Regis University

CEO

Changing culture

Former Employee - Information Technology
    Former Employee - Information Technology

I worked at Regis University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Previously, this was a wonderful place to work. Great benefits (especially employee tuition benefits) and a very caring, friendly culture.

Cons

Pay here has always been significantly lower than market, but the atmosphere and other benefits would make up for that. With the culture becoming more typically corporate, this balance is disappearing.

this place has become far too much about the bottom line and less about service. Moving far away from "what ought we to do" and have been treating dedicated employees with little regard.

Decent Organization, Excellent department

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Regis University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy my job with Regis. I have had multiple opportunities to improve professionally and the education benefit is incredible. My department changes frequently to keep up with industry changes as well as university changes. My pay is extremely good considering the low level of stress for my job most of the year. I frequently get encouragement from leadership in and out of my area. The health and time off benefits are also quite good.

Cons

Extremely rigid pay rules with no increase for two years. And while the department I work in is excellent there is a lot of flux in much of the university, which has caused stress everywhere. The only complaint I have is no contraception coverage for the health benefits.

Very Great

I worked at Regis University

Pros

Very nice people and good environment

Cons

Smaller school, but more interaction with employees

Affiliate faculty at Regis

Current Employee - Affiliate Faculty in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Affiliate Faculty in Denver, CO

I have been working at Regis University as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Get to teach friendly students in a small class setting.
    The faculty I've met are friendly and great teachers.

Cons

Contracts are not sent out on time.
    For a school that "cares" about social justice, the pay is abysmal for adjuncts. The prof gets paid 1k per credit for the entire semester but the students pay over $400 per class. Adjuncts don't even get great support and have no benefits.

Pay adjuncts a more reasonable amount for the effort they put into teaching.

Not Worth It

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Regis University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tuition Benefit - If you choose to use it
    Great work experience - I've been given responsibilities above and beyond what I was hired for. Looks good on my resume for future jobs.

Cons

Pay - You will not be paid what you are worth. If you like to work for pennies this is the place.
    Workload - They are on a hiring freeze because of the financial situation Regis is currently in. You will be given more work than you are paid for.
    Support - Severely lacking

There need to be some major changes University-wide. All the good people have left and are leaving.

Unorganized

I have been working at Regis University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are able to obtain one undergraduate degree and one graduate degree for themselves, and employee’s immediate family is allowed to obtain one undergraduate degree at no cost.

Cons

At Regis University there is zero communication between departments of the University, no one departments knows what they are doing, let alone coordinating with other supporting departments to achieve a goal. The staff morale of the University is very low with many of the staff members having little to no job fulfillment.

Management needs to fall back there university mission of “men and women in service to others” This motto has been set aside in regards to generating revenue.

ok place to be

I worked at Regis University full-time

Pros

great work life balance,
    great health care benefits,
    great opportunity to work a degree or certificate for free, and
    good holiday benefits

Cons

not open to new idea,
    slow pace of progress,
    little room for advancement,
    pay is well below market value, and
    unclear measures of success

Consider flattening the hierarchical structure of communication and management, and
    Consider standardizing performance and goal metrics and knowing where they come from

Amazing people, great mission

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Regis University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Friendly faculty and staff united by the mission (to educate men and women in service to others)
    -Good relationships with community through self-driven and university-sponsored service opportunities
    -Staff is supportive of students; any student can walk into any department--academic or administrative--and feel comfortable asking questions, seeking advice/mentors, networking
    -Opportunities for personal development--career, mental, physical, spiritual
    -Great sense of community within university
    -Beautiful campus!
    -Access to Catholic and non-denominational services and support

Cons

-Some minor tensions between some departments
    -"Regis Time"--events campus-wide notoriously start 5+ minutes late

Low salaries and no professional development; dysfunctional, top-down, politically-focused leadership - need I say more?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Regis University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Mission of the university is inspiring when carried out. Working with and for students and seeing them take action to positively impact the world is fulfilling and fun. There is understanding about needing to take time off for family emergencies, illness, bereavement. Non-management personnel are some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. Campus is a beautiful place to work.

Cons

Leadership decisions are politically motivated and not well-informed. Management is top-down, non-transparent and overbearing. Takes a long time for decisions to be made because every major issue requires a committee to come to a consensus and those on the committees are there for political reasons and not because of experience relevant to the issue. Waste a lot of money paying outside "experts" because they don't trust the expertise they have in house already. Pay is below market average and official HR policy is there is no personal development and no telecommuting. No performance reviews and no raises except for a university-wide 2% raise in the fall which has been cancelled more than 50% of my time here due to financial instability. Very difficult to move up and join the leadership clique. Parking is horrible. Employee morale is currently very low due to two rounds of layoffs in 2014. Most likely there are more to come. Depressing work environment with fear for keeping your job.

Walk your talk and bring your HR policies into the 21st century. Invest in your employees instead of third-party vendors and begin preparing for the next generation of leadership.

Small University, Big Incompetance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Regis University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits and work flexibility were above average. Most colleagues were good people.

Cons

Hierarchical top down, non transparent, incompetent leadership. Most departments heavily micromanaged. Not generating revenue, not competitive in programs, over priced product, Employees must pay for parking that is often not available. 2% cost of living increases annually doesn't keep up with inflation, especially when they cancel the raises for 3 years straight. They don't internally hire, they outsource everything, and cross departmental communication is quite horrible.

The hierarchical structure of non leadership has Regis spinning its wheels. Compensation is low and micromanagement is high. Until Regis makes sound financial decisions and prioritizes the value of their programs they will struggle to be competitive. Innovation and program development are the ways to draw revenue and reduce costs.