employees work really hard.

Advice to Management

Really pay attention to your good employees. They make your company and they want to make a career out of it.

7. Exciting Growth Potential!

Current Employee - Regional Director in Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Greeley, CO

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Regis Family of Brands is reinventing it's culture! It's all about the stylist! I came from a women's retail background that had an amazing culture-I joined Regis to help drive and develop a culture that is growing and I couldn't be more proud to be a part of this amazing company. There is HUGE growth potential for stylists career growth-to Salon Manager, District Leader, Regional Director and more!

Cons

It's a growth in progress-we welcome all idea's to continue to make Regis the employer of choice!!

8. Good place to start career and for longevity.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

I have been working at Regis Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast paced salons, fun stylists to work with, incentives for growth.

Cons

Turn over in stylists, some salons are open 4th of July holiday.

Advice to Management

More rewards and prizes for celebrating.

9. Enjoyable place to work

Pros

Good locations with high walk ins

Cons

bejng thought of as less talented than private salons

10. Love it here!

Current Employee - Regional Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Inspirational Senior Leadership that is committed to investing in developing our team. Very focused on Stylists education and job satisfaction. Significant growth and expansion specifically in our Smart Style brand. Lots of career opportunities in Salon Management and Multi-Unit Leadership positions

Cons

Fast growth - we are catching up in developing our Salon Managers and adding Educational Directors to every Region

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in field leader development and Stylist education.

You are on your own

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Edina, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food in the lunch room at the corporate office. Spend lots of money on corporate parties/trips to entertain employees or show appreciation. Onsite Dr office is very convenient.

Cons

Zero training. Had to figure it out on my own. No introductions or onboarding. Old school train of thought in most management areas. Any new idea or opinion will cost you... You become the enemy and then ignored. This company holds very high regard for their titles and the company hierarchy. If you do not find a way to make friends in high places you are just a number. And even then, you can't really trust what you hear or what you are told.

Advice to Management

Honesty, Accountability, Inspire and Respect are the values I never once saw during my time at Regis. My experience was the absolute opposite. Exaggerations on top of lies, back stabbing and bullying are a few. I have never been treated so poorly in my life. I only hope no one else has to experience what I endured. The only time I felt any form of niceness was speaking or spending time with the stylists. They are gentle, caring soles who deserve to be treated like they actually matter and are the reason Regis exist.

RSS Feed </> Embed