Regis Salon Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014

2.4

Daniel Hanrahan

It was a truly learning experience working for a big corporation.

Former Employee - Master Stylist
    Former Employee - Master Stylist

I worked at Regis Salon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The constant push for furthering my education and training in both business, personal growth, trade secrets and current trends. I learned how to run my own successful business by doing what Regis taught me, and how to grow my clientele beyond what I could have ever imagined. It has come in hand with so many things in life.

Cons

Not a lot of pay. Yes, they supply you with 99% of everything you need, supply wise and business building. But the low commission still makes it hard to live on. My advice to current stylists, take advantage of everything they offer you and make the most of your time there. Build your clientele, and after about 2 years RUN! Don't walk... to a chair rental salon, and make your money!! I wish I would have done it so much sooner than I did, but I was scared- They will try to scare you too, into not leaving, telling you will fail, but trust me- you wont. But they will miss your profits in the pockets! The salon managers, DM's all get a % of what you make. That's why they will try and scare you. Just do it!

You should listen more than talk.

It was ok.

Current Employee - Cosmetologist  in  Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Cosmetologist in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Regis Salon part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a in a mall so sometimes you are busy sometimes not. Paycheck was good when we were busy that was about all I can say.

Cons

Not enough business and favoritism of certain employees. It is in a mall setting. I went to this company hoping to learn more and I did not learn a whole lot more. There was a variety of different Girls and One guy that I worked with but a bunch of people left while I worked there as well. No perks.

Offering more education to employee's.

Nice salon.

Former Employee - Stylist  in  Midlothian, VA
    Former Employee - Stylist in Midlothian, VA

I worked at Regis Salon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generally located in popular areas so there was good opportunity to build clientele

Cons

Needed updated scheduling system

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its what you make it

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For the self motivated stylist Regis Salons a great place to work to build a book. Usually located in malls with high traffic, not always the case with private stand alone salons. High quality products to work with and sell to your guests. Flexible hours once you have a client base. There is room for growth if your desire is to educate or manage but it wont be handed to you with out making happen.

Cons

New leadership is not from the salon world. Focus is on a turnaround (which was needed) so not a lot of extras anymore. No cleaning service and support staff on board. Which means leaving your guests to work the front desk several times is common. The new WIG program worked great for hotels, but we are not trying to make beds faster here. There is no WIFM here to encourage stylist to participate in the 4dx. Like any chain operation , not all Regis salons are the same. Location and team makes the experience for the guest.

Stylist retention is key, we are loosing stylists and their books all the time. Sliding commission scale is far overdue. Exit interviews on long term managers not being done. They are dropping like flies every month. On the outside looking in, all focus is on franchises and premium division is rarely or never mentioned in quarterly meetings. So much more to add if someone would take the time to ask.

To much paperwork, I want to do hair not WIG boards.

Current Employee - Hair Stylist  in  Panama City Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Panama City Beach, FL

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The money is there if you have the clients.

Cons

Once again to much paperwork!

The wig board is the stupidest idea you ever had, to much time spent on paperwork That the computer has readily available to you.

Hard to build clientele when you are the last employee to start at the job

Former Employee - Hair Stylist  in  Metairie, LA
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Metairie, LA

I worked at Regis Salon part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good learning experience and if you need any advice, co workers are usually willing to help. The company gives employees new products monthly to try on ourselves. Tips are usually good.

Cons

Low commission pay. Bad benefits. Person at the top of the list gets first client so it makes it hard to build clientele. On a slow day, you may be there for 6 hrs and only get one client while seniority may get 4. It's more about competing with your coworkers rather than doing beautiful hair.

Think more abt your employees and clients rather than only abt money.

Hostile work environment.. Drug addicts for coworkers

Current Employee - Stylist
    Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at Regis Salon part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for stylist with no clientele.

Cons

Poor management. A coworker who is clearly high on meth and lashes out at other stylist will not get fired. Stylist have gone to my manager with issues yet nothing is done harassment continues. Yet good stylist get fired for redos and combos? Very horrible company..

Train your management .

Horrible

Former Employee - Salon Manager
    Former Employee - Salon Manager

I worked at Regis Salon full-time for less than a year

Pros

In a mall, so there are walk-ins. They have a program where you can win points and trade them in for items like scissors and other tools.

Cons

Salon manager gets no pay for being a manger and is therefore competing with staff for guests. Company is obviously hurting and there are no benefits until you are there a year and then you pay for the health benefits anyway. It is very cut throat, where some stylists can really create a hostile environment. There are no clear salon operating systems in place that function correctly and fairly at the salon level. They expect a lot but give very little to employees.

Have training in place for management and salon staff. Have clear delegation of authority between salon manager, district regional etc. Do not let the animals run the zoo. Pay your salon managers a salary or decent hourly plus bonuses based on total salon performance. Your managers are severely underpayed for what they are expected to do. Your stylists need direction and good leadership.

It was ok

I worked at Regis Salon

Pros

Some days have a lot of clients
    Great place to start

Cons

Some days have no clients
    They try to have training classes but they aren't helpful
    Overwork/ Don't pay near enough

a lot of work, you create your own business, act as receptionist and manager and lots of cleaning

Former Employee - Master Stylist  in  Burlington, NJ
    Former Employee - Master Stylist in Burlington, NJ

I worked at Regis Salon full-time for more than a year

Pros

hourly wage if you don't make commission, well min wage, but still something

Cons

in malls, so always working and nights and weekends. if you are the last person to get hired then your the last person to get a client

listen to employees, and go back to wella

Worked for Regis Salon? Contribute to the Community!