Regis Corporation

www.regiscorp.com
Profile Unclaimed

Lots of room for improvement if Upper Management would just LISTEN!!

Current Employee - Stylist (Former Manager)
    Current Employee - Stylist (Former Manager)

I have been working at Regis Corporation (more than 8 years)

Pros

High traffic, great guests, supplies equipment

Cons

Low commission pay scale, under staffed, working alone, turning away business due to lack of help, high turn over, poor management, favoritism, no floor mats (which is a big deal!), unfair scheduling, no education for new stylists, poor communication, no appointments for Senior/Master Stylists (guest complaints) and lack of open door policy

Open up the lines of communication and listen to your managers and stylists. There are so many simple and common sense ideas we have that can help fix the lack of profit. Walk In Only Salons need new innovative ideas to help maintain our guest counts like master stylists booking appointments while newer staff gains clientel by taking walk ins.

Doesn't really recognize employee experience

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Pleasant Hills, PA
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Pleasant Hills, PA

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A nice, creative environment, and the co-workers are great on a salon level. Hours are flexible and salon managers are often promoted from within.

Cons

Pay is pretty low, which wouldn't be too bad if tips were good. However, you really have to rely on a busy salon, which most aren't busy enough to make great tips, and therefore you have to build a great clientele to make money. Also, in later years, the company sells to value their employees less, and make the stylists do more for less money.

Have more incentives to keep stylists happy-it really translate to more profit for the company. Also, offer more than a potential 35 cent raise a year- it takes more than three years just to make a dollar more.

could be a great place to work because we have the customers

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Southern Pines, NC
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Southern Pines, NC

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Busy Salon. My salon manager is great. I love my customers. My coworkers are cool.

Cons

Pay is very low, Cant use floor mats due to lawsuit, can only use their Regis Brand hair products on back bar, Cheap continuing education classes. Nothing modern. Run down salon with crappy ceilings, floors, booths. Lights are always burnt out, flies everywhere. Matrix color is terrible, sinks are broken...Corporate needs to remodel our salon before other salons push us out because there is money to be made there.

To Corporate: Please stop treating us like infants

Loyal to themselves

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule - That's about it

Cons

Goals are unrealistic, no regard for experience, ivory tower mentality, nonsensical beliefs and objectives.

Get in touch with the reality. Treat your employees fair - they work with your customers every day - your customers are not loyal to the name on the front of the building - they are loyal to the person doing their hair and will not tolerate poor execution or service - Sad to see what a mess you have made -

Former Management

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Panama City, FL
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Panama City, FL

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Place to start out

Cons

The pay rate is not the best

Company has potential, but doesn't invest enough in front-line employees

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

Many salons will hire you with little experience, which is a great way to get into the cosmetology industry, because many private salons will not even give you a chance. For Smart Style salons, the walk-in traffic you have access to is wonderful for those who do not have an established clientele.

Cons

The amount of pay you receive is laughable for an adult that has taken the time to go to school for a cosmetology license. The wage is hourly minimum wage or commission percentage of services, which ever is greater at the end of the pay period. Commission starts low at 38%. You do have the opportunity to earn more ( I received a 5% raise after meeting a particular amount of sales standards), but since many stores don't allow their employees to be true full-time employees (35-40 hrs), you still end up making a very low wage.

Pay stylists what they are worth. They are on the front lines directly facing your customers and without them, you wouldn't have a company. This would prevent the massive amount of turn over the company experiences, making for a much more stable business. The customers can sense the instability very well.

District Leader

Former Employee - District Leader in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - District Leader in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Worked closely and made positive impact in my staff and vice versa.

Cons

Corporate has little understanding of how field operations work. They expect fuels leadership to do hair AND "run" up to 8 managers. Read their recent "earnings call" transcripts and you'll realize they have little understanding how to deliver a best in class experience to anyone but their corporate salaries.

Get out of Illinois and the northern states when you do field research. Creating new positions for million dollar salary heads is NOT going to turn your earnings call in a new direction. You recently castrated your field leadership by expecting them to lead multiple units while maintaining the production standards if a high producing stylist. Very interesting concept since no one up in Edina has worked a single hour behind the chair much less know how to do hair. Yet you laid off all your non-technical field leadership. Hmmm, hypocrites maybe?

Lack of room to move

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Regis Corporation

Pros

Flexible work areas, salon benefits

Cons

No ability to move, management feels like looking down

Great employees and fun place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees and fun place to work. Plus free lunch and great snack days.

Cons

Pay is low. Benefits cost a lot. No 401K match

Add 401K, add other perks

Flexible hours but pay sucks

Current Employee - Cosmetologist in Colonial Heights, VA
    Current Employee - Cosmetologist in Colonial Heights, VA

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like my job but cannot afford much with the pay I make. Health insurance cost too much for what we make in pay. Health insurance doesn't pay out much either. Benefits include 401 K but no matching. Regis stock they match but if you take them up on all the benefits you dont even get enough money on your check to survive.

Cons

Pay sucks! Lots of drama between coworkers. No organization. Incentive programs that really don't motivate you. Morale is down.I dislike making minimum wage or commission whichever is higher.plus any tips you get taxes come out of your check on them and then after benefits you have like a 200.00-300.00 dollar paycheck every 2 weeks. It doesnt even cover my rent.

none