Regis Salon

Daniel Hanrahan

Low quality

Current Employee - Cosmetologist in North Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Cosmetologist in North Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at Regis Salon part-time (less than an year)

Pros

you get to take clients with you.

Cons

The company provides low quality services.

The company needs to Increase commissions

No room for advancement

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Offers benefits, 401k, etc. Lots of walk-ins and job stability. 50% discount on products.

Cons

No further advancement once you reach 50% commission. No bonuses, unless you are a manager. No cleaning crew, no receptionist, no anti-fatigue mats for standing, too much corporatism, expected to work without a lunch break many times. Since the new CEO took over, the company seems to focus more on numbers and less on stylists.

Treat employees equally, part-timers seem to get treated less strictly, come and go as they please, while full time employees are expected to put more work in and get taken advantage of.

It was a truly learning experience working for a big corporation.

Former Employee - Master Stylist
    Former Employee - Master Stylist

I worked at Regis Salon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The constant push for furthering my education and training in both business, personal growth, trade secrets and current trends. I learned how to run my own successful business by doing what Regis taught me, and how to grow my clientele beyond what I could have ever imagined. It has come in hand with so many things in life.

Cons

Not a lot of pay. Yes, they supply you with 99% of everything you need, supply wise and business building. But the low commission still makes it hard to live on. My advice to current stylists, take advantage of everything they offer you and make the most of your time there. Build your clientele, and after about 2 years RUN! Don't walk... to a chair rental salon, and make your money!! I wish I would have done it so much sooner than I did, but I was scared- They will try to scare you too, into not leaving, telling you will fail, but trust me- you wont. But they will miss your profits in the pockets! The salon managers, DM's all get a % of what you make. That's why they will try and scare you. Just do it!

You should listen more than talk.

Who' $ is it any way

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Salem, OR

I worked at Regis Salon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many incentives , 401k, medical benifits etc...

Cons

The management talks the talk but does not walk the walk; that would include some district and regional managers.I would capitilize but no respect.

Wake up! Pretend that the $ that is being put in others pocket is yours. Act like you are truly interested in what's going on in the salons.

Shady people

Former Employee - Hair Stylist
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist

I worked at Regis Salon (less than an year)

Pros

Very low commitment employment with easy commission with walk ins and free classes depending on store and area.

Cons

Thieves everywhere! Stylists and managers too! Management acted blind to almost every thing that happened. Seriously low standards of professionalism from dress code to illegal activities.
    Also very out dated technology and dirty salon.

sexual harassment training for managers at least.

It was ok.

Current Employee - Cosmetologist in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Cosmetologist in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Regis Salon part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a in a mall so sometimes you are busy sometimes not. Paycheck was good when we were busy that was about all I can say.

Cons

Not enough business and favoritism of certain employees. It is in a mall setting. I went to this company hoping to learn more and I did not learn a whole lot more. There was a variety of different Girls and One guy that I worked with but a bunch of people left while I worked there as well. No perks.

Offering more education to employee's.

Nice salon.

Former Employee - Stylist in Midlothian, VA
    Former Employee - Stylist in Midlothian, VA

I worked at Regis Salon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generally located in popular areas so there was good opportunity to build clientele

Cons

Needed updated scheduling system

Its what you make it

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For the self motivated stylist Regis Salons a great place to work to build a book. Usually located in malls with high traffic, not always the case with private stand alone salons. High quality products to work with and sell to your guests. Flexible hours once you have a client base. There is room for growth if your desire is to educate or manage but it wont be handed to you with out making happen.

Cons

New leadership is not from the salon world. Focus is on a turnaround (which was needed) so not a lot of extras anymore. No cleaning service and support staff on board. Which means leaving your guests to work the front desk several times is common. The new WIG program worked great for hotels, but we are not trying to make beds faster here. There is no WIFM here to encourage stylist to participate in the 4dx. Like any chain operation , not all Regis salons are the same. Location and team makes the experience for the guest.

Stylist retention is key, we are loosing stylists and their books all the time. Sliding commission scale is far overdue. Exit interviews on long term managers not being done. They are dropping like flies every month. On the outside looking in, all focus is on franchises and premium division is rarely or never mentioned in quarterly meetings. So much more to add if someone would take the time to ask.

Hard to build clientele when you are the last employee to start at the job

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Metairie, LA
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Metairie, LA

I worked at Regis Salon part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good learning experience and if you need any advice, co workers are usually willing to help. The company gives employees new products monthly to try on ourselves. Tips are usually good.

Cons

Low commission pay. Bad benefits. Person at the top of the list gets first client so it makes it hard to build clientele. On a slow day, you may be there for 6 hrs and only get one client while seniority may get 4. It's more about competing with your coworkers rather than doing beautiful hair.

Think more abt your employees and clients rather than only abt money.

To much paperwork, I want to do hair not WIG boards.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Panama City Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The money is there if you have the clients.

Cons

Once again to much paperwork!

The wig board is the stupidest idea you ever had, to much time spent on paperwork That the computer has readily available to you.

Regis Salon Photos