Register.com

Be The First To
Add Photos

David L. Brown

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Register.com

ProsGreat career progression for employees

ConsNone that I can think of

old school thinking, relic of an internet based company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place if you are looking for 9-5

ConsMaybe back in 2000 this was a cutting edge domain registrar, not now
Derelict, hard to upgrade systems
Disjointed, Unsystematic marketing strategy

Advice to Senior Managementneed to think long term strategy, delegate projects, invest into development long term.

chaotic but fun

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

Prosco-workers are great
office was in mid town new york so there were lot of actions
Thanks for taking time to write your review, but we require a minimum total of 100 words to ensure these reviews are helpful to other users. If youre having a hard time thinking of writing topics, you might want to try explaining some of your more positive or negative ratings.

Consregistration has become commodity and there was not enough challenge

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Micromanagement, culture of blame, and poorly-defined goals all trump the free bagels and fruit.

Web Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Register.com

ProsThe people are excellent, and there is a sense of camaraderie that lasts beyond your time at Register.com. There are smart people who are willing to help each other solve problems, and are genuinely nice people.

There is enthusiastic planning involved in the social functions, although they tend to plan events for family groups instead of the young professionals that make up most of their workforce. Register.com is very family-friendly, but does attempts to not be so at the expense of the employees without families. Fans of karaoke, 5k runs and baseball will do well working there!

Free bagels and fresh fruit on Tuesdays! Free sodas all the time!

Located between Port Authority and Penn Station, Register is an easy commute from anywhere in the tristate area.

ConsRegister.com hires external people for major projects and higher level positions and only promote people internally as a last resort, often without training or appropriate mentoring. If a person "steps up" to fill a void in the company they are seldom appreciated for the effort, and the review process makes it likely they'll take a hit on their bonus for stepping up.

The goals process changes every year, and the highest level of recognition can only be achieved by those who spend their time kissing a lot of ass. If questions on what it takes to reach that goal marker the answer is usually "the bar is set very high" instead of a practical improvement that could be made.

Strong workers are given unrealistic deadlines, constantly shifting goals and faced with arrogance from management. The culture of blame is out of control and the first step in a crisis seems to be "who is getting fired for this?" instead of "how can we fix this?" Project leaders only want to be accountable when projects succeed and it causes a great deal of confusion as small decisions are passed all the way up to upper management for approval.

There was a growing "class distinction", especially between management and the worker bees. They disregard technical and professional experience in favor of people who went to "better" schools.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrong workers don't want to be bribed with gift cards, they want opportunities for advancement and professional growth. Continuing to disregard the technical skills of those within the company in favor of external resources will alienate those who signed on expecting to be given a chance to grow. An employee's worth is not less just because you already have them.

In such a small company the layers of management impede communication instead of helping organization. The departments need to be flattened to reduce red tape, or middle management needs to be given more say in day-to-day decisions.

Hiring someone just because of the school they went to and neglecting to confirm they have the needed skills is elitist. People who went to "lesser" schools are fully capable of great successes, and the snobbish attitude is just further alienating valuable employees.

It's a job... not a career

I have been working at Register.com full-time for more than 5 years

Prosmy immediate supervisor is awesome and one of the only reasons I am still there

Conssell, sell, sell... bad infrastructure and IT

Advice to Senior Managementactually listen and act on staff concerns

Great Place if You're a Great Salesman

Outbound Sales (Current Employee)
Halifax, NS (Canada)

I have been working at Register.com full-time for more than a year

Pros$12/hr for a call centre job is nice.
Bonus pay is amazing when you get it.
If you're good at sales, this is an amazing place to work.

ConsSuper high pressure sales environment
High expectations before you've really got on your feet
No raises
Very little room for promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication definitely needs to be improved, floor wide. A little wiggle room for error would be nice, too.

Worked for Register.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Register.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Register.com CEO David L. Brown. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Register.com employees.