Register Tape Network Reviews

Updated January 29, 2015
12 reviews filtered by
4.0
CEO

1. Its all about the people.

Current Employee - Market Relations in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Market Relations in Durham, NC

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Register Tape Network is truly one of the few people centric companies out there in the market. Whether it's their customer, employees, partners or vendors, the first priority here is to keep the people happy. The first thing we are taught is that people make a business and this is what makes this company one of the leaders in local advertising.

Cons

I am yet to find any cons in working for the company but will edit my review as soon as I get to face any major issue.

Great Work.

A wonderful company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Durham, NC

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A good salary, great incentives and magnificent people to work with(most of them).
    The company is ethical in its outlook which is the most vital reason why I had chosen to stay past 2 years. I see good outlook for this company and my own self as its employee.

Cons

Two years and the only cons about RTN are in peoples heads. A few people come up with negativity. One thing to notice is that initially everyone has different problems but once they sit together they somehow manage to come to a common nexus. Its an regular company with same issues as any other company in the world and good payoffs and in the end its all that matters.

3. It's about more than just paying the bills.

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I joined this company two year back while looking for a job to pay the bills and what started as temp job has kept me hooked since past two years.
    The work is extremely enriching and the incentive payoffs are excellent.

Cons

Aside from the coffee machine, I really have not seen anything negative but will surely update my review as soon as I find one.

No complaints yet.

5. Take what you need from there and move on

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Register Tape Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are always having incentives,
    Managers are always there to help solve problems

Cons

Base is sooooo low and what they give you for gas is not enough. They will have you traveling 80 miles to your territory from your home. Turnover rate is extremely high. They changed the commission payout, you dont get all your money off that commission..they issue it out every three months (its only effective if you are willing to be there for years and if the clients dont cancel on you). They make you follow a script which is fine for the most part but not always effective. Have conference calls every morning that talks about the same thing over, over again, just send emails out to people every morning. Having new territories every week makes it hard to continue to provide excellent customer service to existing clients to show them that they are not just a number but a valued customer. Want you to go to training classes and they dont reimburse you the complete mileage... they do not disclose that.. The only thing i took from this job is how to do a great job prospecting.

Find a better way to help your sales rep succeed out there in the field (tools to provide small business -there are software programs for that) bring some people back in the office to help generate leads for them since they only have really 4days to cold call and close deals in one day. Make their territory closer to each other so they can continue to make sure their existing clients. By doing this it helps eliminate stress and rushing and you will def see an increase on customer satisfaction. Some people sometimes dont buy from you because of the product but because they actually like you. Give the sales rep more time to focus on great customer skills by providing better tools for them.

6. Two years and still going strong.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Been here for over two years now and the work has allowed me access to an amazing network of business owners.
    You are allowed to be creative at work as long as performance remains uncompromising. My manger is friendly and behaves like a mentor rather than a senior. Workplace is decent enough and the incentive payout is really good.

Cons

Had there been any cons enough to upset me, I would have left a long time back. Though slackers come up with enough reasons to not work but these people are same at any other company.

Thank you for all the support and consideration over the past few years.

7. A good place to be.

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

incentives, People, Work Culture, Work ethics, Environment, Compensations. There are a lot of thing which are quite satisfactory about this company. During the past year I have learned a lot and my manager has been kind enough to step us a mentor to all. This is one of the factors which bind me to RTN.

Cons

Personal growth - At times the routine can get quite mundane especially in a process like sales. Though there are always new things happening in office but I tend to get bored quite easily.

Job Well Done.

8. Good Work, Fair Pay

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Register Tape Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The first thing I noticed within a month was the absence of office politics. The managers are very co-operative and we get the freedom to pursue our goals, our way. Though I wish that I had incentives like sales reps but that has not stopped me from coming to office yet.

Cons

It's been only two months here so yet to find any cons of this office. Will surely update this review once I get some experience here.

Good Work

9. Cool place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Durham, NC

I worked at Register Tape Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Environment, People, Experience,Incentives
    You get good incentives which can compensate for the comparatively low salary. Managers are co-operative and understanding and co-workers are a delight to work with.

Cons

Salary, Communication
    The basic salary is low which is not good during months where your sales are down.
    The communication within department is not yet refined and needs to evolve into a more seamless process. This can cause a lot of misunderstandings. Thank god the people understand the same and are co-operative.

Base salary needs revision

10. Work Hard, Party Harder

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Durham, NC

I worked at Register Tape Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Efforts are appreciated, Work culture is beautiful. The managers can be bossy and result oriented but only inside the office. Outside of work, everyone in the office is friendly and there is a deep sense of equality embedded in this companies DNA. Bosses are supposed to be a bit bossy to get results, that is why they are bosses but not everyone can understand that and some employees do complain about pressure that is being put on them. Well I had worked for them for over an year and never once did I whine. Withing one year I got a promotion and two raises. I don't think there is much left to be said.

Cons

The only con of working here is that most of their back end staff is outside the states hence communication with our offshore colleagues can sometime become time consuming which can put you in a rut. I just took my problem to my manger and my problems were resolved mostly within a day.

The communication needs to be improved a bit, especially with offshore offices.

11. WHAT A JOKE! DON'T WORK FOR THEM!

Former Employee - Account Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Register Tape Network full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to work independently but you need to call every am at 8am and go thru your day.

Cons

They have an automatic renewal that customers cant get out of. There are a lot of pissed off advertisers who hate RTN. The Greensboro market is the worst. I brought a lot of money into that company in a short time. When I hit Greensboro their bad reputation was waiting. People are stuck in auto-renew contracts and cant get out. They continue to bill them and ruin their credit. I didn't want them ruining my reputation, so I quit selling for them.

You go thru reps like crazy! Don't you take any responsibility for your mismanagement? If a rep has proven themselves and made you money, don't you think the rep should be able to make adjustments for customers because of your billing mistakes?