Register Tapes Unlimited

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
3.8

Doug Endsley

Pros
  • Independence and freedom to work from home (in 3 reviews)

• It is energizing and rewarding for me to know that I am bringing the best, most cost effective solution to business owners (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The way some people at corporate talk to and treat the customers and sales reps is embarrassing (in 5 reviews)

• Your a independent Contractor, no benefits, and they really don't care about their so called employees (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great rewards but you have to work hard!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You set your own schedule. Support/training is good. Commissions are very reasonable. Great product to sell.

Cons

You set your own schedule - nobody forces you to go sell.

Basic Independent sales

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You could make a fair amount of money.

Cons

Without a doubt one call close sales job which includes asking for a downpayment that day.Other than manager support you are absolutely on your own,straight commission, you do your own prospecting and cold calls (unless you get a telemarketer which needs to be motivated too)if the customer cancels the contract the company will allow them to and will can your commission that is left or back charge you if they have already paid you.
    You spend a lot in gas

Tough job need to be more perks and assists for the sales force.

All the good reviews are fake. The tried to change their image by faking it!!!!

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None. The leadership at this company is the worst I have ever been a part of. This company is dead.

Cons

Don't pay on time, forget to send your W2 at the end of the year, shipments to grocery stores are not on time, constant errors with adds, and management is the worst I have ever seen. Constantly in lawsuits regarding poor practices, swindling and unethical business practices!

Retire!!!!!!!!!!

Impossible to break through

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

What I experienced is that the "Glass Door" at RTUI is really bulletproof -- you can't get through unless you are one of the chosen -- and being chosen doesn't have much to do with performance. When I was there you were expected to do "whatever it takes" to close a sale. The result was unhappy advertisers. You could sell exclusivity to a car dealer at the same time your boss was selling the same store to a different car dealer! No wonder RTUI gets sued by advertisers and blasted with Better Business Bureau complaints. Of course, this leads to increased overhead as well -- they need a special mechanic to keep the revolving door lubed!

Don't even consider this company as an option. They are a joke.

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I could not locate any PROs

Cons

Unorganized. Unethical. Misleading. Deceptive. Poorly Managed. Terrible operating procedures. No training. No support.

Serious Growing pains.

Former Employee - File Clerk in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - File Clerk in Houston, TX

I worked at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (more than an year)

Pros

insurance benefits and some job security

Cons

Too much favoritism, Lack of Authority, Poor work ethics.

The work load and the amount of time for it to be done is insane. There is not enough people to do the jobs that you offer to the people that work here. Stop overbooking your people with work and expecting amazing results.Sloppy work and late work will all but will be achieved from this. Lock down more on the rules. The work environment here is too causal, people will take advantage of the lack of people slamming the hammer down on things that need to be done. It's almost impossible for this company to get better ratings and more clients if people aren't doing what they need to do in the end. Stop hiring crooks and lazy individuals to get a job done.

Incredible Opportunity to Work With a Dynamic, Rewarding, Successful, Family Owned Business.

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is energizing and rewarding for me to know that I am bringing the best, most cost effective solution to business owners # 1 problem... How to find new customers, keep them loyal as well as encouraging their existing customer base to return more often. I am privleged to be able to offer this vehicle to the business community on a daily basis. Management is progressive in supplying all the tools and knowledge necessary to achieve rapid success.

Cons

Because of the freedom and substantial income this opportunity allows, it requires an individual who is a self starter, demonstrates consistant self discipline and the ability to hold oneself accountable.

Love my new job!!

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am brand new to the Marketing Consultant position and loving it! I have had a great mentor the first week out in the field, and great Regional Managers' advice ever since. I have been successful in writing new business my first week on my own, and continue to work hard learn more every day! I so appreciate the freedom to set my own appointments and love meeting new business owners and helping them grow their business with the register tape ads!

Cons

I do use my own vehicle and gas money, but I would be using the gas anyway to commute to work and back!

Retirement plan would be nice and any group health insurance options at good rates would sweeten the pot!

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - National Sales Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - National Sales Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The ability to grow and reach your personal goals. There are so many different jobs and skill sets needed, anyone can be the best he/she can be.

Cons

A bit slow in implementing certain procedures. Need a 401k.

I know that you are very loyal to all your employees. However, don't be afraid to cut folks that just have no business being here.

The People You Want To Work With

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Register Tapes Unlimited full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hard work = more money
    The job freedom you want to suceed.......the flexibilty you want to live!
    Opportunity is knocking at YOUR door.

Cons

No guarantees......YOUR future is in YOUR hands.

Register Tapes Unlimited Photos

Headquarters
This is where we roll, our customers get value, and our stores get tape
The man with the vision