Register Tapes Unlimited

Updated June 3, 2014
Updated June 3, 2014

3.8

Doug Endsley

Great rewards but you have to work hard!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

Pros

You set your own schedule. Support/training is good. Commissions are very reasonable. Great product to sell.

Cons

You set your own schedule - nobody forces you to go sell.

Impossible to break through

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

What I experienced is that the "Glass Door" at RTUI is really bulletproof -- you can't get through unless you are one of the chosen -- and being chosen doesn't have much to do with performance. When I was there you were expected to do "whatever it takes" to close a sale. The result was unhappy advertisers. You could sell exclusivity to a car dealer at the same time your boss was selling the same store to a different car dealer! No wonder RTUI gets sued by advertisers and blasted with Better Business Bureau complaints. Of course, this leads to increased overhead as well -- they need a special mechanic to keep the revolving door lubed!

Don't even consider this company as an option. They are a joke.

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant

Pros

I could not locate any PROs

Cons

Unorganized. Unethical. Misleading. Deceptive. Poorly Managed. Terrible operating procedures. No training. No support.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Serious Growing pains.

Former Employee - File Clerk  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - File Clerk in Houston, TX

Pros

insurance benefits and some job security

Cons

Too much favoritism, Lack of Authority, Poor work ethics.

The work load and the amount of time for it to be done is insane. There is not enough people to do the jobs that you offer to the people that work here. Stop overbooking your people with work and expecting amazing results.Sloppy work and late work will all but will be achieved from this. Lock down more on the rules. The work environment here is too causal, people will take advantage of the lack of people slamming the hammer down on things that need to be done. It's almost impossible for this company to get better ratings and more clients if people aren't doing what they need to do in the end. Stop hiring crooks and lazy individuals to get a job done.

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - National Sales Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - National Sales Recruiter in Houston, TX

Pros

The ability to grow and reach your personal goals. There are so many different jobs and skill sets needed, anyone can be the best he/she can be.

Cons

A bit slow in implementing certain procedures. Need a 401k.

I know that you are very loyal to all your employees. However, don't be afraid to cut folks that just have no business being here.

The People You Want To Work With

Current Employee - Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Hard work = more money
    The job freedom you want to suceed.......the flexibilty you want to live!
    Opportunity is knocking at YOUR door.

Cons

No guarantees......YOUR future is in YOUR hands.

Incredible Opportunity to Work With a Dynamic, Rewarding, Successful, Family Owned Business.

Current Employee - Regional Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

It is energizing and rewarding for me to know that I am bringing the best, most cost effective solution to business owners # 1 problem... How to find new customers, keep them loyal as well as encouraging their existing customer base to return more often. I am privleged to be able to offer this vehicle to the business community on a daily basis. Management is progressive in supplying all the tools and knowledge necessary to achieve rapid success.

Cons

Because of the freedom and substantial income this opportunity allows, it requires an individual who is a self starter, demonstrates consistant self discipline and the ability to hold oneself accountable.

Love my new job!!

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Tulsa, OK

Pros

I am brand new to the Marketing Consultant position and loving it! I have had a great mentor the first week out in the field, and great Regional Managers' advice ever since. I have been successful in writing new business my first week on my own, and continue to work hard learn more every day! I so appreciate the freedom to set my own appointments and love meeting new business owners and helping them grow their business with the register tape ads!

Cons

I do use my own vehicle and gas money, but I would be using the gas anyway to commute to work and back!

Retirement plan would be nice and any group health insurance options at good rates would sweeten the pot!

I Love My Job! I don't even feel like it is work.

Current Employee - Regional Director
    Current Employee - Regional Director

Pros

You can make this job what you want of it. I started working part time thinking this was something to do to fill extra time in my day. I very quickly figured out the earning potential with this company and started working more and more. You really can work part time and make great money.

Cons

If you need to make money immediately this is a difficult job to start with. You need to have time to build your book of business. When I started with the company there was a different commission structure than what there is now. The new plan makes it more difficult because you don't receive as much money upfront as we did in the past.

Continue to grow.... I have been very impressed over the past year with the tools and support we have received.

I've been with Register Tapes Unlimited for 5 years and I am very satisfied with the company

Current Employee - Regional Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

I have freedom to run my schedule and work with clients without being stuck at a desk all day. I earn a strong six figure income selling advertising and managing a sales team and I can see that increasing by 10-20% each year. I enjoy talking with folks at corporate, they are fun and friendly and care about their work. Problems get resolved quickly if there are any. My upper management has been very helpful in assisting the closing of Sales. Product delivery to Grocery Stores has been almost flawless, making my job hassle free. I'm very happy with the opportunity and would recommend RTUI to a friend or family member. Doug Endsley the CEO is a very honest man and has high moral standards. Having 9500 Grocery stores under contract says a lot about the quality and reputation of RTUI.

Cons

This job requires constant effort and follow up to be successful. When getting started, be ready to work an honest 40-50 hours per week till you get your book of customers filled. Outside sales is full of rejection, disappointment, and setbacks, this is not a job for someone looking for something easy with minimal effort. Outside sales can be lonely at times. Can't think of any Cons regarding the Company itself, they do what they say they are going to do.

I would like to see a 401K plan.

Worked for Register Tapes Unlimited? Contribute to the Community!