Regis Salon

Daniel Hanrahan

Good salon with benefits

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, commission + tip, fairly flexible hours

Cons

Have to build own clientele. sometimes slow, have to fill out a lot of sales charts, ranking system

Read this before the company tries to bilk you out of money

I worked at Regis Salon

Pros

Fellow stylists made the work environment good, not management

Cons

I worked for a Regis salon for 2 years before i was terminated for what the company perceived as wrong doing. Regis is now attacking individual stylists using scare tactics via corporate phone calls that corner stylists, making them feel their job is secure if they go along with what they're saying. They set up a payment plan for the stylists according to what the company calculates they lost due to discounted services and special circumstances that corporate has no concern about as many of them know nothing about hair. As soon as they have you make a downpayment on the plan they had you sign along with your bank or credit card number, you will besuspended for a couple of days and terminated a couple of days later and ordered to pay.
    ********By the way, if you find yourself in that situation, do not sign anything or answer their interrogation, because it's all bogus until you sign. You will not be keeping your job any way you look at it if you get on a corporate call with a leader present.We were a salon of 8, they did this scare tactic to myself and the manager of the salon and 7 of us left along with our clientelle because the environment became too unbearable work in. Because of the way the company went about things, they took a salon that consistantly reached 98% of service and product goals and took it down to zilch.This company is great to work for if you enjoy an environment where you're made to feel like you'll never do anything right by upper management and love working for low pay and benefits.

Get a new plan to make the company's bottom dollar

Designer Stylist

Current Employee - Hairstylist in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Hairstylist in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice environment, upscale clientele, several product lines carried

Cons

The pay is only 7.25

Low quality

Current Employee - Cosmetologist in North Richland Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Cosmetologist in North Richland Hills, TX

I have been working at Regis Salon part-time (less than an year)

Pros

you get to take clients with you.

Cons

The company provides low quality services.

The company needs to Increase commissions

No room for advancement

I have been working at Regis Salon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Offers benefits, 401k, etc. Lots of walk-ins and job stability. 50% discount on products.

Cons

No further advancement once you reach 50% commission. No bonuses, unless you are a manager. No cleaning crew, no receptionist, no anti-fatigue mats for standing, too much corporatism, expected to work without a lunch break many times. Since the new CEO took over, the company seems to focus more on numbers and less on stylists.

Treat employees equally, part-timers seem to get treated less strictly, come and go as they please, while full time employees are expected to put more work in and get taken advantage of.

It was a truly learning experience working for a big corporation.

Former Employee - Master Stylist
    Former Employee - Master Stylist

I worked at Regis Salon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The constant push for furthering my education and training in both business, personal growth, trade secrets and current trends. I learned how to run my own successful business by doing what Regis taught me, and how to grow my clientele beyond what I could have ever imagined. It has come in hand with so many things in life.

Cons

Not a lot of pay. Yes, they supply you with 99% of everything you need, supply wise and business building. But the low commission still makes it hard to live on. My advice to current stylists, take advantage of everything they offer you and make the most of your time there. Build your clientele, and after about 2 years RUN! Don't walk... to a chair rental salon, and make your money!! I wish I would have done it so much sooner than I did, but I was scared- They will try to scare you too, into not leaving, telling you will fail, but trust me- you wont. But they will miss your profits in the pockets! The salon managers, DM's all get a % of what you make. That's why they will try and scare you. Just do it!

You should listen more than talk.

Who' $ is it any way

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Salem, OR

I worked at Regis Salon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many incentives , 401k, medical benifits etc...

Cons

The management talks the talk but does not walk the walk; that would include some district and regional managers.I would capitilize but no respect.

Wake up! Pretend that the $ that is being put in others pocket is yours. Act like you are truly interested in what's going on in the salons.

Shady people

Former Employee - Hair Stylist

I worked at Regis Salon (less than an year)

Pros

Very low commitment employment with easy commission with walk ins and free classes depending on store and area.

Cons

Thieves everywhere! Stylists and managers too! Management acted blind to almost every thing that happened. Seriously low standards of professionalism from dress code to illegal activities.
    Also very out dated technology and dirty salon.

sexual harassment training for managers at least.

It was ok.

Current Employee - Cosmetologist in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Cosmetologist in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Regis Salon part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is a in a mall so sometimes you are busy sometimes not. Paycheck was good when we were busy that was about all I can say.

Cons

Not enough business and favoritism of certain employees. It is in a mall setting. I went to this company hoping to learn more and I did not learn a whole lot more. There was a variety of different Girls and One guy that I worked with but a bunch of people left while I worked there as well. No perks.

Offering more education to employee's.

Nice salon.

Former Employee - Stylist in Midlothian, VA
    Former Employee - Stylist in Midlothian, VA

I worked at Regis Salon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generally located in popular areas so there was good opportunity to build clientele

Cons

Needed updated scheduling system

Regis Salon Photos